Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Trouble installing TabbyChat mod EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Trouble installing TabbyChat mod EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Trouble installing TabbyChat mod EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Trouble installing TabbyChat mod EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Trouble installing TabbyChat mod EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Trouble installing TabbyChat mod EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Trouble installing TabbyChat mod EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Trouble installing TabbyChat mod EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Trouble installing TabbyChat mod EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Trouble installing TabbyChat mod

2 posters

Go down

Trouble installing TabbyChat mod Empty Trouble installing TabbyChat mod

Post by TheInquisitiveMxEggsworth Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:45 pm

Hello, all! Having just been added to the whitelist, I'm really eager to have a look at the server through more than just the dynamic map feature (...tomorrow, since I have other things I need to attend to tonight).

Before I do, though, I'm afraid I've been struggling with the TabbyChat mod's installation; it seems like enough of a hassle to modify .json tags and make copies of my install folder, so on and so forth, but I'm not even entirely sure what order the mods need to go in within the FML/Gulliver json, what version of TabbyChat I'm expected to use (I presume the 1.6.4 version, but on the download page, it's just tagged "Standalone" as opposed to "Forge/ModLoader/Standalone")...Plus, when I try to install either version according to the instructions on the mod's page itself, the game throws an error on startup.

For the sake of brevity and brevity alone, I'll withhold error logs, et cetera until they're requested, and I'll stick with just asking: If it's at all convenient for anyone who happens to be reading through this, could I have a quick tutorial on which version of TabbyChat to install and how to install it without making Minecraft crash on startup?

(...Also, to any admins who happen to stumble upon this: I'm really hoping this is the right place to visit to ask for technical support. If it's not, let me know how I can get some assistance, and I'll be sure to correct my mistake ASAP!)
TheInquisitiveMxEggsworth

RP Character Sheet
Name: Mx. ??? Eggsworth (Eggy)
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Trouble installing TabbyChat mod Empty Re: Trouble installing TabbyChat mod

Post by Lomgren Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:17 am

Well, we actually don't require TabbyChat at this point, mainly due to it not being well supported for 1.6.4, so please don't feel that you need to install it to enjoy the server. I've had SOME success in installing it, but then it started causing problems where Minecraft wouldn't launch, and I never figured out why - I just stopped using it, and the issues went away. I recall having to reinstall Minecraft cleanly though.

And yes, this is the right place to ask for help.
Lomgren
Lomgren

RP Character Sheet
Name: Lomgren Smalls
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheInquisitiveMxEggsworth Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:24 am

Lomgren wrote:Well, we actually don't require TabbyChat at this point, mainly due to it not being well supported for 1.6.4, so please don't feel that you need to install it to enjoy the server.  I've had SOME success in installing it, but then it started causing problems where Minecraft wouldn't launch, and I never figured out why - I just stopped using it, and the issues went away.  I recall having to reinstall Minecraft cleanly though.

And yes, this is the right place to ask for help.

Ah, alright. I was a little worried, 'cuz the installation guide for the server recommended TabbyChat to avoid chat spam. Thanks for the response!

RP Character Sheet
Name: Mx. ??? Eggsworth (Eggy)
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down