Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server)

2 posters

Go down

May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) Empty May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server)

Post by SuperSith89 Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:40 am

I think you guys should do Tekkit! It is a big modpack, but it is a ton of fun!
SuperSith89
SuperSith89

RP Character Sheet
Name: Super Sith
Personality Trait: Devious
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) Empty Re: May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server)

Post by Ciabatta Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:45 am

Hmm, well we already do FTB modpacks which are similar/better.  Tekkit modpacks I prefer to exclude due to how badly they've treated Mion in the past, though if the will of the public wishes it, it can be done.  Wink
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server) Empty Re: May or July suggestion(whichever one is coming next for the server)

Post by SuperSith89 Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:19 am

Oh ok I don't do much with modpacks. If Tekkit is too much of a hassle then don't worry about it. I had no idea there was a difference between the two, I just thought Tekkit was in FTB. Razz
SuperSith89
SuperSith89

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:20 am

Hehe, nope, I guess we can say they're competitors.  XD
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperSith89 Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:22 am

I see lol :p. I guess I'll go look up FTB to see what modpacks there are in there!
SuperSith89
SuperSith89

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:41 pm

Just so you know, we've tried Agrarian Skies, Magic World 2 and Tech World 2 so far. General issue remains... Too many mods lead to some burnt out brains (especially mine), followed by solitude and eventually abandonment.  XD
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperSith89 Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:45 pm

Lol thanks for the info. I think mage quest looks kind of cool. I don't know how many mods are in it, but it says it has a mod that helps performance on the server. Just a thought though!
SuperSith89
SuperSith89

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri May 08, 2015 10:21 pm

Okay, so I've been thinking about the next LB flavor...

While FTB modpacks are full of all sorts of crazy mods, I do admit that mod-overload can definitely be a problem.  So I say it's time to stick with single mods again, and in particular ones that are obscure but don't need to be.

At first I thought "Better Than Wolves", but apparently it has its issues.  Then I discovered TerraFirmaCraft, and it appears to offer the same intriguing features of BTW, but more subtle, more varied, and to a certain extent more realistic (no Wolf companion cubes, lol). XD

TerraFirmaCraft seems like a super-charged version of Survival Mode that can no doubt offer hours of fun, so I'm proposing that as my recommendation for next monthly mod! There is a 1.6.4 version, as well as a beta for 1.7.10.

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Main_Page
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down