Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Ars Magica 2 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Ars Magica 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Ars Magica 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Ars Magica 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Ars Magica 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Ars Magica 2 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Ars Magica 2 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Ars Magica 2 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Ars Magica 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Ars Magica 2

4 posters

Go down

Ars Magica 2 Empty Ars Magica 2

Post by Cory28 Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:20 am

Boo. Bet I spooked ya, After all, I bet none of you expected to see me again.

Anyway, that's not relevant right now. What IS relevant, is I have my own suggestion to this little batch of fun.

My own little suggestion?

Well, assuming you aren't dim and read the title you should know already. If not, I would like to suggest a mod by the name of Ars Magica 2.

The mod is based off of... something called Ars Magica, i'm not really sure about the origin, but the mod itself is what counts. Ars Magica adds a very indepth magical system to minecraft, as well as a few magical mobs with some magical themed tricks of their own.

The mod itself starts off simple enough - You need to find some of this cool shtuff called "Liquid Essence" scattered about. You slap a frame down next to it, cram a book into it, and bam - You are now a certified mage. Just. You have no spells. Should work on that.

Basically, the mod brings a huge new challenge to the world of minecraft, and that is securing your place in the realm of magic. Crafting spells is a hard business, finding materials of all sorts. And when I say crafting spells, I mean it. You can make your own magic from several effects - Targeting type, effect, etc. And you can mix and match these to your hearts content. Want a super cool ice lazor that produces light and digs for you? Sure. Want to make it heal them too for some reason? Don't see why you'd want to, but sure!

The mod, in short, adds a lot of drive and challenge for people like me that have no reason to play short of duties on the server, and exploring is loads more interesting when you have magic in play, as there's all sorts, Offensive, Defensive, and your good ol' utility. Because, y'know, who doesn't want to be able to teleport? Or fly for short periods of time?

Oh, for a side bonus, this gets in? So do I, if any of you happen to be going sick with Cory deprivation.  Razz

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2028696-ars-magica-2-164-version-111c-updated-jan-3/page__hl__%20ars%20%20magica

Last edited by Cory28 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Couldn't get the link in originally)

Cory28

RP Character Sheet
Name: Coleraon Pesong
Personality Trait: Sarcastic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Ars Magica 2 Empty Re: Ars Magica 2

Post by BreakRoom Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:02 am

nice! sounds great! god do we have lots of ideas pinging around now
BreakRoom
BreakRoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajjget Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:04 am

*Doesn't read post, what you said in steam was enough* HOLY CRAP CORY YES :3 WE SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT THAT SOUNDS SO FRICKING FUN, YOU KNOW :3!!!

Ajjget

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:45 am

Hi Cory, world bank! ^^

Thank you for the idea, it sounds like a very interesting mod! It is also apparently paired a lot with Thaumcraft and Mystcraft, so perhaps this would make a good epic magic bundle that would ensure countless hours of play. Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory28 Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Ciabatta wrote:Hi Cory, world bank!  ^^

Thank you for the idea, it sounds like a very interesting mod!  It is also apparently paired a lot with Thaumcraft and Mystcraft, so perhaps this would make a good epic magic bundle that would ensure countless hours of play.  Smile

That, actually sounds like it would be pretty cool. And if people don't want to have to deal with the magic side, a good few of the magical mobs are rendered mute without magic. Y'know, like, there's a magical creeper that... all he does is drain your mana....

Cory28

RP Character Sheet
Name: Coleraon Pesong
Personality Trait: Sarcastic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down