Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1

+200
Malachi577
awsomesaucedude
Jackholmesnh
StorySaysTruth
stellan11
GigaStorm
helpmepls
tinyelf101
Cirrian
JacobXZY
ultragamer564
Tupr
Kokkey
gymman
Dude1002746
SirMonkeyFood
raffles
Soopuhstar56
acetrainer890
SpeedDoesMC
Tipls
Pikachu
Hydraxous
polybrrr
KirbyDS11
thunderfan115
Brutecrusher
D2Y9E
WPAirsoftB
slobugsy
finnymario
Jagged_
YadJomhur
husseinkhhr
UsernameDeCarlos
Caticus_
HydraWar
BudderCarp101
Canadian2Mohawk
TheCraftJorge
monkeyman
giroro4210
nvm99
Xzinic
FunkiestGrain
legodrew
SPCJames
MuntantCreeper37*
Loganstang
jpattrin040
TwistyPvP
kidpower
Spartain1
Yuquibo
Wefner
ShadowSh4d0w
FrutyLudy69
canaw33d
killer5868
TheEpicKyle
Theros_Warrior
Tilk
CandyDemon
q9c9p
DylaNplus10
Ultrabloxx248
slenderhood223
eogooot
eliteawsome
justinb41702
Flammole
Sebastion
Mcowher01
danielthegreat01
HirodetsuArai
StorySays
emilatte
alex0412
bumblebee104
piston24
RedIronFang
Gemerlx
Trovo22
arnoudje
rolorolo8
nja095
ash02rom
mix787
coacadile
Kirex17
Jams
DrawfKing84
chocolatecheese1
ip_daily2
Shane1470
squirrel246
droman9
Bowser
Keegwi
zendadafu
Night_Lord123
DoctorMudkip
Plume Aurion
buddylulu
bloodyhorse99
M4tchedPl4yer
dav393
furyheroz
wesley4808
jedimastercobra
Chicago?
Trializ
callum1h3
XainEx25
sammarkvoort
axelpang
DocDragon
jcreddog00
Miisaka
minnow14
Gabatoro
brazenhawk
matatorolol
BunnyMan360
Larryflapjack
XxjacobbellxX
tuff_mrabe
mikeythegreat01
minerman421
2W3iRd
epicness2237@ymail.com
infernoold
tgs16
jack0058
flashgnash
zookpeker
NeilGH
kmdell
connorcreeper14
MisterTtocS
bryceio
jibwhee
CAPTKILLRDEAN
slappy0222
wonwoo0621
DaylenWebb
cutesnail5
Soniss
Cykrion
bejago269
CrypticGamma
TheCakeGaming
RasmusXL
Turn999
SuperEll10
Panini_The_Great
VegaDestroyer
dankuso1
PichuBrosFTW
BubbleMongoose
dragon5601
mrpiggy99
Haasman29
invisibledragon
kjshannon
SwimmerMan01
NateTheGreat345
The_Glitch
Kamkut17
iallipekul
dylanj2114
Raided_You
puddy777
dagger3475
Raddaman8000
milipeed
jdvs111
LordBiscuits
Carthoris
Shape_Sea
Ajjget
mrjoebsoto
BreakRoom
snarkel
Camo001
Minoriko
Anatom22
Steelebo
500nicko
mtmagic
pazneria12
Pedzr
TVguy25
squrile
theclaire
BurgerWarrior
IY110
ShadowScale
Ciabatta
jazzymens
204 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 Empty Re: Whitelist Applications - Archive 1

Post by Ciabatta Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:08 am

SirMonkeyFood wrote:Welp, after scouring the interwebs, I daresay I've found the best gulliver server out there, so here i go:

Ign: SirMonkeyFood

Why I Would Like To Join: Well, first Off, Gulliver's Mod is amazing, but it seems to be a multiplayer mod at heart. I'd always had the idea to play with others, but couldn't figure out how, considering I'm on a pretty low budget, and have 0 knowledge in hosting my own modded server. I originally became acquainted with this mod after watching DanTDM's server review on it. I shortly learned how to download it and began playing. I mostly experimented, despite trying to play survival a few times. I never really liked how I had to brew to change size, so the size-changing machines at spawn seem really nifty. Anywho, i then began reading on Mion's post, found out this server exsisted and began writing this application. Right now. Oh dear I've caught up to the present. I liked how your rules were clearly laid out and thorough, you don't really need to wonder if you're doing anything illegal, and I also thought your community sounded nice, and the server seemed to be well setup. 

Talents, Skills, Etc: I've always been addicted to building in minecraft. My friends and I have so far have worked on 4 factions servers, and 3 Prison Servers. Of those, I've always loved building the spawns, shops, and Mines on the Prison Servers. I didn't like how most other prison servers didn't build creatively, they copied and pasted the same mine over and over. Some of my favorite builds I made were on Stressed Prison. I built a mine with a dragon's head busting through the side, and a giant realistic Space Shuttle and building. I think it'd be unique to build with Gulliver's different perspectives, as well as the added difficulty to obtain resources. When i owned my most recent sever, I learned to act with others in a nice and welcoming way. Furthermore, I like helping others, and learning to be a part of the server seems like a fun task, and making friends who actually play gulliver's mod Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 Icon_wink.

Five Random Facts About Me:

1. I Like Turtles. I own three as pets, and one has the capability to eat fingers when full grown.

2. I Listen To Pandora Way Too Much, But I Only Like Old Music, like 60's-80's. 

3. I Have an Impressive Addiction To Breaking Bad. Once I Finish The Series, I Plan To Watch It A Second Time.

4. I have friends over almost once a week, and we either go to a waterpark down the road, go see a movie, or play games on my xbox 360. 

5. My In Game Name Was Supposed To Be A Question In An Answer (MonkeyFood) (Bananas), Which I never really used (Nor learned how to spell Bananas(Thank The Lord For Spell Check)). Later I revived the old name and put a Sir in front of it.

My Favorite Right: 
If Tiny, you have the right to carve a home within Spawnington, its sewers, or its various hovels, so 
long as the outward appearance of the aforementioned structures are not altered. Now That's Just An All Around Legit Idea.

Server Currency:

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 %3Ca%20href=Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 Cheese-gromit_zpsf4d21729" />

Thank You For Any Consideration, Hope To See You Guys On The Server Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 Icon_wink

Hello there, Bananas.
[since that's the stereotypical monkey food]  Razz

I'm back from a very exhausting, emotional-rollercoaster ride week, so it begs the question why I'm reviewing applications to begin with.  The answer is that I need to get back in the groove of things, and what better way to do it than to engage in what I normally do best (which is help review people).  XD

Thankfully, Burger already reviewed you previously, so all I have to do is cover the areas you needed work with last time.

One thing I should note is that the forum wasn't too kind to your formatting... I won't hold it against you, but do try to clean it up next time.  Smile

QUESTION 2:  Pretty much the same as before (which is good), but thank you for the kind words about our server.  Do bear in mind we don't technically have "rules", but rather specifically "rights" and "responsibilities", with the intent being to offset the enforcement of the server's code of conduct mainly onto the players rather than the staff. After all, rules are meant to be broken, but people are generally more careful when upholding something is their own responsibility.  ^^

QUESTION 3:  Also the same as before, with the added input on how you plan to apply this teamwork knowledge on our server.  It's a bit broad, but as I stated in the instructions that's understandable if you're not altogether used to the mod.  Just bear in mind that until we get to know you better, it's best that you try to experience the server on your own for a while so you can be sure this place meets your expectations.  Other players have mistakenly tried to shoehorn their friends into the server very early on, only to get bored and collectively leave without so much as a peep -- this equates to a waste of time for us, which is why we make sure new players gain at least a Veteran rank before letting in their buddies.  Wink

QUESTION 4:  Ah, much better meaty sentences.  ^^
a)  YIKES!  I saw a HUGE alligator snapping turtle on Friday, so I can imagine this being possible. ^^;
b)  Yeah!  Now THAT's what I call good tastes!  Hit it...!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebSYPnllFx8 Happy Cia
c)  I've never watched the series, but hear it mentioned about 50,000 times a day.  >v>
d)  Oh nice!  I like players who are very sociable IRL.  That makes you more likely to be a well-rounded individual. ^^
e)  Haha! So I guess I nailed it earlier. :3

QUESTION 5:  Aye.  This is an old rule, back when Spawnington was really the only developed "public" land.  There are more, including the Cheese Quest House and Monster Island, where players can "intrude" into other living spaces without asking and set up home (though doing that on Monster Island is a death wish).  But this is of course in reference to public lands -- as Burger pointed out, private lands and houses are a bit more tenuous, especially with 8x ones.  If you're not sure, ask.  Smile

QUESTION 6:  Yay!  Wallace and Gromit!  XD

VERDICT:  Thanks to the completeness of your answers and your patience while we were experiencing a very unorthodox week, I have to say that you pass with flying colours!  I like what I see, and I'd like to expect great things from you;  I hope you'll enjoy your time here just as much as I hope we'll enjoy our having you here!  Welcome aboard.  Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 Empty Re: Whitelist Applications - Archive 1

Post by Ciabatta Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:31 am

Tupr wrote:IGN: Tupr

Id like to join the server because how unique the server and the people in it look. I've seen other people's server's, but I feel like they are a bit dull and undeveloped. Id also like to explore the world of Gulliver's with others that want too as well. The community populating it look pretty smart. I've played Gulliver's solo but no server experience. Compared to the other servers, this one was much better in image, community and a beautiful world.

In Terms of knowledge, I know a good bit of minecraft, am a algebra wiz more than a grammar nut, and prefer quiet reflection rather more than loud observations when it comes to learning things. I'm a guy that prefers to keep to them self but am more than willing to talk to someone that understands me. Maybe that is a downfall but i feel it lets me trust certain people a lot better. I'm new to redstone but know all the basics to it. While I am quiet, I love helping people when i can, and will still try when i cant. I feel I'm alright in building, im certainly no professional. Not the best gaming computer but it certainly gets the job done. 14 is my age but people say im much more mature for my age. I always try to attempt to understand someone before i judge them. I understand we can sometimes make bad decisions from emotion.

1.I'm 14 year old a guy living in California that had a year of drama. Very wacky sometimes as result.
2.Amazing affinity for animals. Would own 1 of every animal if i could.
3.Very stubborn with EVERYTHING. Ill try to finish something until its physically impossible to do.
4.Id love to learn how to draw and paint but haven't found a good art style id like to draw in. Prefer Animal drawings and read a good amount of comics..
5.In off time, i reflect on my day alone cause i believe no one else can understand you better than yourself.

My favorite right is
You have the right to take the contents of any chest predesignated as a Donation Bin, such as the
Spawnington Villager Church donation bins at the global spawn point. Its a nice rule to share what you got with those who need it.

And of course the server's currency is the tasty Chesse Cheese  I hope you'll consider me.  Very Happy

Hello Tupr.
Any relation to the containers?  Smile

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 Ptupperware-square-gift-set-aisyahnawawi-1302-12-AisyahNawawi@3

Anyway, I typically don't do reviews, but a I enjoy keeping things moving along at a good pace, I'll take care of you this evening.  It's also a way for me to help get back into the swing of things... I've been deprieved from reviewing for too long.  XD

QUESTION 2;  Why thank you, that's a good deal of praise.  Smile
Granted we do expend a lot of energy trying to make the server as above-average as possible, but bear in mind that nothing is perfect... especially in Minecraft and MOST especially in Gulliver.  Many of our players are indeed very smart and talented... others may not be, but are still nice or at least harmless bumpkins.  You'll find a little bit of everything, smart and silly, young and old, boy and girl, big and small... even within the confines of our code of conduct, we still have a great mix of personalities, IMHO.  ^^

QUESTION 3:  Very lovely answer; while history has not been kind with the representation of other 14 year olds, I do recognize that people CAN and sometimes DO mature early, or at least are a lot less reckless, impulsive and immature than some of the other little rascals that have tried to stir up trouble.  Even some members of my staff are very young themselves, but are still mature enough to be personally-responsible for the safety of our server (or at least do as I tell them).  :3
Quiet but not TOO quiet is ideal, and so long as you can keep yourself entertained when the server is quiet or empty (which can be often now that the school year is about to start for many), you will be a valuable player.  ^^

QUESTION 4:  
a) haha, hope that's theater drama and not "llama drama". Smile 
b) hehe, somehow I would find it challenging to own a lamprey, an orca and a nematode.  Sponges would make great "animals" to own since they don't go anywhere.  Razz
c) Mmmm, that's a bit of 14-yr old in ya, but you'll mellow out once you realize that physically-impossible things become exponentially-more plentiful as time goes on.  Always remember to "work smarter, not harder".  Wink
d) Ah, our grand owner Cayfie could help... she excels at both vector style and a glorious hand-drawn style for animals... http://cayfie.deviantart.com/
e) And very correct and very true, though never underestimate the power of a different perspective.  There are times when something "unique" trumps something "better".  ^^

QUESTION 5:  aha!  Great choice, I hardly see anyone pick this one, even though it's so easy and unassuming.  Smile
This is also an old Right,... since then we've also made the Landfill (my sort-of home), where we generally dump all sorts of stuff in order to make a giant mountain of trash.  If you're not above a little dumpster diving, you can find all sorts of amazing blocks and cheese interspersed amidst the garbage.  Very Happy

QUESTION 6:  And correct!  ^^

VERDICT:  Marvelous job!  What a way to welcome me back, now THIS is what I'm talking about when I want people to write good apps.
If they're well-written from the get-go, we don't have to play whitelist ping-pong, 20 questions, and all sorts of other back and forth that's mutually-annoying to whitelisters and whitelistees alike!

I can't welcome you fast enough.  Happy Cia
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ciabatta Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:29 am

Yeah, I don't think you read or understood anything. But hey, at least you gave it a shot -- we're a bit more challenging to get whitelisted in than your average Minecraft server, so don't get discouraged in trying out someplace else. Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:25 am

We don't know that, and we can't take your word for it.  The only minimal-level of proof we can accept is a properly-written application that follows all the instructions,  and demonstrates to us that you invested the time (and expressed enough interest in our server) to learn our ways and make our job of reviewing your application easy and enjoyable.

Otherwise, you're asking us to invite trouble we're not looking for... not with 270 registered users to monitor.   Wink
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:11 pm

Yeah ultra, with that emoticon spam and attitude, thats why we are not accepting you, id have thought it was obvious.

Anyways, you are now banned from the forum, have a nice day.
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:32 pm

The irony is that I did "except" him from the server.  Someone is in dire need of a good dictionary.  Wink

Anyway, just because people do server videos on Youtube doesn't mean they get automatically whitelisted or something.  Getting the message far and wide, to as many people as possible, is not our perogative despite the fact that most attention-seeking Minecraft servers want that.

Instead, we're like like a good smoke job... low and slow.  We rather take our time attracting high-quality players, then shoo away a torrent of really bad applicants.

[oh yeah, and we definitely don't take kindly to threats or attempted blackmail either... that's a surefire way of getting kicked out]
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by gymman Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:18 am

1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
gymman

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
I would like to join this server because I can't find any other Gulliver Mod servers and I would like to maybe make some new friends. Smile I also watched your video, and I think the server looks great! So I hope my app gets accepted (and that I don't accidently hit backspace again when writing...) so I can play with you guys! Smile

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
I'm nice to others, and I'm good at building. Also I will do all I can to make the server better for everyone. And if someone is griefing I will try to make him stop and tell the admins. I'm also good with redstone, and everytime I work with redstone It's hard to stop. Also I'm good at hiding redstone. I don't often work with others while building but most of the time I do, it becomes a majestic mansion. Or half of it is made of Quartz and the other part of Oak wood. (Which I don't use often when building mansions. So yeah. That's it for this part of the app. I have been griefing before. But I have already quit griefing (and hacking). So I know you can't easily trust me even though I've been a griefer before, but you'll see that I won't grief anything. So please just give me a chance to show it. Also away from Minecraft now. I've lived in Bergen before until I moved to a new place. (Secret) I like art, and also I don't like bees. I play alot of CHESS, and I'm pretty good at it, also I heard there's a chess board on the server.  Very Happy  Also I began at school a year later than we normally do. So I'll see you ingame!   x3  (maybe)

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
 Minecraft Sponge  I live in Norway and I have a big panic of bees.  Razz 
 Minecraft Sponge  I like a few types of cheese like reg cheese and cheese doodles Very Happy
 Minecraft Sponge  I'm 14 years old, and I've lived in Bergen. (not specifying new location)
 Minecraft Sponge  I'm have 2 brothers, 1 of them are 5 years old, the other is 3 years old.
 Minecraft Sponge  I'm a Youtuber that try to do all aspects of Minecraft. (Stopped with the griefing because that's the worst thing someone could do in Minecraft)

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
20.Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­back, exhilarating, appreciative and
fun. I chose this because I think it's one of the most important rules.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
 Cheese Cheese! Cheese

Please note that I have edited the app a bit from last time. <3

VIDEO. Very Happy

Last edited by gymman on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:54 am; edited 3 times in total
gymman
gymman

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 36 Empty My Application For Gulliver Server

Post by JacobXZY Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:04 pm

1) JacobXZY

2) I want to join the server to have fun and help people and If i like it and I think they will love it tell them about it .I've seen videos of the server and it looks cool .So i thought i would try to join maybe even make some new friends and theres not really any other gulliver servers to so i would love to join this one  Very Happy .

3) Well i would love to make a lot of new friends and i can help make stuff and fix stuff i can be a little shy sometimes but if someone asks me to help i always love to help im really positive and happy most of the time and i try not to be sad or mad Very Happy . I could build things to and if theres a server problem i could try Surprised  to fix it but im really not to good with computers  Embarassed .

4) -Ever since I was a kid i have loved Nintendo and its games and I still love them I prefer more childish games over like call of duty and stuff but shooters aren't to bad i have played Kid Icarus Uprising and I want to play Splatoon if you have heard of it.

-About a year ago i found out one of my highschool best friends was a brony so i thought i would try it out and its really cool #FriendshipIsMagic.

-I love friends and friendship I love you friends are really cool and fun  to be around i'm kind of a people pleaser so I make a lot of friends easily and I love my friends how they are and they love me the exact same way back.

-I am kind of good in school I love learning actually my life goal is to become a teacher I love learning new things and I can teach people new things Smile so I try to keep my grades in the A and B section.

-I'm really nice to almost everyone I have never griefed nor thought about ever griefing this is how I see griefing someone builds something awesome and a person sees it and knows they cant do something that good so they go and mess it up out of jelousy, thats not how I roll jelousy isnt my thing
but if i see someone has been griefed I always ask if they need help cleaning up cause whats broken can be fixed and must be fixed.

5) Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­back, exhilarating, appreciative and 
fun.

6) Cheese lol i'm a dummy Embarassed

Last edited by JacobXZY on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:47 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : re-editting 4 one more time and [part of 2)

JacobXZY

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobXZY Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:09 pm

6) Oh i found the currency lol sorry its cheese i was looking through the guide again and found it.

JacobXZY

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:41 am

Welcome back again Gym, and hello Jacob.

This was a Friday, so most of my reviewers were away partying-hardy, as was I.  Smile

Anyway, hopefully they'll get to your applications some time tomorrow, and if not I'll give them a go. ^^

While you wait, please consider improving your Question 4's, as already I can see they're both seriously lacking (Gym's random facts are too short, and Jacob's too short and not bulleted).  If you don't, it will likely daily things further.  Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobXZY Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:55 pm

thanks a lot Ciabatta  Very Happy 

JacobXZY

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:03 pm

JacobXZY wrote:thanks a lot Ciabatta  Very Happy 

Cool cool.  And just in the nick of time. 

Since my staff can't get to this yet, I was just about to go in and yell at you; but if you plan to revise your app per my instructions, I'll give you some time to do so.  Remember to carefully read the instructions on the other questions, so you know you're doing it right.  Smile

Oh, and if you like ze poniez....  PFUDOR
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobXZY Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:14 pm

give me a few more minutes i thought i edited it and sent it but didnt send i will do it again

JacobXZY

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobXZY Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:45 pm

I fixed it im sorry it took forever this darn compuper Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

JacobXZY

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:37 pm

gymman wrote:1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
gymman

I would like to join this server because I can't find any other Gulliver Mod servers and I would like to maybe make some new friends. Smile I also watched your video, and I think the server looks great! So I hope my app gets accepted (and that I don't accidently hit backspace again when writing...) so I can play with you guys! Smile

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
I'm nice to others, and I'm good at building. Also I will do all I can to make the server better for everyone. And if someone is griefing I will try to make him stop and tell the admins. I'm also good with redstone, and everytime I work with redstone It's hard to stop. Also I'm good at hiding redstone. I don't often work with others while building but most of the time I do, it becomes a majestic mansion. Or half of it is made of Quartz and the other part of Oak wood. (Which I don't use often when building mansions. So yeah. That's it for this part of the app. I have been griefing before. But I have already quit griefing (and hacking). So I know you can't easily trust me even though I've been a griefer before, but you'll see that I won't grief anything. So please just give me a chance to show it. Also away from Minecraft now. I've lived in Bergen before until I moved to a new place. (Secret) I like art, and also I don't like bees. I play alot of CHESS, and I'm pretty good at it, also I heard there's a chess board on the server.  Very Happy  Also I began at school a year later than we normally do. So I'll see you ingame!   x3  (maybe)

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
 Minecraft Sponge  I like a few types of cheese like reg cheese and cheese doodles Very Happy
 Minecraft Sponge  I'm 14 years old, and I've lived in Bergen. (not specifying new location)
 Minecraft Sponge  I'm have 2 brothers, 1 of them are 5 years old, the other is 3 years old.
 Minecraft Sponge  I'm a Youtuber that try to do all aspects of Minecraft. (Stopped with the griefing because that's the worst thing someone could do in Minecraft)

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
20.Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­back, exhilarating, appreciative and

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
 Cheese Cheese! Cheese

VIDEO. Very Happy

Hello Gym,
Burger can't return to take care of your application, so I'll have a stab at it.  I already reviewed your earlier application and Burger's feedback on it, and I can already see that your latest application has some good improvements over the original.  You even took my advice and expanded on the Question 4 facts -- the fact that you took my advice is already well-noted, on top of solidifying the value of your responses.  

However, we still need to take a deep dive, especially considering your history.  Wink

QUESTION #2:  hehe, well it barely makes the word limit by cheating (adding the stuff in paranthesis), and you still decide to come here because it's the "only Gulliver Mod server".  But you're at least a step up above other applicants who say this since you do mention the server video... although whether you admired this or simply were looking for potential targets is still a different story.

QUESTION #3:  The extensive detail on building techniques excites me, as I like when people consider building with something other than wood planks and cobble (how boring).  XD
I can see why there was suspicion earlier since you do admit you used to be a griefer, and well your Youtube channel reports griefing as early as a few weeks ago -- your decision to give up wasn't till yesterday.  By all accounts, you originally applied to the server when you were still "decorating" other people's servers, so I have to assume that if we weren't as vigilant last week, we could easily have been your next victims.

QUESTION #4:  Very good job of taking my advice.  
a> Ah, didn't imagine there were that many bees in Norway, must be cold-tolerant ones. ^^
b> haha, well cheese doodles aren't cheese, they're junk. Razz
But it's good to have a passion for cheese, I eat them regularly as well.  With regard to health, the harder the cheese, the healthier. ^^
c> Ah, yeah we don't need you to splurge out a whole bunch of personal details, just broad general ones will do.
d> Awww, that must be cute to have little ones to look after.  :3
e> Yep, like I said... you stopped griefing yesterday.  Wink

QUESTION #5:  Aye, it is pretty much our core rule, and we do anything to maintain peace on our server, even if it means being overly-strict here.

QUESTION #6:  And correct.

VERDICT:  Hmmm, well we have a bit of a problem.  Your app, for all intents and purposes, is pretty solid; so from a purely technical standpoint, you should be good enough to whitelist.  The problem is that from a purely emotional standpoint, I don't trust you at all, and I'm not convinced you have stopped griefing given what I mentioned earlier.  The video could have easily been crafted in response to Burger's own distrust about your griefing -- moreover, I find it rather ironic that even in your own anti-grief video, you end up,... well,... griefing your own stuff.

It was a clever attempt, and I appreciate that you would invest so much time and energy to try to crack this nut that is our server in a likely attempt to wreck it -- in a way, I find it very flattering.  It also proves my point that our whitelist application is not entirely foolproof -- sooner or later, some ambitious goon (or Hannibel Lecter type) would try to sweet talk his way into our server, and maybe succeed in disrupting the peace or gloating about it in some crazy griefer video.  This is the risk we take every day in what we do, which is why we have to embrace instinct more than we do technicalities.  If something doesn't pass the smell test, we're perfectly within our right to act on it.

And if it's wrong, so be it -- I won't hold it against anyone in my staff (or myself) to be callous and rude to applicants we don't trust, so long as it's in the defense of our digital homes, and the players we serve and protect.

Thanks again for trying, better luck elsewhere.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:13 am

JacobXZY wrote:1) JacobXZY

2) I want to join the server to have fun and help people maybe i want to play with my friends to if they make a application ive seen videos of the server and it looks cool .So i thought i would try to join maybe even make some new friends and theres not really any other gulliver servers to so i would love to join this one  Very Happy .

3) Well i would love to make a lot of new friends and i can help make stuff and fix stuff i can be a little shy sometimes but if someone asks me to help i always love to help im really positive and happy most of the time and i try not to be sad or mad Very Happy . I could build things to and if theres a server problem i could try Surprised  to fix it but im really not to good with computers  Embarassed .

4) Ever since I was a kid i have loved Nintendo and its games and I still love them I prefer more childish games over like call of duty and stuff but shooters aren't to bad i have played Kid Icarus Uprising and I want to play Splatoon if you have heard of it, About a year ago i found out one of my highschool best friends was a brony so i thought i would try it out and its really cool #FriendshipIsMagic , I love friends and friendship I love you friends are really cool and fun  to be around i'm kind of a people pleaser so I make a lot of friends easily and I love my friends how they are and they love me the exact same way back I consider all my friends family  Laughing  Embarassed  Very Happy, I am kind of good in school I love learning actually my life goal is to become a teacher I love learning new things and I can teach people new things Smile so I try to keep my grades in the A and B section , i'm really nice to about everyone ( at least I try to be ) its so i can make new friends and by making more friends I can make even more friends Smile YAY!. (If Ciabatta reads this I would love to be your friend too, you seem really cool  Very Happy )

5) Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­back, exhilarating, appreciative and 
fun.

6) Cheese lol i'm a dummy Embarassed 
Hello Jacob. ^^

Well thanks for trying to fix Question #4, although you forgot the part about bulleting out your facts.  As it stands now, it looks like one ginormous jumbled paragraph rather than a neat, easy-to-read list of items. But no matter, we'll see how the rest of this pans out, and if you need more things to fix, it's better that you see it in one go.  ^^

QUESTION #2:  Well admittedly since you're a brony, you're no doubt imbued with the "spirit of friendship", and see friends or potential friends in just about everything.  But even the show is responsible-enough to illustrate that you can't be friends with everyone (lest we forget Flim and Flam, or the changeling horde).  And that's some advice you should definintely heed to avoid putting yourself into a position where you'll get hurt emotionally.  Main reason you're here is because you're interested in Gulliver and thought our video was nice... don't expect anything more as we may not have it (although that's not to say you can't eventually make online acquaintences on this server, yes).  Also, I would refrain from having your other friends come over right away, as we generally prefer new users test drive the server first before they start bringing in more people -- that way if they don't like it, they won't leave and take all their buddies with them, and thus waste all our time reviewing them.

QUESTION #3:  Yep, you're a brony alright.  All you need is to insert that silly "love and tolerance" catch-phrase somewhere, and you'd fit the part. [the other irony is that the show itself never ever uses that phrase]  XD
So long as you're happy and positive and won't get into trouble, I think that should suffice -- I generally wouldn't ask you to fix anything on the server, we have a whole staff dedicated to doing that (assuming I can't do it myself, of course).  Wink

QUESITON #4:  yep, this is pretty hard to read. XD
a > okay, so I think this has something to do with Nintendo... I own an NES (the dogbone variety), and a Wii, but that's the extent of my knowledge with it.
b > I think I will nickname you Pinkie Pie, even though she's one of my least favorite characters.  I'm more of a Twilight Sparkle and Applejack person -- practical, realistic, and no-nonsense.  In any event, I recommend you check out my Owner's creed to read my thoughts on the notion of friendship.  Razz
c > I think this is about... becoming a teacher?  Well if you do, make sure to be a good one... I just had awful teachers in an awful school.  
d > Something about keeping up grades?  I would hope that's the case, I don't want your grades to drop because of this server. XD
e > yep, definitely Pinkie Pie.  Even she tends to confuse acquaintences for friends quite a lot, and sometimes that gets her in trouble (Cranky Doodle is a good example, and although that episode cops out a little, at least it does teach Pinkie not to overdo it with the whole OMG FRIENDS EVERYWHERE thing). Also, this is kind of a repeat of B, so I wont count it.
f > Err,... this seems to be an extra, perhaps?  Well as far as becoming my friend, well you can certainly hope, but don't expect it right away.  My friendship doesn't come cheap, as 150 people on this server will attest to.  Wink

QUESTION #5:  ah, one of my favorite quotes, especially since it's so selfless. ^^

QUESTION #6:  hehe, almost, but at least you got it right this time.  Smile

VERDICT:  The friend-obsession may be a problem early on, especially since half our player base hates MLP with a passion -- so don't go in with friendship cannon fire ablazing, as there's a chance you'll be sad and disappointed faster than you can say "Pinkamena Diane Pie".  Also your Question #4 missed half my advice, so I'm left to imagine that you're perhaps not the best at listening to instructions.

So although the application is almost whitelistable, I'll hold to see if you're ready and willing to clean up and list out your question #4, and maybe tone down some of the excessive friendship talk.  If you can do that, then you can join.  Wink
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobXZY Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:12 am

Ok thank you very much for your time i will try to fix 4 tonight and come back tommorow

JacobXZY

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobXZY Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:45 am

Ok I tried fixing it one last time and I am really sorry for all the trouble this is my first application in the history of ever. Lol thx for your time again . Very Happy Smile Surprised Cool Laughing Razz Wink Exclamation What a Face I love you cyclops pirat tongue santa afro lol! Giant Hugs 

JacobXZY

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirrian Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:21 am

1.) My Name Is Cirrian

2.) I Saw the trailer and thought this looks amazing, so I would love to join the server and its lonely being the only giant in a realm of giants
tooo many tinies
Anyway I would love to join and meet many new people
And help with ideas
AND i love cheese ^-^

3.)I would probably try and stop greifers the moment i see them
When someone is bored or sad i would cheer them up by asking them to play games and we'll both find something to do
Thats also what i love doing in other servers
So i hope i can make your server extremely happy by being funny and fun to be around

4.) -I've Always been the good guy in my life
    -I stay up late completing projects
    -I Love to be a Great and hilarious guy
    -I love helping people build
    -And I play lots of  RPG games like skyrim and fallout

5.) i Will follow this Responsibility
Please avoid breaking rules of conduct on our official server forum, as bad behaviour in that
external site could lead to punitive action on our server.

6.) The official currency is "Cheese"

Last edited by Cirrian on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Cirrian
Cirrian

RP Character Sheet
Name: Tritan
Personality Trait: Aggressive
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by gymman Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:57 am

Ciabatta wrote:
gymman wrote:1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
gymman

Cheese Cheese! Cheese

VIDEO. Very Happy

Hello Gym,
Burger can't return to take care of your application, so I'll have a stab at it.  I already reviewed your earlier application and Burger's feedback on it, and I can already see that your latest application has some good improvements over the original.  You even took my advice and expanded on the Question 4 facts -- the fact that you took my advice is already well-noted, on top of solidifying the value of your responses.  

However, we still need to take a deep dive, especially considering your history.  Wink

QUESTION #2:  hehe, well it barely makes the word limit by cheating (adding the stuff in paranthesis), and you still decide to come here because it's the "only Gulliver Mod server".  But you're at least a step up above other applicants who say this since you do mention the server video... although whether you admired this or simply were looking for potential targets is still a different story.

QUESTION #3:  The extensive detail on building techniques excites me, as I like when people consider building with something other than wood planks and cobble (how boring).  XD
I can see why there was suspicion earlier since you do admit you used to be a griefer, and well your Youtube channel reports griefing as early as a few weeks ago -- your decision to give up wasn't till yesterday.  By all accounts, you originally applied to the server when you were still "decorating" other people's servers, so I have to assume that if we weren't as vigilant last week, we could easily have been your next victims.

QUESTION #4:  Very good job of taking my advice.  
a> Ah, didn't imagine there were that many bees in Norway, must be cold-tolerant ones. ^^
b> haha, well cheese doodles aren't cheese, they're junk. Razz
But it's good to have a passion for cheese, I eat them regularly as well.  With regard to health, the harder the cheese, the healthier. ^^
c> Ah, yeah we don't need you to splurge out a whole bunch of personal details, just broad general ones will do.
d> Awww, that must be cute to have little ones to look after.  :3
e> Yep, like I said... you stopped griefing yesterday.  Wink

QUESTION #5:  Aye, it is pretty much our core rule, and we do anything to maintain peace on our server, even if it means being overly-strict here.

QUESTION #6:  And correct.

VERDICT:  Hmmm, well we have a bit of a problem.  Your app, for all intents and purposes, is pretty solid; so from a purely technical standpoint, you should be good enough to whitelist.  The problem is that from a purely emotional standpoint, I don't trust you at all, and I'm not convinced you have stopped griefing given what I mentioned earlier.  The video could have easily been crafted in response to Burger's own distrust about your griefing -- moreover, I find it rather ironic that even in your own anti-grief video, you end up,... well,... griefing your own stuff.

It was a clever attempt, and I appreciate that you would invest so much time and energy to try to crack this nut that is our server in a likely attempt to wreck it -- in a way, I find it very flattering.  It also proves my point that our whitelist application is not entirely foolproof -- sooner or later, some ambitious goon (or Hannibel Lecter type) would try to sweet talk his way into our server, and maybe succeed in disrupting the peace or gloating about it in some crazy griefer video.  This is the risk we take every day in what we do, which is why we have to embrace instinct more than we do technicalities.  If something doesn't pass the smell test, we're perfectly within our right to act on it.

And if it's wrong, so be it -- I won't hold it against anyone in my staff (or myself) to be callous and rude to applicants we don't trust, so long as it's in the defense of our digital homes, and the players we serve and protect.

Thanks again for trying, better luck elsewhere.

Just to make it clear, the last griefing video was a LONG time ago, and at the end I was showing the inside of the machine. (I've begun a bit with redstone vids) And I don't really liked griefing the time I did it, why not just give me less permissions for a time and atleast give me a chance?
gymman
gymman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next