Whitelist Applications

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Application

Post by Bedrock65 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:46 pm

So I understand why my first application was denied, so that's why I'll be giving it another go!  geek  




1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

Bedrock65

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.

I will like to join this server so I can enjoy this awesome server and make more friends as I play. I saw some videos of this server and what is has to offer, and it looks pretty cool. I also adore the gullivers mod so this server will be perfect to me. I hope to have good times here and stomp on cows... Maybe. Well, anyway, I don't have much stuff to do over the summer and I guess this will help me in a way!

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

They can help contribute in a few ways. First of all, I have experience being staff on servers so I can inform players if they are breaking the rules. I also have a friendly personality so people wont run away from me... ._. I also have a lot of experience with minecraft, so I can help people with various different things.

4. Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

1. The only sport I play is soccer. Although I swim a lot, I'm not on a swim team so I'm not counting that.
2. Although I am of a very young age, (10) multiple people assume that I'm older because of my maturity.
3. I'm 1 year above my grade level when it comes to math. I think I will be better but my school limits it to 1 year above.
4. I love computers, minecraft, and reading. I spend the majority of my life on the computer and reading... so that's why I love them so much! Very Happy
5. I have two siblings, a twin and a 16-year-old sister. I don't like them much because they're always mean to me.

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

21.And by extension, once you have enough experience, please be willing to assist new Novice players, or younger players, in acquainting them to the server, their rights, and their responsibilities.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

Cheese. I luv dat.
avatar
Bedrock65

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-08-05
Location : Over the Rainbow

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Mu-XiL on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Hello there, my name is Mu-XiL, but the only difference between that and my Mc IGN is Mu_XiL.

I would like to join this server because I have found no other Gulliver's servers, and I am really fond of the Gulliver's mod, it is by far, my favorite Mc mod. I saw your introductory Youtube video, and I thought to myself, "What a nice, small, community server for Gulliver's mod."

I am experienced in running a server, so I know how difficult it is for the staff, and owners, to handle everyone's needs. I am very helping, I currently play on a Creative server, and I help out almost every new player who joins.

I absolutely LOVE tacos, and potatos.

I play many games, but when I get bored, I come to Mc.

TF2 is my favorite video game.

I am a nerd.

My skin is a Red and Orange suited Polar Bear. .3.

My favorite right is being able to build houses, and shelters in spawn as a tiny.

You're currency is CHEESE, or sponge blocks.

Thanks for taking your time to read my app. Very Happy


Mu-XiL

Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Lomgren on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:54 pm

An Infinity of War wrote:
Ciabatta wrote:Awww, I'm sorry to hear about your funeral (and those blisters), you might have considered putting this off for a little while longer if it will have made you feel better.  After all, it sounds like you will not be able to be here often due to scheduling, so it doesn't sound like there's any particular rush. ^^

Ah, don't worry. Its not my funeral. If it my funeral then we are all in trouble. Zombie vault guy playing online video games will bring the end of the world I'm sure of it. Or humor. Most likely humor. I've got free time every day so I can still cheek in. Probably just the forum though. So feel free to take as much time as you people need to; I've got plenty. (And those I bury got even more time than me. Razz )

Lomgren wrote:
I'm actually not quite sure what to make of this application.  In the past couple of months or so, we had an applicant that we denied because he was too verbose, and told too much about himself.  Your application reminds me of his in some regards, albeit not nearly as verbose.  The other possibility that comes to mind when reading this application is that this is just a trolling application, making a mockery of our application process.

Either way, I think I want you to create a new application, this time geared a bit more toward joining our server.  And please post it in a new post!

Thank you, and have a great day!

When looking over the other apps the other day I noticed some areas had more detail so I tried to keep it short and sweet but fill in the parts that usually seemed to need redoing for some. I'll give it another shot as I'm feeling great today. ^.^ (Don't mind the puns. Dear heavens do we have a lot of puns in this business..)

1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
Ulysses_Zosimus

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
This game had unlimited modding abilities which I’ve already gotten bored of in single player. So When looking at multiplayer I found this small server with the added benefit of an odd mod. Add in the role-play, building, and no need of constant daily gaming I figured I’d enjoy myself the most here.

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
I’m great at making concrete burial vaults, experienced in doodling, like complex words (Thank Lovecraft.), and enjoy making gardens in this game for some reason. Why gardens? They make me happy and they seem to make other people happy. Free potatoes are the best after all. I’ll guarantee a spud in every home to boost morale on the server. Though you’ll have to ask me about my aspirations. Smile


4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
-I bury the dead. (No, not joking. I'll tell you about it later if you pester me enough.)
-Love Lovecraft.
-Like mechanical engineering.
-Bought this game as it is cheaper than legos.
-Fiddle with 3d modeling semi-regularly.

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
13. Please refrain from stifling other player's limited rights to free speech, so long as they are not
abusing the rule on the overuse of inappropriate language or content.

Insures a nice environment to play in. I like that a lot. More than you can possibly think.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
Cheese.

You have a great day too!

Hello there, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you, as it's been a crazy week at work and this has been my first mostly normal day. Also, thank you for posting another application. I do apologize for having you write up another one, but your previous one just had an odd vibe to it, if you understand what I mean. Let's get to it!

1. Only name used, so that's good.
2. I see you got bored with solo play. And you're also suggesting you won't be around much, which doesn't instill a lot of confidence. I know how work can keep people away, but I'm wondering just how often you would make it on.
3. You do have a sense of humor, but haven't noted much beyond that. Though a good sense of humor can help build a community...
4. You have some interesting facts here, though I guess the most incredulous one is your occupation. Not saying that you don't do that, it's just rare to see anyone discussing that kind of stuff online, especially with the fact that you like Lovecraft.
5. A good one to pick!
6. Correct!

All in all, I believe I have one more request of you. If you can explain the following to my satisfaction, I think it'll be okay to whitelist you.
1. Why will multiplayer roleplaying/mods will keep your interest more than singleplayer mods?
2. Besides humor and gardening, is there anything else you can bring to our little community?

Just to note, you don't need to post a new application to answer these questions.

Thanks again, and have a great day!
avatar
Lomgren

Posts : 155
Join date : 2015-01-01
Age : 36

RP Character Sheet
Name: Lomgren Smalls
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:52 pm

@Muxil:  saying there are no other Gulliver Servers is unfair to all the smaller Gulliver Servers out there that could use your patronage, but don't get it when people can't seem to use Google properly.  So just letting you know in advance that we cannot accept that as a reason for wanting to be here.

_________________
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 27
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by FlowerFaerie on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:01 pm

1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
FlowerFaerie

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
Out of all of the other gulliver servers I have looked at, yours seems to have the nicest community. I found out about this server from one of my best friends who has already been whitelisted for some time now, spirit_wolf_. He told me that this server was awesome so I just had to see what it's all about! Very Happy spirit_wolf_ also introduced me to the gulliver's mod. I have not played much of the mod because I felt lonely playing alone and couldn't find a server as nice as this one. Smile

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
I love helping others out and playing with others. I have experience in compromising, ending arguments in a positive way (I have a sister who is slightly hot tempered and a twin who is slightly annoying and they tend to argue but I love them both anyway), I am preparing to become a YouTuber and if I play on this server in any of my videos I will tell my viewers my honest opinion about it and give the link to the forums. I love children and always want to be surrounded by a happy child friendly community.

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
• I have two dogs, two cats, two turtles, and six fish. Altogether I have twelve pets.
• I take horseback riding lessons,  and I am going to take drum lessons, voice lessons, and sewing lessons as well.
• I am saving up for a $1,104.99 Dell desktop computer with 16GB Memory and a 2TB Hard Drive (1TB=1000GB)
• I can never stop talking about video games, Minecraft, an animation program called mmd (MikuMikuDance), and mermaids.
• I am vegetarian in Minecraft with an exception of fish because I don't like killing animals in Minecraft.

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
Responsibility
6.Please refrain from the act of griefing or vandalism on private property, as well as wholesale destruction of public property. I have been on servers where griefing is allowed. I never did it even then. I do not like it when people grief because it ruins what others have worked to make or collect.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
"Cheese" is the server currency. I think that cheese as currency was a "gouda" idea.Wink
avatar
FlowerFaerie

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-08-07
Age : 15
Location : strolling through the path of life

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flower P. Faerie
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:31 pm

FlowerFaerie wrote:1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
FlowerFaerie

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
Out of all of the other gulliver servers I have looked at, yours seems to have the nicest community. I found out about this server from one of my best friends who has already been whitelisted for some time now, spirit_wolf_. He told me that this server was awesome so I just had to see what it's all about! Very Happy spirit_wolf_ also introduced me to the gulliver's mod. I have not played much of the mod because I felt lonely playing alone and couldn't find a server as nice as this one. Smile

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
I love helping others out and playing with others. I have experience in compromising, ending arguments in a positive way (I have a sister who is slightly hot tempered and a twin who is slightly annoying and they tend to argue but I love them both anyway), I am preparing to become a YouTuber and if I play on this server in any of my videos I will tell my viewers my honest opinion about it and give the link to the forums. I love children and always want to be surrounded by a happy child friendly community.

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
• I have two dogs, two cats, two turtles, and six fish. Altogether I have twelve pets.
• I take horseback riding lessons,  and I am going to take drum lessons, voice lessons, and sewing lessons as well.
• I am saving up for a $1,104.99 Dell desktop computer with 16GB Memory and a 2TB Hard Drive (1TB=1000GB)
• I can never stop talking about video games, Minecraft, an animation program called mmd (MikuMikuDance), and mermaids.
• I am vegetarian in Minecraft with an exception of fish because I don't like killing animals in Minecraft.

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
Responsibility
6.Please refrain from the act of griefing or vandalism on private property, as well as wholesale destruction of public property. I have been on servers where griefing is allowed. I never did it even then. I do not like it when people grief because it ruins what others have worked to make or collect.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
"Cheese" is the server currency. I think that cheese as currency was a "gouda" idea.Wink

Hello FlowerPower.

Oh my, what an avatar. It almost reminds me of Mimi's first avatar (she's one of our staff, btw). ^^

Anyway, I haven't done a review in a while and yours seems like a lovely piece of work, unlike some of our newer ones that make me want to plant my face on my desk.  So I'll be taking care of you.  XD


QUESTION 2:  
THANK YOU!!!  FINALLY! a person who finds other Gulliver servers, and realizes we're NOT the only one out there.  GAWD, how I wish other applicants would do this!  This automatically puts you on my good side, so you're application is starting off on a very high note before it even begins.  Good job.  Smile

You make note of your friend only in passing, which is good because Spirit_Wolf is not here often, so it's nice to know you would want to be here on your own accord -- too many other applicants basically say "IM FRIENDS WITH XXXX, AND IF XXXX ISNT HERE IMMA NOT COMING!!!", and basically put us in a position to lose two players.  Wink

The reasons for liking the Gulliver mod are a bit light, but given the strength of all of the above and the recommendation from someone we know is a fair player, I think we can let this detail slide.  Plus, this server may not stay as a Gulliver-only server for long. ^^


QUESTION 3:
Very very nice!  I love how you say something we hear often ("love helping others"), but with a new and more detailed twist that properly explains WHY and HOW you love to help others, and again that's a rarity in many of the applications we get! I am excited by your prospect of becoming a Youtuber, hopefully we'll get to see your channel someday, and I most certainly wish you luck with it!  

And as for the love for children... that seems ironic given your own young age, but Ive known many pre-teens who still adore and love working/playing with even younger kids.  I feel it helps them grow up faster. ^^
In any event, if that's the case, you'll feel right at home here as we do have a lot of people who are physically (and mentally >>' ) a lot younger than you. ^^


QUESTION 4:
- WOO!! I think you break the world record for most animals owned, good for you!  ^^
- Riding on horseback is exciting, and not something much appreciate d these days, as are all the other lessons you've mentioned.  It's great to have an equestrian amidst our ranks. ^^
- Wow, that thing looks more expensive than a Macbook!  Good luck with that, though, I'm sure you'll get it.  D:
- Hahaha, well I'm not too fond of videogames, but 90% of the server is, so you'll probably get TONS of conversations going!
- Ah okay, only in Minecraft, so IRL you probably still get a full rnage of macronnutrients. ^^
IRL, I used to be a Minecraft vegan too back in the day, especially since I also felt sorry for all the cows and pigs and such.  I still don't like killing Minecraft animals even to this day, although arguably due to my admin position, i often have to do it out of necessity (like to stop rampant chicken farms).  ><


QUESTION 5: 
YAY!  CORRECT WITH FLYING COLORS!  This is the kind of quote that a person of great integrity uses!  ^>^


QUESTION 6:
Correct!  And although that pun has already been used twice, it's still adorable to see. ^^



VERDICT: 
Thank you for making my day, this application was brilliant!  The first one I've reviewed in a long-time that was near-flawless on the first go!  I find it glowing and brimming with potential, and I would be overjoyed to have you on our server.  If more people realized how easy it is to make me happy reading these, they'd have as much success as you have had today. ^^
Welcome aboard!  Happy Cia

_________________
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 27
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Bedrock65 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:47 pm

FlowerFaerie, I have a cousin that's a horse trainer. Her name is Blythe. If you want to read about her just search Blythe Marano in google!
avatar
Bedrock65

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-08-05
Location : Over the Rainbow

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Mu-XiL on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:51 pm

@Ciabatta

Ahem, all of the other Gulliver's Mod servers are never online, that or it's always empty.

In my opinion, my app is perfectly fine, and if you accept someones app for saying "I know there are other servers, but I like yours better" is very arrogant.

Sorry, but you just lost a community member. Thanks Very Happy

-Mu-XiL

Mu-XiL

Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Bedrock65 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:52 pm

...
avatar
Bedrock65

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-08-05
Location : Over the Rainbow

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:09 pm

Mu-XiL wrote:@Ciabatta

Ahem, all of the other Gulliver's Mod servers are never online, that or it's always empty.

In my opinion, my app is perfectly fine, and if you accept someones app for saying "I know there are other servers, but I like yours better" is very arrogant.

Sorry, but you just lost a community member. Thanks Very Happy

-Mu-XiL
You can't be a community member if you're not part of the community, which we're not (that term is overused).  Moreover, so long as you're not staff, you're not qualified to determine whether your application is good or not.

Now then, good luck giving other Gulliver Servers your patronage.

_________________
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 27
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:06 am

@Bedrock:  oh yeah, we still have your app to get to.  ><

I'll try to see who's available today. ^^

_________________
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 27
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Bedrock65 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:23 am

Make sure you do the second one! Ty
avatar
Bedrock65

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-08-05
Location : Over the Rainbow

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:22 pm

You forgot to say "please".  Wink

If you want to make extra-doubly sure, repost it below so my reviewer can easily find it.  You'll also have a chance to revise it based on what you can learn from Flower's application, which is close to gold standard (minus the light mention of Gulliver).  Smile

_________________
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 27
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Application

Post by Bedrock65 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:01 pm

So I understand why my first application was denied, so that's why I'll be giving it another go!  geek  




1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

Bedrock65

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.

I will like to join this server so I can enjoy this awesome server and make more friends as I play. I saw some videos of this server and what is has to offer, and it looks pretty cool. I also adore the gullivers mod so this server will be perfect to me. I hope to have good times here and stomp on cows... Maybe. Well, anyway, I don't have much stuff to do over the summer and I guess this will help me in a way! My friend also plays on this server so I will be able to see him more! Very Happy His name is brandontienbui. I know there are other Gulliver servers, but this one seems the best! Very Happy

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

They can help contribute in a few ways. First of all, I have experience being staff on servers so I can inform players if they are breaking the rules. I also have a friendly personality so people wont run away from me... ._. I also have a lot of experience with minecraft, so I can help people with various different things.

4. Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

1. The only sport I play is soccer. Although I swim a lot, I'm not on a swim team so I'm not counting that.
2. Although I am of a very young age, (10) multiple people assume that I'm older because of my maturity.
3. I'm 1 year above my grade level when it comes to math. I think I will be better but my school limits it to 1 year above.
4. I love computers, minecraft, and reading. I spend the majority of my life on the computer and reading... so that's why I love them so much! Very Happy
5. I have two siblings, a twin and a 16-year-old sister. I don't like them much because they're always mean to me.

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

21.And by extension, once you have enough experience, please be willing to assist new Novice players, or younger players, in acquainting them to the server, their rights, and their responsibilities.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

Cheese. I luv dat. Laughing
avatar
Bedrock65

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-08-05
Location : Over the Rainbow

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

APPLICATION

Post by astronaut32 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Hello, and thank you for your interest in joining the Big Sister Gulliver Minecraft server.  The server operates with a whitelist, the application for which you can find below.  

Before you continue, please take a minute to view the official Big Sister Server Quick Guide for an overview of the server and the installation setup.  If after reading the guide you still wish to continue, please reply to this thread with your completed copy of the application below....





1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
astronaut32

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
I have always wanted to play gulliver's mod. I just couldn't get it to work. Sad
But now,i have got it working,and i would like to have a community to play with. i find this one very interesting,and i think i might enjoy this!



3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
i am a great guy to RP with.And i think the RP community of this server would love a new addition.


4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
It can be very easy to rinse and repeat the same answers from the previous two questions, so here is your chance to truly differentiate yourself from other players.  List five amazing facts about yourself that make you special or that may be of interest to someone in our community.  Be sure to write detailed responses in full sentences, and bulleted-out to make it easier for us to read.  

Here is my own list of random facts to illustrate how you should list these:

• I bake breads in real life, but from non-standard ingredients like flax, sorghum, coconut, banana and almond flour.
• I own a pony and llama farm, and engage in the side business of selling the magic of friendship and cheap-imitation alpaca coats.
• I have a full-time job that more than pays for the server (hence why no donations are needed).  
• I own two fantastic Chromebooks, both running Ubuntu Linux in a ChromeOS chroot environment and XFCE4.
• I enjoying eating almost all my food with mint chutney and ghee, although I don't eat wheat in any way, shape or form.  

1.I am very smart and can answer some questions about minecraft.
2. i can apply mods easily and I am a technical wizard.
3.I am resistant to rude verbal attacks.
4.i care about others,and i try to make sure that everyone has a great time.
5.I feel that being nerdy is a great thing!


5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
Feel free to copy and paste it here, or paraphrase it from memory.  The most important thing to demonstrate is that you opened the document and read enough of it to pick one of the rights or responsibilities listed.  What you picked may be used to assess your personality, so choose wisely and feel free to explain your choice if you want.

If you have TabbyChat installed, you have the right to start roleplays or participate in active roleplays, provided you do it within the predesignated RP1 or RP2 channels. I like roleplay so I had to pick this one in personal.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency. Cheese. often the food of choice for a mouse.
Again, we just need to make sure you opened the guide and can find the answer to this very simple question.





Hopefully the information you need has been provided to you in the most clear and detailed way possible, but if you have any questions or are unsure about something, feel free to ask us first before submitting your application. Very Happy

Thank you and good luck![/quote]

Anyway,That wraps up my application. I Please ask you to accept my application. If you cannot,I understand. if i did something wrong,please let me know.
avatar
astronaut32

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-08-08
Age : 14

RP Character Sheet
Name: Raven
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by HannahChi on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:38 pm

Bedrock's Application:
Bedrock65 wrote:So I understand why my first application was denied, so that's why I'll be giving it another go!  geek  




1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

Bedrock65

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.

I will like to join this server so I can enjoy this awesome server and make more friends as I play. I saw some videos of this server and what is has to offer, and it looks pretty cool. I also adore the gullivers mod so this server will be perfect to me. I hope to have good times here and stomp on cows... Maybe. Well, anyway, I don't have much stuff to do over the summer and I guess this will help me in a way! My friend also plays on this server so I will be able to see him more! Very Happy His name is brandontienbui. I know there are other Gulliver servers, but this one seems the best! Very Happy

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

They can help contribute in a few ways. First of all, I have experience being staff on servers so I can inform players if they are breaking the rules. I also have a friendly personality so people wont run away from me... ._. I also have a lot of experience with minecraft, so I can help people with various different things.

4. Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

1. The only sport I play is soccer. Although I swim a lot, I'm not on a swim team so I'm not counting that.
2. Although I am of a very young age, (10) multiple people assume that I'm older because of my maturity.
3. I'm 1 year above my grade level when it comes to math. I think I will be better but my school limits it to 1 year above.
4. I love computers, minecraft, and reading. I spend the majority of my life on the computer and reading... so that's why I love them so much! Very Happy
5. I have two siblings, a twin and a 16-year-old sister. I don't like them much because they're always mean to me.

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

21.And by extension, once you have enough experience, please be willing to assist new Novice players, or younger players, in acquainting them to the server, their rights, and their responsibilities.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

Cheese. I luv dat. Laughing

Hello Bedrock, my name is Hannah and I will be reviewing your application tonight.
Thank you for improving it over your original version, I will see if the newer version meets all the requirements. And eek! Dont forget to save it often when typing up stuff like this especially on windows.

Question 2:
Oh no, why would you want to stomp on cows, thats a terrible thing!  if you must do that, at least buy your own… don’t go on stomping wild cows or player-owned cows as that will get you in a lot of trouble!  Stomp mobs instead!  I know it sounds like I’m making a big deal over nothing, but we want to make sure our new players don’t adopt bad behaviors.

I appreciate that you’ve watched the videos and also that you understand that we’re not the only Gulliver server out there.  You also mention your friend brandontiebui, but not as the only reason for being here because you do like the Gulliver mod for something (stomping things ^^; ).  We know he is a good quiet player, so we hope you will be the same as well.


Question 3:
That’s great if you have experience being staff in other servers, so that way you can report any broken rules and such. But to be fair, that won’t help very much right now as you’re not going to be staff right away and you don’t know if you will ever be. on this server. You also say you have a friendly personality, very much mentioned in lots of other applications -- but I wonder why you think people will run away from you.

What kind of “various things” do you mean?


Question 4:
1> That’s great, you get a lot of exercise and fun outside playing soccer and swimming!
2> Hrrrm… we’re always cautious of players claiming to be mature, because mature people don’t boast of their maturity or say “Cheese. I luv dat. ”.  But you’re young, I guess you still have lots to learn.
3> Good work on doing so well in school.
4> Well normally spending the majority of your life on a computer is bad, but you mention reading and also doing soccer too so you at least get some sun.  Smile
5> Lol, mature people don’t say they don’t like others because they’re “mean” to you. Razz
But as a note, I too have two siblings, so I kinda know what it’s like, although we get along fine.


Question 5:
Correct -- Well speaking of which, some people trying to apply here use being “only 10” or “only 12” as an excuse to not being good enough to write an excellent application.  I’m glad you did not try to fall into this trap.


Question 6:
Correct -- but silly.  Wink


Conclusion:
You barely just passed because while the application isn’t perfect, it has enough effort to it to warrant a passing grade. Reason being you did a good job explaining your talents and contributions, adding on your facts which were okay too! You also were cautious enough to not say “we’re the only server around”, “I’m only 10” or “imma friends with Brandon, let me in!” as excuses to gain favour, cause that almost never works.

Woohoo

_________________
avatar
HannahChi

Posts : 403
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 16

RP Character Sheet
Name: Hannah
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Bedrock65 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Woohoo! Do I get the ip? Maybe?
avatar
Bedrock65

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-08-05
Location : Over the Rainbow

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by HannahChi on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:57 pm

The IP is bigsister.mcserver.ws, I thought you'd know that from seeing Cia's blog. Im going to be nice this time, but consider this my last time being nice. Next time you'll have to find it yourself.... !!

Im just about to add you on our whitelist, hold tight..

_________________
avatar
HannahChi

Posts : 403
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 16

RP Character Sheet
Name: Hannah
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Bedrock65 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:13 pm

Alright, awesome. I did look at the blog... I guess I missed that. Strange.
avatar
Bedrock65

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-08-05
Location : Over the Rainbow

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by An Infinity of War on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:43 am

Lomgren wrote:
All in all, I believe I have one more request of you.  If you can explain the following to my satisfaction, I think it'll be okay to whitelist you.
1.  Why will multiplayer roleplaying/mods will keep your interest more than singleplayer mods?
2.  Besides humor and gardening, is there anything else you can bring to our little community?

Just to note, you don't need to post a new application to answer these questions.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Sorry about the delay. Had a Saturday funeral that went into the afternoon. More money. :)

1. Multiplayer will keep me intertwined more than singleplayer due mostly to roleplay and other interactions. As much fun as it can be to go about myself, with only myself, and no one but myself to roleplay with is fine and all but gets maddening as you know your every next move in advanced. Add in mods and this just expands the same thing even more. Having people to do this with would allow me to always have something new to explore. In other words I'm not going to get bored of playing with other people compared to myself; as having somewhere to go daily, or semi-weekly, would keep me quite happy. The little things in life are what I'm content with. This server has a LOT of those little things which make me a bundle of joy inside. I'm overly humble I suppose.

2. Besides my quirky personality I can bring positivity. I work in a morbid business but I'm not a morbid person. I'm usually the optimist and tend to base my actions around that. Why cause grief when it'll only be forgotten in a week when you can cause positivity that'll last for months. That is why I love the job I do and the actions I take. :)

Have a good day. I'll be having a great day when I finish repairing the jack on my new ethernet cord. :) Just got to finish crimping it. -.-

Edit: First time I posted left out the edit I made on the preview oddly enough.


Last edited by An Infinity of War on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
An Infinity of War

Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-08-01
Age : 80
Location : Arkham Sanitarium, Massachusetts

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ulysses Zosimus
Personality Trait: Devious
Character Description:

View user profile http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/forums/index.php?/user/4714

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by lizeli9 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Dear Astronaut,
On reading your application I have to say that you have not passed and I’ll explain. In Question 3 you stated that you would be a great benefit to the RP side of our ‘community’. However on our server though we do a have a few RP pop up here and there we do not have players that only just RP. We expect players to be open minded to new ideas, able to do (or try) a variety of tasks and be overall flexible. From this app it looks like the only thing you are interested in in-game is Role-Playing. A lot of the other issues in the application are that your answers are far too short to be analysed properly and some of the information needs to be switched to another question (such as Question 4 facts to Question 3), plus the layout is a mess. I suggest that you should go and find another server since it would be better to enjoy yourself on a server that best suits you. Good luck.

_________________


http://liziseverything.deviantart.com/
avatar
lizeli9

Posts : 72
Join date : 2014-01-04
Location : England, London, Under the rainbow eating skittles

RP Character Sheet
Name: Eliza vespid
Personality Trait: Lazy
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by astronaut32 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:51 pm

ok,thank you for the info.
avatar
astronaut32

Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-08-08
Age : 14

RP Character Sheet
Name: Raven
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Lomgren on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:38 pm

An Infinity of War wrote:
Lomgren wrote:
All in all, I believe I have one more request of you.  If you can explain the following to my satisfaction, I think it'll be okay to whitelist you.
1.  Why will multiplayer roleplaying/mods will keep your interest more than singleplayer mods?
2.  Besides humor and gardening, is there anything else you can bring to our little community?

Just to note, you don't need to post a new application to answer these questions.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Sorry about the delay. Had a Saturday funeral that went into the afternoon. More money. Smile

1. Multiplayer will keep me intertwined more than singleplayer due mostly to roleplay and other interactions. As much fun as it can be to go about myself, with only myself, and no one but myself to roleplay with is fine and all but gets maddening as you know your every next move in advanced. Add in mods and this just expands the same thing even more. Having people to do this with would allow me to always have something new to explore. In other words I'm not going to get bored of playing with other people compared to myself; as having somewhere to go daily, or semi-weekly, would keep me quite happy. The little things in life are what I'm content with. This server has a LOT of those little things which make me a bundle of joy inside. I'm overly humble I suppose.

2. Besides my quirky personality I can bring positivity. I work in a morbid business but I'm not a morbid person. I'm usually the optimist and tend to base my actions around that. Why cause grief when it'll only be forgotten in a week when you can cause positivity that'll last for months. That is why I love the job I do and the actions I take. Smile

Have a good day. I'll be having a great day when I finish repairing the jack on my new ethernet cord. Smile Just got to finish crimping it. -.-

Edit: First time I posted left out the edit I made on the preview oddly enough.

After reviewing your answers, I believe you are okay for a whitelist. I've gone ahead and added you, and note that you'll be able to spend days exploring everything that's been built as well, to get ideas for projects/whatever.
avatar
Lomgren

Posts : 155
Join date : 2015-01-01
Age : 36

RP Character Sheet
Name: Lomgren Smalls
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by An Infinity of War on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Lomgren wrote:
After reviewing your answers, I believe you are okay for a whitelist.  I've gone ahead and added you, and note that you'll be able to spend days exploring everything that's been built as well, to get ideas for projects/whatever.

Sounds like a good place to start. Thanks for giving me a chance. Now to plan the graveyard hu hu hu.. :P
avatar
An Infinity of War

Posts : 6
Join date : 2015-08-01
Age : 80
Location : Arkham Sanitarium, Massachusetts

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ulysses Zosimus
Personality Trait: Devious
Character Description:

View user profile http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/forums/index.php?/user/4714

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Coward Gamer Boy on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:29 pm

Ciabatta wrote:Hello, and thank you for your interest in joining the Big Sister Gulliver Minecraft server.  The server operates with a whitelist, the application for which you can find below.  

Before you continue, please take a minute to view the official Big Sister Server Quick Guide for an overview of the server and the installation setup.  If after reading the guide you still wish to continue, please reply to this thread with your completed copy of the application below....





1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
Please don't forget this as we won't know how to whitelist you on the server. 
For security reasons, we cannot assume your forum username is equal to your Minecraft one. My Username is Coward_Gamer_Boy


2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
We are looking for a detailed and honest explanation, ideally between 60 to 90 words.  Focus on your reasons for joining our server specifically over other server options (such as whether you like our documentation, our server videos, or our Dynmap), but you can also include such things as how you heard about this server, how you were acquainted with UncleMion's Gulliver Mod, and if you have had any experience in prior Gulliver servers.

  Gulliver is my favorite mod and i want to play it with other people

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
You are free to be a little broad here since you have likely never been to our server and don't know how we're like.  But your goal here is to demonstrate, ideally between 60 to 90 words, how you expect to do your part to help keep our server a happy, peaceful and productive place.  Things like maturity, building cred, and an independent spirit are valuable to us, but you're more than welcomed to be creative here.
im Honest

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
It can be very easy to rinse and repeat the same answers from the previous two questions, so here is your chance to truly differentiate yourself from other players.  List five amazing facts about yourself that make you special or that may be of interest to someone in our community.  Be sure to write detailed responses in full sentences, and bulleted-out to make it easier for us to read.  

Here is my own list of random facts to illustrate how you should list these:

• I bake breads in real life, but from non-standard ingredients like flax, sorghum, coconut, banana and almond flour.
• I own a pony and llama farm, and engage in the side business of selling the magic of friendship and cheap-imitation alpaca coats.
• I have a full-time job that more than pays for the server (hence why no donations are needed).  
• I own two fantastic Chromebooks, both running Ubuntu Linux in a ChromeOS chroot environment and XFCE4.
• I enjoying eating almost all my food with mint chutney and ghee, although I don't eat wheat in any way, shape or form.  

Of course these are just examples, and unless you really really like mint chutney, it would look really strange to see these same samples in your own list of facts. So be clever and creative! Now is your time to shine! 
I like video games. I like drawing. My favorite food is pizza. I have a brother.
I Have A Ipad
5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
Feel free to copy and paste it here, or paraphrase it from memory.  The most important thing to demonstrate is that you opened the document and read enough of it to pick one of the rights or responsibilities listed.  What you picked may be used to assess your personality, so choose wisely and feel free to explain your choice if you want.

Please avoid begging Staff to whitelist your friends without an application – if your friends wish to
join our server, they must complete a whitelist application of their own
6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
Again, we just need to make sure you opened the guide and can find the answer to this very simple question.
cheese




Hopefully the information you need has been provided to you in the most clear and detailed way possible, but if you have any questions or are unsure about something, feel free to ask us first before submitting your application.

Thank you and good luck!

Coward Gamer Boy

Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-08-11

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum