Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Share your animations! - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Share your animations! - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Share your animations! - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Share your animations! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Share your animations! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Share your animations! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Share your animations! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Share your animations! - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Share your animations! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Share your animations!

+11
Ishida
Turn999
Iceman13590
Flammole
Ciabatta
The_Glitch
Trializ
lizeli9
BurgerWarrior
ShadowScale
Cykrion
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Share your animations! - Page 2 Empty Re: Share your animations!

Post by BurgerWarrior Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:52 pm

That was the main point I was hoping for criticism on (since, in general, my walking animation cycles tend to suck), so thanks for the help! I'll see about doing all that. (On the side I tried the 'copying the movement IRL' before, just a tad tricky to figure out how much of everything is moving when you can't see yourself... sometime I'm gonna need to get a big mirror XP )
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:31 pm

BurgerWarriorThat was the main point I was hoping for criticism on (since, in general, my walking animation cycles tend to suck), so thanks for the help! I'll see about doing all that. (On the side I tried the 'copying the movement IRL' before, just a tad tricky to figure out how much of everything is moving when you can't see yourself... sometime I'm gonna need to get a big mirror XP )

If you struggle with walk cycles, a technique (if your program uses keyframes anyways) I learned in the middle of making my last main animation (hence why it starts to look better after halfway through xD) makes it much easier to animate.

Take an image of a walk cycle (Ive given a good one below) and match the 1st pose with your model, and create a keyframe, then match the model with the 2nd pose in the walk cycle and create a keyframe while moving it forward a bit. Keep repeating this and you'll have a nice looking walk cycle without too much effort =]

If this walk isnt your type, search for another, there's loads, but this one in particular shows the waist arching upwards when the foot lifts and also when the feet should touch the floor, which is really important.

Share your animations! - Page 2 1232100_orig
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Turn999 Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Hey I have sfm too ^^ but I didn't use dit yet still a noob in it XD
Turn999
Turn999

RP Character Sheet
Name: Turn (nickname Timon)
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Glitch Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Just a quickie Very Happy (You may have to go to youtube to see)
The_Glitch
The_Glitch

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Fiery
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Turn999 Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:51 pm

lol a smile XD
Turn999
Turn999

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Audrey wrote:

Oh god, its so fast it actually breaks the video for me so I cant replay it without refreshing.

Looking good though =] keep working at it, her face looks very natural in the speed that it moves
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Glitch Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:27 pm

ShadowScale wrote:
Audrey wrote:

Oh god, its so fast it actually breaks the video for me so I cant replay it without refreshing.

Looking good though =] keep working at it, her face looks very natural in the speed that it moves
The video brakes for me two...

Also thank you Very Happy
The_Glitch
The_Glitch

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Fiery
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Turn999 Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:40 am

I should really begin how to make an sfm than I can Show u something of it Very Happy
Turn999
Turn999

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:24 am

Turn999 wrote:I should really begin how to make an sfm than I can Show u something of it Very Happy

I'd definitely recommend watching Valve's official SFM tutorials on Youtube so you can get the hang of the interface. Re-creating it yourself (and maybe adding a few things to make it more... unique) might also help ^^

EDIT:

Also, a very good Garry's Mod animator just put up this tutorial for more cartoon-y styles of animation:

BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 pm

Well, double-posting is a horribly terrible crime, but alas, I have things to upload!

Critiquing is very much appreciated! (Though as it's a work in progress, I do have an idea of what's wrong, or at least that there are things wrong, so don't be too harsh... ;-; )
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Turn999 Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:45 am

I like it  it would be cool if you put some blood somewhere in the floor btw on they're that it Looks like they r really hurted but you can do those Little thinks later after you finished it ^^

PS: that spy is black ._.
Turn999
Turn999

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:02 pm

The walking is good now burger ^_^ the engie is alright now, and I love the spy's expression xP

I would say spy's arms are a bit stiff at the moment, he needs some movement in his wrists as it looks a little robotic at the moment, other than that its great =]
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:32 pm

Lookin' good, Burgy! I'd love to be able to do that kind of stuff with SFM... xD

Quick suggestion though. I'd make the Engineer slowly raise his gun, since right now it seems a bit snappy. Maybe try one of those first-person views that a lot of games use? The ones that are blurry, with a few blinks? It'd make it seem like he's struggling to shoot the Spy, instead of a simple dodge/miss. ^w^
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:39 pm

ShadowScale wrote:The walking is good now burger ^_^ the engie is alright now, and I love the spy's expression xP

I would say spy's arms are a bit stiff at the moment, he needs some movement in his wrists as it looks a little robotic at the moment, other than that its great =]

Hehe, thanks!

Yeah, I reviewed it and noticed that that was a bit of a problem. I'll work on that before I upload another version ^^

Flammole wrote:Lookin' good, Burgy! I'd love to be able to do that kind of stuff with SFM... xD

Quick suggestion though. I'd make the Engineer slowly raise his gun, since right now it seems a bit snappy. Maybe try one of those first-person views that a lot of games use? The ones that are blurry, with a few blinks? It'd make it seem like he's struggling to shoot the Spy, instead of a simple dodge/miss. ^w^

Heh, well, it isn't really that hard. You just have to work your way through about a dozen Youtube tutorials (both official and unofficial), and glance back at them every now and then... Razz

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that, but for the sake of just getting the project done as quickly as possible, not to mention showing that the engineer is a badass, I went for the quick-draw option. I might make a second, extended version with some actual dialogue (or just abandon this version and do that), and use that idea. Though currently I don't know how to do blurry vision and blinking ^^;

-----

Also, I took a break from that project temporarily (in between larger breaks from SFM entirely solely due to laziness) to bring you this... thing that I made almost entirely today. I'm not quuuuiiiiite happy with it just yet, so I thought I'd stick it up here for general thoughts from you people before I completely finalize things ^^

Enjoy!

BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:09 pm

Looking good burger =] though I would say your camera angles need work xP, the beginning was nice, but the way the camera spins around looks very odd.

Instead of using just one camera, have it switch to different ones. Hard to explain, but ill give an example: One place you could do it is at 0:08 have it instantly snap to the camera's position at 0:11 instead of it panning around.

Also when the spy goes to attack, its hard to see whats happening since the camera is too far away, id go for a 'medium' shot there, beign a little closer but still showing their whole bodies.

For future camera angles (or maybe you could change your existing ones) have a look at this article, it lists all the different types of shots films use with examples =]

http://www.empireonline.com/features/film-studies-101-camera-shots-styles/p1

(3 pages)

I know it may not seem that important, but camera angles can have a -massive- effect on your scene xP they give different feelings depending on which ones you use, and can tell the story through them.
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:50 pm

ShadowScale wrote:Looking good burger =] though I would say your camera angles need work xP, the beginning was nice, but the way the camera spins around looks very odd.

Instead of using just one camera, have it switch to different ones. Hard to explain, but ill give an example: One place you could do it is at 0:08 have it instantly snap to the camera's position at 0:11 instead of it panning around.

Also when the spy goes to attack, its hard to see whats happening since the camera is too far away, id go for a 'medium' shot there, beign a little closer but still showing their whole bodies.

For future camera angles (or maybe you could change your existing ones) have a look at this article, it lists all the different types of shots films use with examples =]

http://www.empireonline.com/features/film-studies-101-camera-shots-styles/p1

(3 pages)

I know it may not seem that important, but camera angles can have a -massive- effect on your scene xP they give different feelings depending on which ones you use, and can tell the story through them.

Yeah, I haven't put a lot of study into camera-ing things, even though I probably should, but I was trying to make this short one long shot. I've seen it done in a couple movies (typically Asian ones like 'The Good, the Bad, and the Weird'), and they tend to pull it off pretty well... one day I will unveil their secrets! XP

Anywho, thanks for the critiquing (though maybe I should just privately message my stuff to you in the future XD ).
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Nah post it on here =] you'll get constructive criticism from everyone, my own opinion by itself isn't valid xp what I dont like someone else may =] and they may spot things I didnt xP in most cases
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:44 pm

Well, so far you've been one of the most constructive critics Razz

Anywho, I think I've got just about all the scenes in 'Finish Him' down, so it's just a matter of polishing. Tell me what you think! ^^

BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:39 am

*Bump*? XP
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:57 am

Sorry for not answering, it looks good! I thought I didnt need to say it since I added the critiques before that, and youd corrected them =].

The only thing I would say is that I wish it was longer, or there was some sort of twist to it at the end, I always try and add some sort of twist to any animation im doing, makes it interesting =] got one planned for my current one im doing now.
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Oh, sorry, I just thought it got missed since other topics began to get really active just after I posted this XD

(...And you're basically the only person here who knows how all this works XP )

Soyeah I'll see about adding a bit more to that, though I don't know about twists for this particular short. I specifically made it to end with the spy getting off'd by the engineer Razz

BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Well, it's been a long while, but I decided to get some more animating done (I've made some between now and then, they're public on my youtube channel so you can go see them, if you want). I was asked by Shadow to make a video of the Team Fortress 2 Engineer playing his guitar, so... while it is short, and doesn't show much playing, it's there and I'm happy with it. Especially since I got it all done in just two days!

Giant Jumping

(I know the sentry's sounds are off - they should be lasting through the whole video, but several of the files glitched, I suppose. Anyway, that's hardly the point of the animation... just know that I tried! Razz )
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:56 am

Damn it! I was just getting into it and it ended xD nooo xD I was like "Whooooaaa..aww...."

Seriously though, that's really good! ^_^ it looks really natural, good amount of secondary motion on the head and face. The slight expression change really adds a lot, even if it's not that noticeable =P. I love the camera angles as well in this one ^_^

I particularly like how his fingers move to the music exactly, it really does look like he's playing it. You could have been lazy with it, but you didn't and I respect that =P

Only Criticism I have is that the guitar itself doesn't move at all, even though it's being held, and there would be shifting of weight, no matter how slight =] other than that, its brilliant ^_^ well done
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:06 am

oh, very nice (if tragically-brief) work, Burger! Very Happy
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:01 am

ShadowScale wrote:Damn it! I was just getting into it and it ended xD nooo xD I was like "Whooooaaa..aww...."

Seriously though, that's really good! ^_^ it looks really natural, good amount of secondary motion on the head and face. The slight expression change really adds a lot, even if it's not that noticeable =P. I love the camera angles as well in this one ^_^

I particularly like how his fingers move to the music exactly, it really does look like he's playing it. You could have been lazy with it, but you didn't and I respect that =P

Only Criticism I have is that the guitar itself doesn't move at all, even though it's being held, and there would be shifting of weight, no matter how slight =] other than that, its brilliant ^_^ well done

Thanks! Yeah, I was really satisfied with how the extra movement turned out, when I put most of my effort with lining up the fingers... though honestly, I'm not sure if he's plucking the right strings at all! Aw well Razz

Anyway, I got lazy with the guitar, since moving that meant re-positioning hands as well. So if that's all that went wrong... then mission accomplished!

Giant Spin

Ciabatta wrote:oh, very nice (if tragically-brief) work, Burger! Very Happy

Yeah, maybe I'll extend it, though I didn't want to try the Engineer actually strumming... that could have turned out awful o-o

Thanks for the comments, and I'll see if I can get more stuff done! ^^
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next