Unbanning Applications

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by a4955 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:42 am

I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said, but as a player who hasn't heard much of you, (Pretty much only the bad things) you seem to have changed a lot. You have been very respectful and patient during the unbanning process so far, and a lot of work appears to be put into your application. I think that you have shown well here that you deserve a second chance. Good luck.
avatar
a4955

Posts : 638
Join date : 2014-09-27
Age : 15
Location : Canada

RP Character Sheet
Name: a4955
Personality Trait: Cowardly
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by Ajjget on Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:55 pm

In all seriousness, Cap is a good friend. He is very mature and easy-going. While he's always been mature in my eyes, I guess others didn't see him the same way. That's why I initially chose him as my deputy (and I thought he could add more to the server). I'm elated to see his return and am so glad to see everyone's support in this for him. I know that the server is going to be a better place with him there and he'll be able to make tons of friends in seconds. He's like a magnet to good people and I'm sure that won't change on the Big Sister server. Any mistakes in the past can be so easily overlooked that it doesn't shade who he is as a person. If you saw the review I posted earlier, none of that was true and completely my mistake. I was just poking some fun at some previous comments of mine and meant to have it deleted sooner than it was, but it was all completely my bad. Cap is seriously one of the best people you could be getting back onto the server. He deserves the pardon. His actions were years ago, which means they're history (and barely memorable at this point). The only things I can remember about him is how he made others laugh and how adventurous he was and still is. That should speak measures. Again, any previous things I've ever said about him should be ignored because these are my real thoughts. I'm so happy to see that he's probably going to be re-accepted onto the server.

Ajjget

Posts : 17
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by HannahChi on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:21 pm

The closing date has now passed and I would like to say that I am thoroughly impressed by all the positive feedback to the extent that I believe that Runson has changed and is good to return. I now hereby proclaim that his ban is lifted. Thank you everyone who participated in giving feedback!

_________________
avatar
HannahChi

Posts : 403
Join date : 2014-06-27
Age : 16

RP Character Sheet
Name: Hannah
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by FluffyNyan on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Thank you to everyone who had positive memories to share and the anxiousness for my coming back. And thank you Hannah for your careful decision in my return. See you all on the server soon! Smile

       Sincerely- Runson

FluffyNyan

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hey guys... I'm back and want to try and make things work again.

Post by CreativeBrain10 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:43 pm

QUESTION #1: Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here, and add a brief explanation of the origin behind your IGN.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My full Minecraft in game name is CreativeBrain10. The reason can actually be broken down into three simple parts. "Creative" as you all like to call me is because back when I was making the account I had more creativity than I do now. "Brain" this as you may of guess is because I'm smart. "10" this is because CreativeBrain(1-9) where taken already.

QUESTION #2: Please describe the nature of the crime or indiscretion committed that caused you to be banned in the first place, including what went on in your head when you committed it, as well as what was your expected outcome had you gotten away with it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well I committed multiple crimes on the server that I feel absolutely terrible about doing. In order(Of when I wrote them) I disrespected Staff Instructions: I don't know exactly why I did it I just know I did) and I didn't have an expected out come. I ignored staff instructions: I take joking a little too far and my expected outcome was for people to laugh.
I spammed in chat: I don't quite remember doing this as when I got to this point of the application its already been a little over a year since I started work on this but I do know that I am VERY VERY deeply sorry about what I did and still don't forgive myself to this day.

I cannot quite remember any others I may have broken and to which of those I had broken I am VERY sorry about it I can't say that enough at this point.
QUESTION #3: Please reread the Novice and/or Veteran's Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you failed to uphold during your crime or indiscretion.
The point here, again, is to have you understand the crime or indiscretion committed that you are now willing to be responsible for. This is very important on our server since the onus of carrying out these responsibilities lies on the players themselves, not on the staff to enforce them.
----------------------------------------------------------------

3.Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any

I couldn't find and others nor could I find any about spamming in chat but I am sorry for any others I broke.

QUESTION #4: Fully understanding your role in this issue, please explain why you feel you can safely be unbanned from the Server.
We're not sure if you wish to return out of spite or vengeance, and we have to always assume that you're not being sincere in your willingness to return to make amends. Therefore, this question offers you the opportunity to assure us that you won't cause any additional trouble again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It has been almost a full year since I was banned from the server and I am sure I have matured enough to handle myself properly. On top of that I know I keep saying it but I do well and truly mean that I am sorry to anyone I had hurt throughout the time I was on the server. I have learned that doing what I did back then is not funny and it can actually hurt people or cause staff to require taking action for what I have done.

QUESTION #5: Please explain what you intend to do on our server to restore trust in you.
Aside from placing you in an observation period, we also want to see what actions you plan to take to regain our trust. It can be as simple as simply staying quiet for a while, and/or apologizing to people you might have killed or harmed, and/or assisting with major projects. Here is an excellent opportunity to formally apologize, but be sure not to ruin an apology for disruption with a disruptive apology..

----------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on apologizing to all of the people I had made upset. I will do random and possibly even pointless community services around the server where needed. I will also be sure to do my best in helping new players learn the ropes of the server after I regain mine.

QUESTION #6: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft, or your involvement in our server.
If you intend to return, you will have to start from scratch. You will need to restate random facts, plus five more for safe measure. Be very sure to exclude Minecraft facts, server facts, and pointless intangible facts (ie, "I am a nice guy").

----------------------------------------------------------------

1) I plan on going into game design and following in the footsteps of many great programmers.

2) I enjoy listening to music especially when it comes to the remix genre labeled as "Nightcore."

3) I enjoy drawing in my spare time no matter how pointless it may be.

4) I love watching youtube videos and have even made some of my own.

5) I am always interested in getting a new watch and currently own a Samsung brand smart watch.

6) Some of my favorite foods include but are not limited to: Pizza(Pepperoni/Meat Lovers), Tacos, and Eggs!

7) I am an excellent programmer and have made a few games on my own using my talents.

Cool I am easily able to pick up on or learn new mechanics to any video game no matter how game changing it may be.

9) I take great interest in what society today has labeled as logical paradoxes.

10) I enjoy spending time with my family where possible and have a fascination for looking at the night sky.


QUESTION #7: Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.
We want to see if there's any possible historical precedent for your actions. You're free to reference one or two issues from prior Gulliver/Minecraft servers if you have to, including our own, but personal defects take priority as far as gauging who you say you are, and why it is that you do what you do.

1) I have always had a very high dislike of bees and most other insects with some sort of wings.

2) I have always had arachnophobia and am still struggling to get rid of it to this day.

3) I can easily get upset over most things though I have learned to control this defect of mine.

4) I tend to get hungry very fast which means I eat a bit too much and it can sometimes be an issue.

5) I am not very skilled with grammar and in some cases spelling despite how smart I may make myself out to be.

QUESTION #8: Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.
Now we get to the acknowledgements portion of the unbanning application. These are not only here to ensure you're still awake and are carefully reading instructions, but they're also here to help you take ownership of your actions going forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I do very well acknowledge why I was banned and will still be ok if I do not get accepted back into the server.

QUESTION #9: Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully read through your unbanning application review, and will listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Feedback stage.
Collecting feedback from players and staff is critical to the unbanning process, as it makes the act of unbanning a "communal" effort rather than simply a wild whim of the Staff Member reviewing this application. In this way, we all share the pride (or the risk) of unbanning you, and also broadcast the need to keep you monitored as often as possible. During this process, you will be allowed to answer questions if you are asked any, but as a matter of principle neither you nor your "friends" must interfere, influence or disrupt the process in any way.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have reread all of this and I do acknowledge the the aforementioned statement above.

QUESTION #10: Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and that this will motivate you to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.
A personal assurance that you will do your best to become a well-behaved member of our server will go a long way towards demonstrating your resolve, on top of all the effort you've done in filling out this unbanning application up to this point. After all, talk is cheap, but actions are not.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have actually put in a decent amount of effort into this and I would well and truly fell very bad if my almost a years worth of hard work went to waste on my own carelessness.

Conclusion: I can't say this enough guys and ladies but i truly am very, very sorry about everything I did and can't say sorry enough to cover how I feel as every time I just think about this server or do work on this application I break down in tears at the thought of what I did or may have done. Sad Sad Sad
avatar
CreativeBrain10

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-01-13
Age : 15
Location : a land far far away

RP Character Sheet
Name: Brandon
Personality Trait: Logical
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:07 pm

I would say 'welcome back', Creative, but you also decided to post an obnoxiously-large signature which pretty much contradicts any notion of having grown out of all this, so you may have a rougher time than expected.

Anyway, it's the summer and my staff is at their laziest right now, so it may be a while before anyone gets to review it.  I won't do it since I'm clearly biased from the above -- anyone else who knows your case better might be a lot more considerate.
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3884
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 26
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Thanks for the reply

Post by CreativeBrain10 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:10 am

Thanks for at least replying to my attempt and sorry about the signature i should have previewed it before I accepted it... Razz
On a side note I may not be able to join as I recently started up the mod to make sure it still worked and the game doesn't end up loading so it could be a while longer after this that I will be able to join... Laughing Crying or Very sad

Update: Got the issue fixed thanks to a thread by Lomgren under support tickets
Link: http://bigsister.forumotion.com/t748-minecraft-not-working-try-this-first
So thanks to Lom I appreciate the thread and the help you give the server members. Though sadly now I have a new issue but it's something I can fix as I do this kinda thing to help friends nowadays so yeah hopefully I can get accepted back in!


Last edited by CreativeBrain10 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : left out a piece of information, didnt feel like adding another post to the same thread)
avatar
CreativeBrain10

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-01-13
Age : 15
Location : a land far far away

RP Character Sheet
Name: Brandon
Personality Trait: Logical
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Okay then, thank you, and be careful with those signatures.  As for game problems, you can post them on our Support Ticket section and some people may be able to help.  Becoming more and more difficult keeping apace with such an old mod.
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3884
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 26
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by Spookster on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:23 am

Unbanning app:

CreativeBrain10 wrote:QUESTION #1:  Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here, and add a brief explanation of the origin behind your IGN.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My full Minecraft in game name is CreativeBrain10. The reason can actually be broken down into three simple parts. "Creative" as you all like to call me is because back when I was making the account I had more creativity than I do now. "Brain" this as you may of guess is because I'm smart. "10" this is because CreativeBrain(1-9) where taken already.

QUESTION #2:  Please describe the nature of the crime or indiscretion committed that caused you to be banned in the first place, including what went on in your head when you committed it, as well as what was your expected outcome had you gotten away with it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well I committed multiple crimes on the server that I feel absolutely terrible about doing. In order(Of when I wrote them) I disrespected Staff Instructions: I don't know exactly why I did it I just know I did) and I didn't have an expected out come. I ignored staff instructions: I take joking a little too far and my expected outcome was for people to laugh.
I spammed in chat: I don't quite remember doing this as when I got to this point of the application its already been a little over a year since I started work on this but I do know that I am VERY VERY deeply sorry about what I did and still don't forgive myself to this day.

I cannot quite remember any others I may have broken and to which of those I had broken I am VERY sorry about it I can't say that enough at this point.
QUESTION #3: Please reread the Novice and/or Veteran's Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you failed to uphold during your crime or indiscretion.
The point here, again, is to have you understand the crime or indiscretion committed that you are now willing to be responsible for.  This is very important on our server since the onus of carrying out these responsibilities lies on the players themselves, not on the staff to enforce them.
----------------------------------------------------------------

3.Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any

I couldn't find and others nor could I find any about spamming in chat but I am sorry for any others I broke.

QUESTION #4:  Fully understanding your role in this issue, please explain why you feel you can safely be unbanned from the Server.
We're not sure if you wish to return out of spite or vengeance, and we have to always assume that you're not being sincere in your willingness to return to make amends.  Therefore, this question offers you the opportunity to assure us that you won't cause any additional trouble again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It has been almost a full year since I was banned from the server and I am sure I have matured enough to handle myself properly. On top of that I know I keep saying it but I do well and truly mean that I am sorry to anyone I had hurt throughout the time I was on the server. I have learned that doing what I did back then is not funny and it can actually hurt people or cause staff to require taking action for what I have done.

QUESTION #5:  Please explain what you intend to do on our server to restore trust in you.
Aside from placing you in an observation period, we also want to see what actions you plan to take to regain our trust. It can be as simple as simply staying quiet for a while, and/or apologizing to people you might have killed or harmed, and/or assisting with major projects. Here is an excellent opportunity to formally apologize, but be sure not to ruin an apology for disruption with a disruptive apology..

----------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on apologizing to all of the people I had made upset. I will do random and possibly even pointless community services around the server where needed. I will also be sure to do my best in helping new players learn the ropes of the server after I regain mine.

QUESTION #6: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft, or your involvement in our server.
If you intend to return, you will have to start from scratch.  You will need to restate random facts, plus five more for safe measure.  Be very sure to exclude Minecraft facts, server facts, and pointless intangible facts (ie, "I am a nice guy").

----------------------------------------------------------------

1) I plan on going into game design and following in the footsteps of many great programmers.

2) I enjoy listening to music especially when it comes to the remix genre labeled as "Nightcore."

3) I enjoy drawing in my spare time no matter how pointless it may be.

4) I love watching youtube videos and have even made some of my own.

5) I am always interested in getting a new watch and currently own a Samsung brand smart watch.

6) Some of my favorite foods include but are not limited to: Pizza(Pepperoni/Meat Lovers), Tacos, and Eggs!

7) I am an excellent programmer and have made a few games on my own using my talents.

Cool I am easily able to pick up on or learn new mechanics to any video game no matter how game changing it may be.

9) I take great interest in what society today has labeled as logical paradoxes.

10) I enjoy spending time with my family where possible and have a fascination for looking at the night sky.


QUESTION #7: Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.
We want to see if there's any possible historical precedent for your actions.  You're free to reference one or two issues from prior Gulliver/Minecraft servers if you have to, including our own, but personal defects take priority as far as gauging who you say you are, and why it is that you do what you do.  

1) I have always had a very high dislike of bees and most other insects with some sort of wings.

2) I have always had arachnophobia and am still struggling to get rid of it to this day.

3) I can easily get upset over most things though I have learned to control this defect of mine.

4) I tend to get hungry very fast which means I eat a bit too much and it can sometimes be an issue.

5) I am not very skilled with grammar and in some cases spelling despite how smart I may make myself out to be.

QUESTION #8:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.
Now we get to the acknowledgements portion of the unbanning application.  These are not only here to ensure you're still awake and are carefully reading instructions, but they're also here to help you take ownership of your actions going forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I do very well acknowledge why I was banned and will still be ok if I do not get accepted back into the server.

QUESTION #9:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully read through your unbanning application review, and will listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Feedback stage.
Collecting feedback from players and staff is critical to the unbanning process, as it makes the act of unbanning a "communal" effort rather than simply a wild whim of the Staff Member reviewing this application.  In this way, we all share the pride (or the risk) of unbanning you, and also broadcast the need to keep you monitored as often as possible.  During this process, you will be allowed to answer questions if you are asked any, but as a matter of principle neither you nor your "friends" must interfere, influence or disrupt the process in any way.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have reread all of this and I do acknowledge the the aforementioned statement above.

QUESTION #10:  Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and that this will motivate you to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.
A personal assurance that you will do your best to become a well-behaved member of our server will go a long way towards demonstrating your resolve, on top of all the effort you've done in filling out this unbanning application up to this point. After all, talk is cheap, but actions are not.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have actually put in a decent amount of effort into this and I would well and truly fell very bad if my almost a years worth of hard work went to waste on my own carelessness.

Conclusion: I can't say this enough guys and ladies but i truly am very, very sorry about everything I did and can't say sorry enough to cover how I feel as every time I just think about this server or do work on this application I break down in tears at the thought of what I did or may have done. Sad  Sad  Sad

Hello CreativeBrain10,

It has been a very long time since I’ve heard something from you and I must say I’m actually surprised that you did decide to post a unbanning application. At first look the application looks nice from the outside. However I will be going in depth in both the reasons for your ban, and this application.

Hannah wrote:Creative has been tempbanned for the following reasons:

-Disrespecting Staff
-Ignoring instructions from Staff
-Disrespecting players by Spamming in the chat
-Killing players without their consent
-Insulting builds eg Spooks Dungeons
-Keeps staff on edge by constantly "joking" about cheating and using mods to give him an unfair advantage over his fellow players.

This violates:

NOVICES CREED -
Responsibility 3. Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any.

Responsibility 4. Please refrain from asking players and Staff non¬stop questions that can be construed as annoying.

Responsibility 10. Please refrain from frequent and blatant acts of vigilantism against offending players.  Record useful evidence of crimes being perpetruated, and inform the authorities if you wish to help.

Responsibility 20. Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid¬back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun.

VETERANS CREED -
Responsibility 3. Please do not take for granted the trust the Staff has placed on you – continue to obey and respect the rules, and avoid any actions against them, either in¬game or off, that may be interpreted as manipulative, coercive, or of a threatening or harassing nature.

Responsibility 5. Please refrain from excessive bragging, condescension, bullying or other acts meant to show your dominance over other players; this is childish and punishable by the Staff if it gets out of hand

This means this is a temporary ban and you’ve could have started your parole much earlier. Anyway I’ll be commenting on your different answers now.

You stated your username and the origins as stated in question 1, however I have to make this point: if you had been “smart”, would you have tried so hard to court danger and get banned?

Your next answer is about the crimes you have committed. As posted above, we had already detailed the reasons why we have banned you, so unlike other parole applicants you had an opportunity to use this as a reference. This makes it seem like you have not given much thought to the crimes committed at all; however, your ban is also a year old so it's possible you have truly forgotten some facts.

The next answer you give is very very small. Again, we had already listed out the different responsibilities infringed upon, and you could just have easily copy-and-pasted that here -- instead, you seem convinced that you only broke one such responsibility. This gives me an impression that you have not done much research about your ban, or that you don't take what you did very seriously.

The next answer is decent. It has been a year, and I think you might have matured some.

The next answer would have been a perfect opportunity for you to apologize to not only myself but the other players as well. I hope that if you do get unbanned you will apologize to the many different players. I will note that it’s good that you mentioned you will relearn your ropes if you return.

Your random facts are good… However this one smiley (possible accident) tells me you may have not done a second check on your unbanning application. Bear in mind that right now we're not in a smiling mood.

The next question about your defects seem fair enough, and you noted a few that could be tied to why committed these crimes.

The next answer is a bit short, but good enough.

You accept the feedback stage.

And here we are at the end of your unbanning review. I will give you a period of twp days to provide your response to my review -- this is not a chance to repost your application, simply to reply to the points I made above, if you have no such response, you can simply state that in your post. once we pass this stage, then I will open this up to user feedback so all interested players can express their own thoughts about your unbanning application.

If you fail to reply within 2 days and without a proper reason, I will terminate the unbanning process and renew your ban.

That is all for now, good luck.

_________________
Because everyone is doing it



[/b]
avatar
Spookster

Posts : 562
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 17
Location : Netherlands

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Reply

Post by CreativeBrain10 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:35 am

Spookster's Review:

Spookster wrote:
Unbanning app:

CreativeBrain10 wrote:QUESTION #1:  Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here, and add a brief explanation of the origin behind your IGN.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My full Minecraft in game name is CreativeBrain10. The reason can actually be broken down into three simple parts. "Creative" as you all like to call me is because back when I was making the account I had more creativity than I do now. "Brain" this as you may of guess is because I'm smart. "10" this is because CreativeBrain(1-9) where taken already.

QUESTION #2:  Please describe the nature of the crime or indiscretion committed that caused you to be banned in the first place, including what went on in your head when you committed it, as well as what was your expected outcome had you gotten away with it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well I committed multiple crimes on the server that I feel absolutely terrible about doing. In order(Of when I wrote them) I disrespected Staff Instructions: I don't know exactly why I did it I just know I did) and I didn't have an expected out come. I ignored staff instructions: I take joking a little too far and my expected outcome was for people to laugh.
I spammed in chat: I don't quite remember doing this as when I got to this point of the application its already been a little over a year since I started work on this but I do know that I am VERY VERY deeply sorry about what I did and still don't forgive myself to this day.

I cannot quite remember any others I may have broken and to which of those I had broken I am VERY sorry about it I can't say that enough at this point.
QUESTION #3: Please reread the Novice and/or Veteran's Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you failed to uphold during your crime or indiscretion.
The point here, again, is to have you understand the crime or indiscretion committed that you are now willing to be responsible for.  This is very important on our server since the onus of carrying out these responsibilities lies on the players themselves, not on the staff to enforce them.
----------------------------------------------------------------

3.Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any

I couldn't find and others nor could I find any about spamming in chat but I am sorry for any others I broke.

QUESTION #4:  Fully understanding your role in this issue, please explain why you feel you can safely be unbanned from the Server.
We're not sure if you wish to return out of spite or vengeance, and we have to always assume that you're not being sincere in your willingness to return to make amends.  Therefore, this question offers you the opportunity to assure us that you won't cause any additional trouble again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It has been almost a full year since I was banned from the server and I am sure I have matured enough to handle myself properly. On top of that I know I keep saying it but I do well and truly mean that I am sorry to anyone I had hurt throughout the time I was on the server. I have learned that doing what I did back then is not funny and it can actually hurt people or cause staff to require taking action for what I have done.

QUESTION #5:  Please explain what you intend to do on our server to restore trust in you.
Aside from placing you in an observation period, we also want to see what actions you plan to take to regain our trust. It can be as simple as simply staying quiet for a while, and/or apologizing to people you might have killed or harmed, and/or assisting with major projects. Here is an excellent opportunity to formally apologize, but be sure not to ruin an apology for disruption with a disruptive apology..

----------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on apologizing to all of the people I had made upset. I will do random and possibly even pointless community services around the server where needed. I will also be sure to do my best in helping new players learn the ropes of the server after I regain mine.

QUESTION #6: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft, or your involvement in our server.
If you intend to return, you will have to start from scratch.  You will need to restate random facts, plus five more for safe measure.  Be very sure to exclude Minecraft facts, server facts, and pointless intangible facts (ie, "I am a nice guy").

----------------------------------------------------------------

1) I plan on going into game design and following in the footsteps of many great programmers.

2) I enjoy listening to music especially when it comes to the remix genre labeled as "Nightcore."

3) I enjoy drawing in my spare time no matter how pointless it may be.

4) I love watching youtube videos and have even made some of my own.

5) I am always interested in getting a new watch and currently own a Samsung brand smart watch.

6) Some of my favorite foods include but are not limited to: Pizza(Pepperoni/Meat Lovers), Tacos, and Eggs!

7) I am an excellent programmer and have made a few games on my own using my talents.

Cool I am easily able to pick up on or learn new mechanics to any video game no matter how game changing it may be.

9) I take great interest in what society today has labeled as logical paradoxes.

10) I enjoy spending time with my family where possible and have a fascination for looking at the night sky.


QUESTION #7: Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.
We want to see if there's any possible historical precedent for your actions.  You're free to reference one or two issues from prior Gulliver/Minecraft servers if you have to, including our own, but personal defects take priority as far as gauging who you say you are, and why it is that you do what you do.  

1) I have always had a very high dislike of bees and most other insects with some sort of wings.

2) I have always had arachnophobia and am still struggling to get rid of it to this day.

3) I can easily get upset over most things though I have learned to control this defect of mine.

4) I tend to get hungry very fast which means I eat a bit too much and it can sometimes be an issue.

5) I am not very skilled with grammar and in some cases spelling despite how smart I may make myself out to be.

QUESTION #8:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.
Now we get to the acknowledgements portion of the unbanning application.  These are not only here to ensure you're still awake and are carefully reading instructions, but they're also here to help you take ownership of your actions going forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I do very well acknowledge why I was banned and will still be ok if I do not get accepted back into the server.

QUESTION #9:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully read through your unbanning application review, and will listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Feedback stage.
Collecting feedback from players and staff is critical to the unbanning process, as it makes the act of unbanning a "communal" effort rather than simply a wild whim of the Staff Member reviewing this application.  In this way, we all share the pride (or the risk) of unbanning you, and also broadcast the need to keep you monitored as often as possible.  During this process, you will be allowed to answer questions if you are asked any, but as a matter of principle neither you nor your "friends" must interfere, influence or disrupt the process in any way.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have reread all of this and I do acknowledge the the aforementioned statement above.

QUESTION #10:  Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and that this will motivate you to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.
A personal assurance that you will do your best to become a well-behaved member of our server will go a long way towards demonstrating your resolve, on top of all the effort you've done in filling out this unbanning application up to this point. After all, talk is cheap, but actions are not.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have actually put in a decent amount of effort into this and I would well and truly fell very bad if my almost a years worth of hard work went to waste on my own carelessness.

Conclusion: I can't say this enough guys and ladies but i truly am very, very sorry about everything I did and can't say sorry enough to cover how I feel as every time I just think about this server or do work on this application I break down in tears at the thought of what I did or may have done. Sad  Sad  Sad
Hello CreativeBrain10,

It has been a very long time since I’ve heard something from you and I must say I’m actually surprised that you did decide to post a unbanning application. At first look the application looks nice from the outside. However I will be going in depth in both the reasons for your ban, and this application.

Hannah wrote:Creative has been tempbanned for the following reasons:

-Disrespecting Staff
-Ignoring instructions from Staff
-Disrespecting players by Spamming in the chat
-Killing players without their consent
-Insulting builds eg Spooks Dungeons
-Keeps staff on edge by constantly "joking" about cheating and using mods to give him an unfair advantage over his fellow players.

This violates:

NOVICES CREED -
Responsibility 3. Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any.

Responsibility 4. Please refrain from asking players and Staff non¬stop questions that can be construed as annoying.

Responsibility 10. Please refrain from frequent and blatant acts of vigilantism against offending players.  Record useful evidence of crimes being perpetruated, and inform the authorities if you wish to help.

Responsibility 20. Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid¬back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun.

VETERANS CREED -
Responsibility 3. Please do not take for granted the trust the Staff has placed on you – continue to obey and respect the rules, and avoid any actions against them, either in¬game or off, that may be interpreted as manipulative, coercive, or of a threatening or harassing nature.

Responsibility 5. Please refrain from excessive bragging, condescension, bullying or other acts meant to show your dominance over other players; this is childish and punishable by the Staff if it gets out of hand

This means this is a temporary ban and you’ve could have started your parole much earlier. Anyway I’ll be commenting on your different answers now.

You stated your username and the origins as stated in question 1, however I have to make this point: if you had been “smart”, would you have tried so hard to court danger and get banned?

Your next answer is about the crimes you have committed. As posted above, we had already detailed the reasons why we have banned you, so unlike other parole applicants you had an opportunity to use this as a reference. This makes it seem like you have not given much thought to the crimes committed at all; however, your ban is also a year old so it's possible you have truly forgotten some facts.

The next answer you give is very very small. Again, we had already listed out the different responsibilities infringed upon, and you could just have easily copy-and-pasted that here -- instead, you seem convinced that you only broke one such responsibility. This gives me an impression that you have not done much research about your ban, or that you don't take what you did very seriously.

The next answer is decent. It has been a year, and I think you might have matured some.

The next answer would have been a perfect opportunity for you to apologize to not only myself but the other players as well. I hope that if you do get unbanned you will apologize to the many different players. I will note that it’s good that you mentioned you will relearn your ropes if you return.

Your random facts are good… However this one smiley (possible accident) tells me you may have not done a second check on your unbanning application. Bear in mind that right now we're not in a smiling mood.

The next question about your defects seem fair enough, and you noted a few that could be tied to why committed these crimes.

The next answer is a bit short, but good enough.

You accept the feedback stage.

And here we are at the end of your unbanning review. I will give you a period of twp days to provide your response to my review -- this is not a chance to repost your application, simply to reply to the points I made above, if you have no such response, you can simply state that in your post. once we pass this stage, then I will open this up to user feedback so all interested players can express their own thoughts about your unbanning application.

If you fail to reply within 2 days and without a proper reason, I will terminate the unbanning process and renew your ban.

That is all for now, good luck.

Thanks for replying to my unbanning application and I do in fact have some thing to say about this;

1 ) Yeah maybe I should have went more specific and said book smart...

2 ) I am on the same boat here in that I should have done more research before I continued considering that I had lost my knowledge on what I had done.

3 ) Yet again I did in fat forget to research this and was instead trying to do it off the top of my head which was not a very good idea on my part...

4 ) I don't have anyone who could really vouch for me here but yes I do believe I have.

5 ) I felt as though it would be a better idea to do the apologizing in person so that it would seem a bit more authentic which I now see a minor flaw in.

6 ) I do agree that I should have reread it and revised it before I posted it though what I will say is that the smiley is in fact an accident caused by me forgetting about them while I was typing the application in a text document.

7 ) I appreciate you looking over this as well as possibly finding it useful.

8 ) I was never good at making sentences go on for long without rambling about random things that have nothing to do with the topic.

9) Acceptance is the first stage for forgiveness.

10 ) Hopefully this is good enough and I am accepted back in not as a friend or a recognized player though but as just some random server member this way we can start a new...
avatar
CreativeBrain10

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-01-13
Age : 15
Location : a land far far away

RP Character Sheet
Name: Brandon
Personality Trait: Logical
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by Spookster on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:40 am

Creative's Reply:

CreativeBrain10 wrote:
Spookster's Review:

Spookster wrote:
Unbanning app:

CreativeBrain10 wrote:QUESTION #1:  Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here, and add a brief explanation of the origin behind your IGN.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My full Minecraft in game name is CreativeBrain10. The reason can actually be broken down into three simple parts. "Creative" as you all like to call me is because back when I was making the account I had more creativity than I do now. "Brain" this as you may of guess is because I'm smart. "10" this is because CreativeBrain(1-9) where taken already.

QUESTION #2:  Please describe the nature of the crime or indiscretion committed that caused you to be banned in the first place, including what went on in your head when you committed it, as well as what was your expected outcome had you gotten away with it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well I committed multiple crimes on the server that I feel absolutely terrible about doing. In order(Of when I wrote them) I disrespected Staff Instructions: I don't know exactly why I did it I just know I did) and I didn't have an expected out come. I ignored staff instructions: I take joking a little too far and my expected outcome was for people to laugh.
I spammed in chat: I don't quite remember doing this as when I got to this point of the application its already been a little over a year since I started work on this but I do know that I am VERY VERY deeply sorry about what I did and still don't forgive myself to this day.

I cannot quite remember any others I may have broken and to which of those I had broken I am VERY sorry about it I can't say that enough at this point.
QUESTION #3: Please reread the Novice and/or Veteran's Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you failed to uphold during your crime or indiscretion.
The point here, again, is to have you understand the crime or indiscretion committed that you are now willing to be responsible for.  This is very important on our server since the onus of carrying out these responsibilities lies on the players themselves, not on the staff to enforce them.
----------------------------------------------------------------

3.Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any

I couldn't find and others nor could I find any about spamming in chat but I am sorry for any others I broke.

QUESTION #4:  Fully understanding your role in this issue, please explain why you feel you can safely be unbanned from the Server.
We're not sure if you wish to return out of spite or vengeance, and we have to always assume that you're not being sincere in your willingness to return to make amends.  Therefore, this question offers you the opportunity to assure us that you won't cause any additional trouble again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It has been almost a full year since I was banned from the server and I am sure I have matured enough to handle myself properly. On top of that I know I keep saying it but I do well and truly mean that I am sorry to anyone I had hurt throughout the time I was on the server. I have learned that doing what I did back then is not funny and it can actually hurt people or cause staff to require taking action for what I have done.

QUESTION #5:  Please explain what you intend to do on our server to restore trust in you.
Aside from placing you in an observation period, we also want to see what actions you plan to take to regain our trust. It can be as simple as simply staying quiet for a while, and/or apologizing to people you might have killed or harmed, and/or assisting with major projects. Here is an excellent opportunity to formally apologize, but be sure not to ruin an apology for disruption with a disruptive apology..

----------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on apologizing to all of the people I had made upset. I will do random and possibly even pointless community services around the server where needed. I will also be sure to do my best in helping new players learn the ropes of the server after I regain mine.

QUESTION #6: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft, or your involvement in our server.
If you intend to return, you will have to start from scratch.  You will need to restate random facts, plus five more for safe measure.  Be very sure to exclude Minecraft facts, server facts, and pointless intangible facts (ie, "I am a nice guy").

----------------------------------------------------------------

1) I plan on going into game design and following in the footsteps of many great programmers.

2) I enjoy listening to music especially when it comes to the remix genre labeled as "Nightcore."

3) I enjoy drawing in my spare time no matter how pointless it may be.

4) I love watching youtube videos and have even made some of my own.

5) I am always interested in getting a new watch and currently own a Samsung brand smart watch.

6) Some of my favorite foods include but are not limited to: Pizza(Pepperoni/Meat Lovers), Tacos, and Eggs!

7) I am an excellent programmer and have made a few games on my own using my talents.

Cool I am easily able to pick up on or learn new mechanics to any video game no matter how game changing it may be.

9) I take great interest in what society today has labeled as logical paradoxes.

10) I enjoy spending time with my family where possible and have a fascination for looking at the night sky.


QUESTION #7: Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.
We want to see if there's any possible historical precedent for your actions.  You're free to reference one or two issues from prior Gulliver/Minecraft servers if you have to, including our own, but personal defects take priority as far as gauging who you say you are, and why it is that you do what you do.  

1) I have always had a very high dislike of bees and most other insects with some sort of wings.

2) I have always had arachnophobia and am still struggling to get rid of it to this day.

3) I can easily get upset over most things though I have learned to control this defect of mine.

4) I tend to get hungry very fast which means I eat a bit too much and it can sometimes be an issue.

5) I am not very skilled with grammar and in some cases spelling despite how smart I may make myself out to be.

QUESTION #8:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.
Now we get to the acknowledgements portion of the unbanning application.  These are not only here to ensure you're still awake and are carefully reading instructions, but they're also here to help you take ownership of your actions going forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I do very well acknowledge why I was banned and will still be ok if I do not get accepted back into the server.

QUESTION #9:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully read through your unbanning application review, and will listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Feedback stage.
Collecting feedback from players and staff is critical to the unbanning process, as it makes the act of unbanning a "communal" effort rather than simply a wild whim of the Staff Member reviewing this application.  In this way, we all share the pride (or the risk) of unbanning you, and also broadcast the need to keep you monitored as often as possible.  During this process, you will be allowed to answer questions if you are asked any, but as a matter of principle neither you nor your "friends" must interfere, influence or disrupt the process in any way.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have reread all of this and I do acknowledge the the aforementioned statement above.

QUESTION #10:  Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and that this will motivate you to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.
A personal assurance that you will do your best to become a well-behaved member of our server will go a long way towards demonstrating your resolve, on top of all the effort you've done in filling out this unbanning application up to this point. After all, talk is cheap, but actions are not.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have actually put in a decent amount of effort into this and I would well and truly fell very bad if my almost a years worth of hard work went to waste on my own carelessness.

Conclusion: I can't say this enough guys and ladies but i truly am very, very sorry about everything I did and can't say sorry enough to cover how I feel as every time I just think about this server or do work on this application I break down in tears at the thought of what I did or may have done. Sad  Sad  Sad
Hello CreativeBrain10,

It has been a very long time since I’ve heard something from you and I must say I’m actually surprised that you did decide to post a unbanning application. At first look the application looks nice from the outside. However I will be going in depth in both the reasons for your ban, and this application.

Hannah wrote:Creative has been tempbanned for the following reasons:

-Disrespecting Staff
-Ignoring instructions from Staff
-Disrespecting players by Spamming in the chat
-Killing players without their consent
-Insulting builds eg Spooks Dungeons
-Keeps staff on edge by constantly "joking" about cheating and using mods to give him an unfair advantage over his fellow players.

This violates:

NOVICES CREED -
Responsibility 3. Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any.

Responsibility 4. Please refrain from asking players and Staff non¬stop questions that can be construed as annoying.

Responsibility 10. Please refrain from frequent and blatant acts of vigilantism against offending players.  Record useful evidence of crimes being perpetruated, and inform the authorities if you wish to help.

Responsibility 20. Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid¬back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun.

VETERANS CREED -
Responsibility 3. Please do not take for granted the trust the Staff has placed on you – continue to obey and respect the rules, and avoid any actions against them, either in¬game or off, that may be interpreted as manipulative, coercive, or of a threatening or harassing nature.

Responsibility 5. Please refrain from excessive bragging, condescension, bullying or other acts meant to show your dominance over other players; this is childish and punishable by the Staff if it gets out of hand

This means this is a temporary ban and you’ve could have started your parole much earlier. Anyway I’ll be commenting on your different answers now.

You stated your username and the origins as stated in question 1, however I have to make this point: if you had been “smart”, would you have tried so hard to court danger and get banned?

Your next answer is about the crimes you have committed. As posted above, we had already detailed the reasons why we have banned you, so unlike other parole applicants you had an opportunity to use this as a reference. This makes it seem like you have not given much thought to the crimes committed at all; however, your ban is also a year old so it's possible you have truly forgotten some facts.

The next answer you give is very very small. Again, we had already listed out the different responsibilities infringed upon, and you could just have easily copy-and-pasted that here -- instead, you seem convinced that you only broke one such responsibility. This gives me an impression that you have not done much research about your ban, or that you don't take what you did very seriously.

The next answer is decent. It has been a year, and I think you might have matured some.

The next answer would have been a perfect opportunity for you to apologize to not only myself but the other players as well. I hope that if you do get unbanned you will apologize to the many different players. I will note that it’s good that you mentioned you will relearn your ropes if you return.

Your random facts are good… However this one smiley (possible accident) tells me you may have not done a second check on your unbanning application. Bear in mind that right now we're not in a smiling mood.

The next question about your defects seem fair enough, and you noted a few that could be tied to why committed these crimes.

The next answer is a bit short, but good enough.

You accept the feedback stage.

And here we are at the end of your unbanning review. I will give you a period of twp days to provide your response to my review -- this is not a chance to repost your application, simply to reply to the points I made above, if you have no such response, you can simply state that in your post. once we pass this stage, then I will open this up to user feedback so all interested players can express their own thoughts about your unbanning application.

If you fail to reply within 2 days and without a proper reason, I will terminate the unbanning process and renew your ban.

That is all for now, good luck.

Thanks for replying to my unbanning application and I do in fact have some thing to say about this;

1 ) Yeah maybe I should have went more specific and said book smart...

2 ) I am on the same boat here in that I should have done more research before I continued considering that I had lost my knowledge on what I had done.

3 ) Yet again I did in fat forget to research this and was instead trying to do it off the top of my head which was not a very good idea on my part...

4 ) I don't have anyone who could really vouch for me here but yes I do believe I have.

5 ) I felt as though it would be a better idea to do the apologizing in person so that it would seem a bit more authentic which I now see a minor flaw in.

6 ) I do agree that I should have reread it and revised it before I posted it though what I will say is that the smiley is in fact an accident caused by me forgetting about them while I was typing the application in a text document.

7 ) I appreciate you looking over this as well as possibly finding it useful.

8 ) I was never good at making sentences go on for long without rambling about random things that have nothing to do with the topic.

9) Acceptance is the first stage for forgiveness.

10 ) Hopefully this is good enough and I am accepted back in not as a friend or a recognized player though but as just some random server member this way we can start a new...

Thank you for your well on time reply Creative.

I will now open the feedback stage where both staff and players can give their thoughts on Creative and decide if he should be allowed back, allowed back with limitations or face a renewing of the ban. This stage will be open till tuesday the 12th of July, the same day I will make my final decision.

_________________
Because everyone is doing it



[/b]
avatar
Spookster

Posts : 562
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 17
Location : Netherlands

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by TGG_Triston on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Well all he ever did was cause chaos and argue, so personally i think he shouldn't be allowed back on the server.

TGG_Triston

Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-07-23
Age : 18
Location : Teh Moon

RP Character Sheet
Name: Triston
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by Ciabatta on Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:43 pm

A few technical notes to make..

- The application is formatted in a way that makes it very difficult to read and extrapolate answer from question... this makes his response look larger than it actually is, but it also gives me a mild headache looking at it.  Considering this is a very important document and he had plenty of time to post this, he should have spent more time improving the presentation and readability.

- I get that not everyone here feels the need to research... even so, given the complete disregard for the general peace he caused while being a player, it is very troubling to see that he still disregards something, even if it happens to be a little research.

- The above issue is further compounded by the carpet "sorry" he posted regarding any other responsibilities he infringed upon -- this paints the picture of someone who either mentally can't process that he did something wrong, or simply can't be bothered spending too much time reading through the creed or writing this application.

- If he took the time to review other unbanning applications, he will note that others have apologized to specific individuals they harmed.  Doing so "later" implies that he is absolutely sure that he will be accepted back in; at the very least this is a mildly-arrogant assumption, and at worse it's a means to use a much-needed apology as a kind of bargaining chip (as in "let me back in, or I will never properly apologize").

- He says "ladies" but not "gentlemen", so that's a small afront to all the poor guys here, as if there aren't any respectable ones in the audience. Razz

- He says sorry a lot in this application, but certainly design choices and particular word selections in his follow-ups seem to give off a slightly insincere and sarcastic air at worst, half-heartedness at best.  It's just like I say... a mature person doesn't need to say he/she is mature, but only needs to act it... and using that logic, there isn't a whole lot on here that signifies he's fully sorry about hurting his peers.  Maybe it's because of his bad writing skills he admitted to in question 7.5, but then that's more of an incentive for him to do something about it.

And finally, on a personal note...

- His chronic hunger seems to indicate to me that he is experiencing a blood-sugar problem, which in turn can affect his chronic anger issue (consider it being "hangry") and grammar issue.  That's a personal recommendation to have that checked out and see if a diet modification is in order -- that might benefit him personally in the future.
avatar
Ciabatta
Admin

Posts : 3884
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 26
Location : On the road

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

View user profile http://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by Spookster on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:22 pm

I want to thank everyone who has posted feedback, I've also gotten some opinions in private chats.

The feedback here and the private chat opinions all feel like Creative should not be allowed back on the server. This will also be my final decision.

Creative will be permanently banned with no parole

_________________
Because everyone is doing it



[/b]
avatar
Spookster

Posts : 562
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 17
Location : Netherlands

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum