Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Information Booths for Buildings and Areas EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Information Booths for Buildings and Areas EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Information Booths for Buildings and Areas EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Information Booths for Buildings and Areas EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Information Booths for Buildings and Areas EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Information Booths for Buildings and Areas EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Information Booths for Buildings and Areas EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Information Booths for Buildings and Areas EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Information Booths for Buildings and Areas EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Information Booths for Buildings and Areas

2 posters

Go down

Information Booths for Buildings and Areas Empty Information Booths for Buildings and Areas

Post by ShadowScale Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:35 pm

So, when a new player joins the server, they know nothing of the geography, or what any of the buildings purposes are or if they even have one in the first place, and I find myself directing them to the bank, shopping mall or TP Hub to find that they had already visited these places, but had no idea they functioned that way. Also a lot of the servers history gets lost to time and it would be nice to have a way of documenting this in-game somehow for people to see.

So I've come up with the idea of 'Information Booths' that are tiny (3 block) structures outside of buildings with a button on, that, when presssed, will use '/tell' to give a brief summary of what the building does (if it has a function), and maybe a bit of its history and any other details to it.

This way, players can give themselves a 'tour' of the server, and learn all about it and its features without ever asking someone at all. I feel as though it would be really helpful to both new and old players (with a bad memory, not naming names *cough*) and give some depth to the builds that people have put so much love into, so people can appreciate it more.

Anyways, that's the idea, if you have questions ask them below, and let me know what you think =]

Information Booths for Buildings and Areas Information%20kiosk%20with%20keyboard-digital%20signage-advertising%20display-clariview-advertising%20display-digital%20poster-interactive%20display

ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Information Booths for Buildings and Areas Empty Re: Information Booths for Buildings and Areas

Post by Ciabatta Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:34 am

Shad, go to bed! XD

But yeah, I kinda like that idea, tbh.  Smile

Might have to color code these booths based on function, but I can definitely see these being useful even for existing players, as I just had someone not know about flying bats the other day. D:
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Information Booths for Buildings and Areas Empty Re: Information Booths for Buildings and Areas

Post by ShadowScale Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:44 pm

I've gone ahead and implemented some already in Spawnington, for the bank, world tree, mall etc. But there are still some places that I myself dont know the history of. So if anyone knows of these places, can you post here and let me know so they can be added? =] give as much info as you can, no matter how small, dates and such are cool too ^_^

or if I've missed some places you think are important, please say what, and give some history that you know of it and I'll add them too!

Heres the list of what I need:
  • Spawnenburg
  • Little Nether
  • The lighthouse in Spawnington
  • The factory in Spawnington
  • Cay's Shop in Spawnington
  • Landfill
  • Monster Island (would like to know details ^_^)
  • Any towns that people own or know things about (Id be happy to put some history for your own)

and no I shan't go to bed Cia xP
THINGS MUST BE DONE and also...
Information Booths for Buildings and Areas Nottired
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:53 am

Hi Shad!

I can have a quick go at it, although you don't specify any text limits so watch out... XD

SPAWNENBURG: Ready to sail high winds across the distant corners of the world, the Spawnenburg is a luxury airship for any travelers not fond of the jarring affects of teleportation. Almost a city in itself (or at least once Cia finishes it), this airship contains all the amenities, including a five-star restaurant, ballroom, luxury suites, fitness room and cinema. Accomodations for Giants and Tinies are included (restrictions apply).

LITTLE NETHER: Founded by migrant Pigmen workers looking for a better life free of lava and ghasts, Little Nether has formed into a kind of cultural mecca of Spawnington. Filled with beautiful Netheresque architecture and tall Nether Mushrooms carefully cultivated from native Nether spores, this little piece of the Nether invigorates the Spawnington skylne and encourages inter-species trade and barter. There may be a small criminal element here and there, but nothing to worry about or see here... move along citizen... Razz

LIGHTHOUSE: Built by the great Drakenguard, this lighthouse originally lit the way for Villager shipping vessels that sailed... across... the very tiny lake.... Anyway, yeah, it had very little purpose then, and now that the city walls completely cut-off half the lake, it has even less purpose now, save as a nice tourist attraction for the Spawnington carnival and market.

FACTORY: The Ciaffa Factory is where our co-Owner, Ciabatta, manufactures evil bread [<=redundancy] for the purpose of total world domination. At least once it's actually complete, since budget constraints haven't allowed much in the way of equipment, furniture, or even floors!

CAY'S: The cutest and most vibrant shop in the city, Cay's is the place for sugar, spice and everything nice that's related to our Dear Leader, our Grand Owner Cay! Come here to buy everyone's favorite Cay Day celebration fireworks and treats! [note: 8x only; Cay's is not responsible for Normals and Tinies squashed by Cayfie herself or other other 8x customers). XD

LANDFILL: Spawnington's glorious landfill and Cia's de facto homeland, this is the place where everyone, Opped or not, dumps all their unwanted belongings for other players to claim as wonderful treasures. Anything inside the landfill can be taken and used, and yes that includes the spare cheese lying around! Just watch out for critters who've made a home here.

MONSTER ISLAND: A fiery hell on Earth that would make even the Nether envious, Monster Island is the homeland of all Overworld monsters, and a dangerous place full of brimstone, death pits, lava, deadlands, rotten woods and spider nests. Nether creatures trapped in the overworld find refuge here within the inviting heat of its many blazing volcanoes, and even Nether fortresses and the dreaded Dark Tower have been built here to make all the nether inhabitants feel right at home, intermingling and interbreeding with their Overworld counterparts. All foolish enough to head into Monster Island unprepared will be lucky to die only as silverfish food rather than something far far worse.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:05 am

Wow this is perfect! I really asked just for facts, but the way you've worded it is really nice and ill just copy and paste it instead ^_^

The word limit -should- be fine for this (I can fit in quite a lot) though the monster island one may be a little long xP ill cut it down anyways if so.

Many thanks ^_^ this is a massive help
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:32 am

You're welcome! ^^

And wow! Got a chance to check out your handiwork just now and I must say, it's awesome! Very much a wonderful touch to our tourist attractions. <3

I didn't see one for the class temple, though, but either I missed it or it's still in the works. ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:25 am

Ciabatta wrote:You're welcome!  ^^

And wow!  Got a chance to check out your handiwork just now and I must say, it's awesome!  Very much a wonderful touch to our tourist attractions. <3

I didn't see one for the class temple, though, but either I missed it or it's still in the works. ^^

Thank you very much ^-^ I'm glad you like them

I forgot about the Class Temple, and I've just added it, sorry ^_^'
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum