Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Another Rank EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Another Rank EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Another Rank EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Another Rank EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Another Rank EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Another Rank EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Another Rank EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Another Rank EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Another Rank EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Another Rank

3 posters

Go down

Do you think there should be a rank greater than Veteran but lesser than Deputy?

Another Rank Vote_lcap50%Another Rank Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Another Rank Vote_lcap38%Another Rank Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Another Rank Vote_lcap0%Another Rank Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Another Rank Vote_lcap12%Another Rank Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Another Rank Empty Another Rank

Post by Iceman13590 Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:21 am

To whom it may concern,

I have been pondering for a while over whether it would be possible to have another rank in between Veteran and Deputy. The way it is (or at least is viewed) is that Veteran is the highest REGULAR PLAYER rank that a Big Sister player may be promoted to, without being a part of staff. I think that another rank is not necessary but a good recommendation because it helps show that a player has been around a long time, or has shown discipline, respect, and to some extent honour, but was not/is not/has not, been needed as a deputy. Here are some ideas for the things someone could earn at this rank.

Buffs (maybe a level 1 permanent buff):
-Speed 1
-Resistance 1
-Jump Boost 1
-Night Vision 1

Commands:
-/sethome2
-/AFK

Requirements (Minimum of 2):
-Several Months of Server Activity
-Several Honourable Acts
-Major Contribution to Server (Creation of a Town, Creation of Roads, Creation of Major Building in Spawn)
-Very Few-No Infractions

These are just some possible ideas. I hope you take this into consideration.

~Iceman13590

P.S. The creation of this thread was not in any way to appear greater, wiser, or more powerful than before, nor to bother the staff. I was just getting an idea out there. The poll is to show if others share my view.

Iceman13590
Iceman13590

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Another Rank Empty Re: Another Rank

Post by Ciabatta Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:38 pm

Lol, only you, Ice. XD

In fairness, there was a time in which I had been pondering the creation of an "Elite" rank, which wouldn't honour so much time on this server (kinda pointless since eventually EVERYONE would become Elite, just like EVERYONE now becomes Veteran) as rather good character.  After all, we have lots of players who have been here forever or who are great builders, but have (or had) he moral aptitude of a cactus spike and really didn't need any further ego inflating.  :/

Eventually the idea was shelved and converted into what used to be the Deputy class, which long-time players will remember wasn't particularly very powerful.  Most of Captain and Ee's (our first Deputies) whining about their rank was that it was essentially a Veteran status, but with one more TP option and the ability to toggle rain on and off.  Really what they wanted was those higher ranks and their creative mode, or just the ability to feel powerful and self-important, and so the Deputy class was seen at the time as more of a tease rather than a true symbol of might.  

Eventually, as the requirements for a Deputy rank were tightened, so too were the powers, but this was only after a couple of bad apples demonstrated what happens when the wrong people feel more important than others.  

Admittedly, there are still some people who have been around for a long time and are good people (and not pushy or annoying), but are simply not staff material, either by choice or by simple reality.  Being staff is not a reward, it's a responsibility after all.  But should I reward them with their own unique rank, however, it may set the wrong precedent of favoritism, as can be seen by a very famous griefing incident caused by jealousy because I presumably lavished attention on one new good player, but not another player who felt he needed as much or more attention than this new player.  The same would happen anyway even if I were to treat great Veterans nicely, but at least I wouldn't be painting targets on their heads, or getting other bad players kicking, screaming and shoving at each other to try and get this coveted rank of favour.  It can lead to very unfortuante circumstances, like self-centered players ASSUMING that a massive building project (requiring tons of time and resources) that I never asked for (nor would ask for) would impress me, then ragequit when it doesn't, and get all spiteful, huffy or perhaps even griefy as a result.  This is why staff selection is as much character based than anything.

Besides, buffs like that wouldn't be consistent, and we dont have /sethome2, plus as we've said before /afk in its Forge Essentials version is easily abused.

Last edited by Ciabatta on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman13590 Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:15 pm

Ok, thanks Cia. I understand. Sorry if this was a nuissance XD. Thanks for taking explain why though.
Iceman13590
Iceman13590

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Haasman29 Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:02 pm

I always thought this rank should be greater than Novice but lesser than Veteran, making the Veteran status seem greater but without a need to give these "Elites" overpowering commands.

What say you?
Haasman29
Haasman29

RP Character Sheet
Name: Haas
Personality Trait: Aggressive
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman13590 Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Yeah, that makes sense, but I think that would also be harder to implement right now.
Iceman13590
Iceman13590

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down