Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9

3 posters

Go down

Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 Empty Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9

Post by Ishida Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:37 pm

I'm going to keep this nice and simple because there's not too much to the situation:

kjlterrell_k9 had privately messaged both myself as well as Minoriko in order to advertise the "Skyscraper" server with a tone of hatred against Big Sister seeping through the messages.

Witness: Minoriko
Players on server: drakenguard, Minoriko, _Ishida_, kjlterrell_k9

Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 5BjF1xh
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 YncJlXx
Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 I7NMnZK

While I'm not fully aware of the circumstances, I uploaded the screenshots to show to drakenguard which begin to explain that a recent schism had occurred within the community - the server being advertised being of the "other side", respectively.

If any further information regarding the situation is required, please do not to ask questions. I apologize once more for the lack of detail - the situation was simply a short, private message conversation and not much more.

Last edited by Ishida on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Screenshots originally too large)
Ishida
Ishida

http://steamcommunity.com/id/IshidaShadow/

Back to top Go down

Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9 Empty Re: Server Advertising - kjlterrell_k9

Post by Ciabatta Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Hello Ishida,

Thank you very much for posting these, it is regrettable that you had to be embroiled in their little game.  The person who PM'd you is closely affiliated to one of the leaders of the Skyscraper server and thus has a very strong conflict of interest to promote her server -- while she could have done so publicly in a neutral manner, the fact that she reduced herself to berating ours is immature and childish, and doesn't reflect well on how the other server is managed.  This person will be dealt with accordingly, especially in light of the fact that she was never properly whitelisted on our server to begin with.  

As for the so-called "schism", any concept of a "rift", "revolution", "feud", "division" or "hatred" is purely one-sided -- and in fact the server leader once admitted to me that he would encourage server "riots" on Dravics to get what he wanted, so a lot of these incidents are done to artificially foment the appearance of disaster.  It's all very melodramatic and self-absorbed language, the sole purpose of which is to exaggerate their own self-worth and importance.

In reality, most of the people who left to this other server where problem cases to begin with, people who expected things to be handed to them, and who would complain and cause disruptions if they never got it.  Their separation to another server [and entirely on someone else's dime] is the final culmination of this -- and while this would be all well and good if they created this server to pursue their own dreams, they publicly and privately admit that their server was formed out of vengeance for me and my staff, and thus come off as something of a hate group.

Not surprisingly, things have been relatively peaceful ever since (I note a comparative lack of stealing, griefing and drama since they left), and our own server life has continued quite well without them.  The fact that their departure hasn't phased us is likely a strong point of contention, hence why they see it necessary to use very underhanded means to subvert our server, much like this person tried to do to you tonight.

And much like an internet troll, they will probably go away if we don't feed them.

So I thank you very much for your very responsible replies to this person.  It's exactly this kind of calm level-headedness that I think best exemplifies what we strive for!
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybershockk Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:08 pm

There are constantly new people I've never met that are connected to the skyscraper, and I don't know what their problem is. If they hate this server so much,then why do they bother trying to get on and move other's to the skyscraper, when they could just be simply whitelisting new players on their server. I know this is soon going to go out-of-hand, and yet I don't have a list of those who are with the skyscrapers.
Cybershockk
Cybershockk

RP Character Sheet
Name: ???
Personality Trait: Quiet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:29 pm

I wouldn't bother with that, since as a matter of policy we are not going to care about Skyscraper or change how we do things because of them.  

If people decide to alternate between both servers, that's their decision and right -- so long as they respect our rules while they'e guests in our "house", we won't have any problems with them at all.  Players who are smart enough to follow this simple Golden Rule can enjoy the best of both worlds.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content