Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Tree Felling Mod EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Tree Felling Mod EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Tree Felling Mod EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Tree Felling Mod EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Tree Felling Mod EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Tree Felling Mod EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Tree Felling Mod EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Tree Felling Mod EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Tree Felling Mod EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Tree Felling Mod

3 posters

Go down

Tree Felling Mod Empty Tree Felling Mod

Post by Sebastion Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Once again I have another suggestion for the server! This idea came to me as I was cutting down (And replanting) trees in a forest nearby the ranch I currently reside in. I noticed a few trees had been half destroyed, and and just left to float mid air as the top wood block was just out of chopping range.

I've always thought this looked rather ugly on many other servers that I've been on, especially when people build 1x1 towers on other servers to reach that top wood block. I haven't seen these towers on this server yet, but hey, they may be a few out there somewhere. I've searched up a simple mod that could prevent both half cut trees and dirt/cobble tree towers!

A tree felling mod, which destroys all wood blocks in the tree upon cutting down the single wooden block at the base of the tree! It doesn't change much else in the server, and I think it would be a great edition to help make the server forests cleaner!

It's a mod, not a plugin, and for 1.6.2 Multiplayer.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1009577-172-daftpvfs-mods-treecapitator-crystalwing-startinginv-floatingruins/

http://bspk.rs/MC/TreeCapitator_ML/index.html

There is this one too, but I don't know about it and is reliability as it's not too popular.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1219795-updated-162-treefeller-sspsmp/

Sebastion

RP Character Sheet
Name: Sebastion
Personality Trait: Impulsive
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Tree Felling Mod Empty Re: Tree Felling Mod

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:16 pm

Lol, so we all have to suffer because a few people are lazy?  Seems like a bit of reverse thinking if you ask me, almost like saying we should all put training wheels on our bikes because a few riders fall and leave their bikes on the road.

If we're to add another mod to big sister, its to represent a monumental paradigm shift in how we do gaming, so it has to count!
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastion Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:12 pm

I don't really see it as suffering. It would make the servers forests look a bit nicer. It would also make chopping trees a little easier for some, but I personally kind of like the traditional method more.

True though, if adding a mod is meant to be a big event, then this isn't too much of a big change, and it wouldn't really be worth it.

Sebastion

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:34 pm

SebastionI don't really see it as suffering. It would make the servers forests look a bit nicer. It would also make chopping trees a little easier for some, but I personally kind of like the traditional method more.

True though, if adding a mod is meant to be a big event, then this isn't too much of a big change, and it wouldn't really be worth it.

Well its more that, because its a mod and not a plugin, every single player on the server would have to download this mod just to be able to join the server, as it wont let you on without it, hence why its a big event. Like I said in my little blocks post, some players even struggle with just the base mod, let alone adding even more onto it.

All in all, its a lot of hassle for something that would only benefit players as a convenience and time saver, not really worth it. Its best if you keep your suggestions away from adding any external mods that require players to download and install them just to join, its a 95% chance that they wont be added to the server.

Tabbychat is a clientside mod, and adds a lot to RPs in the server, with its different chat channels. Thats the kind of mod we are looking for, ones that expand on existing mechanics we are already using and best of all, are -optional- to the player (its highly recommended that you use that particular one though xP)
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastion Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:58 pm

Makes sense. I'm aware of Tabbychat, and plan to download it soon. I wont suggest more mods unless it's highly beneficial, though it would be unlikely that I find another. xD

Sebastion

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down