Baby Cousin Server!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Baby Cousin Server!

Post by Raddaman8000 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Hello, this is Raddaman8000, and I'm here to announce the opening of a new micro-server for the Big Sister chain!  I call it the Baby Cousin server.  It's a small, home-run, semi-private server that I plan to record YouTube videos on with my friends from Big Sister.

Things to know:

• It is home-run and home-managed, so it will not be open very often.
  • It is mainly for recording YouTube videos.
  • I will occasionally find adventure maps compatible with Gulliver, and may use them on the server during a video.  The normal map will be saved before this occurs.
  • If you wish to be featured in a video, and not just a background character, friend me on Steam or Skype so that voice chat is possible.  It's hard to "feature" a guest if their words get lost in the ocean that is chat. Razz
  • You will need a whitelist to join, and it will be fairly restricted while the server is still in its infancy. (No pun intended)
  • Helpful tip for first time joiners: Follow the glowstone brick road to the little green tent.  This will lead you to the true spawn.
  • The official spawn village/temple is not legal to build in, however there is a tp to another village that is desparate for expansion.
  • I plan on adding Forge Essentials and Little Blocks support soon.  Emphasis on soon.

NO, I will not uprank any players besides myself and the current Big Sister staff team.  (This is also mentioned in the server help center, actually.)  And even the staff team is sort of limited, due to only the owners and moderators being permanently opped.  By this I mean that commissioners can also be opped, but they need to request being opped once on the server.  Deputies will not be able to obtain this temporary op, but can request for items and commands freely, resulting in a pseudo op.  And yes, I am putting those procedures into "server law," as one might call it.  My reasoning for this is simply because of the impossibility at the current time for secified op levels for different ranks, since my server has no ranks at all.

Whitelist apps will be in a different forum, this one is simply to announce the Baby Cousin server.

I will start recording there after my Terraria series is finished being edited.  Until then, no events will be recorded on the server.

IP: raddaserver.mooo.com

YouTube: Raddaman8000
My Channel!:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk7oFf9M_C6v2MB22gCbDBg
(Subscribe early to catch the Baby Cousin videos before any of the other slowpokes!)

Last edited by Raddaman8000 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Raddaman8000

RP Character Sheet
Name: Alex
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Baby Cousin Server!

Post by Ciabatta on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Raddaserver Mooooooo~!  Cute. ^^

Anyway, thanks for setting this up amd letting me know, I'm glad we have another resource available for alternative play besides just Little Brother.  Once you're all set up, see if you can post a schedule of times you're planning to have your server operating.  Smile

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raddaman8000 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:34 pm

Being a home-run server, and taking into account my not-MC activities, I can't really say specific times for when the server will be up... the best thing to do would be to add it in your server list and hope that its online at the time you wanna play. Asking me to start it over Skype or Steam also works. Wink
Raddaman8000

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raddaman8000 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:16 am

Good news: to celebrate the official opening of the server, I decided to have Baby Cousin run all day today. That means if you wanted to come see what it's like, feel free to join! Very Happy Just make sure you get whitelisted. Razz
Raddaman8000

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raddaman8000 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:19 am

I decided to keep it on all day again today, being a weekend and all. Very Happy But I am going to be focusing on my homework a lot more today, so I will be on much less often today. Have fun!
Raddaman8000

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raddaman8000 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:57 pm

New issue I've found: The server has a problem with cutting the stream off often, so it is very easy to get continuously kicked... this might have to do with running it from home. Neutral
However, it doesn't seem to occur when im on the server myself... so it shouldn't affect any of my video ideas. I think.
Raddaman8000

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raddaman8000 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Ok, I think my internet is not happy with having a server on all day. scratch So don't expect the server to be open as often as it was this weekend. Neutral
Raddaman8000

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raddaman8000 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:44 am

Well, I have bad news and good news.  The bad news is kind of obvious: the server has been up extremely rarely recently, due to irl issues and my inability to get a 3rd party host.
:Drowning:

The "good" news is that I will ATTEMPT to have the server up more often in the coming months, but this is only a hope. Neutral  I think that once summer rolls around, the server will be open MUCH more often due to, well, more free time.  So really, you still have to just hope for the server to be online when you want to get on, or request for me to boot it up.  For now.
(I think. scratch )

Due to the lack of online time / people on at those rare times when it IS online, I also still have not gotten around to recording any videos on the server.  Again, once this thing starts running a little more often, I'll have more chances to record videos with you guys who said you wanted to be in videos. Razz

And one more thing before anybody asks me: NO, I will not uprank any players besides myself and the current Big Sister staff team.  (This is also mentioned in the server help center, actually.)  And even the staff team is sort of limited, due to only the owners and moderators being permanently opped.  By this I mean that commissioners can also be opped, but they need to request being opped once on the server.  Deputies will not be able to obtain this temporary op, but can request for items and commands freely, resulting in a pseudo op.  And yes, I am putting those procedures into "server law," as one might call it.  My reasoning for this is simply because of the impossibility at the current time for secified op levels for different ranks, since my server has no ranks at all.
Sleeping Pikachu

Hopefully this update gets to you guys... maybe I should ask Cia to make this thread sticky ( Wink Wink Wink ).  Anyway, just letting you know that Baby Cousin isn't gone quite yet. Razz
Raddaman8000

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:54 am

And Stickified!  ^^

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raddaman8000 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:41 am

Big news! Just east of the second spawn village, there is now an imported Glasgrow house for rp purposes! There have been quite a few personal touches added to the house as well, so there are a few new secrets to check out. Razz The only bad news is that I was unable to import the basement, so that area has been blocked off. Also, being purely for rp, it is not available as a living space. I could only import one of these things, otherwise the whole server would just be Glasgrow. Just letting you guys know. Anyway, enjoy this new location on the Baby Cousin server!
Raddaman8000

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:58 am

Woohoo! You're getting good with MCedit.  ^^

But how come the basement couldn't get imported? D:

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raddaman8000 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:45 pm

Because I'm not that good with MCEdit. When I did try getting the basement, it was on a massive stone pillar that just looked... ugly. So I decided to skip the basement. It's also a little too late for me to reimport it at this point. Neutral
Raddaman8000

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down