Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Monster Island Reward Additions EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Monster Island Reward Additions EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Monster Island Reward Additions EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Monster Island Reward Additions EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Monster Island Reward Additions EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Monster Island Reward Additions EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Monster Island Reward Additions EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Monster Island Reward Additions EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Monster Island Reward Additions EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Monster Island Reward Additions

5 posters

Go down

Monster Island Reward Additions Empty Monster Island Reward Additions

Post by ShadowScale Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:11 pm

So I was thinking of ways to make rewards of players who explore monster island and survive there, to encourage more people to head over there, as its pretty underused at the moment.

Then I had the idea of 'Crystalized Elements' that can be placed at the end of dungeons and buildings, which, when the button is pressed in front of it, gives every player on the server a extremely long buff. This can be Speed, Haste, Strength etc.

These Crystals of power will be hard to get to, requiring you to fight past a ton of mobs to access it. Upon pressing the button, the buffs are granted and players are sent back to the spawn.

Normally buffs become infinite if you give too high of a duration, but, by testing it myself, if you give say, an 8 minute buff, which the server accepts without making it infinite, and then apply a high number like 5000 seconds, it makes the time the buff lasts up to 28 mins, which I think is a good enough time to encourage people to head there ^_^

This effect dispenser is not that difficult to exploit, as the effects are only temporary, so won't have long term effects on the server. However, they should be placed out the way or be protected in some way by walls as to not activate it without completing the 'dungeon'.

Lemme know what you think of this =] and also suggest your own ideas if you have any!
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Monster Island Reward Additions Empty Re: Monster Island Reward Additions

Post by ShadowScale Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Oh I just checked btw, veteran players have /back which they could spam in our to make it easier, so it would be unwise to give players physical items from this, as they could easily exploit buttons with it, by teleporting back and pressing it again, or if they die in some way.
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman13590 Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:57 pm

I think its a pretty good idea, but maybe the buffs could last one life so that once the player respawns if they want the buff they need to head back there. Also I think that items are a very cool idea (even though that wasn't the main point of your post), maybe you could make it so that there is a dispenser with 1-3 of the special item and every time someone presses that the server says a message like congrats on finding the item, and then you can keep track by seeing how many times the message displays to know how many times people got there or stole another one of the item. It would also alert when it is empty so it can be refilled. Those are just some of my ideas. I hope it works, because even if the buff wears off you can collect some more bragging rights.
Iceman13590
Iceman13590

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Iceman13590 wrote:I think its a pretty good idea, but maybe the buffs could last one life so that once the player respawns if they want the buff they need to head back there. Also I think that items are a very cool idea (even though that wasn't the main point of your post), maybe you could make it so that there is a dispenser with 1-3 of the special item and every time someone presses that the server says a message like congrats on finding the item, and then you can keep track by seeing how many times the message displays to know how many times people got there or stole another one of the item. It would also alert when it is empty so it can be refilled. Those are just some of my ideas. I hope it works, because even if the buff wears off you can collect some more bragging rights.

The thing is, it applies to everyone, so having that buff for one life makes it quite OP, since most people get it. And tbh, I REALLY dont want to hear people whining: "You killed me by accident and I lost my buff! Asshole!" Every 5 secs because of this system xP ive seen it in dravics server previously, it happens a lot =P

As for the items, its too hard to monitor that, as we'd have to be looking at it 24/7 to see that... in addition, it adds more weight onto the moderators to go and keep refilling these every single time someone completes it.
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Mmmm, I think its time to start brushing off the Scoreboard system... have it so that rewards or room access becomes available when someone kills enough critters or something.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:35 pm

Ciabatta wrote:Mmmm, I think its time to start brushing off the Scoreboard system... have it so that rewards or room access becomes available when someone kills enough critters or something.

ooh yeah ,that would be good if we can do something like that ^_^ I have no idea how you would use the scoreboard for that, im no good at things like that, but I guess now would be the time to learn xP
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:47 pm

I think I may have your answer!

Assuming you can edit a Mob Spawner to give mobs named items when spawned, or edit it so they rarely drop a specific item, have the mobs in Monster Island drop "keys" to the dungeons, or even an "Activation Item" for the crystals!

Use a normally unobtainable block, like 43 (double stone/sandstone/netherbrick slabs) or 125 (double wooden slabs) as the quest item. You probably don't even need names for them if you use these, but it's probably for the best so they don't get confused as to which keys go to what >w<

This sounds awfully easy, actually, so I'm probably missing some dreadfully important detail. Lemme know what you guys think! ^w^
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman13590 Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:58 am

ShadowScale wrote:
Iceman13590 wrote:I think its a pretty good idea, but maybe the buffs could last one life so that once the player respawns if they want the buff they need to head back there. Also I think that items are a very cool idea (even though that wasn't the main point of your post), maybe you could make it so that there is a dispenser with 1-3 of the special item and every time someone presses that the server says a message like congrats on finding the item, and then you can keep track by seeing how many times the message displays to know how many times people got there or stole another one of the item. It would also alert when it is empty so it can be refilled. Those are just some of my ideas. I hope it works, because even if the buff wears off you can collect some more bragging rights.

The thing is, it applies to everyone, so having that buff for one life makes it quite OP, since most people get it. And tbh, I REALLY dont want to hear people whining: "You killed me by accident and I lost my buff! Asshole!" Every 5 secs because of this system xP ive seen it in dravics server previously, it happens a lot =P

As for the items, its too hard to monitor that, as we'd have to be looking at it 24/7 to see that... in addition, it adds more weight onto the moderators to go and keep refilling these every single time someone completes it.
I understand Shadow, it would be a lot more excess work, I do like Cia's idea, so that there is a random chance to find weapons and so on and maybe you could make some items mob specific (like skeleton club a bone with knock back, or chicken's feet that are gold boots that give you feather falling) and a few off monster island just to make everything a little more exciting.
Iceman13590
Iceman13590

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:57 pm

So I was brainstorming ideas and testing things on the server, and Coco helped me come up with this idea instead:

we could edit the monster spawners so that the mobs have a -tiny- chance to spawn a 'Key' (Unique or unobtainable item) which players can then use to unlock the prize at the top of the dungeon.

This solves two problems:

1. Players can't speedrun the dungeon without killing mobs anymore, and must search the dungeon, killing as many as they can in order to find the key
  2. Players cant 'cheat' by finding an alternative route to the top or by using commands in some way, as the prize would still be locked

To prevent the use of commands to gather multiple versions of a prize, players would be transported to a small shaft upon giving the key to a hopper, and then quickly given the prize and teleported to another shaft via (pressure plate) which then sends the player to the spawn by the same method. This prevent use of /back, /home set, /tpa or any other commands that could be used to cheat the system as there would not be enough time to use them, and sending them through this system means /back sends them to the teleport to the spawn.

To do this I do need some guidance on how to change mob drop rates and item drops on mobs that spawn from a monster spawner, so if anyone could help with NBT tags that would be most appreciated =]

That is, if this idea is approved at all xP

ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spookster Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:12 pm

Shadow's quoted post:

Oh thats a great idea you could make lots of different Spawners around the dungeon with named mobs (Who are all different :3) who rarely drops a ticked (or a weapon maybe?) However the teleporting gets one problem namely the cooldown!

However isn't it possible with command blocks to trade the ticked into the prize itself? (Much like the ATM'S)
Spookster
Spookster
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:30 pm

That's kind of an offshoot of my earlier suggestion, so I'm all for that.  ^^

But as for whether the /sell command can work for NBT'd items, it may be possible if it uses a custom damage value indicator, but not for anything else sadly.  The /sell command is still tied to the 1.6.2 schema, and won't enjoy the same benefit of the enhanced /give command that Tarig made for us.  Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman13590 Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:11 pm

Good Idea Shadow, I like it and hope to see it up and running soon.
Iceman13590
Iceman13590

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Alright so earlier today I attempted to create a spawner with a custom item drop for the mobs that it spawns. Needless to say, I had trouble doing it for a number of reasons. One of which boggle me, as when I make changes to the spawner itself by adding new NBT tags to it, the changes do not save when existing the spawner by clicking 'save'.

Im currently going off this link as a guide:
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Chunk_format#Mobs

And also im spawning existing mobs, and copying the format they have there for item drops and such.

Posting here to ask for help from anyone who knows how to use these NBT tags to create custom spawners, rather than waiting till they are on the server for help. The goal is for mobs to hold an item like sponge, and then have a rare chance to drop them on death for players to pick up. If its possible for them to drop multiple things with different drop rates that would be more preferable =]

ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Just making sure you used this format... alsi, I typically edit the mob first, then make a copy of their data and paste it into the Spawndata compound of the spawner.

Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Ah I missed out the spawndata part, thanks for the heads up and the video, very helpful =].

I will try that tomorrow and if it works, ill set up some :cheeseislove: dropping mobs there and then post some suggestions here on Boss mobs that can be added and then you guys can give your feedback Applauding Monkey
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:06 am

Alright! So I got it working! ^_^ it spawns them with cheese and I can even do multiple drops, they don't have to equip it, it's perfect!

Im ready to start putting them in now, ill be doing so later today maybe =] But I still need suggestions on Boss mobs if you have any =] and the amount of cheese they should actually drop.
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down