Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Possible upgrade to the classes. EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Possible upgrade to the classes. EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Possible upgrade to the classes. EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Possible upgrade to the classes. EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Possible upgrade to the classes. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Possible upgrade to the classes. EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Possible upgrade to the classes. EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Possible upgrade to the classes. EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Possible upgrade to the classes. EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Possible upgrade to the classes.

4 posters

Go down

Possible upgrade to the classes. Empty Possible upgrade to the classes.

Post by Pikachublox3 Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Hi everyone,
I have been thinking about how the class system works for the past few days and I believe I have a way of giving players their effects after they die, and also letting them have multiple classes, but stay in the class they were using after death or what not.

So I think we could use a scoreboard for each class and have each of these numbers represent a state of that class,

0 = Not bought.
1 = Being used.
2 = Bought, but not being used.

This way you could easily store which player is has bought which ranks and whether they are currently using it or not.
The only con I can think of at the moment is, how much space is that might use up on the server. (Dunno how scoreboards are stored so it might not even be a problem)
Tell me what you think!

Pikachublox3

RP Character Sheet
Name: Pika
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Possible upgrade to the classes. Empty Re: Possible upgrade to the classes.

Post by CreativeBrain10 Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Hmm well I like the idea it would certainly make the classes have a good on/off switch other than killing yourself hehe. But I would like to add my own idea to this:

All classes that have weakness should have special forms of themselves that don't have weakness but force your to be 1/8* so that way tinies can use stuff like doors. I have discovered that if your tiny and have weakness you dont have the ability to use stone buttons or items that arent a wooden button. And since some people may want to be tiny but yet have these classes I believe it's important to add that functionality for those people such as I.
CreativeBrain10
CreativeBrain10

RP Character Sheet
Name: Brandon
Personality Trait: Logical
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:38 pm

Pikachublox3 wrote:Hi everyone,
I have been thinking about how the class system works for the past few days and I believe I have a way of giving players their effects after they die, and also letting them have multiple classes, but stay in the class they were using after death or what not.

So I think we could use a scoreboard for each class and have each of these numbers represent a state of that class,

0 = Not bought.
 1 = Being used.
 2 = Bought, but not being used.

This way you could easily store which player is has bought which ranks and whether they are currently using it or not.
The only con I can think of at the moment is, how much space is that might use up on the server. (Dunno how scoreboards are stored so it might not even be a problem)
Tell me what you think!

CreativeBrain10 wrote: Hmm well I like the idea it would certainly make the classes have a good on/off switch other than killing yourself hehe. But I would like to add my own idea to this:

All classes that have weakness should have special forms of themselves that don't have weakness but force your to be 1/8* so that way tinies can use stuff like doors. I have discovered that if your tiny and have weakness you dont have the ability to use stone buttons or items that arent a wooden button. And since some people may want to be tiny but yet have these classes I believe it's important to add that functionality for those people such as I.

Huh, it seems this was never answered way back when, but now it's time close the case...

Pikachu's idea: From what I know, it'd be possible but tough to put into the command blocks. Plus the idea of multiple classes? No. You're stuck with the class you choose. -w-

(And keeping effects after you die is near impossible without lagging the server considerably. Just an FYI  Wink )

Brain's idea: We cannot cater to the personal choices of everyone that plays on the server. It is your choice to be whatever class and whatever size you want. You must be willing to accept the consequences of either, even if they make playing the game tough.

And putting this into the command block will be impossible; there's no way to have a command block detect what size you are. The only way to prevent people from exploiting the 'no weakness' ability of tinies would be to completely redo the whole size-changing button command blocks EVERYWHERE. Unless you think this is a wonderful idea, you can do it yourself somewhere else, but we just don't have the time for it.

My suggestion? Learn to brew potions, carry strength potions everywhere.
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pikachublox3 Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:42 am

Hmm, fair enough. Ive kind of given up on using my class often as I die A LOT, and walking over to the class temple and back as a tiny takes a while.

Pikachublox3

RP Character Sheet
Name: Pika
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:56 am

Pikachublox3 wrote:Hmm, fair enough. Ive kind of given up on using my class often as I die A LOT, and walking over to the class temple and back as a tiny takes a while.

Ill at least put a TP right at spawn that takes you directly to the class temple if that helps you out a bit =]

Ill do it next time I'm online
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by CreativeBrain10 Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:00 am

Hm you know I was expecting this so it dosen't really bother me too much. But thanks for the input on our ideas!
CreativeBrain10
CreativeBrain10

RP Character Sheet
Name: Brandon
Personality Trait: Logical
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down