Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Little blocks mod. EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Little blocks mod. EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Little blocks mod. EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Little blocks mod. EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Little blocks mod. EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Little blocks mod. EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Little blocks mod. EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Little blocks mod. EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Little blocks mod. EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Little blocks mod.

4 posters

Go down

Little blocks mod. Empty Little blocks mod.

Post by Sebastion Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Hey there, first off I'd like to say that I couldn't really find a template to write suggestion's in this thread, so I apologize in advance if this is written in an improper format.

Not to mention, sorry that I'm suggesting something after being in the server for such a short period of time. I don't mean to change the server or think it's lacking something, I just think this could be an small improvement for one of the best server's I've played on so far. I mean that, really. The community and functions are fantastic and unique.

I also apologize if you don't accept suggestion's from the main server.

The little blocks mod by VengeurK seems very interesting for the main big sister server. The building for tinies could be greatly improved, and would also allow regular size players to have tiny houses inside their regular size house, allowing tinies to live in the same way as in the x8 town.

This would also give more structural complexity and diversity in micropolis. In my opinion, this would be a great benefit to any players who play as a smaller player. It would also allow more complex designs with redstone, while also creating tiny secret areas for tiny players.

The mod is here, and it also works for 1.6.2

Sebastion

RP Character Sheet
Name: Sebastion
Personality Trait: Impulsive
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Little blocks mod. Empty Re: Little blocks mod.

Post by ShadowScale Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:04 pm

We have already considered adding this mod a long time ago.

Unfortunately, while little blocks does come with amazing possibilities and perks, it also come with quite heavy setbacks. Because of the way the mod is built, it uses 'little chunks' as they are called, to create a special area on the block to allow for more blocks to be placed there.

However, this is essentailly creating a tiny, vanilla minecraft chunk inside a one block space, which is fine for single player worlds, as not many are placed that often. Multiplayer however, would have hundreds of these chunks all around the world placed by almost every player, quickly creating lag for everyone among various other problems.

Back when I was on dravics, we used littleblocks and I saw these problems first-hand, so I know im not just blowing hot air xP (maybe about how the chunks actually work themselves, im not a modder) and we had to go mass deleting tons of littleblock chunks just to make the server playable again, without wiping the world.

Another reason for not having it, would just be that it would be another thing players have to download to get into the server. While this might not seem much to you, some players struggle even getting the normal gulliver to work, even though mion has an installer set up xD

But yeah, while I would absolutely love it to have that mod (I would make so many tiny houses xP) its really not worth potentially wrecking the server for. I hope this is informative enough to answer this suggestion =]
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastion Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:27 pm

That makes perfect sense, fair enough. Yes, this is informative enough indeed! Thank you for giving such a detailed response, it makes it a lot easier to understand. See you in game!

Sebastion

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:35 pm

SebastionThat makes perfect sense, fair enough. Yes, this is informative enough indeed! Thank you for giving such a detailed response, it makes it a lot easier to understand. See you in game!

Little blocks mod. Ny
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Hey all,

Shadow sums it up perfectly... granted Tarig points out that the lag issue is kinda resolved in later versions of Little Blocks, that really wouldn't help us here in version 1.6.2.  Not to mention that Big Sister is meant to be the "Stable" branch, and not amenable to changes that would dramatically impact compatibility with vanilla Minecraft.  When I imported the Dravics map, all the Little Chunks disappeared, leaving behind garrish and hideous landscapes where once there existed beautiful micro-cities... a testament to how ephemeral modded blocks can be.  ^^;

(Plus another programmer-player of ours has an interesting alternative that would offer lagless micro-housing, but it'll be a while before it can be realized, if at all.)  Razz

And now that we're on the subject of servers, I should point out that you posted this in the LIttle Brother Brainstorming subforum, rather than the Big Sister Idea Box subforum.  So suggesting this for the main server is a moot point since it's posted in the wrong section anyway, but all is not lost as you CAN in fact suggest LittleBlocks for a Little Brother flavor (and in fact, I'm kind of shocked and amazed no one has done so yet).  

Little Brother exists as our bleeding-edge test server, where we can test out exciting new technologies that would be impossible (or at least too risky) to incorporate into the "stable" Big Sister server.  ^^

And somehow I find this picture relevant... <3

Little blocks mod. Large
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastion Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:05 am

What a wonderful picture. c: Well, I apologize for posting this in the wrong section. I'll know from now on which ones to post in. Well then, I will suggest we have the little blocks mod as a part of the little brother server, that certainly would be interesting!

Sebastion

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:41 am

Cool bean, though Little Blocks by itself can't carry its own weight.  You might have to suggest it in conjunction with another cool mod or two.  ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastion Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:46 am

The Aether 2 mod would be interesting, although I don't know if that would be the best mod to use as it doesn't really match the little blocks mod too well. I know Aether 2 was suggested in the past, but I don't know if the vote was passed, if not, then that may work.

Sebastion

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:58 am

Ah, need to do more research my friend.  We did have Aether 2 in a prior flavor (March or April, I think), and it flopped terribly.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Turn999 Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:40 am

what we Need is a super Computer to runs Little blocks mod on multiplayer perfectly XD
Turn999
Turn999

RP Character Sheet
Name: Turn (nickname Timon)
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum