Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Old Unbanning Applications

+28
builderfish8
McSmithy
Haasman29
Minoriko
Turn999
Cordelia
FrutyLudy69
MoaOxii
Cykrion 2.0
StorySaysTruth
Jams
invisibledragon
Miisaka
kidbatJT
Chicago?
Flammole
BurgerWarrior
The_Glitch
Spookster
Mister_ee
Drakenguard
FluffyNyan
Dude1002746
SpeederTGS
BreakRoom
Ajjget
ShadowScale
Ciabatta
32 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 Empty Re: Old Unbanning Applications

Post by Minoriko Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Well, having read through some of the material on this inncident I have come with the following opinions:

Due to the very nature of the crime and exact methods in which he did them, as in, attempting to frame people straight away, shows a somewhat vile twist to his nature.

However even when ignoring the other problems and trouble he has caused plenty of faults can be found with the current application.

The main reason to return to the server is still 'Because my friends want me too'. Meaning that should either his friends or himself get bored and wish to move to a new server they are more than likely to commit crimes again as there would be no punishment, this time it would be for 'revenge'.

In addition, some of the other answers to his unbanning application tend to come across like a scooby do villain, 'And I would of gotten away with it too if it were not for my meddling brother!' etc.

In any case, it does seem as if he accepts little responsibility for said crimes, and I believe if his 'impulsive' mind is left unchecked, a similar event will occur at a later date.

While it may seem cruel, I think it would be prudent to bar access, at least for now.
Minoriko
Minoriko

RP Character Sheet
Name: Minoriko Chalisian
Personality Trait: Lazy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Well, I’ve got a few points of my own to contribute here, though Coco has made several already that I would like to reiterate and, if possible, expound upon.

Cordelia wrote:First off, let me state that I do not know Cykrion. I was not even on the server at the time this incident took place. I will not be able to do much judging of your Cykrion's character, since the only things I've seen him really say have been nonsense in the offtopic boards. Anything I say here will be primarily based on his unbanning application itself.

Honestly, my biggest concern is why you want to come back. You've stated that you feel most people on the server see you as a brat, but you mention that you're trying to prove yourself. But why? Why does it matter so much to you now? Apparently you didn't care when you committed your crime, so why the change of heart? I mean, you haven't been on this server in 6 months. Why do our opinions even matter anymore? Considering that you've been active on our forum still during the time of your ban as well as the fact that you started this process as soon as you were up for parole seems to suggest you're unable to move past our server.

I might just be being overcautious, but I can't help but feel a little wary with this. Something about the way you've worded your application feels forced, like someone muttering through gritted teeth. Not to mention that for a lot of these incidents, you seem to be pretty quick to push the blame off yourself. For example, in number 4, you state that you blame yourself for the incident in the final sentence. However, the entire paragraph talks mostly about your brother and Super. For number 7, it was “an accident”. For someone who admits their own guilt, you seem to like implying that it's the fault of others.

It’s been a long while, and even then, I don’t think I interacted with you, Cykrion, so I’ll be honest and say I don’t remember much about your character, or about the events right before your ban. However, I do trust Cia’s memory and opinions, and I do remember that you looked like a very nice guy before you let your jealousy - don’t try to kid yourself and try to put all the blame on your brother, even I was jealous of Miisaka for a time - get the better of you, and led you to commit your numerous crimes. Thus, seeing you try a nice-guy act again… and yet not entirely succeed in doing so, makes me awfully suspicious, to say the least.

Also, I would like to reiterate the general question of, ‘why do you want to come back?’ It’s one that clearly isn’t answered very well in your app, as your reasons are either moot, or come off as oddly clingy. Especially since, if you’re coming here to prove to us you’re a good guy, you’ve decided to… stay away from everybody, essentially. I can understand this, I suppose, but it also is counter-productive to joining the server, as for your ‘trial period’, per se, all you’ll be doing is using the server for a chat room, essentially. While this may eventually get our trust, I feel like volunteering to be around the structures, especially around Mii’s creations, would prove you’re not going to give into childish bouts of griefing again if allowed back into society. Confront your problems, don’t avoid them.

However, I would also like to add that, even if your reason to join wasn’t filled with more holes than swiss cheese, even if you aren’t trying to hide your ‘darker side’ so to speak again, and even if your self-imposed exile (after a six month ban, of all things) could have a chance to work, you’re still guilty of a large number of heinous crimes, and you’ve tried dishing out the blame to as many people as possible. Or else you’re extremely easily manipulated. Either way, you’re making yourself look much more like a serious risk than someone who could possibly be helped by being readmitted to our server. Not that you can’t be helped - I just don’t see how coming back just to exile yourself from society, continuing to put blame on others for your past crimes, will help you at all. You need real life help, not help from a video game community, no matter how mature or safe our server or any other is.

So, I’d rather you were not readmitted to the server, not at the moment, at least, as you should probably focus on fixing your personal problems, and become a more stable person. Then - and only then - you should (if you still wish to) reapply to be unbanned, and then I will reconsider my position. Good luck.
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:53 pm

FYI, players and staff will have until tonight, say 10:00 PM CST, to post feedback before I make my final determination.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Haasman29 Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:46 pm

In all honesty I think Cykrion should be given a chance to return to Big Sister. He has been very, very patient with the unbanning process and has shown to me that he does indeed have interest in returning.

My interpretation of his application would be he really does want to "prove himself" a better person from which got banned in early June. His persistence truly does mean something to me, he wants to return and improve our impression of him since his ban.

Perhaps some nostalgia influenced his persistence. Cykrion must want to relive "the old days" from when he was an active, rule-abiding, and respectable player. It would be only fair for us to give him another chance, and not just use our assumption of "he's likely to flunk up again" as our reason for keeping him banned.

I have to agree with Spook and Turn and all others who want him to return. Cykrion's learned his lesson, and he's willing to make up his flaws to us. It's time we gave him a chance.
Haasman29
Haasman29

RP Character Sheet
Name: Haas
Personality Trait: Aggressive
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:59 pm

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback. I will not be able to supply my Final Ruling tonight, but I have begun work on it, and I will attempt to do so within the next day or so.

I apologize in advance for any expectations that may not be realized in my ruling, but in the un-enviable position that I am, I must take much more into consideration than just issues of merit, patience and generosity. All that I can promise is that we take this very seriously and try to offer as close to a trial experience as possible -- regardless of the outcome, it cannot be said we didn't try to consider the request.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:12 am

Final Ruling

The feedback period is now over, and I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to share their thoughts on the assessment.  Your input was very valuable to me in looking at things differently, getting over hard decisions, and reminding me that, ultimately, a player selection has to be more than just my personal preference, or a personal preference of anyone else that doesn't consider the repercussions for all.  This is why the unbanning process MUST be a collaborative effort, giving all parties that will directly be affected by the unbanning (both players and staff) a chance to voice their opposition or support to someone who may or may not have the potential for positive change or harrowing wrong.  

Overall, I feel the Felon (hereafter restored to the name of Cykrion) received less support than he or anyone else expected for that matter.  It's hard to say if this was the result of a lack of true "friends" on the server, general apathy, being convinced by my assessment, or simply fear commenting on a matter and a person they know very little about, but it was very notable.  Mostly it was staff participating, some willing to toss Cykrion a bone for old time's sake, others more conscious of the problems and contradictions noted in his application.  While there were two unconditional voices of support from the player base, the arguments posited appeared largely based on idealism (the idea that everyone deserves a "second chance", despite this being technically a fourth chance), as well as an assumption that he has learned his lesson (which he hasn't), and an admiration for the patience and effort demonstrated during this unbanning process.  The last two are admirable traits for sure, but deceptive and disingenuous in the hands of a good manipulator who could use the long application to his advantage in typing up a dramatic narrative.  This is in large part why we're not that loose with our staff selection either -- people not willing to look deeper into the superficial facade of a cool lengthy app, or ask the right questions, are more likely to needlessly expose our server and its players to untold harm.

Does it make me look and sound cruel?  Yes it does, and that's a very common perception of me (being nasty, inflexible and cruel) over at the whitelist application threads.  But I'm not here to be loved, I'm here to run a server and an online community properly, even if that means running occasionally afoul with the more self-centered players.  And for every 50 players that may hate or despise me, there is at least one who will respect or appreciate this thankless and unenviable position, and will understand why certain decisions are made, however unpopular they seem.  It's my hope this ratio improves as people are inspired to change, become more proactive, and mature.  

In any case, with the exception of the 2-3 compassionate cries for mercy, there doesn't appear to be much presence of these so-called "friends" that he is lifting heaven and earth for, and biting down on his pride, in order to appease.  It is sad, albeit telling, that this is the first such unbanning application without such a credible outpouring of compassion, or with that deep level of understanding that can only come from players who truly miss a wayward comrade. But even without the expected support, the application itself fails in meeting the requirements.

On top of the more recent examples of anger and jealousy... On top of his willingness to offset blame to other people.... On top of his subtle contempt for the victims of his crime and the lack of interest in mending their broken trust in a manner of their choosing....  On top of his desire to offend us with a proposal of self-gratifing martyrdom, as if we were despicable-enough to accept such Draconian limitations on freedom of speech and movement.... On top of his overwhelmingly-mediocre and [I would argue] intentionally-unclear reasons for returning, still relying on the desires and impressions of others to warrant his actions.... On top of some admission of being easily swayed by the connivances of other people, which, when paired with the previous note, demonstrates a clear inability to think for himself.... On top of his willingness to intentionally obscure the motives for his crime.... On top of his repeated examples of not considering the well-being and personal privacy considerations of others...And on top of admitting to a cognitive disorder that would make playing on this server environment with such severe limitations unsafe....

...There are also the numerous technical faults in his application responses that betray either an inability to carefully read or take his time, or, by his own written admission, a lack of respect for the hard work and effort put into having this parole hearing conducted in a complete and fair manner to him.  For instance he never lists his IGN (an automatic failure on a normal application); and his last three answers to the mandatory acknowledgements are written in such a way as to seem correct and procedural to the untrained eye, but on closer inspection betrays a disdain for the seriousness of this process.  These questions are easy to reply to for a reason... like the cheese and quotation questions on our standard whitelist application, they are subtle gauges of one's commitment and willingness to reciprocate the amount of attention we give to them for their own work.  Failure to reciprocate our efforts with something as seemingly simple and mundane as forgetting one's name, and confounding it further by doing this multiple times throughout the rest of the application, will not endear us to the person's genuine intentions.

In his original application (which I conveniently linked to) he made mention of participating in many other servers, and that no doubt he's kept himself well occupied on these during the time of his 6-month ban.  When taking this and all these factors into consideration,  it would seem that Cykrion continues to see this all as one big game for him, and he is not above betraying my trust for a second (or more accurately, fourth) time by figuratively spitting on my face and hoping I'll believe that it's raining.  How can I in this position believe he will behave himself on our server if he cannot even behave himself in the unbanning application itself, despite plenty of time to do it properly, and plenty of so-called "friends" to help him draft a proper one?

As a wise player said recently... "trust is easily lost and hard to earn back".

While I could try to entertain some half measure of proposing a new "Felon" class for players with no rights or privileges, in a sense converting our dear server into a glorified chat room for these people, again I feel it goes contrary to the values of our Creed, and sets a dangerous precedent that can be just as troubling or destabilizing as any grief or theft could be.  Plus I don't feel that any player deserves to have this unique and distinctive rank to convey how "special" they are, however negative... it gives them too much credit, when the appropriate response is to simply not feed them the desired attention to begin with. Certainly under the modern application standards, indirectly influenced by Cykrion's crime, Cykrion himself would never be admissable as he does not demonstrate either the ability or desire to learn from his mistakes, control his anger, decide things for himself, ask others what they think rather than automatically assume an answer for them, or prevent disreputable non-players from accessing his Minecraft account.

It goes without saying, therefore, that based on all the above considerations, the negative assessment, the mostly negative feedback, and all the pecularities that have defined his crime, ban and unbanning, it is the judgement of this owner to deny Cykrion's unbanning application, with regret to the few people that this may dissapoint, as well as the time expended to monitor this case.  

If Cykrion is truly serious about making amends, he would be honest with us and recognize that he may not have our server's best interests in mind, at least in his current state.  It is my recommendation that he begin to rethink his interactions with people, including the reevaluation of what it means to be a friend.  He should consider looking into ways (nutritionally, therapeutically, etc) to address his social anxiety and anger, he should grow out of being self-centered, he should use his intelligence for a productive physical hobby or pastime, he should refrain from lying, he should accept personal responsibility, and above all else he should start thinking for himself.  

Cykrion, you need some change, but you can't find it here on a Gulliver server.  I'll give you one year to learn from this mistake and help yourself before you do something you'll truly regret in real life.  After that year of self-help and change you will probably lose interest in reapplying with us, but that will not be a tragedy for us either.  On the contrary, if through this loss we've inspired you to learn from your mistakes, change for the better and grow as a person, then that would be the best kind of amends you can offer us.  

This unbanning session is hereby adjourned.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:15 am

FrutyLudy69, we will begin your unbanning application next week, so heads up.

Thanks.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by FrutyLudy69 Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Understood Cia.

FrutyLudy69

RP Character Sheet
Name: Austin
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Okay, we're about to begin our next parole hearing, this time for one FruitLudy69 who was temp-banned in August 2014 for rampant stealing.  The details of the crime and ShadowScale's ruling on the matter can be read about here...

https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t346-fruityludy-ban-mass-iron-theft

The usual 6-month ban was reduced to two months on account of quickly admitting to the crime and good behavior thereafter; however, he has not returned to the server until now, 6 months later.  Given the extremely long delay, it begs the question whether FruitLudy was truly interested in returning, or perhaps misunderstood his sentence.  The latter may not be too difficult to imagine given he misinterpreted my request to post his statement of intent here in this thread as writing his own unbanning application, but we'll make it a point to look into the reasons for this.  At the very least his "unbanning application" helps us with interesting observations that we otherwise would not have asked about.  

In any case, since FruitLudy69, being a former server "criminal", cannot dictate the conditions of his review, the below is a customized unbanning application specifically prepared for him that he will write in lieu of his original submission. 

FruitLudy69 will have until January 27, 2015, 11:59:59 PM CST to complete the application.

We encourage him not to rush this application -- fill it out completely and carefully, and avoid spelling and grammar mistakes wherever possible, as this will be used to gauge the extent of your sincerity and determination. 

=============================================

QUESTION #1:  Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here.
This is a purely procedural question -- in this case, we see no reason to ask for its origin even if you hadn't already shared it with us.

QUESTION #2:  Please explain why you feel you can safely be unbanned from the Server.
You are free to recycle from your statement of intent and apology, as you do touch on reasons why you believe you have improved and why you presumably miss our server.  But you should place special emphasis on why you feel we've changed -- we know how we are, but we don't know for sure sure why you've lost the will to steal.

Please type your reply in no less than 90 words.

QUESTION #3:  Please explain what you intend to do on our server to restore trust in you.
Again, you are free to recycle material from the statement of intent, but bear in mind that despite your every effort, we are obliged to assume by default that you might not be entirely truthful.  While it is true that your average thief might not want to invest all this time and energy to infiltrate our server, that doesn't negate the reality that ambitious criminals may get a thrill from the challenge.  Ergo, you will need to be put under observation for an indeterminate amount of time.  

The only way to reduce that is with good behavior and a very modest approach to reintroducing yourself onto our server. While we don't expect to place heavy restrictions on movement or speech on you upon reintroduction of the server, we do expect that you will volunteer to take measures to reduce the risk of theft, such as avoiding the use of suspicously-worded responses, or continuing the practice of sharing your account with people we did not whitelist.

QUESTION #4: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft or your involvement in prior Gulliver servers.
You can use random facts from your original application, but you're encouraged to come up with new ones 

The answers should be in bullet format and in full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per defect.

QUESTION #5: Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.
You can recycle those already listed in your statement of intent.  You're also free to reference one or two issues from prior Gulliver/Minecraft servers, but it's really personal issues that interest us the most as far as gauging who you say you are.  For instance, do you suffer from Kleptomania in real life?

The answers should be in bullet format and in full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per defect.

QUESTION #6:  Please reread the Novice Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you likely failed to uphold after your massive stealing campaign.
The point here is to have you understand the infractions committed, and why that might seem like a problem for us since we put the onus of carrying out these responsibilities on the players themselves.  Failure to uphold our creeds, which we consider as a kind of "constitution" for our server, determines how unsuitable you would be playing here.  So long as you realize we have to supervise over 300 registered players, you will better understand why these seemingly-unfair precautions are required.

Please quote the full Responsibilities, including their numbers.

QUESTION #7:  Please describe what went on in your head when you decided to steal from so many players, why you opted to steal such a cheap base metal, and what was the expected outcome you were anticipating from your actions.
Considering you came off as a very kind, soft-spoken (if at times pushy) player, it still struck me as odd that you would betray our trust with this action, especially given how cheap and ubiqutious iron is to gather on this server.  We weren't so much shocked by the theft itself as rather astonished by the shear stupidity of it... that a person so intent on building his own town early on and doing so many things right would suddenly slap us in the proverbial face for the moral equivalent of stealing napkins from a restaurant.  This is something that needs consdierable explanation.

QUESTION #8:  Per your Statement of Intent, please clarify the portion where you discuss how our server is different from others.
We're particularly interested on the passage that you chose to highlight to the entire world proudly and prominently: that we have no protection at all.  I imagine the sounds of a fox smacking its lips and slobbering with the glee of impending prey as I read this, as if you're mainly interested in returning to steal something else.

QUESTION #9:  Per your Statement of Intent, why do you wish to return to our server 4-months after your 2-month ban duration, and after clearly stating that you will not be able to get on our server often due to work?
Given the time and expense it takes to a) process your parole hearing, and b) monitor your actions should you return to the server, it seems disingenious -- and, dare I say, selfish -- to ask to be unbanned if you don't even intend to play here often, or if you're not really interested in being here.  If you were truly sorry for your actions and didnt want to cause us additional harm, you would simply offer an apology and leave on good terms, rather than undergo this spectacle.

Please #10:  Since you used to share your account with another person, did this have anything to do with your theft, and can we continue to expect you to share your account?
As a matter of fact, we admonish players from sharing their server accounts with other people precisely because it allows un-verified individuals from accessing our server.  Some players have even been banned simply because they allowed less reputable friends or younger sibling enough access to disrupt the peace -- this is because we can't verify if the person is being truthful about the presence of another person, so we instead make it their responsibility to keep their accounts safe.

Please type your reply in no less than 60 words.

QUESTION #11:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.
Now we get to the acknowledgements portion of the unbanning application.  

Please submit a full sentence of no less than 15 words stating that you acknowledge the above statement.

QUESTION #12:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Assessment phase. 
Collecting feedback from players and staff is critical to the unbanning process, as it makes the act of unbanning a "communal" effort rather than simply a wild whim of the owner.  In this way, we all share the pride (or the risk) of unbanning you, and also broadcast the need to keep you monitored as often as possible.  During this process, you will be allowed to answer questions if you are asked any, but as a matter of principle you must not interfere, influence or disrupt the process in any way. 

Please submit a full sentence of no less than 15 words stating that you acknowledge the above statement.

QUESTION #13:  Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and will do your utmost to not let our efforts go in vain by pledging to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.
A personal assurance that you will do your best to become a well-behaved member of our server will go a long way towards demonstrating your resolve, on top of all the effort you've done in filling out this unbanning application. After all, talk is cheap, but actions are not.  

Thank you and good luck.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Old Unbanning Applications - Page 4 Empty Unbanniing Application

Post by FrutyLudy69 Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:34 am

FruityLudy69

QUESTION #2:  Please explain why you feel you can safely be unbanned from the Server.
I would Like to rejoin the server because I love the community, economy, and everyone who plays it. I have learned from my mistakes and I am also more mature then I was 6 months ago. When I was stealing all i thought about was trying to make my town better and nothing else about anyone’s homes or what they would think. I have absent from a computer for some time and all i could think about was after 2 months of being banned I wanted to come back. Now that I bought a computer I came to the forums to try to get back on right away. I again miss all the players on the server I would also love to meet new players as well. I love how there is just the survival experience of it all with only one mod in that doesn’t really change anything at all like other mod packs that are survival it chaotic and gets to complicated. I can reprove my self to everyone that I have changed and I will not make you deal with me again in this kind of manor. Sorry for all the trouble that I caused everyone on and out of the server and I again will promise that I will not do this again.

QUESTION #3:  Please explain what you intend to do on our server to restore trust in you.
To restore your trust in me will be a task that I will go after 100% because it is bad not to be trusted by anyone because you could end up all alone and no one will be there to help. I have matured to not steal on minecraft anymore and i will go out and get my own resources from now on or ask/buy/trade them off people. To help reestablish trust I will volunteer to help anyone with anything I will try to find someway to py everyone back that I stole from anyway that I can. I will be dedicating my time to the server as much as I have allot of. I also know that I will be watched by staff and other people on the server to make sure that i do not do anything wrong.

QUESTION #4: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft or your involvement in prior Gulliver servers.
You can use random facts from your original application, but you're encouraged to come up with new ones

I Have 3 Birds now and soon to be more and they are all being named after the Greek Gods and I hope to have a bird Mount Olympus.
I am now engaged to My fiance Mariah and the wedding will be in 4 months.
I have a new pig so now I have 2 pigs on male and one female soon to breed them for piglets.
I switched my degree into coding/programming which is harder then my last degree.
I have started to make some simple little plug ins for minecraft and I also use these for my projects to get my grade
I have joined multiple Bowling teams so I can bowl and get some new friends out in the world and also to have fun with everyone.
I have moved out of my old home to a brand new 2-story house with my fiance.
I have also joined my college's baseball team and we are doing well in our conditioning season.
I made the computer that I have now and it working beautifully.
I now have a job as an assistant at a programming company.
I can be on much more have got into my home and a new job so I can get on alot more then I did.

QUESTION #5: Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.
I am a person who does not fight back or argue at all like when someone hits me I do not say or do anything back at all and just puh it aside. SO people just keep pushing me around alot in my life.
I can sometimes can be pushy at time with out me even knowing and I hae worked on controlling my self with the problem but there is times that it slips out and I am sorry for me a little pushy on the server I have learned how to control my self more with it now.
I Have a floating knee cap and I will soon be getting surgery on it and it will make me not be able to get on for a little while and will have me in some pain so I wont be able to pay attenton on things very well for awhile.

QUESTION #6:  Please reread the Novice Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you likely failed to uphold after your massive stealing campaign.
1. Please read all Rights and Responsibilities.
2. Please be courteous to your fellow players on your server.
3.Please be courteous to Staff,and observe their instructions should they give you any.
5. Please refrain from asking players and Staff non-stop questions that can be construed as annoying.
8. Please refrain from stealing from another player's property.
9.Please refrain from breaking and entering into another player's home without their consent.

QUESTION #7:  Please describe what went on in your head when you decided to steal from so many players, why you opted to steal such a cheap base metal, and what was the expected outcome you were anticipating from your actions.
This is something that needs considerable explanation. What was going off in my head you ask when I was taking things from players that I cant quite remember but I think I have a good idea what  it was though. The message in my head was saying lets take the iron and be greedy and that I wont get caught doing it. But obliviously I was wrong and was caught. I understand on how stupid it was for taking such a cheap metal from players even though its everywhere in the world and can be easily obtained. I got the idea when i got my beacons and I just wanted to get all the effects from them as quick as possible but my mind got corrupted in a way that lead me to the path of losing your guys trust in me. I completely regret doing this and I just cant believe that I did.

QUESTION #8:  Per your Statement of Intent, please clarify the portion where you discuss how our server is different from others.
This server is really different from any other servers by a lot. Some examples are the community, spawn, and the dynamic map. To go in more explanation the community I know I have said many times the community is great but to add more detail is: that all the people who help out one another with anything they ask most of the times, the staff are helpful and very nice, and how the world is setup with spawn stretching to the maps. Second is the spawn, the worlds spawn in one of the most natural I have seen because you found a village and basically just decided to expand from it and continue to grow the village up to an awesome great standing. The dynamic map I have actually never even knew this was a thing until I joined the server and I think it is a very good tool to use to talk and see what everyone is doing. The ways I use the map is to see what biomes are around me and also I use it to chat to people when I cant get on minecraft at that moment or I can use my phone to talk with people with the dynamic map.

QUESTION #9:  Per your Statement of Intent, why do you wish to return to our server 4-months after your 2-month ban duration, and after clearly stating that you will not be able to get on our server often due to work?
This server is the one that I really like because of the little mods that are in the server because to me regular survival is just boring and survival with tons of mods cause way to many problems for me. The reason why I know decide to make an application because my computer actually broke a month in a half after I was banned. For me to rebuild my computer took awhile because of the cost of the computer and just actually putting it together. In the past week I have moved into my own house and figured out all the other plans in my personal life including my job. My job actually allows me to play during work when not needed and the hours I have are perfect for me being able to get on a lot more everyday. I think that is great because I really missed playing minecraft with my friends and other players that I meet. I am truly sorry for stealing all the items I took from the people who I stole from and to all the staff that was involved in the investigation of trying to catch me doing it with the evidence.  

Please #10:  Since you used to share your account with another person, did this have anything to do with your theft, and can we continue to expect you to share your account?
With me sharing my account with my ex girlfriend was not apart of the theft at all. She actually never  knew about it until my account was banned. I will not be sharing my account with anyone else again because I have recently done that with my friend and he decided to get himself in trouble on a technik server and he said he was done and I said alright and I told him I'm changing my account password and I did just that. I also understand that it is not right for other people to play on another account because they never made an application to even play on the server.

QUESTION #11:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgment rendered for your banning.
I completely understand the reasons behind and I respect all judgments and questions asked rendered from my banning.  

QUESTION #12:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Assessment phase.
I acknowledge that I will calmly and respectfully listen to all feedback and questions that is provided by any player and staff during the Assessment phase.

QUESTION #13:  Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and will do your utmost to not let our efforts go in vain by pledging to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.
I completely understand and respect the effort of this application. I will never let your actions of banning me go into vain because I completely understand why you did ban me because I know I did it on myself.

============================================
Thank you for taking your guy's time on reading this.

FrutyLudy69

RP Character Sheet
Name: Austin
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 am

FrutyLudy69 wrote:QUESTION #1:  Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here.
FruityLudy69

I would Like to rejoin the server because I love the community, economy, and everyone who plays it. I have learned from my mistakes and I am also more mature then I was 6 months ago. When I was stealing all i thought about was trying to make my town better and nothing else about anyone’s homes or what they would think. I have absent from a computer for some time and all i could think about was after 2 months of being banned I wanted to come back. Now that I bought a computer I came to the forums to try to get back on right away. I again miss all the players on the server I would also love to meet new players as well. I love how there is just the survival experience of it all with only one mod in that doesn’t really change anything at all like other mod packs that are survival it chaotic and gets to complicated. I can reprove my self to everyone that I have changed and I will not make you deal with me again in this kind of manor. Sorry for all the trouble that I caused everyone on and out of the server and I again will promise that I will not do this again.

To restore your trust in me will be a task that I will go after 100% because it is bad not to be trusted by anyone because you could end up all alone and no one will be there to help. I have matured to not steal on minecraft anymore and i will go out and get my own resources from now on or ask/buy/trade them off people. To help reestablish trust I will volunteer to help anyone with anything I will try to find someway to py everyone back that I stole from anyway that I can. I will be dedicating my time to the server as much as I have allot of. I also know that I will be watched by staff and other people on the server to make sure that i do not do anything wrong.

I Have 3 Birds now and soon to be more and they are all being named after the Greek Gods and I hope to have a bird Mount Olympus.
I am now engaged to My fiance Mariah and the wedding will be in 4 months.
I have a new pig so now I have 2 pigs on male and one female soon to breed them for piglets.
I switched my degree into coding/programming which is harder then my last degree.
I have started to make some simple little plug ins for minecraft and I also use these for my projects to get my grade
I have joined multiple Bowling teams so I can bowl and get some new friends out in the world and also to have fun with everyone.
I have moved out of my old home to a brand new 2-story house with my fiance.
I have also joined my college's baseball team and we are doing well in our conditioning season.
I made the computer that I have now and it working beautifully.
I now have a job as an assistant at a programming company.
I can be on much more have got into my home and a new job so I can get on alot more then I did.

I am a person who does not fight back or argue at all like when someone hits me I do not say or do anything back at all and just puh it aside. SO people just keep pushing me around alot in my life.
I can sometimes can be pushy at time with out me even knowing and I hae worked on controlling my self with the problem but there is times that it slips out and I am sorry for me a little pushy on the server I have learned how to control my self more with it now.
I Have a floating knee cap and I will soon be getting surgery on it and it will make me not be able to get on for a little while and will have me in some pain so I wont be able to pay attenton on things very well for awhile.

1. Please read all Rights and Responsibilities.
2. Please be courteous to your fellow players on your server.
3.Please be courteous to Staff,and observe their instructions should they give you any.
5. Please refrain from asking players and Staff non-stop questions that can be construed as annoying.
8. Please refrain from stealing from another player's property.
9.Please refrain from breaking and entering into another player's home without their consent.

This is something that needs considerable explanation. What was going off in my head you ask when I was taking things from players that I cant quite remember but I think I have a good idea what  it was though. The message in my head was saying lets take the iron and be greedy and that I wont get caught doing it. But obliviously I was wrong and was caught. I understand on how stupid it was for taking such a cheap metal from players even though its everywhere in the world and can be easily obtained. I got the idea when i got my beacons and I just wanted to get all the effects from them as quick as possible but my mind got corrupted in a way that lead me to the path of losing your guys trust in me. I completely regret doing this and I just cant believe that I did.

This server is really different from any other servers by a lot. Some examples are the community, spawn, and the dynamic map. To go in more explanation the community I know I have said many times the community is great but to add more detail is: that all the people who help out one another with anything they ask most of the times, the staff are helpful and very nice, and how the world is setup with spawn stretching to the maps. Second is the spawn, the worlds spawn in one of the most natural I have seen because you found a village and basically just decided to expand from it and continue to grow the village up to an awesome great standing. The dynamic map I have actually never even knew this was a thing until I joined the server and I think it is a very good tool to use to talk and see what everyone is doing. The ways I use the map is to see what biomes are around me and also I use it to chat to people when I cant get on minecraft at that moment or I can use my phone to talk with people with the dynamic map.

This server is the one that I really like because of the little mods that are in the server because to me regular survival is just boring and survival with tons of mods cause way to many problems for me. The reason why I know decide to make an application because my computer actually broke a month in a half after I was banned. For me to rebuild my computer took awhile because of the cost of the computer and just actually putting it together. In the past week I have moved into my own house and figured out all the other plans in my personal life including my job. My job actually allows me to play during work when not needed and the hours I have are perfect for me being able to get on a lot more everyday. I think that is great because I really missed playing minecraft with my friends and other players that I meet. I am truly sorry for stealing all the items I took from the people who I stole from and to all the staff that was involved in the investigation of trying to catch me doing it with the evidence.  

With me sharing my account with my ex girlfriend was not apart of the theft at all. She actually never  knew about it until my account was banned. I will not be sharing my account with anyone else again because I have recently done that with my friend and he decided to get himself in trouble on a technik server and he said he was done and I said alright and I told him I'm changing my account password and I did just that. I also understand that it is not right for other people to play on another account because they never made an application to even play on the server.

QUESTION #11:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgment rendered for your banning.
I completely understand the reasons behind and I respect all judgments and questions asked rendered from my banning.  

I acknowledge that I will calmly and respectfully listen to all feedback and questions that is provided by any player and staff during the Assessment phase.

I completely understand and respect the effort of this application. I will never let your actions of banning me go into vain because I completely understand why you did ban me because I know I did it on myself.

============================================
Thank you for taking your guy's time on reading this.

Unbanning application confirmed received prior to the deadline. At a quick glance it seems adequate, minus some spelling errors and notable omissions of information requested.

I will reflect these and more in my assessment. Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:30 am

Hello everyone,

Allow me the opportunity to conduct our latest parole hearing for one FruityLudy69, who was banned from the Big Sister server on August 11th, 2014 for a mass theft of base material, the details of which can be outlined here...

https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t346-fruityludy-ban-mass-iron-theft

Due to good cooperation, FruitLudy69 only received a 2 month sentence which he chose not to exercise -- however, the term was with parole, meaning he would have had to go through this same unbanning process in order to determine the viability of his return.  The eventual six months is closer to a standard permanent ban with parole, so we will see if that was enough time for FruitLudy69 to improve as a player we can trust with the safety and security of our server.

The unbanning application will be analyzed by me into a series of bullet points highlighting both exemplar cases of good behavior and understanding, as well as deficiencies in thought or concern for our well-being.  My final assessment is to be shared with all interested, parties on our forum, especially staff, who will have a period of 96 hours to provide thoughts and feedback.  I will then use any thoughts and feedback provided to determine the extent and severity of my final ruling.

FruitLudy69 may answer questions asked of him, but he must refrain from interfering or influencing opinion in any way, shape or form.

=====================================

BEGIN ASSESSMENT:

- FruitLudy69 has written the application well before the due date, but with many spelling and grammar anomalies, more than should have been allowed in such an important document. He does, at least, insert various apologies throughout the unbanning application.

- He correctly states his IGN.

- He has expressed a strong desire to return to the server.

- He proposes that he has "matured" a lot in a period of 6 months, although given he states in his profile that he is 18 years old, this comes off as a bit awkward.  On average, players explicitly talking about maturity tend to be 13 years old or less.

- Furthermore, there is no clear explanation of how or why he "matured" within the last 6 months, other than a vague attempt to state he simply missed us and will prove himself to us within the server.  However, we cannot wait for him to "reprove" himself there, it had to be NOW here during parole. 

- He continues to talk about "maturity" all the while writing awkwardly-sounding run-on sentences.  Since his answer to Question #2 did not answer the question properly, there is no context to the assertion that he has "matured" to not steal on Minecraft -- presumably he had no computer on which to play Minecraft and ween off his Kleptomania.  

- He asserts wanting to repay back his victims, but there is little indication he remembers who these people were enough to be able to do this.

- He awkwardly states dedicating his time to the server, even though later he admits to the contrary -- but this could be a misunderstanding caused by the poor spelling and grammar.

- He recognizes that he will be under heavy surveillance.

- Many of his facts, while interesting and clever, seem strongly at odds with his age or his level of spelling/grammar accumen.  Either he is not being truthful, English is not his primary language, or he does not believe we deserve a properly-legible document.

- Assuming he truly is going to get married in 4 months, has a new job, takes care of pigs, plays multiple sports and is now taking much harder college courses, it would seem counterproductive to be spending time playing on a server he is not welcomed in, rather than simply focusing his attention on improving his efforts with these real-life responsibilities.

- For Question #5, he failed to red the instructions and listed three rather than 5 defects.  On top of that, these are written as horrific run-on sentences with terrible spelling and grammar.

- He states that he does not fight back or argue, and allows himself to be pushed around a lot, and yet he immediately contradicts this by saying he is a very pushy person.

- His knee surgery statement adds another reason NOT to return to our server, plus it directly contradicts his previous assertion that he will have much time to devote to our server.

- He correctly lists all the Responsibilities he reneged on, including their ID numbers.

- He guesses that his motivation for committing such a senseless theft was absent-minded greed which, while written unconvincingly, does coincide with his personality on display thus far.  It certainly contradicts his earlier assertion that he "learned his lesson", when he does not have any recollection of what that lesson may have been.  So long as he is himself unsure why he committed the crime, there is little incentive for us to believe he has improved or "matured". 

- He has twice mentioned impatience as another motivation for committing the crime, as he wanted to improve his town "as quickly as possible".  Rather than asking for help (which he did have a lot of, I recall -- in fact, I helped him clear huge tracts of land), or selling his huge bushels of wheat for money (possible in neighboring Lon Lon Ranch, he instead chose to do something unproductive instead.  Given how hastily and poorly written his replies are, and the fact he left behind some instructions mixed in with his reply, it can be said he still has some lingering impatience.

- In Question #8, the original instructions specifically asked him to address the following:

"We're particularly interested on the passage that you chose to highlight to the entire world proudly and prominently: that we have no protection at all.  I imagine the sounds of a fox smacking its lips and slobbering with the glee of impending prey as I read this, as if you're mainly interested in returning to steal something else."

As it turns out, he completely and utterly avoided this and talked about his own impressions of the server, and this is not an acceptable answer.  Either he did not read instructions or he is willfully avoiding addressing that very obvious Freudian Slip that thinly disguised his kleptomania.

- He once again states that he did not return after two months due to a computer malfunction; however, if he truly missed us as he states he does, he would have at least contacted us via the forum to signify his delay and his intention to produce an unbanning application once his full computing capabilties were restored.  The callous disregard contradicts his assertion that he missed his "friends" and other players, as it would not have been necessary to play Minecraft in order to keep in touch with them.

- He admits to having problems sharing accounts even after the incident, having gotten into trouble on a Technic server presumably due to the actions of his friend.  On top of that, the new Technic server fact directly contradicts his earlier assertion that he did not have a functioning computer with which to return to our server, or forum, during the last 6 months of absence and "missing" us.  A better and simpler scenario is that he simply got caught and banned in his new stealing grounds on the Technic server, and wants to see if he can return to an old stealing ground to relive more kleptomanic adventures.

- For Question #11, he acknowledges the statement.

- For Question #12, he acknowledges the statement.

- For Question #13, he acknowledges the statement.

END ASSESSMENT

=====================================

We will now adjourn for today, and allow interested parties (including staff) to provide thoughts and feedback on the assessment above.  Again, this will be used to shape the extent and severity of my final ruling, and I will wait a period of 96 hours or more to collect enough feedback.  

As a reminder, FruitLudy69 may answer questions asked of him, but he must refrain from interfering or influencing opinion in any way, shape or form.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:49 pm

I'll give this until end of day tomorrow, February 4th, to collect feedback.  Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:34 am

The Feedback period is over, and I'm surprised to see no contributions submitted.  Absent any public interest to see FruitLudy69, I will have to rely on my review of his application to make my final determination.

Look for this to be submitted within the next two days.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:48 pm

Final Ruling

This is the first time in the history of our unbanning thread that a person has received zero feedback from a player or staff member, even at my constant insistence.  There was simply ZERO interest in offering a word of encouragement or defense on behalf of FrutyLudy69, unlike was the case with Cykrion who at least received a little support.  Although he ultimately failed his unbanning, I felt it prudent to carefully and cautiously explain my reasoning, else people started thinking their opinions didn't matter.

In this case, I don't even have that to fall back on... and absent any feedback or discussion, all I can use to form the basis of my ruling is my assessment, which is obviously not very forgiving.  FrutyLudy69's application, while not missing key components such as in Cykrion's, is horribly written with terrible mispellings and grammar issues, inconsistencies, contradictions, very notable omissions, and is overall plagued with an underlying disinterest.  Aside from simply behaving nicely, FrutyLudy69 simply did not demonstrate even a little interest in returning... otherwise, he would have lifted heaven and earth to write the best unbanning application possible, ensuring it was free of any of the myriad common issues that get normal players rejected from the whitelist threads.

Even IF this were not an issue -- and even IF I believed he were an 18-year old marine biologist prodigy with advanced college classes, a full-time jobs, countless hobbies, a marriage in a few months, and awaiting surgery to boot -- I am left with the impression that he simply should not be on our server for his own good.  He should be putting his focus on real life responsibilities, not a Minecraft server he can barely play responsibly on.  The way I see it, we're doing him a huge favor by letting him focus on his upcoming wedding -- it'll be better for him to ensure he starts his next stage in his life properly, and it's better for us as we don't have to waste our time supervising him.  A true win-win if I ever saw one.

So based solely on my own judgement and interpretation, including the negative assessment and the peculiar circumstances of the crime, his return, and his real life situation,  it is the judgement of this owner to deny FrutyLudy69's unbanning application with no regret.  I will also add that I don't feel it prudent to offer him an additional chance for parole, as I feel FrutyLudy69 is not properly grasping the concept of prioritization... he is asked to focus on his real-life responsibilities, or at least turn to other Minecraft servers that are less considerate of his needs.

I will offer one small suggestion... make sure to keep your kleptomania to the game world only.  No one likes a thief, not even a virtual one, and you should be lucky you're only permanently-banned here and not in jail.  Accept your losses, learn from them, and try to do a better job the next time you share a recreational activity with other people.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

This unbanning session is hereby adjourned.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by McSmithy Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Well...This Is Gonna Be Awkward. Let Me Explain Why I'm Here Before You Start Forming Any Opinions. 3 Months Ago I Met A Guy Named MCSmith And He Seemed Pretty Cool. We Hung Out And He Told Me About A Bunch Of Stuff And We Became Friends. I Heard He Was Trying For This Server And I Was Like Woah I Remember That Server. Then I Decided To Get On The Website And See How Everything Was Going. Things Are Going Well, Except For Poor Smitys App XD, I See. Nows A Good Time To Tell Ya Who's Here If You Haven't Guessed By The Caps Yet. It's Speedy Very Happy (SpeederTGS)

I'm Well Aware I've Been Blacklisted (Maybe Even The First? MOMMA I DID IT!!! I GOT FIRST AT SOMETHING! WOO!) So I'm Not Really Here To Be Unbanned I'm More Here To Say My Apologies. (NOTE: I Know Since This Isn't A Ban App I Shouldn't Post It But I Dunno Where Else To Put It...) There's Really Nothing Here To Make Me Do This Nor Is There A Gun To The Back Of My Head I'm Doing This On My Own Free Will Even Though I'll Never Be Able To Fix What I Broke. So Maybe I Should Begin With Why I'm Here.

To Start With No More Lies. I Hid In The Dark On My Time On Dravics, My VERY Short Time On Gunias, And My Time On This Server. As Mister Said In His Unban Appeal I'm Not Actually 17, I'm Actually Just A 14 Year Old. I Was Scared That I Wouldn't Be Treated As An Equal If I Didn't Act Older Than I Actually Was. I THINK Everything Else I Said Was True Though. Most Of The Men In My Family Are Military Men Spare My Dad And Brother. So It's In My Blood To Want To Advance Through The Ranks And Get Higher Up The "Food Chain". In This Quest I Felt I Had Finally Achieved A Goal By Being Offered Moderator. But I Got Greedy. I Wanted More, I Wanted To Be Special. And Cia Was Nice Enough To Deliver That To Me. I Was So Proud Of Myself At That Point That I Accidentally Let A Personal Opinion Slip And My Position Was Taken Before I Got It. Then All The Other Veterans Began To Get Positions, A Lot Of Them Close Friends, And Here I Was At The Bottom Of The Barrel Again. I Became Infuriated At It And Jealousy Overtook Me. I Began To Ask Around The Steam Community And Skype Community For What Made People Angry, And I Used Those Things To Fuel Their Anger. We Called Ourselves The Founders. Soon The Skyscraper Server Was Pumped Out And We Had Small Time Players Get On And Off. Then One Day I Looked Around And I Realized What I Was Doing. Our Of Anger I Was Trying To Overthrow The Community That Took Me In And Gave Me A Place To Call Home. I Won't Try And Twist This To Make It Sound Sympathetic On My Part. I Was Still Very Angry, But I Shut Down The Server. I Then Gathered The Closest People To Me, Mister_ee, CapatainDiggens, AudreyAwesome, And KidbatJT. We Created A Group And Played Minecraft Modpack Attack of the B Team. It Was All Going Well And Then It Fell Apart. I Was Still Too Angry To Come To Terms With What Had Happened As I Entered A New Team To Play With. We Soon Got Tired Of MC Attack of the B Team Having Done Everything There Was To Do So We Disbanded. Over Time I Met New People And I Re Found My Old Self, The One I Used To Play Gulliver With, The One I Played With Right Before I Was Offered Moderator. I Then Was Able To Take A Deep Breath And Realize What I Had Done, But I Kept Going Forward In Fear Of What The Community Here Would Say To Me. As My Connections Began To Grow I Decided To Create A Final Group, One Of Checks And Balances. The Debauchery Tea Party (When I Created The Group I Didn't Know Debauchery Was A Real Word, Now It's A Running Joke XD). As I Began To Feel A Part Of A Larger Community Again, Not As A Creator Or As A Novice, But As An Equal, I Saw What I Had Really Done To This Server. I Felt Violated After Being Denied And That Wasn't Something I Was Used To. I'm Just Glad Someone Put Me In My Place. As To Cia, The Last Thing I Told Her Before I Left Her Server Was "May The Best Admin Win". And The Best Clearly Won. I'm Sorry For What I Did, And No Words Will Ever Heal The Wounds I Created. But It's Better To At Least Apply A Band Aid And Some Neosporin Then Let The Wound Get Infected, Though I May Be A Little Late On That Train. So Let Me Apologize To All Of You Individually, What Happened Was A Result Of My Doing And You All Had To Deal With The Repercussions.

Ciabatta1: I Feel Like I Should Apologize To You First For All The Harsh Things I Said. It Was None Of My Business To Get Involved In Your Life Nor Your Servers Well Being. I Can Only Hope That I Managed To Provide Some Sort Of Helpfulness Through What I Built On The Server, And The Ideas I Managed To Trend From Skyscraper. Just Keep Doing What You Do Best.

ShadowScale: I Was Always Intimidated By You. I Always Felt As If You Were Analyzing Me For Anything Hostile. And Eventually I Gained Your Trust...Then I Stabbed You In The Back...And Even Went As Far As To Ask For Help From You When Building Skyscraper. I Don't Think Sorry Really Fits There. I Can Understand Why Everyone Wants You To Be An Admin, It's Because They Can't Have You As Owner. Your A Great Guy Shadow, Keep Up The Good Work And Good Luck On Your Career With Designing.

Flammole: Holy Crap...Like Jeebus I Owe A LOT To THis Guy. He's Amazing, He Stayed Loyal To Cias Server While Helping Me. Like Holy Crap. He Put Money, Time, And Effort Into The Things I Asked Of Him, And I May Never Get To Pay Him Back But By God I Will Find A Way Somehow. Sorry I Tried To Pull You Into This Entire Crazy Thing, I Guess I'm Just Insane Very Happy

Invisibledragon: Long Time No See Invis, Just To Put It Blatantly I'm Sorry For What I Did. I Remember When I First Met You I Wanted Just To Be Your Friend, You Seemed So Lonely. And Then You Showed Me All Of Those Things Like The..I Wanna Call It The Elf Forest? The Town Made Of Mini Blocks. The One Next To Eclipse On Dravics Server. I Felt Like You Would Follow Me When We Went To Skyscraper But When You Didnt I Got Even Madder. I'm Glad You Didn't Though. I Had No Right To Pull You Into That Mess. Thanks For Staying True To Yourself And If You Still Are Interested In Terraria You Know Where To Find Me. And I'm Sorry If I Caused You Any Trouble.

Mister_ee: I Read Your Un Ban Application!! AND MY GOD I FRIGGIN Am Glad To Have Such A Good Friend. You Put Me In My Place When No One Else Would Even After The EE_Team. I Guess I Still Owe You That "Evil Potato" Huh?

CaptainDiggens: You Are The Person Here That Influenced Me The Most. You Gave Me A Whole New Perspective From The Guy Who Sits Behind A Keyboard All Day. You Changed The Way I Thought About My Life And Overall Got Me Into Football Last Year And Tennis This Year. Not To Mention I Got Some Inspiration From That Amazing Base You Made Near The Blessing Shop.

KidbatJT: Really I Think You Were Just There Cause Of Captain Mister And Audrey. I Don't Think We Got Along Very Good Except For Those Few Times In B Team And Sksycraper. But Either Way You Did Follow Me Into A Hole, And You Did It With Your Ghosty Dragon And An Appetite To Waste ALL THE WOOD ON CARPENTER BLOCKS. I Still Don't Understand Why You Would Do That :_: Either Way Thank You For Helping And I'm Sorry.

AudreyAwesome: I Dragged You To Skyscraper Actually, You Only Showed Up After We Had Established A Spawn And Such And You Chose To Be A Player Instead Of Staff. Humble. You Showed Me What I Should Have Been And In The End Helped Me To See My Errors. I'm Sorry To Have Dragged You Into That Mess And Thank You For Supporting Me And Not Shunning Me.

LegendofPhillip: The Only Memories I Have Of You Are Of You Annoying People On The Server And I Think You May Have Been Banned? Oops...

Zmansharkboy: Out Of Everyone Here You Drove Me Insane. But I Still Found You Funny And I Still Find You As A Friend Somehow. Instead Of Saying I'm Sorry...Here's Your Tree. You Like Your Tree.

Phoenixrealm: Fiya Bird, I'm Sorry For What Went Down. You Contributed To The Server So Much By Telling Me About Pride Being A Sin (I Know All 7 Of My Deadly Sins Now Thank You Very Much!) And That .125 Was A Size. I Think That Was The Size At Least. Anyways Thanks For That!

BurgerWarrior: Sushi, Aquaman, OrphanWarrior, Whatever You Want Me To Call You I Remember What You Did For Me During My Time On Dravics And Cias. And Somehow I Will Find A Way To Repay You For All Of Those Deeds And Thousands Of Weapons And Armor Repaired. Thanks For Not Going Along With My Stupid Scheme.

Ajjget: I Have No Idea How I Remember All Of These IGNs I'm Not Even Looking Them Up All Of This Is From Memory. You Were Always Like A Neighbor To Me, And In Eclipse You Almost Were. You Hated Skyscraper, And You Had Every Reason To. You Saw Right Through My Excuses And Right At My Rage. You Called It, Now I Owe You A Cookie >.<

Lizeli9: At Least You Got A Statue Of Yourself In Dawnstar Right? That's Positive Razz. Anyways Thanks For Everything And I Still Have Your Partner...What Was Her Name...She Didn't Play Much When I Was On..JAMMY! That Was Her Name. Jammy I Still Have Your Carrot. My Apologizes To You Both For What I Did And I'm Sorry I Never Gave You That Horse Ride Liz.

Cory28: The Judge Has Spoken. This Was The Judge For Anything I Needed, The Robot To End It All, C.O.R.Y. Jk He's Human But He Is Way To Good At Ace Attorney. Sorry Cory I Let You Down In The End.

Breakroom: I Remember You. You Put My Sword In The Museum! Cookie To You! I Still Have Your 4 Redstone Btw And You Still Owe Me 2 Shipments Of Grassy Dirt To Dawnstar! Thanks For Everything Dude And Sorry If I Made You Mad.

Drakenguard: I Have Your Pickaxe. Idk How I Got It But It's A Fortune X Effecincy X Unbreaking X Stone Pickaxe Named Diamond Pickaxe. If You Want It Back I Think It's In The Starting Cave System Of The Community Kingdom, Or It Could Be Under The Old Lake That Community Kingdom Is On Now. I Remember I Found It Laying About In That Time Period. Thanks For Helping The Server While I Was Out Being Nuts.

MarioMario64: I Think You Asked Me Once For It, Unless Someone Has Claimed It Already, You Can Have My Secret Base Under Dawnstar. Thanks For Leaving Skyscraper And Cheating On My PARKOUR >.<

Cayfie: I'm Sorry I Don't Remember Your Full IGN  I Only Saw You Three Times, And One Of Those Was To Give You House 2 In The Community Kingdom. Sorry To Put You Through All Of This Stuff With Skyscraper And Congratulations On Co Owner!

Nintendork: Can't Remember Your Numbers Either XD I Know It Starts With A 5 Though. 56343 I Think. Either Way Thanks For All The Help And You Can Have The Book Store If You Can Find Where I Put The New One I Forgot Where It Went XD. Thanks For The Help On Skyscraper And On ForgivenX's. I'll Find Some Way To Make It Up To You.

Spookster: I Think Your The One Who Graded Smiths Application  So Thanks For That. Thanks For The Help Around Cias Server Too I Still Remeber It!

Super: Don't Remeber Your Full IGN Nor Spooks. But I Do Remember Your Pixel Art. In Face Your The Reason I Played Cave Story, So Thanks For That And Once Again Sorry If I Caused You Any Trouble.

ChaosWolf: Thanks For All The Help Building The Community Kingdom With Me And Thanks For Finishing The Castle. I Saw It On Dynmap. Sorry If I Caused You Any Trouble.

If Your Name Wasn't In That List It Wasn't Because I Didn't Remember Your Name It Was Because I Didn't Know What To Say To You. I Hope Yall All Have Fun On This Server And I Hope It Continues To Strive, But I've Committed A Taboo Here And Now I Gotta Go. A Big Thanks To Everyone Who Helped In Project Skyscraper And An Even Bigger Thanks To Those Of You Who Helped With Project Tower. Unless I'm Friends With You On Steam Or Skype I Guess This Is It. So...Have A Great Life. BOOP!

McSmithy

Back to top Go down

Post by builderfish8 Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:42 pm

So I'm apparently banned for a reason that isn't given the login just says "soft ban" and to be honest I don't know what a soft ban is, so any clarification is appreciated. Also the reason I was banned is unknown.
builderfish8
builderfish8

http://builderfish8.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:15 pm

builderfish8 wrote:So I'm apparently banned for a reason that isn't given the login just says "soft ban" and to be honest I don't know what a soft ban is, so any clarification is appreciated. Also the reason I was banned is unknown.

You should have a look around the forums, my friend. You'll find why here:
https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t600-trolling-problem

Soft ban is simply removing you from the whitelist for some time until we deem necessary. Please, remain calm and don't cause any trouble.^^
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by builderfish8 Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:27 am

Ok is there an estimated time of unban?
builderfish8
builderfish8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:02 am

Basically when you decide to answer for yourself, explain why it is you do the things that get you in trouble, apologize, provide assurances that you won't do this again, and do so in a manner free of snide remarks and sarcasm.  Be sure to do so in the thread indicated by Flammole, and NOT here in this Unbanning Application thread which is used only for parole sessions.

Absent this, the soft ban can easily turn into a permanent ban if you know longer demonstrate yourself capable of acting appropriately on our server.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:41 am

FYI, Builder is ready to return, so we will hold a parole session here in the coming days.  This was only after a brief temp-ban, so it won't require a complete unbanning application.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:33 am

Okay, we're about to begin our next parole hearing, this time for one builderfish8 who was temp-banned in April 2015 for trolling, spamming, committing provocative acts and disrespecting staff, for which he has apologized for.  The details can be reviewed here....

Due to his apology and willingness to come clean (albeit using his condition as an excuse a bit), he was sentenced to a small 3-month ban, with with a mandatory parole hearing at the end of it.  The parole hearing was suggested since I was made to believe that Builder was perhaps not happy on this server, and that perhaps we are not the server he needs that can account for his condition. Therefore, this unbanning application is here to rectify his original app submission, and give him a chance, once and for all, to decide whether he truly wishes to come back, or depart gracefully if that's what he prefers to do.

In any case, since this is only for a slight temp-ban, Builder's unbanning application will be a bit shorter than previous one's on this thread.

builderfish8 will have until July 8th, 2015, 11:59:59 PM CST to complete the application.

We encourage him not to rush this application -- fill it out completely and carefully, and avoid spelling and grammar mistakes wherever possible, as this will be used to gauge the extent of your sincerity and determination. 

This is a purely procedural question.

Contrary to fully-banned members, you did not [have to] write a statement of intent to return, so you'll have to explain in detail why you feel it's appropriate for you to return.  We'll also need assurances that you won't cause any additional trouble again, including any efforts IRL to keep inappropriate and negative interactions out of our server.

Aside from placing you in an observation period, we also want to see what actions you plan to take to regain our trust. It can be as simple as simply staying quiet for a while, and/or apologizing to people you might have killed or harmed, and/or assisting with major projects.  Here is an excellent opportunity to formally apologize.

QUESTION #4: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft.

The answers should be in bullet format and in full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per fact.

You're also free to reference one or two issues from prior Gulliver/Minecraft servers, including our own, but personal defects take priority as far as gauging who you say you are. 

QUESTION #6:  Please reread the Veteran's Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you likely failed to uphold during your time with us.
The point here is to have you understand the infractions committed, and why that might seem like a problem for us since we put the onus of carrying out these responsibilities on the players themselves.  Failure to uphold our creeds, which we consider as a kind of "constitution" for our server, determines how unsuitable you would be playing here.  So long as you realize we have to supervise over 300 registered players, you will better understand why these seemingly-unfair precautions are required.

Please quote the full Responsibilities, including their numbers.

QUESTION #7:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.
Now we get to the acknowledgements portion of the unbanning application.  

QUESTION #8:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Assessment phase. 
Collecting feedback from players and staff is critical to the unbanning process, as it makes the act of unbanning a "communal" effort rather than simply a wild whim of the owner.  In this way, we all share the pride (or the risk) of unbanning you, and also broadcast the need to keep you monitored as often as possible.  During this process, you will be allowed to answer questions if you are asked any, but as a matter of principle you must not interfere, influence or disrupt the process in any way. 

Thank you and good luck.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by builderfish8 Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:21 pm

1:builderfish8
2:I mean no harm to anyone
3:Whatever I can nothing truely specific just continue where i left
4:
-I dislike history
-I am going to show in a horse competition
-I love pixelart
-I have become a fan of attak on titan
-my favorite color is yellow
-I'm writing a story in my free time
-I launched a firework where it isnt legal to Smile
-my favorite school subject is sciency things
-I adore the fossil fighters game series
-i dont have a facebook account
5:
-asperger's
-im socially akward
-I lie more then i like
-I dont always understand others thought process
-i can not learn names for the death of me
6: number 5 i think
7:yes i agree but dont understand
8:yes

Now before I go I would like to say a few things. Normally in society don't people with mental disabilities have different expectations then others? Why is it bad I used this as a reason of my actions not an excuse which seems to be the jumped on conclusion. Also this hole time nobody has seemed to have asked my side, meaning I was told some mean and harsh things that night but nobody seems to have cared that I was essentially made fun of for my disability but meh I guess thats normal. Also Cia you seem to have taken things personally when you should never do that I made a few small jokes making fun of you I do that to everyone its just me. There are a few other things that I could say but im going to keep them to myself sense im trying to get unbanned here. BUT most important is I don't want to come back unless people REALLY want me to be here. I don't want a blaint answer explain what I did wrong that truly affected you. If people don't want me and only want people that always do whats expected then I'll leave.
builderfish8
builderfish8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:47 pm

builderfish8 wrote:1:builderfish8
2:I mean no harm to anyone
3:Whatever I can nothing truely specific just continue where i left
4:
-I dislike history
-I am going to show in a horse competition
-I love pixelart
-I have become a fan of attak on titan
-my favorite color is yellow
-I'm writing a story in my free time
-I launched a firework where it isnt legal to Smile
-my favorite school subject is sciency things
-I adore the fossil fighters game series
-i dont have a facebook account
5:
-asperger's
-im socially akward
-I lie more then i like
-I dont always understand others thought process
-i can not learn names for the death of me
6: number 5 i think
7:yes i agree but dont understand
8:yes

Now before I go I would like to say a few things. Normally in society don't people with mental disabilities have different expectations then others? Why is it bad I used this as a reason of my actions not an excuse which seems to be the jumped on conclusion. Also this hole time nobody has seemed to have asked my side, meaning I was told some mean and harsh things that night but nobody seems to have cared that I was essentially made fun of for my disability but meh I guess thats normal. Also Cia you seem to have taken things personally when you should never do that I made a few small jokes making fun of you I do that to everyone its just me. There are a few other things that I could say but im going to keep them to myself sense im trying to get unbanned here. BUT most important is I don't want to come back unless people REALLY want me to be here. I don't want a blaint answer explain what I did wrong that truly affected you. If people don't want me and only want people that always do whats expected then I'll leave.

Unbanning application confirmed to have been received just barely in time for the deadline. At a quick glance it seems atrocious and inadequate, but even if BuilderFish is not interested in following guidelines, that doesn't mean I will reduce myself to that level.

I will address this and more in my assessment. Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:19 pm

Hello everyone,

Allow me the opportunity to conduct our latest parole hearing for one BuilderFish, who was temporarily banned from the Big Sister server on was temporarily banned in April 2015 for trolling, spamming, committing provocative acts and disrespecting staff.  The details can be reviewed here....

He was sentenced to a small 3-month ban due to his apology and attempt to come clean on the issue, so given no major crime took place and he, up until now, has remained largely cooperative, there will be no need to refer to him as anything other than "Builder" going forward.  Nevertheless, this does not excuse any indiscretions committed during the completion of the unbanning application itself, as the application is a symbol of Builder's willingness to rejoin the Big Sister Gulliver server.  If he does not commit any effort to return, even while we commit so much of our own time to offer him the opportunity, than the imbalancce an effort can work overwhelming against his own interests.  

That being said, the unbanning application will be analyzed by me into a series of bullet points highlighting both exemplar cases of good behavior and understanding, as well as deficiencies in thought, self-centeredness or concern for the well-being of our server and its players.  My final assessment is to be shared with all interested parties on our forum, especially staff mmbers who will have a period of 96 hours to provide thoughts and feedback.  I will then use any feedback provided to determine the extent and severity of my final ruling.

=================

BEGIN ASSESSMENT:

- Builder has written the application very close to the due date, with minimal effort, spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes, ill-placed smilies and a lot of irrelevant information at the end.  And although not required, he is not in any way apologetic of his lateness or the lack of effort.

- He correctly states his username, although the lack of a full sentence is noted.

- Question 2 specifically asks that his reply be no less than 90 words, yet his current response is only six words.  Moreover, it doesn't address any of the matters addressed by the question, and the statement is laughable given all the psychological harm he has historically inflicted on various players.  The complete disregard for instructions only accentuates this dishonesty.

- Question 3 also specifically asks that his reply be no less than 90 words, and his answer ended up being only 11 words.  Moreover, he implies that continuing where he left off is an option for us, although since he is not specific, that can be easily misinterpreted as saynig he will continue to insult, harrass or kill players, or talk openly about death and suicide with players much younger than him, none of which are behaviors we are looking forward to have returned to us.  The complete disregard for instructions only accentuates this callousness.

- None of his answers to question 4 are full sentences, even though the instructions clearly state each answer should be no less than 15 words per fact.

- Question 4.7 has him admitting to a criminal act and being proud of it, not exactly prime material for our players.  Likewise, question 4.8 appears to make a mockery of intelligence.

- None of his answers to question 5 are full sentences, even though the instructions clearly state each answer should be no less than 15 words per fact.

- He lists his condition as a defect, so this should be noted especially given he accuses us of treating this as a negative despite his own clear self-deprecation of it, It also ignores the fact that at least 25 players who have applied to our server have admitted to having the same condition, and save for three (including Builder) we've not had any major issues with them.

- His question 5.3 is a major red flag, and is the reason why we can't factor in his alleged condition as it can always be a lie, or certainly at least a poor attempt to justify unacceptable behavior.

- Question 6 specifically states that he quote the full responsibilities, including their numbers instead of "just" them.  Moreover, he only selected one responsibility he has infringed upon.

- Question 7 specifically states that the answer must be no less than 15 words, as opposed to the six words currently used.  Moreover, the statement, based on how its phrased, cannot be acknowledged AND not understood at the same time, so the answer is void.

- Question 8 specifically states that the answer must be no less than 15 words, as opposed to the single-word answer.  

- Builder adds some irrelevant information after the application that, in total, probably measures more than his unbanning application in its entirety, and represents a complete waste of effort and a mockery of our process.

- Moreover, he makes attempts to use his condition as a further shield against criticism, which is inapplicable here given that, prior to his banning, he never once made mention of his condition to anyone on the server, and so was, and will continue to be, judged based on the same standards as other players, as well as it should as we cannot make compromises for alleged "mental disabilities".  All players are expected to adhere to the Rights and Responsiblities outlined in the creeds, and anyone wishing to be exempt from said rights and responsibilities has no place on this server, nor should have been whitelisted to begin with.  

- Given his admission to lying uncontrollably, the integrity of his own whitelist application is now called into question as there is no clear indication he wishes to return to this server, and in fact the poor effort and the confrontational tone of his application acts as a tacit admission that he no longer wishes to return. Nor did he ever display any reason for being in a GULLIVER server as he never took advantage of size-changing opportunities, nor of any feature unique to our server that couldn't otherwise be replicated in any standard Minecraft server.

END ASSESSMENT

We will now adjourn for today, and allow interested parties (including staff) to provide thoughts and feedback on the assessment above. The application fails on purely technical merits, and fails again based on the lack of courtesy displayed, so this is mainly to confirm and discuss the severity of his failure. I will wait a period of 96 hours or more to collect enough feedback.  

As a reminder, Builder can answer questions asked of him, but he must refrain from interfering or influencing opinion in any way, shape or form, including supplying any additional feedback or criticism not asked of him.  He must be reminded that by agreeing to create an unbanning application, we are doing a favor to him by providing him the opportunity to return despite prior and current indiscretions; he is not, contrary to his assertions, doing us any favors by returning.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content