Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Staff Announcements - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Staff Announcements - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Staff Announcements - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Staff Announcements - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Staff Announcements - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Staff Announcements - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Staff Announcements - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Staff Announcements - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Staff Announcements - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Staff Announcements

+38
lizeli9
SFPT
timbletac1
PTpirahna
TheHylianWizard
Slasherss2
Pazlin
Adamsuper2002
Mimi
Spitfire
builderfish8
Lomgren
Haasman29
bryceio
KaCii
TricksterThePokemonMaster
Turn999
Raddaman8000
BrandonBui
Night_Lord123
Ciabatta
a4955
Spookster
HanChi
Iceman13590
Tilk
mrpiggy99
Dude1002746
Jams
Miisaka
Flammole
Skeletor1991
invisibledragon
The_Glitch
BreakRoom
BurgerWarrior
Ajjget
ShadowScale
42 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Staff Announcements - Page 2 Empty Re: Staff Announcements

Post by Ajjget Sun May 25, 2014 2:13 am

I would like to state that I was not suspended by Cia, but I quit. Look, I had enough fun, but I'm done with the server. I hope you all have nice lives. Gunia picked her staff for reasons. Everyone was satisfied, and maybe they got aggrivated a bit, but it all worked out.

I have my rights to leave the server, and I didn't do anything wrong.

Ajjget

Back to top Go down

Post by BreakRoom Sun May 25, 2014 2:22 am

And with that final straw, I don't believe this is the same server that I first joined for. I want to announce that I am officially quitting as well. I wish everyone luck, and want to make sure that the only reason I'm leaving is because I don't think I can adapt to all these changes. I hope that the sister server will continue to grow and develop, even though I'll no longer be apart of it.
BreakRoom
BreakRoom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun May 25, 2014 2:49 am

I wish I had more of a forewarning rather than a blunt (and I dare say, vengeful?) walk-out, but I understand if there have been way too many changes that have made it impossible to keep up.  I also understand we're not Gunia's, and what used to count as good staff material may not be as effective in this new setting. No doubt that you are steadily running out of familiar faces, and that is a lot to bear for people who are tied to friendship in their gaming. This is why I make it clear to everyone that a staff position is not a reward, but a curse.

In your case, Break, you did warn us that you had trouble dealing with responsibility, which is why we were originally going to appoint you as Deputy -- it was later on you confidently accepted the moderator role, the last freely-available moderator role left on the server at the time.  I only wish you had let me know that you were having problems -- while I knew Ajj had adjustment issues, you gave me no indication in the slightest you suffered the same way.

But it is what it is and an unhappy/unmotivated staff can't be forced to stay, and if this is the route you wish to go, you're entitled to it.  None of you are banned or anything, so you're welcomed to return to Big Sister or Little Brother at any time to enjoy normal gameplay.

Any other staff member who has thoughts of quitting should contact me in private first so we can discuss how to announce this in a way that benefits us both.  Remember, communication is key, and if there is no communication, there is no understanding.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Wed May 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Not sure if this is the place to post, as no other Deputies have posted here, but I have an announcement.

Other than this being the first (and only) post I'll most likely make within these next few months, I have to say I'll be on less often. With the end of the school year coming, you may be asking "Why?" The answer is simple: one must do as father says. "You aren't going to sit on that chair all summer like you did last year!" he says. Ah well. Hope you folks understand my father's logic, and adios for now. ^w^
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed May 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Awww, well sad to hear that you won't be around much, but even my very own creed discourages letting Minecraft consume our lives.  It's a big world out there outside the computer, and we're encouraged to explore it, work in it, play in it, and of course live in it.  

I hope you have a very fun summer.  ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Right, as of around now-ish, or whenever I actually get around to actually getting on the server and using the promote command, I am promoting Miisaka to be my deputy for the following reasons:

• She handled reporting a major griefing issue professionally.
  • She's usually on when I'm not, providing an extra set of eyes.
  • She's a pretty demmed good artist Razz
  • And she has, in general, given me the impression of being a responsible individual.

That is all.
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:23 am

Hello all,

A staff election is in progress for a new Commissioner from within the Deputy ranks. All staff members who have been contacted via Steam or email and who have not voted already, I encourage you to do so as soon as you can based on your voting status.

Voting ends on Tuesday, May 17th at 11:59:59 PM CST.  Good luck!  Smile

CayCay EDIT: (It's June now Cia Razz)

Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Hello all!

It is my pleasure to congratulate Chicago for his promotion to the rank of server Commissioner! 

Chicago has gone above and beyond his duties as deputy, assisting with whitelist reviews, criminal investigations, research into new technologies, and building projects, in addition to the standard law enforcement duties expected of him. Chicago is also an older and mature player who admires our server and its ethos, and demonstrates his love for the survival aspect of the game with honesty, humility and a healthy dose of irreverence that we can all learn from. He has proven to be an individual who can be entrusted with the greater Commissioner powers, as well as our respect and admiration – and although his work schedule may prevent him from being ever-present, what time he can spare to our server will no doubt be valuable.

Chicago was voted in through a parliamentary-style staff election featuring a 92% voter turnout, with 12 votes in favor and one abstain. This was the first staff election where Deputies were allowed the right to vote in these elections, with partial albeit useful votes, so this was as much a historic vote as it was a roaring success!

I want to thank everyone who participated for giving Chicago such an enthusiastic welcome. Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Hey folks!

Just a heads-up, to address the onslaught of bad applications, I am tightening the whitelist application guidelines further.  Questions 2 and 3 will now require a minimum word-length of 60-90 words, rather than the original 30-60 words.  And Question 4 now mandates full sentences and bullet points -- anyone who refuses to do either will probably fail.

On top of that, I also rewrote some of my examples, including the pet one which was being abused a little too much.

And feedback, let me know.

Thanks!
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:37 pm

CiabattaHey folks!

Just a heads-up, to address the onslaught of bad applications, I am tightening the whitelist application guidelines further.  Questions 2 and 3 will now require a minimum word-length of 60-90 words, rather than the original 30-60 words.  And Question 4 now mandates full sentences and bullet points -- anyone who refuses to do either will probably fail.

On top of that, I also rewrote some of my examples, including the pet one which was being abused a little too much.

And feedback, let me know.

Thanks!

Much better ^_^ that should help improve the apps the first time round a little, at least I hope ^_^'

Also, your example facts are amazing xD lets see someone copy THOSE xD
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:14 am

Hey all nice staff folks.  Smile

I'm still considering this a draft since it's missing some Attributes and a few other things, but I believe I've finalized the new NBT tag-enabled /give command tool which will allow you to SAFELY create items using the backported /give command from Minecraft 1.7.2.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DBL0gPTkQf3SxuOAMthhpReEtfXiOC5tCtNPqGsJ7vM/edit?usp=sharing

Using this tool, you can input some values in the Basic Info, Purchase Info, Display, Enchantments, Attributes, Player Head or Potion Effects fields, and have these auto-populate commands in the Give Code and Paid Code rows to be able to use in-game.  

The Give Code is a /give command usable by all Deputies and above, but unfortunately limited to 100 characters due to textbar limitations. The Paid Code is a /give command designed to build shops with and is useable by all opped players (Moderators and above, with some exceptions); unfortunately due to 1.6.2 limitations, it cannot accept commands greater than 256 characters.

You should be able to download a copy from the above link, if not please let me know.  Have fun, and please report any bugs my way if you find them (especially with the Attributes, those are always problematic).  XD
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Miisaka Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:41 am

Hey all,

I'm loving the new changes to the application, and seeing more reviewers on board is a plus ^^ Hopefully this stops the generic answers in the facts and speeds the process up if word limit doesn't meet our expectations. However, I do have a bit of a suggestion since I've had something on the back of my mind.

We all like to take our time with our reviews, letting our applicants know exactly where they went wrong or even praising them. Though one of my main fears (which hasn't happened yet) is someone sniping your review. What is sniping you ask? Basically when you're finishing up a review and before submission, you find another staff member posted with their own review.

That can be a rather frustrating feeling, there is no indication of who has dibs on an applicant unless they are notified beforehand. Plus we can't just assume if a staff member is online, they're handling the applicant especially outside of our own forums. Sure, you can just open another tab and refresh to page to ensure you won't conflict with another reviewer, but I feel that's a bit of a hassle.

In order to counter this, I feel that we should have a pre-post before a review. Something simple like, "I'm X and will be reviewing your application, is this good? Find out in a little bit! *suspense*" and then editing that post with the full review (mostly to avoid double posting, but suspense is a plus Razz). Even if there is a pretty small chance of this happening mid-review, I still felt it was worth a mention. Though I'd like to hear other thoughts concerning this idea, think it's needed or just excessive?
Miisaka
Miisaka

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibledragon Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:01 pm

I would like to notify people that i will be on holiday from friday 27th June to friday 4th july. Jouring that time I may or may not have internet access and will be away from my computer.
invisibledragon
invisibledragon

RP Character Sheet
Name: Invisible Dragon
Personality Trait: Quiet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:19 pm

Miisaka's Post:

Aye, this would be pretty useful. Sniping is probably the main reason I didn't review earlier... xD

I did post a little warning when I reviewed Sebastion's, but as there was no one else on there wasn't really much of a competition. The pre-posts would be really helpful. ^w^
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:12 pm

That sounds great, Mii MIi!  And totaly out of the blue, I totally did not see this proposal before via email or anything, lol.  XD

Awww, Invsi!  Have fun!  *hug*

And yeah Flamm, you were unwittingly our first pre-poster.  Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Glitch Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Well, there's something I gotta say...

My minecraft hates me, I have been experiencing bad graphical errors, to the point I have to play from memory because blocks textures aren't working, I've tried deleting my .minecraft that didn't work, I tried playing vanilla, to no avail I've tried most versions, still having the problem... (I didn't have the time to try all versions...) so until I can fix this I must watch from Dynamic map, so for that I apologize.
The_Glitch
The_Glitch

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Fiery
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Oh no, poor Audrey, im so sorry to hear.  I hope you can get your machine fixed.... ;-;
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Glitch Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:21 am

So, another update about time away, On the week of the 14th, I am being dragged to a internet-less camp for the week, because I need to interact with other people my age in person and stuff, oh and another camping trip this weekend...
The_Glitch
The_Glitch

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:11 pm

Audrey wrote:So, another update about time away, On the week of the 14th, I am being dragged to a internet-less camp for the week, because I need to interact with other people my age in person and stuff, oh and another camping trip this weekend...

Aww! Well we'll miss you Audrey, but it's for a good cause, you might need more RL interaction. Don't forget what you have learned here, and have fun! Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Hello all,

A staff election is in progress for a new Commissioner from within the Deputy ranks. 

Voting ends on Saturday, July 12th at 10:00:00 PM CST, unless we have full voter turn-out by then.  I will keep everyone posted with developments.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jams Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:55 pm

I THINK I HAVE DONE IT! I have limited my access to anything that will open my email or even let me on the forums....

I will try as much as I can to get on but I cannot guarantee success. Apologies to anyone who has been trying to get my attention via forums or email. *tear*
Jams
Jams

RP Character Sheet
Name: Jammy
Character Description:

http://thistotallyexists.com/notreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Jammy wrote:I THINK I HAVE DONE IT! I have limited my access to anything that will open my email or even let me on the forums....

I will try as much as I can to get on but I cannot guarantee success. Apologies to anyone who has been trying to get my attention via forums or email. *tear*

*LE WHAT?!!!!*  :O
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Oh no, JAMMY!  You got grounded again, didn't you?  ;__;
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Hello all!

It is my pleasure to congratulate Miisaka for her promotion to the rank of server Commissioner! 

Since writing the best application in the history of our server, Miisaka has always poured her very best at things in a manner that is both approachable and professional. Even as a Novice rank, she was a superb builder, an ethical and helpful player, a concerned reporter of criminal and abhorrent activities, and a great writer. But as a Deputy, she has gone above and beyond her call of duty, assisting with countless whitelist reviews, criminal investigations, interrogations, fact-finding, world-building, brain-storming, experimentation, and efforts to help victims of Swarming. She appreciates the zen simplicty of Minecraft, but takes pride in surpassing expectations even more -- she is less a player on our server, and more an intellectual colleague and friend, and stands as a shining example of the kind of players we hope to share our server with. As such, she has proven to be an individual who can be entrusted with the greater Commissioner powers, as well as our respect and admiration. And although her offgame-communication is still scarce, it's my hope that her expanded responsibilities and goals will offer new opportunities for proactive teamwork!

Miisaka was voted in through a parliamentary-style staff election featuring a 81% voter turnout, with 11 votes in favor and two abstains due to unavailability!

I want to thank everyone who participated for giving Miisaka such an enthusiastic vote of confidence! Happy Cia
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibledragon Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Congratulations to Miisaka!! cheers  i think you're probably one of the fastest people to get commission from joining the server.
invisibledragon
invisibledragon

RP Character Sheet
Name: Invisible Dragon
Personality Trait: Quiet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next