Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

A few ideas for Ars Magica 2

2 posters

Go down

A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 Empty A few ideas for Ars Magica 2

Post by Cory28 Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:36 pm

Yay, Ars Magica 2 got voted in!  Very Happy 

Anyway, done with that. I have a few suggestions for how we should run things with Ars Magica 2.

First of all....

Keep Inventory on is outright essential for AM2. Spells are hard to make and expensive to boot, and because they are items, you can lose them on death. I say that we should avoid this by turning on Keep Inventory. This will avert quite a bit of heartache in the long run. Refunding spells would be more difficult, as they don't exist in the creative menu, and are custom made. And some of these spells are EXPENSIVE! One even requires a Nether Star to be made, for instance!

Secondly, within Ars Magica exists a fun mechanic called "Affinity." As you use a type of spell more and more you gain affinity with the element of said spell. Along with making it easier to cast these types of spells and the reverse of your affinity harder to cast, you get some bonuses farther down the line. Let's use Ice as a example here. When you aquire a high level Ice affinity, you get a few bonuses and a few disadvantages. While you do start to move slower with a high affinity for ice, you get the power to freeze water and lava by just sneaking near it, as well as slowing enemies apon hitting them.

While Affinites are fun, they take a very long time to build up. My suggestion is that we offer players a headstart in a chosen affinity from anywhere from a little to a specified point (Halfway, for instance.) So players can get a better taste of affinities in the month we have Ars Magica. To accomplish this, there is a command to set affinities, or books that you can read to increase affinity of a certain type that could be spawned in creative.

These are the main ideas I have for now, please tell me what you all think.

Cory28

RP Character Sheet
Name: Coleraon Pesong
Personality Trait: Sarcastic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

A few ideas for Ars Magica 2 Empty Re: A few ideas for Ars Magica 2

Post by BurgerWarrior Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 pm

I agree with both of these points - while the spells in Ars Magica aren't very expensive at first, they're at least very various, coming from a variety of different biomes, sometimes. And yes, there is at least one spell that requires a Nether Star.

As for the Affinities, I've been playing for the past two days almost solid, and I'm not even at 2% in my chosen affinity, so I definitely agree that if we only have a month to play with Ars Magica 2, a 50% or more boost in affinities would really help everyone to get a good taste of what the mod has to offer.
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory28 Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:02 am

Okay, another idea then, building off the affinity one, though this one is more debatable then the other two. Perhaps people who choose a affinity headstart can also get a basic starting spell of said affinity? Like, a Air affinity could get a projectile that flings things into the air, Frost, Fire, Lightning, Arcane, Ender, and Earth get a projectile with their corresponding element (Ender and Arcane both would have the same spell, so perhaps Ender could get some kind of low level teleport?) Water could get a projectile that causes drowning damage, Nature... I don't know, farming basics? Life would get a simple regeneration.. Just something to get people started, though, again, this idea is up to you lot.

Cory28

RP Character Sheet
Name: Coleraon Pesong
Personality Trait: Sarcastic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down