Whitelist Applications

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by HannahChi on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:55 pm

Coward Gamer Boy wrote:
Ciabatta wrote:Hello, and thank you for your interest in joining the Big Sister Gulliver Minecraft server.  The server operates with a whitelist, the application for which you can find below.  

Before you continue, please take a minute to view the official Big Sister Server Quick Guide for an overview of the server and the installation setup.  If after reading the guide you still wish to continue, please reply to this thread with your completed copy of the application below....





1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
Please don't forget this as we won't know how to whitelist you on the server. 
For security reasons, we cannot assume your forum username is equal to your Minecraft one. My Username is Coward_Gamer_Boy


2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
We are looking for a detailed and honest explanation, ideally between 60 to 90 words.  Focus on your reasons for joining our server specifically over other server options (such as whether you like our documentation, our server videos, or our Dynmap), but you can also include such things as how you heard about this server, how you were acquainted with UncleMion's Gulliver Mod, and if you have had any experience in prior Gulliver servers.

    Gulliver is my favorite mod and i want to play it with other people

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
You are free to be a little broad here since you have likely never been to our server and don't know how we're like.  But your goal here is to demonstrate, ideally between 60 to 90 words, how you expect to do your part to help keep our server a happy, peaceful and productive place.  Things like maturity, building cred, and an independent spirit are valuable to us, but you're more than welcomed to be creative here.
     im Honest

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
It can be very easy to rinse and repeat the same answers from the previous two questions, so here is your chance to truly differentiate yourself from other players.  List five amazing facts about yourself that make you special or that may be of interest to someone in our community.  Be sure to write detailed responses in full sentences, and bulleted-out to make it easier for us to read.  

Here is my own list of random facts to illustrate how you should list these:

• I bake breads in real life, but from non-standard ingredients like flax, sorghum, coconut, banana and almond flour.
• I own a pony and llama farm, and engage in the side business of selling the magic of friendship and cheap-imitation alpaca coats.
• I have a full-time job that more than pays for the server (hence why no donations are needed).  
• I own two fantastic Chromebooks, both running Ubuntu Linux in a ChromeOS chroot environment and XFCE4.
• I enjoying eating almost all my food with mint chutney and ghee, although I don't eat wheat in any way, shape or form.  

Of course these are just examples, and unless you really really like mint chutney, it would look really strange to see these same samples in your own list of facts. So be clever and creative! Now is your time to shine! 
I like video games. I like drawing. My favorite food is pizza. I have a brother.  
I Have A Ipad
5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
Feel free to copy and paste it here, or paraphrase it from memory.  The most important thing to demonstrate is that you opened the document and read enough of it to pick one of the rights or responsibilities listed.  What you picked may be used to assess your personality, so choose wisely and feel free to explain your choice if you want.

Please avoid begging Staff to whitelist your friends without an application – if your friends wish to
join our server, they must complete a whitelist application of their own
6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
Again, we just need to make sure you opened the guide and can find the answer to this very simple question.
cheese




Hopefully the information you need has been provided to you in the most clear and detailed way possible, but if you have any questions or are unsure about something, feel free to ask us first before submitting your application.

Thank you and good luck!

Hello Gamer Boy.

Please can you remove the quote and show us how awfully small that application of yours is? Oh no, don't tell me, it's way too small! XD

Yeah no, sort it out please if you wish to join this server

_________________
avatar
HannahChi

Posts : 403
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 16

RP Character Sheet
Name: Hannah
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by KaCii on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Coward Gamer Boy wrote:
Ciabatta wrote:Hello, and thank you for your interest in joining the Big Sister Gulliver Minecraft server.  The server operates with a whitelist, the application for which you can find below.  

Before you continue, please take a minute to view the official Big Sister Server Quick Guide for an overview of the server and the installation setup.  If after reading the guide you still wish to continue, please reply to this thread with your completed copy of the application below....





1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
Please don't forget this as we won't know how to whitelist you on the server. 
For security reasons, we cannot assume your forum username is equal to your Minecraft one. My Username is Coward_Gamer_Boy


2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
We are looking for a detailed and honest explanation, ideally between 60 to 90 words.  Focus on your reasons for joining our server specifically over other server options (such as whether you like our documentation, our server videos, or our Dynmap), but you can also include such things as how you heard about this server, how you were acquainted with UncleMion's Gulliver Mod, and if you have had any experience in prior Gulliver servers.

    Gulliver is my favorite mod and i want to play it with other people

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
You are free to be a little broad here since you have likely never been to our server and don't know how we're like.  But your goal here is to demonstrate, ideally between 60 to 90 words, how you expect to do your part to help keep our server a happy, peaceful and productive place.  Things like maturity, building cred, and an independent spirit are valuable to us, but you're more than welcomed to be creative here.
     im Honest

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
It can be very easy to rinse and repeat the same answers from the previous two questions, so here is your chance to truly differentiate yourself from other players.  List five amazing facts about yourself that make you special or that may be of interest to someone in our community.  Be sure to write detailed responses in full sentences, and bulleted-out to make it easier for us to read.  

Here is my own list of random facts to illustrate how you should list these:

• I bake breads in real life, but from non-standard ingredients like flax, sorghum, coconut, banana and almond flour.
• I own a pony and llama farm, and engage in the side business of selling the magic of friendship and cheap-imitation alpaca coats.
• I have a full-time job that more than pays for the server (hence why no donations are needed).  
• I own two fantastic Chromebooks, both running Ubuntu Linux in a ChromeOS chroot environment and XFCE4.
• I enjoying eating almost all my food with mint chutney and ghee, although I don't eat wheat in any way, shape or form.  

Of course these are just examples, and unless you really really like mint chutney, it would look really strange to see these same samples in your own list of facts. So be clever and creative! Now is your time to shine! 
I like video games. I like drawing. My favorite food is pizza. I have a brother.  
I Have A Ipad
5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
Feel free to copy and paste it here, or paraphrase it from memory.  The most important thing to demonstrate is that you opened the document and read enough of it to pick one of the rights or responsibilities listed.  What you picked may be used to assess your personality, so choose wisely and feel free to explain your choice if you want.

Please avoid begging Staff to whitelist your friends without an application – if your friends wish to
join our server, they must complete a whitelist application of their own
6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
Again, we just need to make sure you opened the guide and can find the answer to this very simple question.
cheese




Hopefully the information you need has been provided to you in the most clear and detailed way possible, but if you have any questions or are unsure about something, feel free to ask us first before submitting your application.

Thank you and good luck!

Wow, what a wonderful tutorial on how to create an application! Maybe you should follow your instructions!

Please write a proper application, and with proper formatting as well. >.<
avatar
KaCii

Posts : 211
Join date : 2014-11-23
Age : 15
Location : Canada

RP Character Sheet
Name: Kacey
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by ChrissyBoy666 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:40 pm

I understand I was a little vague last time, so I fixed the problems you said Razz.

I really hope I'm answering this how you wanted me to :S

Also, I kinda forgot about this, so I'm a little late to reply lol. Sry about that

1: I do hope your name is correct, otherwise you won't be able to join when you get whitelisted!

It is, I checked. Razz

2: Oh, you like the Gulliver's mod? I couldn't tell based on how much you said it. Razz Glad you liked our video, but could you tell us what you liked about it? What made you think this server had a good community? For all you know, we could be a server full of ruffians looking to steal your account!

Well, I poked around in the comments, and found lots of people saying how fun the server was to play in, and it does look pretty fun from the video(s). The comments also suggest that this server has a great community, so that's how I got that xD.

3: Ah, humble! I'll note that for later! ^w^

Razz

4:
-1: As long as you don't use your age as an excuse for any blunders, you'll be fine. Razz

I won't. Or I'll try not to, anyway.

-2: Please, don't use MC facts as your "random" facts. We ask that you give us some things to help you be "unique". Do you have any pets? What's your favorite food and why? Favorite color? Etc., etc.

Won't happen again. Also, the other 2 facts are down a bit xD.

-3: Oooh, wonderful! I'm only a year ahead in Math, but that's because our school doesn't allow much for "advanced" students.

-4: Another MC fact; see fact #2.

-5: Oh dear! Please, get up and do something outside for a little bit! xP

NEVER! Razz. I will. Eventually.

Rewrote the two mc facts:

2) My favorite color/colour is both green and/or blue, and I sometimes have REALLY hard times deciding which color/colour is my favorite on that particular day (I switch them almost every day lol) But right now it's blue. Dark blue.

4) I have a little brown and white pet hamster called Emily, and she's 1 and a half years old now. It's a pain to clean her cage out Razz

5: Would you mind expanding more on why this is "it"?

Alright, here we go.
I always like to help people at school, and not only is it nice to help someone else, it's nice to be helped, if you get me. In most of my subjects my friends ask me for help a lot of the time anyway, so it's almost impossible to go about a school day without helping someone Razz.

6: Correct!

Hooray!

Alright, I hope I did that correct, and I hope to get whitelisted Razz.




P.S. what version of MC, forge and gullivers mod are you using? I just wanna make sure I got the right ones!

ChrissyBoy666

Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-08-05
Age : 26
Location : Hasting, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by KaCii on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:21 pm

ChrissyBoy666 wrote:I understand I was a little vague last time, so I fixed the problems you said Razz.

I really hope I'm answering this how you wanted me to :S

Also, I kinda forgot about this, so I'm a little late to reply lol. Sry about that

1: I do hope your name is correct, otherwise you won't be able to join when you get whitelisted!

It is, I checked. Razz

2: Oh, you like the Gulliver's mod? I couldn't tell based on how much you said it. Razz Glad you liked our video, but could you tell us what you liked about it? What made you think this server had a good community? For all you know, we could be a server full of ruffians looking to steal your account!

Well, I poked around in the comments, and found lots of people saying how fun the server was to play in, and it does look pretty fun from the video(s). The comments also suggest that this server has a great community, so that's how I got that xD.

3: Ah, humble! I'll note that for later! ^w^

Razz

4:
-1: As long as you don't use your age as an excuse for any blunders, you'll be fine. Razz

I won't. Or I'll try not to, anyway.

-2: Please, don't use MC facts as your "random" facts. We ask that you give us some things to help you be "unique". Do you have any pets? What's your favorite food and why? Favorite color? Etc., etc.

Won't happen again. Also, the other 2 facts are down a bit xD.

-3: Oooh, wonderful! I'm only a year ahead in Math, but that's because our school doesn't allow much for "advanced" students.

-4: Another MC fact; see fact #2.

-5: Oh dear! Please, get up and do something outside for a little bit! xP

NEVER! Razz. I will. Eventually.

Rewrote the two mc facts:

2) My favorite color/colour is both green and/or blue, and I sometimes have REALLY hard times deciding which color/colour is my favorite on that particular day (I switch them almost every day lol) But right now it's blue. Dark blue.

4) I have a little brown and white pet hamster called Emily, and she's 1 and a half years old now. It's a pain to clean her cage out Razz

5: Would you mind expanding more on why this is "it"?

Alright, here we go.
I always like to help people at school, and not only is it nice to help someone else, it's nice to be helped, if you get me. In most of my subjects my friends ask me for help a lot of the time anyway, so it's almost impossible to go about a school day without helping someone Razz.

6: Correct!

Hooray!

Alright, I hope I did that correct, and I hope to get whitelisted Razz.




P.S. what version of MC, forge and gullivers mod are you using? I just wanna make sure I got the right ones!

Hello,

Would you mind reposting your application adding the new answers to the old ones? It's really difficult to tell the difference between what Flamm wrote and what you did. Thanks!
avatar
KaCii

Posts : 211
Join date : 2014-11-23
Age : 15
Location : Canada

RP Character Sheet
Name: Kacey
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Coward Gamer Boy on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:31 pm

1.Coward_Gamer_Boy
2.I saw lots of good videos and i've never been on a moded server and i was like wow this might be a great server so i think it would be a great server to join..i also like the forum so thats why i want to join the server.
3.Im honest,don't grief,I'm creative, I'm good at building and i like to talk
4.•My favorite food is shrimp
•I have a little brother
•Im great at video games
•I don't get banned from servers
•I have a few pet fish
5.You have the right to build a home of an appropriate scale [and make] in an unclaimed area.
6. cheese!

Coward Gamer Boy

Posts : 2
Join date : 2015-08-11

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by BurgerWarrior on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Coward Gamer Boy wrote:1.Coward_Gamer_Boy
2.I saw lots of good videos and i've never been on a moded server and i was like wow this might be a great server so i think it would be a great server to join..i also like the forum so thats why i want to join the server.
3.Im honest,don't grief,I'm creative, I'm good at building and i like to talk
4.•My favorite food is shrimp
•I have a little brother
•Im great at video games
•I don't get banned from servers
•I have a few pet fish
5.You have the right to build a home of an appropriate scale [and make] in an unclaimed area.
6. cheese!

Hey, uh... Coward...

At a glance, I can tell this application still isn't going to work, but I'll give you some specifics to work on:

We could use a better reason than things as vague as 'our good videos', 'you like our forum', etc. Preferably try to note things in the server itself that you'll probably be doing a lot, like building - as we support that wholeheartedly, with a number of rules to protect creations - and playing minigames.

...As I move on to the next question, do realize that the instructions give you a 60 word minimum. For this reason, I think it's obvious your answer to question three needs a lot of work.

All of your random facts are also too short, with your fourth fact being very server-related, and thus belonging more to the answer to question three. Try to make a full, detailed sentence that gives us an idea of your personality when writing your facts down.

...You managed to get five and six right, though.

However, given how everything else needs a lot of work, it's going to be a while before you can get on. I'd suggest going to look for another server, personally, since we do have fairly high standards that we hold all of our players to.

Regardless of whether you leave or try to reapply, though, good luck. ^^

_________________
-Whitelisting Moderator Extraordinaire.
avatar
BurgerWarrior

Posts : 540
Join date : 2014-01-03
Location : California

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

whitelist application

Post by ilcalmissimo on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:05 pm

hello,i'm ilcalmissimo and i'm from italy. i want to join the server because i love the gulliver mod and i want to play it with other people!i'm a good redstone creation maker and i love building.i'm a student and i'm from italy,i play minecraft a lot of time and i love tecnical mods,except the gulliver because i LOVE IT!! Very Happy my favourite responsability:9 Please refrain from breaking and entering into another player's home without their consent.the currency of the server is CHEEEEESEEEE Very Happy i hope to play with you.Bye!

ilcalmissimo

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Spookster on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:12 pm

ilcalmissimo wrote:hello,i'm ilcalmissimo and i'm from italy. i want to join the server because i love the gulliver mod and i want to play it with other people!i'm a good redstone creation maker and i love building.i'm a student and i'm from italy,i play minecraft a lot of time and i love tecnical mods,except the gulliver because i LOVE IT!! Very Happy my favourite responsability:9 Please refrain from breaking and entering into another player's home without their consent.the currency of the server is CHEEEEESEEEE Very Happy  i hope to play with you.Bye!

Hello! I'm Spookie and I am err going to review your blob of text...

Please format your application in a readable way and make sure it follows the guidelines since some of your answers are way to short, thank you!

_________________
Because everyone is doing it



[/b]
avatar
Spookster

Posts : 563
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 18
Location : Netherlands

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

whitelist application (ilcalmissimo)

Post by ilcalmissimo on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:32 am

1. my IGN is ilcalmissimo

2.because i love this mod and i want to play with people because i think the mod is great but it's better with other people,or not? Very Happy

3. i'm a good builder and i love redstone creations

4.i'm from italy and i'm a student.i love technic modpacks but adventure's one,too!my preferite mod is the GULLIVER MOD!

5.Please refrain from breaking and entering into another player's home without their consent (number 9 of the responsabilities)

6.the currency is CHEEEEEESE! Very Happy

i hope to play with you.sorry for my bad grammar but i'm italien Very Happy

ilcalmissimo

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by BurgerWarrior on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:58 pm

ilcalmissimo wrote:1. my IGN is ilcalmissimo

2.because i love this mod and i want to play with people because i think the mod is great but it's better with other people,or not? Very Happy

3. i'm a good builder and i love redstone creations

4.i'm from italy and i'm a student.i love technic modpacks but adventure's one,too!my preferite mod is the GULLIVER MOD!

5.Please refrain from breaking and entering into another player's home without their consent (number 9 of the responsabilities)

6.the currency is CHEEEEEESE! Very Happy

i hope to play with you.sorry for my bad grammar but i'm italien Very Happy

Well, while English isn't your first language... I'm afraid that can't be used for an excuse here. Your grammar isn't the only problem (though at least you're understandable compared to most other players who don't usually speak English... that's a compliment ^^; ); many of your questions are light on important details.

So, I'll go through things in-depth so you know what to work on. ^^

First off, your reason to join is purely because we have the Gulliver Mod. While that isn't a bad reason to join, not only does your answer have to be longer (we have a minimum length requirement), but you need more than just that for a reason. Do you like our community? Our minigames? Our trailers? Ramble as much as you want, as long as you stick to the general point. And try to keep it read-able Razz

Your next bit that needs a big fix is what you bring to the table. Technically you only have 10 out of the 60 required words for this section: that, and you only list your skills in Minecraft. This question is meant to address your personality, as well, as that is what will determine whether you get on or not. In short, a good personality (or rather, the kind we decide is good) equals a whitelist. So in general, make your answer to question three longer, and cover your personality as well as in-game skills.

As for your random facts, please make each one a separate bullet point so it's easier to read. Also, I... only count three or maybe four facts, here. Not only that, but your last two are heavily related to Minecraft. Your random facts should never do that, and should tell us more about your personality than anything.

You did good quoting this passage from the Creed, though. Good job ^^

And you got the currency right. Very Happy

So, overall, your grammar isn't the problem. Your ability to follow directions is, though. So read through my review as well as you can, and try to fix what I pointed out was wrong.

Good luck!

_________________
-Whitelisting Moderator Extraordinaire.
avatar
BurgerWarrior

Posts : 540
Join date : 2014-01-03
Location : California

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Lufuu on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:37 pm

1)

My name is Lufuu


2)

I would like to join this server due to the fact that I have been searching for a gulliver server as I want to play with my friends. My friend had found this for me and I was really excited when this happened. I also had read some of the forum posts and found this one server had a friendly community. There was also the part where I read it was whitelisted so I figured people would only be accepted if their applications were good.



3)

I do believe one of my personal traits are that I am very humurous to certain groups of people and that I would maybe attract people to this server. I also have some amount of experience and could help out a lot of people when on this.


4)

1. I like foxes
2. I feel that I can get someones attention really well.
3. I can easily amuse myself and others
4. I like trains. (No I don't actually 'cause I like foxes)
5. My name is Lufuu


5)

In short, you are a person of small power, but grand ambition, and immeasurable potential. Yet youknow you are currently a guest in a strange house, unknown by most or all its inhabitants. You are wise toproceed with caution, as your actions will be tracked, your words held against you, your every momentscrutinized.  Just as you are unsure of what challenges and dangers lie ahead, so too will we be unsure ofexactly what kind of person you are.  After all that effort and hospitality, will you be a new good friend forus, and a noble protector to the server that is so dear to us? Or will you be seduced by the dark arts ofgriefery, and betray our trust in the most callous manner possible?  

6)

Cheese
avatar
Lufuu

Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by BurgerWarrior on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Lufuu wrote:1)

My name is Lufuu


2)

I would like to join this server due to the fact that I have been searching for a gulliver server as I want to play with my friends. My friend had found this for me and I was really excited when this happened. I also had read some of the forum posts and found this one server had a friendly community. There was also the part where I read it was whitelisted so I figured people would only be accepted if their applications were good.



3)

I do believe one of my personal traits are that I am very humurous to certain groups of people and that I would maybe attract people to this server. I also have some amount of experience and could help out a lot of people when on this.


4)

1. I like foxes
2. I feel that I can get someones attention really well.
3. I can easily amuse myself and others
4. I like trains. (No I don't actually 'cause I like foxes)
5. My name is Lufuu


5)

In short, you are a person of small power, but grand ambition, and immeasurable potential. Yet youknow you are currently a guest in a strange house, unknown by most or all its inhabitants. You are wise toproceed with caution, as your actions will be tracked, your words held against you, your every momentscrutinized.  Just as you are unsure of what challenges and dangers lie ahead, so too will we be unsure ofexactly what kind of person you are.  After all that effort and hospitality, will you be a new good friend forus, and a noble protector to the server that is so dear to us? Or will you be seduced by the dark arts ofgriefery, and betray our trust in the most callous manner possible?  

6)

Cheese

Well, you made one correct assumption in your application: we try to only accept people with good applications. Your app needs some work, though.

Let's start with your reason to join: you mention a friend 'finding this server for you', but you never mention his IGN. This can be very important, and I suggest you edit it into your app when you edit all this. And, while you say our friendly community is your reason to join, you also mention that only people that make good applications can join. So... do you like that about our server?

Then there's what you bring to the table. Overall, this answer is a little on the short side (remember, the word minimum is sixty words), but also there are a few other things I find... problematic. First of all, you mention you're 'humorous to certain groups of people'. What do you mean by that, exactly? Because that could easily mean 'my kind of humor is extremely crass and racist, so only people that enjoy that sort of stuff like it'. While I hope that's not the case, clarification is a must, here. Also, we aren't interested in simply amassing players, so what kind of players do you think you would attract? Because, as you can tell by this grueling whitelist process, we measure each and every one of our players for a number of key qualities that many don't possess. Finally, you mention you have some amount of experience, but don't say what kind of experience.

So, rather than rant further, I'll just write this: being vague does not and will not help you here. In other words, get on my level, because I don't know what you're insinuating half the time.

Now, onto your random facts. Your first is entirely too short. What kind of foxes do you like? Why do you like them? Do you pursue your interest in them much? You also already used 'getting people's attention' in your answer to the previous question, so that's out. You also kind of already mentioned the amusing other people and yourself. Then you go on and quote ASDF movie and then admit you're lying, which doesn't set me at ease at all, and finally you just repeat the first sentence in your application.

In short, your random facts need to be completely revamped. Just remember that, ultimately, they help us see what's unique about you and get some more insight into your character, not necessarily your personal life.

As for your quote, you... completely flunked that one. Please read the directions for that.

But cheese is the right answer to your final question, congratulations.

-----

Overall, your application is... well, like an avalanche. It's all going downhill, and it speeds up the further it goes down. It starts with a few minor faults and gets worse, in other words. So, re-read my review and address every point I brought up. Once you've done so, re-post your new application here and I'll check it again. Or don't, and in that case good luck finding another Gulliver server more to your tastes.

In any case, good luck in your future endeavors.

_________________
-Whitelisting Moderator Extraordinaire.
avatar
BurgerWarrior

Posts : 540
Join date : 2014-01-03
Location : California

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Hurricaneike123 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Gosh darn it Lu XD
avatar
Hurricaneike123

Posts : 52
Join date : 2014-10-23
Age : 16
Location : A World Away

RP Character Sheet
Name: Cinder
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/iamhurricaneike/hurricaneike-ahead-of-us

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Hurricaneike123 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:56 pm

by the way, im the friend :}

Also, apparently he says hes not good at writing, so this is the best he can do......
avatar
Hurricaneike123

Posts : 52
Join date : 2014-10-23
Age : 16
Location : A World Away

RP Character Sheet
Name: Cinder
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/iamhurricaneike/hurricaneike-ahead-of-us

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Lufuu on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:13 am

1)

My name is Sir Lufuuian the Third (IGN: Lufuu)


2)

I would like to join this server due to the fact that I have been searching for a gulliver server as I want to play with my friends. My friend, hurricaneike, had found this for me and I was really excited when this happened. I also had read some of the forum posts and found this one server had a friendly community. There was also the part where I read it was whitelisted so I figured people would only be accepted if their applications were good. I like this because I feel it filters out the bad and more “toxic” people.


3)

I do believe one of my personal traits are that I really like art and I am good at it if you give me enough time. I am semi-experienced in Minecraft things and also building so if someone needed help building a structure i could easily help if they build the frame of it. I feel that my style of humor could be adapted to people so I can amuse. I would also really help when people really need it.


4)

I like fennec foxes because in certain countries you can have them as pets even if it isn’t recommended.
I’m tonedeaf and if you really want I will sing for proof. (HurricaneIke: I will hold this too him, and I will make sure he does it XD)
I like to play a variety of games, going from MOBA’s like League of Legends to FPS games like PayDay 2 (HurricaneIke: BUT NOT HALF LIFE :{ )
I work for the League of Light, which is a series about superheroes helping a city. (Essentially a group of teenagers in spandex and/or something of the same material.)
My last application was denied and it made hurricaneike want to throw up.
5)

12. Please refrain from asking players and Staff non-stop questions that can be constructed as annoying.
I really like this one because most of the people I have met always do this to people when a staff comes on.


6)

Cheese
avatar
Lufuu

Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Hurricaneike123 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:15 am

And if he doesnt get whitelisted, im gonna jump off my balcony in frustraition, cause we spent like 2 hours on it

(Also, Lu will make a balcony to jump off with me)
avatar
Hurricaneike123

Posts : 52
Join date : 2014-10-23
Age : 16
Location : A World Away

RP Character Sheet
Name: Cinder
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/iamhurricaneike/hurricaneike-ahead-of-us

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:01 am

Hurricaneike123 wrote:And if he doesnt get whitelisted, im gonna jump off my balcony in frustraition, cause we spent like 2 hours on it

(Also, Lu will make a balcony to jump off with me)

Jeez Ike, how hard is it to write an application when you've already been here for 1.5 years and have probably seen about a bajillion examples of applications that work?!  We're always a bit harder on friend applications because... typically... friends don't let friends write bad applications.  ><

Anyway, don't ruin your friend's chances of getting accepted by threatening to jump off balconies for something you very clearly could have helped avoid.  We don't take threats, and especially suicide threats, lightly, even if it is meant as a joke.
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 27
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Lufuu on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:49 am

Ciabatta wrote:
Hurricaneike123 wrote:And if he doesnt get whitelisted, im gonna jump off my balcony in frustraition, cause we spent like 2 hours on it

(Also, Lu will make a balcony to jump off with me)

Jeez Ike, how hard is it to write an application when you've already been here for 1.5 years and have probably seen about a bajillion examples of applications that work?!  We're always a bit harder on friend applications because... typically... friends don't let friends write bad applications.  ><

Anyway, don't ruin your friend's chances of getting accepted by threatening to jump off balconies for something you very clearly could have helped avoid.  We don't take threats, and especially suicide threats, lightly, even if it is meant as a joke.


Maybe he has a pool located directly under his balcony and is close enough to not suffer any sort of injuries and he wanted to dive off for a video in frustration and I built a balcony and also had a conveniently located pool right below my balcony as well.
avatar
Lufuu

Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:04 am

Oh sure, like I will be able to extrapolate that from his words.  How silly of me to not know where you guys live.  

Anyway, the main point is that neither him nor you were taking this application seriously enough, and both of you are making a big deal of "frustration".  We don't enlist "frustrated" people as a matter of fact, and we typically don't mind losing "frustrated" people either if they set as a precondition that we MUST accept their friend, or else.  If you want to talk about frustration, imagine MY frustration from two people taking a seemingly simple application process that rewards patience, obedience and attention to detail, and turn it into a dare game on who can piss me off the most and get away with it (and usually in these cases, no one wins).

So if you seriously want to get on and stay on, I would apologize for the tasteless disruption, lose all the frustration talk, and just wait patiently for the application to pass the whitelist, even if it means revising it again.  That way I can be sure you're a quality player who can survive the rigors of this server.
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 27
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Lufuu on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:29 am

And I will do exactly that because you are older than me and probably know what's right for us to do.. Sorry for the tasteless disruption.

And I don't think I mentioned ever being frustrated. If you were referring to the balcony I built, I built that because I wanted one and I also jumped because it's fun and I like water.






Oh by the way do you play any games aside from Minecraft when you have the time or just that?



Edit: I will also try for however long it will take, even if it means I have to hire a tutor to help me in the writing stages of this. I will even make this an essay of necessary
avatar
Lufuu

Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by BurgerWarrior on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:25 am

...Oookay. Disregarding all that due to the apology (even if I get the oddest of feelings it's not as sincere-looking as you may mean it to be...), I'll just get down to checking your application.

And Ike, it's less his ability to write and more his ability to follow directions that was proving problematic...

Lufuu wrote:1)

My name is Sir Lufuuian the Third (IGN: Lufuu)


2)

I would like to join this server due to the fact that I have been searching for a gulliver server as I want to play with my friends. My friend, hurricaneike, had found this for me and I was really excited when this happened. I also had read some of the forum posts and found this one server had a friendly community. There was also the part where I read it was whitelisted so I figured people would only be accepted if their applications were good. I like this because I feel it filters out the bad and more “toxic” people.


3)

I do believe one of my personal traits are that I really like art and I am good at it if you give me enough time. I am semi-experienced in Minecraft things and also building so if someone needed help building a structure i could easily help if they build the frame of it. I feel that my style of humor could be adapted to people so I can amuse. I would also really help when people really need it.


4)

I like fennec foxes because in certain countries you can have them as pets even if it isn’t recommended.
I’m tonedeaf and if you really want I will sing for proof. (HurricaneIke: I will hold this too him, and I will make sure he does it XD)
I like to play a variety of games, going from MOBA’s like League of Legends to FPS games like PayDay 2 (HurricaneIke: BUT NOT HALF LIFE :{ )
I work for the League of Light, which is a series about superheroes helping a city. (Essentially a group of teenagers in spandex and/or something of the same material.)
My last application was denied and it made hurricaneike want to throw up.
5)

12. Please refrain from asking players and Staff non-stop questions that can be constructed as annoying.
I really like this one because most of the people I have met always do this to people when a staff comes on.


6)

Cheese

Anywho, you totally fixed up your reason to join, so that's all good, now. ^^

You also revamped your next answer, which is great. You're style kind of vague on the whole humor thing, but it is sounding better, at least. That, and given Hurricane's been on for a while and hasn't done anything particularly bad, I think I'll trust his judgement in this one small area and let it slide.

You definitely upgraded your random facts, though. Most of them are the proper length, though there are still some complaints I have. First, HurricaneIke's little notes are somewhat annoying and entirely unnecessary in there, for the record. Second, your fourth fact if rather vague. What's the League of Light a series of? Comics? Videos? Roleplays? Short stories? And how do you 'work' for them, exactly? Also, your last fact is entirely centered on HurricaneIke and on his behavior, so it's a complete no-go.

You fixed the quote very well, though, and you even added why you picked it. Awesome ^^

And cheese is still correct.

Overall, you're very close, but no cigar, per se. For the most part your application has become very good, but a couple of your random facts are out of order... and Hurricane Ike should keep his comments to himself, thanks. Also, if you could be a little more specific about your brand of humor, I would appreciate it, but it's not exactly necessary if it's simply to complicated for you to explain.

If you follow my directions (preferably without Ike's help, as this should be very simple to fix, and we want this to be your work so we can judge you, not him), you should be good to go after your next try. Good luck ^^

_________________
-Whitelisting Moderator Extraordinaire.
avatar
BurgerWarrior

Posts : 540
Join date : 2014-01-03
Location : California

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:30 am

Yes, I'm not convinced he's being sincere either, and comes off as a person so full of pride that he is not afraid to challenge and argue with authority (sort of like a Creative or a Grimm). Since he did apologize [conditionally], we'll let it slide and observe his behavior on a go-forward; but if first impressions are important, he really started off on the wrong foot.  >>

_________________
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 27
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Hurricaneike123 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:32 am

I think I should apologise for everything I said.
It was rediculously late at night, my ADHD medication was wearing off, and I really couldnt wait to get him on the server. I never intended the "Jumping of the balcony" to be a threat of suicide. My Balcony is seriously only like 6-8 feet high, so just jumping off would barely injure me, and that could easily be avoided by rolling.

I honestly think I should start paying more attention to what I say, because this is not the only time it has caused serious problems.
avatar
Hurricaneike123

Posts : 52
Join date : 2014-10-23
Age : 16
Location : A World Away

RP Character Sheet
Name: Cinder
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/iamhurricaneike/hurricaneike-ahead-of-us

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:50 am

Thank you Ike, that's a much better explanation of all this and sets me a little more at ease at least as far as you're concerned.  I have had issues with suicidal players in the past, so I'm particularly sensitive about it.

_________________
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3885
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 27
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Lufuu on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:55 am

What's a Creative/ Grimm
avatar
Lufuu

Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum