Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Races! (As in, species) EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Races! (As in, species) EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Races! (As in, species) EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Races! (As in, species) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Races! (As in, species) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Races! (As in, species) EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Races! (As in, species) EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Races! (As in, species) EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Races! (As in, species) EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Races! (As in, species)

+10
Drakenguard
Oblivire
Spookster
ShadowScale
invisibledragon
MoaOxii
Ciabatta
The_Glitch
Jams
BurgerWarrior
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Races! (As in, species) Empty Races! (As in, species)

Post by BurgerWarrior Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:57 pm

Since we've just about moved name coloring to FE, I was wondering if we could add races to the server, like on Dravic's server. Things like Pure Giant, Pure Tiny, Elves, Lizards, Fishmen, etc. etc...

Thoughts?
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Races! (As in, species) Empty Re: Races! (As in, species)

Post by Jams Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:40 pm

I like the idea, I Also have a few races but whether or not you want to hear them is the case. ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ/
Jams
Jams

RP Character Sheet
Name: Jammy
Personality Trait: Fiery
Character Description:

http://thistotallyexists.com/notreal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Glitch Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Oooh y- oh no i'm out of agreeing words
The_Glitch
The_Glitch

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Ooh! This was something Invisi mentioned to me the other day, but she was too shy to post about it here. SIlly filly, missed out on the opportunity to be credited for the idea. Razz

But yes, she actually suggested we use both the Vanilla teams to designate races, and the Forge Essentials teams to designate trades within those races. This way, we could take advantage of the /kit feature to offer different tangible benefits to being a specific race-trade.

The only real issue we have is purely technical, since I don't know how /kit works yet, and there is certainly the task of planning out the different races. I would hope we could have some very creative ones in there (ponies, anyone?). Razz

It's kind of a shame this isn't a Bukkit server, as we would probably have an easier time diversifying the different races and trades. Smile

Oh, and Jammy, of COURSE you can voice your opinions! In fact, it's almost your duty to. XD
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MoaOxii Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:41 am

*cough* Hylian *co _HICCUP!*

MoaOxii

RP Character Sheet
Name: Shulk
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibledragon Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:01 am

I wasn't shy I just forgot.

Anyway I was thinking that any kit items would have to be soul bound, unfortunately I don't know how it works. :/
invisibledragon
invisibledragon

RP Character Sheet
Name: Invisible Dragon
Personality Trait: Quiet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:46 am

Lol. Invisi. ^^

And Soul Bound? D:
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:56 am

Ciabatta wrote:Lol. Invisi.  ^^

And Soul Bound?  D:

Hehe, I forgot your not a gamer =P

Soulbound means that items are tied to a certain player, and can't be sold, traded or given to any other player or NPC or such.

It comes from MMO games like World of Warcraft =]

Races! (As in, species) NnKXi
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Ciabatta wrote:But yes, she actually suggested we use both the Vanilla teams to designate races, and the Forge Essentials teams to designate trades within those races.  This way, we could take advantage of the /kit feature to offer different tangible benefits to being a specific race-trade.

The only real issue we have is purely technical, since I don't know how /kit works yet, and there is certainly the task of planning out the different races.  I would hope we could have some very creative ones in there (ponies, anyone?).  Razz

It's kind of a shame this isn't a Bukkit server, as we would probably have an easier time diversifying the different races and trades.  Smile

Eh, I'm not sure how well trades would work, given that everyone tends to just do everything themselves except when it comes to community builds, and to my knowledge, just about every survival player has a full assortment of diamond tools...

Anywho, we can always have another topic (or use this one) to vote on races and discuss the pros and cons
 Giant Toss 
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jams Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:20 pm

Its kinda irrelevant but I'm a big fan of Skyrim, and the races play quite a big part in the game. Maybe we could base some of our races on those ones? x3
Jams
Jams

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Jammy wrote:Its kinda irrelevant but I'm a big fan of Skyrim, and the races play quite a big part in the game. Maybe we could base some of our races on those ones? x3

*cough* Argonian *cough* xP
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by MoaOxii Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:35 pm

ShadowScale wrote:
Jammy wrote:Its kinda irrelevant but I'm a big fan of Skyrim, and the races play quite a big part in the game. Maybe we could base some of our races on those ones? x3

*cough* Argonian *cough* xP

You forgot the Hi- *HICCUP*

MoaOxii

RP Character Sheet
Name: Shulk
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spookster Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:34 am

Races? does that mean species king  king  queens?  queen  War betweens races?

City only for a specific race?

Hehehe  Very Happy

Well maybe some scary race?
Spookster
Spookster
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:35 pm

...If any of you were on Dravic's server, you should not be asking any silly questions like this Razz

Races never actually affected anyone's skin (I distinctly remember SpeederTGS having a Spartan suit for a skin, but using the Feline race...), and I think I was the only one that ever bothered distinguishing anyone because of their chosen race. It's more like a set of permanent Blessings that have pros and cons, but don't disappear on death. And that change your scoreboard name color.
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Oblivire Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:13 am

The true amount of races are limited only by names and by what constant potion effects they are given. Basically, command blocks assigned you to a team. This team did not change your name color or where your score is on the leaderboard (Pretty sure it was a dummy team). There was then a piston clock based on a BUD switch that ran consistantly in the loaded chunks near spawn to constantly update the potion effects of each specific team. Pretty sure there were Argonian, Giant, Tiny, Deep Sea Creature(My favorite, forgot the real name), Elf, Feline, Wolf, Demon, and none. The problem is that piston clocks have been deemed a poor decision. I believe the races can and will still work with other methods, but I'm pretty sure you will lose them if you die. So there are a few options, some of which I have discussed with Shadow over steam. We could use the 5 minute clock, which is a clock based on the fact that minecraft drops despawn in exactly 5 minutes (My personal opinion is we should use this). It would require the potion effects have a 5-6 minute duration. This would cut down on lag. Another option would be to use extremely long duration potion effects and the removal of the other race effects. This is, I believe, how blessings currently work. Other options include different types of clocks(A BUD switch with hoppers or a minecart clock could be interesting), and potentially just a button you spawn on top of the gives you your race's effect. ...Anyways, it's possible, but doubtful it will act quite as nice as the constantly refreshing potion effects. Then again, I am biased. Thoughts?

Oblivire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:11 am

Oblivire wrote:The true amount of races are limited only by names and by what constant potion effects they are given.  Basically, command blocks assigned you to a team.  This team did not change your name color or where your score is on the leaderboard (Pretty sure it was a dummy team).  There was then a piston clock based on a BUD switch that ran consistantly in the loaded chunks near spawn to constantly update the potion effects of each specific team.  Pretty sure there were Argonian, Giant, Tiny, Deep Sea Creature(My favorite, forgot the real name), Elf, Feline, Wolf, Demon, and none.  The problem is that piston clocks have been deemed a poor decision.  I believe the races can and will still work with other methods, but I'm pretty sure you will lose them if you die.  So there are a few options, some of which I have discussed with Shadow over steam.  We could use the 5 minute clock, which is a clock based on the fact that minecraft drops despawn in exactly 5 minutes (My personal opinion is we should use this).  It would require the potion effects have a 5-6 minute duration.  This would cut down on lag.  Another option would be to use extremely long duration potion effects and the removal of the other race effects.  This is, I believe, how blessings currently work.  Other options include different types of clocks(A BUD switch with hoppers or a minecart clock could be interesting), and potentially just a button you spawn on top of the gives you your race's effect.  ...Anyways, it's possible, but doubtful it will act quite as nice as the constantly refreshing potion effects.  Then again, I am biased.  Thoughts?

No clocks.  ;3

Most of the issues have to do with the preservation of the continuous effect of the race traits,... you sacrifice server performance in order to maintain this effect infinitely on the player, including when they switch to a new race.  But this infinite effect is, quite frankly, just a luxury, and we're all about toughening it out here on Big Sister, so petty luxuries can and should be spat upon.  Wink

I mentioned this to Shad as well a few days ago, and I am of the belief that the infinite duration potion effect is probably the way to go.  Sure you lose it when you die, but we would compensate with race "embassies" littered all throughout the world where a player can recover their native buffs very easily.  Plus the effect would be all encompassing thanks to the command block dynamic of team identification (e.g., /effect @a[team=LittlePiggies] clear), so in theory any teammate in any part of the world can easily restore your native buffs if they happen to be in closer proximity to one of these embassies.

It's a bit more crude, but it will be very fair and functional (and above all, simple), and we can compensate with other team-specific perks that can be accessible to each race). [such as /kits, team specific teleports and stores, and so on]
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibledragon Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:19 am

Thanks for working out some possible options for us oblivire . I agree with the 5 minute clock sounds good.

Though also the spanning into a buttons sounds good as well and give us a reasons to create as sort of team house for each race Smile.
Though this might not work if people have there spawn set to a bed.
invisibledragon
invisibledragon

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibledragon Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:22 am

Dah i didn't see ciabatta's reply but yea embassies would be fun Smile
invisibledragon
invisibledragon

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakenguard Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Ooh. That's a pretty good idea.
Drakenguard
Drakenguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybershockk Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:19 pm

I hope races are acualy added soon, water breathing is going to be very useful for something I'm going to build in the future. As long as it isn't downvoted too much, they should be fine.
Cybershockk
Cybershockk

RP Character Sheet
Name: ???
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:55 pm

Cybershockk wrote:I hope races are acualy added soon, water breathing is going to be very useful for something I'm going to build in the future. As long as it isn't downvoted too much, they should be fine.

A blessing already gives you water breathing, but yeah suppose it would be nice all the time =]
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakenguard Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:12 am

With all these new cities popping up we could have races/classes with prefixes to show their allegiance/race to each corresponding city. It would really spice up the cities. For example my city is the high heavens, so the prefix would likely be Angel and the buff would be resistance or jump boost, idk. But if each city had their own thing it would really bring some variety Razz
Drakenguard
Drakenguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:54 am

Aye, that's a great idea. Smile

Although I think it's high-time we started having a thread dedicated to actually drafting out each proposed race/species/whatever, what their powers/kits will be, and where they'll be based out of (bearing in mind that I can import anything you guys need for this).

It'll make a lot more sense for us to figure out what to [technically] do, if conceptually we have it all mapped out properly. Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spookster Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:19 am

Drakenguard wrote:With all these new cities popping up we could have races/classes with prefixes to show their allegiance/race to each corresponding city. It would really spice up the cities. For example my city is the high heavens, so the prefix would likely be Angel and the buff would be resistance or jump boost, idk. But if each city had their own thing it would really bring some variety Razz

Im with drake's idea!  Very Happy 

(Still doesnt have a good resident number in his town  silent  )
Spookster
Spookster
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jams Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:35 pm

Agreed. Yet you would have to set a number of residents in the town to reach before starting a race, otherwise people will be creating rushed towns just to create their own race. (Eheh.. Not sure if that made sense..)
Jams
Jams

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum