Whitelist Applications - Archive 2

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Whitelist Applications - Archive 2

Post by Mimi on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Staff enough to say you're no longer welcomed here. Have a nice day.
Mimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Application

Post by kandyknight on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:50 pm

Question 1:kandyknight

Question 2:I would like to join this server because I want to experience
the Gulliver mod in multiplayer and i found this server due to the fact that no
other Gulliver severs existed.I also want to see how combat works and many
Minecraft servers have plugins to make it more interesting I want to check out
all of the combat plugins.I don't know how to host a server myself so I'm looking at this for an alternative answer to my problem.

Question 3:I am a very positive person when it comes to forgiveness.I love
to snowboard.I am ok at pvp.I love Minecraft and I also know a lot About
Minecraft.I also kayak occasionally.I can build certain things for the server.
I am great at math.I love playing Minecraft with my friends.I am not rude also I am a great builder.

Question 4:
1:I am a Nintendo Fanboy
2:I have a youtube channel
3:My favorite Minecraft mob is the Wither Skelleton
4:I am a great miner
5:My favorite sport is Baseball

Question 5:Until we can be sure of your intentions, and inasmuch as we would love to trust all our fellow players
unconditionally, for your own protection and those of your new fellow players, you must honourably accept the Novice status until such time as we can grant you full server citizenship. Until that time, you stand as both a pinnacle of patience and fortitude in the face of adversity, and as an eternal reminder for us all of how we ourselves started our Minecraftian lives. Blessed is the Novice player who stands proud to this role and who assures us all of good intentions through kindness and good behaviour.

Question 6:"Cheese"
kandyknight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:54 am

kandyknight wrote:Question 1:kandyknight

Question 2:I would like to join this server because I want to experience
the Gulliver mod in multiplayer and i found this server due to the fact that no
other Gulliver severs existed.I also want to see how combat works and many
Minecraft servers have plugins to make it more interesting I want to check out
all of the combat plugins.I don't know how to host a server myself so I'm looking at this for an alternative answer to my problem.

Question 3:I am a very positive person when it comes to forgiveness.I love
to snowboard.I am ok at pvp.I love Minecraft and I also know a lot About
Minecraft.I also kayak occasionally.I can build certain things for the server.
I am great at math.I love playing Minecraft with my friends.I am not rude also I am a great builder.

Question 4:
1:I am a Nintendo Fanboy
2:I have a youtube channel
3:My favorite Minecraft mob is the Wither Skelleton
4:I am a great miner
5:My favorite sport is Baseball

Question 5:Until we can be sure of your intentions, and inasmuch as we would love to trust all our fellow players
unconditionally, for your own protection and those of your new fellow players, you must honourably accept the Novice status until such time as we can grant you full server citizenship. Until that time, you stand as both a pinnacle of patience and fortitude in the face of adversity, and as an eternal reminder for us all of how we ourselves started our Minecraftian lives. Blessed is the Novice player who stands proud to this role and who assures us all of good intentions through kindness and good behaviour.

Question 6:"Cheese"

Well, just at a glance I can tell you this isn't gonna fly, and that's not just because of the bad grammar.

Your reason to join is ultimately because we have Gulliver and... to see if we have combat mods? Have you seen our server trailers? We pride ourselves in having a wealth of different aspects and features on our server, from mini-games to an economy, and yet none of this seems to interest you. If you're so interested in fighting rather than building or socializing, perhaps we're just not the right server for you.

Your next question - what you offer us in terms of skills and personality - seems to have been mixed up with your five random facts. What does kayaking have to do with your personality, or your MC skillset?

Your random facts, meanwhile, are mostly invalid or unhelpful. It would be nice if you supplemented 2 with a link to see what your youtube channel has and what it could reveal about your personality so we get a better feel for what kind of a player you are - and if you'd fit in on the server, as a result - while 3 and 4 are both Minecraft facts, and thus aren't 'random'. Well, assuming you're not a miner in real life, anyway.

As for your quote... read the instructions, again. You quoted the wrong thing.

Well you got cheese right. Congrats.

Ultimately, this is not a passing app. Your answers are lackluster, several seem to be in the wrong sections, you aren't terribly good at following directions, and you're supposed to put spaces between sentences. Besides that, look through my review for specifics, and please reconsider whether you really want to join us. If you're just looking for a Gulliver server to be on, you might want to look elsewhere, as - frankly - you don't seem to be the kind of guy who would enjoy yourself here.

In any case, good luck. ^^

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hello I'm New and I would like to be Whitelisted :D

Post by EnderGamer5425 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:53 pm

Ciabatta wrote:Hello, and thank you for your interest in joining the Big Sister Gulliver Minecraft server.  The server operates with a whitelist, the application for which you can find below.  

Before you continue, please take a minute to view the official Big Sister Server Quick Guide for an overview of the server and the installation setup.  If after reading the guide you still wish to continue, please reply to this thread with your completed copy of the application below....

1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
Please don't forget this as we won't know how to whitelist you on the server. 
For security reasons, we cannot assume your forum username is equal to your Minecraft one.

My Username is EnderGamer5425

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
We are looking for a detailed and honest explanation, ideally between 60 to 90 words.  Focus on your reasons for joining our server specifically over other server options (such as whether you like our documentation, our server videos, or our Dynmap), but you can also include such things as how you heard about this server, how you were acquainted with UncleMion's Gulliver Mod, and if you have had any experience in prior Gulliver servers.

I would like to join the server because I've always like the idea of being tiny
and running from giants also I think being tiny is Awesome. I also wanna join cause this server is different than the other servers and it would be cool to be on it. I was just searching for fun servers and then on Minecraft forum I read about this server so I said I think it would be cool to join it so this is why i'm joining

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
You are free to be a little broad here since you have likely never been to our server and don't know how we're like.  But your goal here is to demonstrate, ideally between 60 to 90 words, how you expect to do your part to help keep our server a happy, peaceful and productive place.  Things like maturity, building cred, and an independent spirit are valuable to us, but you're more than welcomed to be creative here.

I'm a very happy person I have a great personality I don't cuss unless you make me very angry but I also can build statues very easily and houses but all in all I like to interact with other players see if I could make friend with them or if I can at least make their day better and I've never been banned from a server before and you can trust me to be on my best behavior!

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
It can be very easy to rinse and repeat the same answers from the previous two questions, so here is your chance to truly differentiate yourself from other players.  List five amazing facts about yourself that make you special or that may be of interest to someone in our community.  Be sure to write detailed responses in full sentences, and bulleted-out to make it easier for us to read.

Here is my own list of random facts to illustrate how you should list these:

• I bake breads in real life, but from non-standard ingredients like flax, sorghum, coconut, banana and almond flour.
• I own a pony and llama farm, and engage in the side business of selling the magic of friendship and cheap-imitation alpaca coats.
• I have a full-time job that more than pays for the server (hence why no donations are needed).  
• I own two fantastic Chromebooks, both running Ubuntu Linux in a ChromeOS chroot environment and XFCE4.
• I enjoying eating almost all my food with mint chutney and ghee, although I don't eat wheat in any way, shape or form.  

Of course these are just examples, and unless you really really like mint chutney, it would look really strange to see these same samples in your own list of facts. So be clever and creative! Now is your time to shine! 

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
Feel free to copy and paste it here, or paraphrase it from memory.  The most important thing to demonstrate is that you opened the document and read enough of it to pick one of the rights or responsibilities listed.  What you picked may be used to assess your personality, so choose wisely and feel free to explain your choice if you want.

1) I like to interact with other players
2) I'm very active I play on servers a lot and I bet i'll play a ton on this one
3) I'm very good when it comes to Minecraft
4) I like to play a ton of video games cause I'm a soul gamer but Minecraft is always my choice
5) I'm also very good when it comes to dowloading and installing mods

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
Again, we just need to make sure you opened the guide and can find the answer to this very simple question.

The currency is Cheese Very Happy

Hopefully the information you need has been provided to you in the most clear and detailed way possible, but if you have any questions or are unsure about something, feel free to ask us first before submitting your application.

Thank you and good luck!

EnderGamer5425

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Yay!  *clap clap clap* What a nice application... essentially mine. XD

Gawd,... even though I do see you try to stick in your own answers into it, you do so in a way that's confusing and sloppy, so consider the application null and void.  Great job, bub.  *slowclap* >v>

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New and Fresh

Post by EnderGamer5425 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:56 am

My username is EnderGamer5425.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to join the server because I've always liked the idea of being tiny and running away from giants also I think being tiny is awesome.
I also want to join because this server is special and unique compared to other servers and I think it would be awesome if I was able to join and play in the server.
I've heard of this server by one day searching for modded servers that i could join and on Minecraft Forums I found this and got interested right away.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a very happy person , I have a great personality and I don't cuss unless someone makes me go mad.
I'm very good and fast at building statues and pixel art , but all in all I like to interact with other players with other players and see if I can become friends or at least make them happier than they already are.
I have never been banned from a server and you can trust me to be on my best behavior.
I have heard and used the Guliver Mod.
1: I like to interact with people in real life and players in Minecraft.
2: I'm very active with video games especially Minecraft.
3: I'm a good Minecraft player when it comes to survival.
4: I'm a soul gamer and I play a ton of video games mostly Minecraft.
5: I also like to make my own personal Mod Packs in Minecraft.
My favorite right is if your tiny you have the right to carve a home within Spawnington , its sewers , or hotels so long as the outward appearances of the buildings don't change.
I like this right because it allows tiny people to make a home for protection.
The currency is Cheese
(P.S.) I got your message and made it easy to read Very Happy

EnderGamer5425

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Summer's Whitelist Application (Jul 24, 2015)

Post by Summer_ on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:32 am

I hope I am posting on the right archive, then again the last post was 3 days ago so I suppose I shouldn't worry.

My IGN/User is Summer_

I found out about this server while I was browsing around the Minecraft Forums. I was looking for a "unique" server as I have grown bored over the normal SMP servers that were practically ran by 5-year olds and hardcore PvPers. After I stumbled upon this particular server, watched the trailer and read some official documentation (Rules, Guides, etc). I became interested on how different this server is than the thousands of others that haunt the Minecraft Forums. The most obvious dynamic being the use of the Gulliver mod, which I have not played around with it that much, but am curious to see on a multiplayer server. I liked (and found quite humorous) the different potential life styles of the different sizes in the server trailer such as the "Giant Picnic." Another minor thing that caught my attention was the various mini-games that were different than other servers. I didn't even know it was possible to play Golf in Minecraft!

In addition, I was looking for a community on a server that was fun and nice, but at the same time was mature and serious. Specifically people who take PvP a bit to far and do not take kindly to being killed by a pixelated sword. I am looking for just a community that just plays Minecraft without any hassle.

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

In general, I am more of a shy person hence why I usually do not participate in global discussions other than chipping in a few comments here and there. However, I am more open once I break out of my shell and get to know everyone on the server. I also like to participate in roleplaying when I see fit, however I am usually busy doing something at that moment (Mining). In terms of personality I am virtually always in a good mood and will always find something to be happy about whether it would be good grades or a recent bike ride in the mountains. I also love to help out anyone if I have the capability to, however because I am not the best builder in the world I often do not get requests to help out.

As for my Minecraft play style, I am a typical adventurer. I absolutely love exploring the lands and have an extremely curious and inquiring mind. I will typically stay out at night and look for a pack of mobs to slay usually with no armor on whatsoever! My favorite thing to do as a Minecraft player though is to conquer and explore dungeons filled with hidden loot and Mobs in the deep dark depths of caverns, tombs, and pyramids! It's exciting when to be surrounded by a horde of zombies and reach that treasure chest at the end of the dungeon! Smile

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

• 1.) I am a HUGE Elder Scrolls series fan (Oblivion, Skyrim, etc.) and will constantly make quotes and references related to the games and lore. ("Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll?")

• 2.) I am also a huge fan of Minecraft CTM (Complete the Monument) series, typically it involves playing Minecraft in a vanilla style but with completing hard dungeons and I am even trying to make my own CTM map! Smile. If you want an in-depth explanation you can look at Vech's Super Hostile Thread on the Minecraft forums: (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/maps/1454714-ctm-collection-vechs-super-hostile-series)

• 2a.) (in case you want something non-MC related) I have a collection of Gems/Minerals on my bookshelf, lots of them being either pretty or rare. I have yet to get a diamond though. Sad

• 3.) I am also a bit of a Star Wars nerd, though not as obsessed as the Elder Scrolls I certainly love talking about it. I am a typical lover of the Empire and all that stuff.

• 4.) I am in a school club known as FBLA that stands for Future Business Leaders of America. I also went to nationals this summer in Chicago for my first year.

• 5.) Due to my Cajun background, virtually all of the foods I eat are extremely spicy and did I mention extremely delicious? I just have to make sure I have a glass of milk after I am done...

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

(Quoted from the Novice's Creed)
"Please refrain from asking players and Staff for frequent favors and gifts - self-sufficiency and independence are virtues"

I picked this particular responsibility because I prefer to learn things myself and also do most of my projects/chores independently rather than always rely on everyone else to do everything for me.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

The server currency is a diary product by the name of Cheese.
Summer_

RP Character Sheet
Name: Summer
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:21 am

Wow!  A seemingly good application!  Oh how I've missed thee!  Thank you for making my day... I have a reviewer on this as we speak!  XD

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer_ on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:27 am

Ciabatta wrote:Wow!  A seemingly good application!  Oh how I've missed thee!  Thank you for making my day... I have a reviewer on this as we speak!  XD

Thank you!
and I'm glad I could make someone's day already! Smile
Summer_

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:46 am

Yay!

Oh and EnderGame, we haven't forgotten about you. Someone may be checking out your application, but while it has been improved to the point of readability, it may need some work still.  Just an FYI.  >v>

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by lizeli9 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:07 pm

Hello Summer, my name is Liz and I’m going to be review this app today, let’s get started!

Question 2)
Your answer for this is amazing! You went into so much depth with this question and that’s what we’re looking for. Talking about how you came about the server, different documents and even mention things on the trailers. I also understand why you want to find a “unique” server since when I’ve done my fair share of wondering the minecraft forums they all seemed like clones of each other, it was rare to find one that truly stood out.

Question 3)
I’m glad to hear you’re an optimistic person and it’s okay if you only chip in a few conversations, heck sometimes the only things I say in a day on the server is “Hey” and “Bye”, but I’m sure you’ll join in just fine soon enough. Role playing hasn’t been as popular since the “tabbychat fall” but one does appear once in awhile. Oh and you’ll be pleased to hear that our server has it’s own dungeon diving story created by one of ours mods spookster so that’s probably going to be a treat for you.

Question 4)
Looking at this I see all these facts are choc full of cool information, you even added an extra one!
Q4.1) Oh cool, the elder scroll series a really cool one, though I’m not personally up to date with it. ^^;
Q4.2) I’ve seen quite a few Complete the Monument videos and they look pretty cool! I wish you luck in the making of a CTM map.
Q4.2a) Collecting gems! Wow, that sounds really cool, hope you can show us a picture one day
Q4.3) Another cool fact, shame I know little to nothing about star wars to make a proper comment about it ^^;
Q4.4) Woah! That’s really cool, I hope you had a fun time in Chicago.
Q4.5) I know any Cajun dishes but a quick google and I can say they all look delicious!

Question 5)
You chose a really good responsibilities and you added an explanation. It’s always good to do stuff independently and not always rely on others.  Still don’t be afraid to ask for help or ask questions.

Question 6)
Correct!

Final Verdict)
Your application overall was phenomenal! You answer the questions fully and overall you aced this app! You’re accepted into our server and you’ll be noticed when you’re whitelisted! Have fun, Sun!

http://liziseverything.deviantart.com/
lizeli9

RP Character Sheet
Name: Eliza vespid
Personality Trait: Lazy
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lizeli9 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Okay you should be able to get on the server summer! ^^

http://liziseverything.deviantart.com/
lizeli9

RP Character Sheet
Name: Eliza vespid
Personality Trait: Lazy
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:37 pm

EnderGamer's Application:

EnderGamer5425 wrote:My username is EnderGamer5425.
I would like to join the server because I've always liked the idea of being tiny and running away from giants also I think being tiny is awesome.
I also want to join because this server is special and unique compared to other servers and I think it would be awesome if I was able to join and play in the server.
I've heard of this server by one day searching for modded servers that i could join and on Minecraft Forums I found this and got interested right away.
I'm a very happy person , I have a great personality and I don't cuss unless someone makes me go mad.
I'm very good and fast at building statues and pixel art , but all in all I like to interact with other players with other players and see if I can become friends or at least make them happier than they already are.
I have never been banned from a server and you can trust me to be on my best behavior.
I have heard and used the Guliver Mod.
1: I like to interact with people in real life and players in Minecraft.
2: I'm very active with video games especially Minecraft.
3: I'm a good Minecraft player when it comes to survival.
4: I'm a soul gamer and I play a ton of video games mostly Minecraft.
5: I also like to make my own personal Mod Packs in Minecraft.
My favorite right is if your tiny you have the right to carve a home within Spawnington , its sewers , or hotels so long as the outward appearances of the buildings don't change.
I like this right because it allows tiny people to make a home for protection.
The currency is Cheese
(P.S.) I got your message and made it easy to read Very Happy
Hello I’m Mimi and I’ll be reviewing your application today.

Number 2: Well, another tiny lover. Could you explain why you like being tiny and why you like being chased by giants? The majority of players in the past who have happened to like being tiny ends up being troublesome. Again, why do you think our server is unique and special? We’re just like any other server but with Gulliver and whitelisted. So what’s the difference? Have you seen the trailer at all? Hm, so did you wish it to be specificly this mod? We’re not usually the server to come up out of thousands of other servers. Lot of detail needs to be included here.

Number 3: I hope you are, I mean saying that you wont cuss until you are angry almost sounds a bit worrying. We would prefer patient and dedicated players to join the server. Further on, oh more builders – that’s what most people put in their application, what makes you so unique as a builder? That’s kinda good, since you can keep others company. Alright I’ll take note that you haven’t been banned before. Also, thanks for downloading the mod first. Sometimes we have players who apply and then tell us they cant install it.  

Number 4: Well all your facts appear to be related to minecraft, if you read the question clearly, you’d know it’s got to be non related minecraft facts. Oh and coincidently, all of them end saying “Minecraft”, I ask that you change all your facts to make it that we know about you.

Number 5: Okay then.

Number 6: That is correct.

Conclusion: I cannot whitelist you to this server unfortunately. I’m sorry but you’ve made some things quite unclear in this application. In question 2 and 3, I would like it if you would give it more description explaining from what I have said above in my review Q2 Q3. Lastly, in number 4, I can’t accept these facts unless you change them to be unrelated to minecraft and about you. Thank you and have a great day. -Mimi
Mimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer_ on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:57 pm

lizeli9 wrote:Okay you should be able to get on the server summer! ^^

Lovely Lovely! Now someone has made my day! Smile
I'll get on later ^^

and if you ever need an entire history on Nirn (Elder Scrolls) I will surly educate you ^^
Summer_

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sensuna on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:34 am

My username is Sensuna_Hikaru

I have long since been interested in role playing and have played around with the mod for a bit. though I have just recently gained the knowledge of the existence of your server or any servers for the mod from spitfire a good friend of mine. I would very much like to be able to socialize with my friend and meet new friends in the community. now I won't lie, If it weren't for Spitfire I probably would not have tried to join the server though I promise I'll keep it PG, and I would be more than happy to join any community that accepts my friends and are open to allowing me to make more close friends in the future.

I don't really have much skills with programming and modding, but I do enjoy creating player skins and role play. I have vast background in role playing from other role play servers to games like Dungeons and dragons. I hope to be able to bring smiles to the other players faces by interacting with them and maybe being that person who just happens to be there at the right time to brighten up their day. I did however try to work on and create a server for a site for a friend and while I did manage to make a server and get it all set up the lack of interest in the site lead to its unfortunate downfall. after that I was kind of put off from minecraft for a while, but I want to get back into playing it and because of recommendations I figured this would be a good site to rekindle my interest with the game and its vast potential

. I'm a nerd to say the least. I enjoy role playing table top games and being able to play together with friends.

. While I am fairly shy around new groups of people, I will try my best to get to know everyone and make new friends and welcome new people who come after me.

.I love video games and things connected to them. also have a habit of not being able to stop myself if I start collecting something like amiibos. >.<'

.I like older rock and roll, 70's 80's 90's. new music all has rap and garbage mixed in and it makes me sad that they would ruin such art with it. I also very much prefer songs that tell a story.

. I love nintendo, their games are almost all great and not carbon copies like Call of duty or sports games. its just a shame that they get ignored by the big game devs out there....

"6.Please refrain from the act of griefing or vandalism on private property, as well as wholesale destruction of public property"

Responsibility #6 is the best rule, I hate coming home to find my base ruined by some jerk who had nothing better to do its a horrible feeling and just leads to hurt feelings all around.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

"Cheese" is the official server currency

Last edited by Sensuna on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sensuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Oh hello, Spit's friend.  Happy Cia

Thank you for applying, at first glance this looks like a really nice app and I'll have a staff member review this as early as possible given the weekday.

Just for our own FYI, though, has Spit informed you about our policy involving "sizeplay" on our server?  I'm sure you have since you've all been pretty good about it this to date, but I wanted to make sure in case you weren't since you made no mention of it in your application. 

Thank you. ^^

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sensuna on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:12 pm

we talked about it, he is currently having me fix some spelling errors with it actually. hopefully I'll get to see everyone in the block filled world everyone is so fond of soon. ^^
Sensuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:31 pm

Ah, very clever of you to remove all that "sizeplay" mention... we technically can ignore that for now since it's not part of the official application anymore, but please bear in mind that you WILL be sharing the server with more than just your friends, and so not everyone will be interested in size-comparisonal roleplay.  

Anyway, I'll continue to find someone who can look at this.

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by XxBrendan12xX on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:01 pm

Uhhh.... Why was i taken off the server? Have i done something wrong?
XxBrendan12xX

RP Character Sheet
Name: Brendan Lal
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XxBrendan12xX on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:03 pm

Oops Nevermind
XxBrendan12xX

RP Character Sheet
Name: Brendan Lal
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Sensuna wrote:1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

I have long since been interested in role playing and have played around with the mod for a bit. though I have just recently gained the knowledge of the existence of your server or any servers for the mod from spitfire a good friend of mine. I would very much like to be able to socialize with my friend and meet new friends in the community. now I won't lie, If it weren't for Spitfire I probably would not have tried to join the server though I promise I'll keep it PG, and I would be more than happy to join any community that accepts my friends and are open to allowing me to make more close friends in the future.

I don't really have much skills with programming and modding, but I do enjoy creating player skins and role play. I have vast background in role playing from other role play servers to games like Dungeons and dragons. I hope to be able to bring smiles to the other players faces by interacting with them and maybe being that person who just happens to be there at the right time to brighten up their day. I did however try to work on and create a server for a site for a friend and while I did manage to make a server and get it all set up the lack of interest in the site lead to its unfortunate downfall. after that I was kind of put off from minecraft for a while, but I want to get back into playing it and because of recommendations I figured this would be a good site to rekindle my interest with the game and its vast potential

. I'm a nerd to say the least. I enjoy role playing table top games and being able to play together with friends.

. While I am fairly shy around new groups of people, I will try my best to get to know everyone and make new friends and welcome new people who come after me.

.I love video games and things connected to them. also have a habit of not being able to stop myself if I start collecting something like amiibos. >.<'

.I like older rock and roll, 70's 80's 90's. new music all has rap and garbage mixed in and it makes me sad that they would ruin such art with it. I also very much prefer songs that tell a story.

. I love nintendo, their games are almost all great and not carbon copies like Call of duty or sports games. its just a shame that they get ignored by the big game devs out there....

"6.Please refrain from the act of griefing or vandalism on private property, as well as wholesale destruction of public property"

Responsibility #6 is the best rule, I hate coming home to find my base ruined by some jerk who had nothing better to do its a horrible feeling and just leads to hurt feelings all around.

Hello Spit's Friend,

Well apparently I wasn't the only one to see your REAL original application, so I've had some trouble passing this on to the morning staff. Rather than come across the same issue with the evening staff, I figure I might as well handle this particular potato.  I haven't done this in a while, so I may be rusty.  ^^

QUESTION 1: Cute, a romaji name. ^^

QUESTION 2: Well I'm still hesitant to call this a "community" despite Sarah's protestations to the contrary... I'm not sure we quite have the volume for that distinction.  Also, while I do appreciate the honesty, it does lend itself to the reality that you really don't quite care for us... your primary reason here Spitfire, first, second and third.  He's a swell guy, don't get me wrong, but should he happen to leave the serve (as almost happened a few weeks ago), then there's no other reason why you'd want to stay here.  Heck, there's no real incentive for you to talk to anyone, given that roleplay doesn't happen often, and when it does it's generally not what you'd expect. So in this respect, if this truly is your only raison d'etre, then the plane has been grounded before it has even taken off.  :/

QUESTION 3:  Okay, so roleplaying is your heart and soul, we see that now.  Also, you do have some experience with other Minecraft servers, albeit not very good ones.  In that respect we should offer a unique package given we do have some aspects unique to other 1.6.4 servers besides just Gulliver, and in that respect I do feel we're a great place for a fresh new start.  But with the spectre of your Question 2 answer lurking behind the scenes, I get the impression I won't have the opportunity to witness your skills. -.-

QUESTION 4:
a> Hope you mean that in a good way... otherwise, what kind of label to slap on yourself.  ><
I've never personally tried any of those tabletop roleplaying games (although I've played plenty of Monopoly and Clue, yay!), though I have seen the Yogscast try them.
b> You're the 245th registered "shy" person to join our server.  Somehow I feel this is better added in question 3, but i'll let this slide for now. Razz
c> Oh Amiibos... are those things even selling? XD
d> Ah, in that respect you and I think alike. ^^
e> I kinda feel like this is too similar to 4.c to really be valid here.  I may have you merge the two and add another more unique thing here [though I AM conscious you did replace your original 5th fun fact with this one].

QUESTION 5: This is a good easy one that I'm surprised doesnt have many takers. ^^

QUESTION 6: Correct. ^^

VERDICT:  While your application is overall okay with only some technical faults... mainly the issue with the question 4 redundancy... the lack of any real interest in or demonstrable knowledge of our server [for anything not related to Spit and his posse] is a very fatal flaw in the application.  It's not enough to just WANT to be with a person, you have to WANT to be on this server... otherwise, Skype is a far better venue for interacting with him and his friends, and that way too you guys can roleplay unhindered.  

But if in fact you DO want to be here for your own personal interest, redo this app with this new information and we can see if it meets the requirements.

Thank you.

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sensuna on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:20 am

I have long since been interested in role playing and have played around with the mod for a bit. Though I have just recently gained the knowledge of the existence of your server or any servers for the mod from spitfire a good friend of mine. I would very much like to be able to socialize with and meet new friends in the community. Hopefully I will be able to explore the creations of the other people in the community and maybe add my own if they are deemed good enough by the others around. With everyone working together, I hope that we can create a world that everyone can enjoy and have fun with, and use to relax after the stress of the outside world.

. I am a big fan of animals, mostly those feline or canine in origin. I guess adorableness is just a weakness of mine. ^^

. I am currently in the United States military as my primary profession. Though I won’t risk saying anything else on the subject. Spoilers and all that you know Razz

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide please write down the name of the official server currency.

Sensuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:32 am

Sensuna wrote:1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

I have long since been interested in role playing and have played around with the mod for a bit. Though I have just recently gained the knowledge of the existence of your server or any servers for the mod from spitfire a good friend of mine. I would very much like to be able to socialize with and meet new friends in the community. Hopefully I will be able to explore the creations of the other people in the community and maybe add my own if they are deemed good enough by the others around. With everyone working together, I hope that we can create a world that everyone can enjoy and have fun with, and use to relax after the stress of the outside world.

. I am a big fan of animals, mostly those feline or canine in origin. I guess adorableness is just a weakness of mine. ^^

. I am currently in the United States military as my primary profession. Though I won’t risk saying anything else on the subject. Spoilers and all that you know Razz

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide please write down the name of the official server currency.

Hello Spit's Friend,

Thanks for reposting an updated application. Running it through a DIFF checker I do see that it strategically targets the very changes I requested, including two new better facts in Question 4.  Your Question 2 response is now perfect,... and had the original application been laid out like this, you would have passed with flying colors.  

But given we have a good memory, I want to make sure you're not simply saying things I want to hear.  As a small test of your conviction, I'd like you to do two things for us...

#1: view our official server video and tell us if you like it, and if so what appeals to you about it, and why it might be convincing you to give our server a try IRREGARDLESS of whether Spit is on or not....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J5UyaAgv50

#2: visit our Dynmap, including its 3D isometric view, and give us your thoughts on some of the cities, towns and structures you come across, and what you'd eventually like to contribute to this vast world of creativity....

http://bigsister.mcserver.ws:8123/

Answer me those on the side, and I will make my final decision accordingly.
Thank you.  ^^

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sensuna on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:32 pm

The video was great, it felt a bit empty without more people in the streets at the beginning and I expected the giant statures of everyone to start moving when I saw them first, but I very much enjoyed the second half with all the miniature people running around being mischievous. I have to say the game section looks amazing and very well made from what I could see and I would love to examine it further. Let’s see, I thought the emotes about half way through were nice, if short lived. And while the music was nice I couldn’t help but feel it didn’t quite fit in parts. Probably the capture scene. Though that is probably just because I watch too much yogscast and am spoiled by their editing and resources. So my final verdict is that it was a good video, and I enjoyed it. ^^

The first thing I noticed on the map was the amazing Zelda reference lon lon ranch. And the characters from mother 2, or earthbound. And then I found out how to make it 3-d. now everything looks super awesome. Though I’m not sure what the big pink blocks are. The blimp looks amazing and skyscrapers. I’m not sure if I can make anything this cool without practice, but I will try my best. When I first started Minecraft, I had a concept for a church that worshiped a creeper made of solid gold, while it may not exactly fit here, I think the concept could be adapted. Looking around, I see a lot of buildings and towers more in my skill level, and everything seems nice. Also the lack of flaming craters from jerks is great.
Sensuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top