Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1

+200
Malachi577
awsomesaucedude
Jackholmesnh
StorySaysTruth
stellan11
GigaStorm
helpmepls
tinyelf101
Cirrian
JacobXZY
ultragamer564
Tupr
Kokkey
gymman
Dude1002746
SirMonkeyFood
raffles
Soopuhstar56
acetrainer890
SpeedDoesMC
Tipls
Pikachu
Hydraxous
polybrrr
KirbyDS11
thunderfan115
Brutecrusher
D2Y9E
WPAirsoftB
slobugsy
finnymario
Jagged_
YadJomhur
husseinkhhr
UsernameDeCarlos
Caticus_
HydraWar
BudderCarp101
Canadian2Mohawk
TheCraftJorge
monkeyman
giroro4210
nvm99
Xzinic
FunkiestGrain
legodrew
SPCJames
MuntantCreeper37*
Loganstang
jpattrin040
TwistyPvP
kidpower
Spartain1
Yuquibo
Wefner
ShadowSh4d0w
FrutyLudy69
canaw33d
killer5868
TheEpicKyle
Theros_Warrior
Tilk
CandyDemon
q9c9p
DylaNplus10
Ultrabloxx248
slenderhood223
eogooot
eliteawsome
justinb41702
Flammole
Sebastion
Mcowher01
danielthegreat01
HirodetsuArai
StorySays
emilatte
alex0412
bumblebee104
piston24
RedIronFang
Gemerlx
Trovo22
arnoudje
rolorolo8
nja095
ash02rom
mix787
coacadile
Kirex17
Jams
DrawfKing84
chocolatecheese1
ip_daily2
Shane1470
squirrel246
droman9
Bowser
Keegwi
zendadafu
Night_Lord123
DoctorMudkip
Plume Aurion
buddylulu
bloodyhorse99
M4tchedPl4yer
dav393
furyheroz
wesley4808
jedimastercobra
Chicago?
Trializ
callum1h3
XainEx25
sammarkvoort
axelpang
DocDragon
jcreddog00
Miisaka
minnow14
Gabatoro
brazenhawk
matatorolol
BunnyMan360
Larryflapjack
XxjacobbellxX
tuff_mrabe
mikeythegreat01
minerman421
2W3iRd
epicness2237@ymail.com
infernoold
tgs16
jack0058
flashgnash
zookpeker
NeilGH
kmdell
connorcreeper14
MisterTtocS
bryceio
jibwhee
CAPTKILLRDEAN
slappy0222
wonwoo0621
DaylenWebb
cutesnail5
Soniss
Cykrion
bejago269
CrypticGamma
TheCakeGaming
RasmusXL
Turn999
SuperEll10
Panini_The_Great
VegaDestroyer
dankuso1
PichuBrosFTW
BubbleMongoose
dragon5601
mrpiggy99
Haasman29
invisibledragon
kjshannon
SwimmerMan01
NateTheGreat345
The_Glitch
Kamkut17
iallipekul
dylanj2114
Raided_You
puddy777
dagger3475
Raddaman8000
milipeed
jdvs111
LordBiscuits
Carthoris
Shape_Sea
Ajjget
mrjoebsoto
BreakRoom
snarkel
Camo001
Minoriko
Anatom22
Steelebo
500nicko
mtmagic
pazneria12
Pedzr
TVguy25
squrile
theclaire
BurgerWarrior
IY110
ShadowScale
Ciabatta
jazzymens
204 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Whitelist Applications - Archive 1

Post by Chicago? Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Spoiler:

Heya NVM, I'm Chicago. I'll be reviewing your application today.

So, you're from Chile? Very cool, can't say I've ever been. I understand that english is not your primary language? Well, please keep in mind this this is primarily an english-speaking server. We won't turn you away for not having english as a first language, but please make sure you understand what you're getting into. Nearly all communication on the server happens in English, so if you have difficulty understanding it, you may find trouble fitting in with everyone else. Anyways, onto your application.

Number 1: Good to go.

Number 2: Alright, going to do my best to decipher this, so please correct me if I interpret anything incorrectly. You find Minecraft without the Gulliver mod boring, so you want to join a server for it? Well, I do hope this is simply due to the unique gameplay mechanics that the Gulliver mod offers, and not due to anything else. Anyways, this section's a bit short, and from what I can gather doesn't tell us too much about why you want to join our server.

Number 3: So, your skills are PVP, building, and mining? Well, those are pretty generic. Do you have a favorite weapon for PvP? What do you like to build? Anyways, make sure you understand that PvP isn't a primary aspect of our server. It's not banned or anything like that, but tends to not happen too frequently. Next: You don't have any idea how you can help? I'm sure you can think of something. Maybe you could help with public works, such as roads? You're certainly not an unskilled individual, so come up with something for this part.

Number 4: As a whole, these facts are tiny. They're just a few words each. Anyways, onto the facts: I already mentioned that you're from Chile, so no point talking about that again. English isn't your first language, something else I've mentioned. You like sandwiches? What sort? Got a favorite deli meat, or a favorite cheese to put on them? Ah, TF2. We've got a lot of folks on the server who play, so you're not alone on that front. You're a sophomore? In high school, or in college? Anyways, you'll need to make these facts a bit longer. I'd also suggest you find a new fact to replace your second one, since that's a bit boring.

Number 5: Correct, but you'll need to explain why you've picked that rule as well.

Number 6: Correct.

Verdict: So, Nick, you've got the bones of a good application here. However, it's an extremely difficult to read one, and it lacks depth in a lot of areas. As of now, I'm going to deny your whitelist application. However, you're more than welcome to try again at any time. Here's a list of issues that I'd recommend fixing before you resubmit:

1. Add some more length to numbers 2, 3, and 4, and explain your reasoning behind number 5.
2. Try and clean up your English as best as you can.
3. Format your application better. Use numbers before sections, bold titles, etc.

Thanks, and best of luck.
Chicago
Chicago?
Chicago?

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 Empty Re: Whitelist Applications - Archive 1

Post by Chicago? Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Spoiler:

Heya Giroro, I'm Chicago and I'll be reviewing your application today.

Number 1: Name's free of nonsense. Good.

Number 2: Hmm. Well, I'd certainly hope you're interested in the Gulliver mod, given that that's our server's only mod. Wouldn't make much sense for you to join, otherwise. Problem is, you're telling me you want to play on a Gulliver's Mod server when you say this. You're not telling me that you want to join the Big Sister server. Anyways, I can certainly agree that the Gulliver mod loses some of its appeal without other players to liven things up, considering half of its mechanics revolve around interactions between different players. Hmm, RedIronFang? Alright, then. Good to see you've watched some of our videos, at least.

Number 3: Uh oh. A "pyro builder"? Like, fire and such? Yikes. Well, one thing you should keep in mind is that fire doesn't spread on our server, to prevent griefing and such. Anyways, can't say I've dabbled in that at all. Seems borderline insane, but fun in a strange way, I suppose. You're skilled with redstone? Well, that's always good to hear. I do adore interesting redstone devices.

Number 4: Hmm, a private bukkit server? Interesting, I suppose. Ah, a TARDIS. If I had a dime for every one of those I've seen, I'd run down to my local Quiktrip and grab myself some delicious gas station corn dogs. Still, an interesting enough fact, I suppose. I know we have a few Whovians on the server, so I imagine you'll find company in them. Ah, a youtube channel? Neat. You already mentioned your "pyro building" earlier. Ah, you're a veteran as well? I still remember my outrage when Notch announced that torches would eventually burn out. Glad that never came around.

Number 5: Hmm. Quite possibly the most unoriginal rule choice, but oh well. Correct.

Number 6: And correct.

Verdict: Well, Giroro. You've done a decent job with this application. I'm going to whitelist you, but before that I want to talk to you about something. You say RedIronFang recommended our server to you? Well, please stay on your absolute best behavior. Your reputations are now irrevocably linked, so before you do anything you think might portray you in a negative light, remember that your friend who has put his faith in you will have to deal with it as well. Anyways, you should be able to join the server within the next few minutes.

Have fun on the server!

Chicago
Chicago?
Chicago?

Back to top Go down

Post by nvm99 Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:42 pm

ok here we go again

1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

my name is Nicolás Valencia Mundaca,and my nickname is nvm99.

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.

in my opinion, play minecraft without mod, it's pretty boring, so i decided play multiplayer but this time i want to try something different, play multiplayer with mods.

Searching,i found the gulliver mod, i searched information about it and then i tested it.

the experience playing with the mod in single player was amazing, so I decided to find a server with this mod.

after a while I found this server. that's the reason why I want to join this server= enjoy the gulliver experience with other people

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

My talents and skills are : PvP (my favorite weapons is the arrow and bow with the iron sword), building ( two story houses with decoration, hidden rooms and basic castles) and mining
about the mod : i just know how make the potions

My personalities and traits are: hard worker, i never give up, i very competitive, more or less serious and, very optimistic, sometimes I'm a jerk

I can help the community by building roads and public houses

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

1-i am from valparaiso/chile
2- i know how to make "cheese empanadas"
3-i love sandwiches :3
4-i love team fortress 2
5- I'm a sophomore of high school

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

as a chilean, i I understand and accept the terms and the responsibility of my acts

my favorite right is =
8.You have the right to harvest wood or public crops, so long as you replant these

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

The currency is CHEESE

Last edited by nvm99 on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i forgot the "ok here we go again" c:)
nvm99
nvm99

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 Empty White-list

Post by TheCraftJorge Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:38 am

Ciabatta wrote:Hello, and thank you for your interest in joining the Big Sister Gulliver Minecraft server.  The server operates with a whitelist, the application for which you can find below.  

Before you continue, please take a minute to view the official Big Sister Server Quick Guide for an overview of the server and the installation setup.  If after reading the guide you still wish to continue, please reply to this thread with your completed copy of the application below....

My user in minecraft is TheCraftJorge

I would like to join the server since I am Spanish and there is no server with this mod in Spanish and I would like to play this server I saw bastatantes videos and more each time I want to play to play on this server hope you accept my request.
I am very sorry misspellings am writing as ent with a dictionary in hand. Lleba playing minecraft since 1.2,
I hope to get into the server as soon as possible.

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
I know I'm good at making pixel arts ,I know almost every game crafteos , I know mine well

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
It can be very easy to rinse and repeat the same answers from the previous two questions, so here is your chance to truly differentiate yourself from other players.  List five amazing facts about yourself that make you special or that may be of interest to someone in our community.  Be sure to write detailed responses in full sentences, and bulleted-out to make it easier for us to read.  
1-I never get angry in the game
2-I love nature
3-I am very friendly
4-I love all the games
5-I am from Valladolid/Spanish

• I bake breads in real life, but from non-standard ingredients like flax, sorghum, coconut, banana and almond flour.
• I own a pony and llama farm, and engage in the side business of selling the magic of friendship and cheap-imitation alpaca coats.
• I have a full-time job that more than pays for the server (hence why no donations are needed).  
• I own two fantastic Chromebooks, both running Ubuntu Linux in a ChromeOS chroot environment and XFCE4.
• I enjoying eating almost all my food with mint chutney and ghee, although I don't eat wheat in any way, shape or form.  

Of course these are just examples, and unless you really really like mint chutney, it would look really strange to see these same samples in your own list of facts. So be clever and creative! Now is your time to shine! 

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
Feel free to copy and paste it here, or paraphrase it from memory.  The most important thing to demonstrate is that you opened the document and read enough of it to pick one of the rights or responsibilities listed.  What you picked may be used to assess your personality, so choose wisely and feel free to explain your choice if you want.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
Again, we just need to make sure you opened the guide and can find the answer to this very simple question.

Hopefully the information you need has been provided to you in the most clear and detailed way possible, but if you have any questions or are unsure about something, feel free to ask us first before submitting your application.

Thank you and good luck!
Cheese

TheCraftJorge

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadian2Mohawk Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Username: Canadian2Mohawk
My Reasons:My friend says it is a fun server and i should join it to play Gulliver mod since me and him like the mod very much

3 Facts about me:
1.I like building most of the time
2.Like role playing in fun modded servers
3.I am friendly and quiet  silent 
Canadian2Mohawk
Canadian2Mohawk

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibledragon Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:17 pm

TheCraftJorge wrote:
Cheese

CraftJorge, I can't understand your app. Please fix your formatting so we can tell what is a question and what is your answer.

invisibledragon
invisibledragon

RP Character Sheet
Name: Invisible Dragon
Personality Trait: Quiet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibledragon Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Canadian2Mohawk wrote:Username: Canadian2Mohawk
My Reasons:My friend says it is a fun server and i should join it to play Gulliver mod since me and him like the mod very much

3 Facts about me:
1.I like building most of the time
2.Like role playing in fun modded servers
3.I am friendly and quiet  silent 

Mohawk, could you please read the instructions on the first page of this topic on how to fill out an application.  Also,  could you inform us on who is your friend?

nvm99 wrote:ok here we go again

My personalities and traits are: hard worker, i never give up, i very competitive, more or less serious and, very optimistic, sometimes I'm a jerk

1-i am from valparaiso/chile
2- i know how to make "cheese empanadas"
3-i love sandwiches :3
4-i love team fortress 2
5- I'm a sophomore of high school

as a chilean, i I understand and accept the terms and the responsibility of my acts

my favorite right is =
8.You have the right to harvest wood or public crops, so long as you replant these

NVM, being a jerk is not a good skill.  
Your question 4 needs to be full sentences.  
And your question 5 is just as boring the last one you chose, you sound like you will get bored easily here.
invisibledragon
invisibledragon

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadian2Mohawk Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:24 pm

k sorry 5 five facts i guess and my skills and my friends name is callum1h3
Canadian2Mohawk
Canadian2Mohawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadian2Mohawk Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:30 pm

2 more facts:
1. I game a lot
2.I enjoyed those trailers for this server

Skills:Building, Pvp , and last but not least ..... Survival
Canadian2Mohawk
Canadian2Mohawk

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibledragon Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:36 pm

Canadian2Mohawk wrote:k sorry 5 five facts i guess and my skills and my friends name is callum1h3

You will need more than just five facts to fix your app, you need to actually write an app. And sorry, I don't remember that person logging into our server.
invisibledragon
invisibledragon

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibledragon Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:38 pm

monkeyman wrote:What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
monkeyman13456

Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
My friend EpicKyle14 recommended this server to me and I think it will be a lot of fun.

Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
I am an optimistic person and I like being nice and helpful to others. I think I can keep the server very positive. I also like working with other people. I think I would do well working with others to make REALLY cool builds Very Happy .

Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.    I am a teen
                                        I like to swim
                                        I also like to play chess
                                        I like to draw
                                        I love to chill with my friends

To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.
2. You have the right to a brief tour of the spawn city of Spawnington

3.You have a right to an explanation of the server currency, and the methods to buy, sell and 
exchange on our server.

4.You have the right to build a home of an appropriate scale [and make] in an unclaimed area.

I like these three rights because in some other servers you don't have any knowledge of how they do things. These make sure that the players understand how the server operates.

And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

The Big Sister Currency is Cheese.

Monkeyman, your friend Kyle should help you write a proper app.  Questions 2 and 3 need a minimum 60 words.
Question 4 needs full sentences.
Question 5 really needs you to pick only one, but okay.
Please read the instructions and try to write a better application.
invisibledragon
invisibledragon

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 Empty Gulliver Application

Post by BudderCarp101 Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:08 pm

Hello, my name is BudderCarp101. My minecraft username is the same name as my account name on this.(BudderCarp101) The main reason I want to join the server is because i want to make some new friends and just hang out  Very Happy . So five random random facts bout me, well here we go :3

1.Im a brony
2.Ive been playing minecraft since i was bout 3 years now
3.Anime is really awesome, in my opinion
4.I have a phobia of bikes and balloons.
5.I am really obsessed with Doctor Who, Pokemon, Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, PewDiePie, Markiplier, Portal, Dota, Spiral Knights, Half-life, Sherlock Holmes, Halo, Monster Cat, Skrillex, SkyDoesMinecraft, and MunchingBrotato. (I know im obsessed with a lot of things)

My favourite right in, "Novice's Creed', is this one: 13. You have the right to report, with evidence, any crimes committed against you or your property, or 
those belonging to a neighbor, Veteran player, or another Novice player. The reason why this is my favourite is because you need to investigate like Sherlock and you give the evidence to the person you give it to and not a lot of servers do that, in some servers you just report like this 'Reported because flying."
And finally the currency of the server is "cheese."

BudderCarp101

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 pm

BudderCarp101 wrote:Hello, my name is BudderCarp101. My minecraft username is the same name as my account name on this.(BudderCarp101) The main reason I want to join the server is because i want to make some new friends and just hang out  Very Happy . So five random random facts bout me, well here we go :3

1.Im a brony
2.Ive been playing minecraft since i was bout 3 years now
3.Anime is really awesome, in my opinion
4.I have a phobia of bikes and balloons.
5.I am really obsessed with Doctor Who, Pokemon, Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, PewDiePie, Markiplier, Portal, Dota, Spiral Knights, Half-life, Sherlock Holmes, Halo, Monster Cat, Skrillex, SkyDoesMinecraft, and MunchingBrotato. (I know im obsessed with a lot of things)

My favourite right in, "Novice's Creed', is this one: 13. You have the right to report, with evidence, any crimes committed against you or your property, or 
those belonging to a neighbor, Veteran player, or another Novice player. The reason why this is my favourite is because you need to investigate like Sherlock and you give the evidence to the person you give it to and not a lot of servers do that, in some servers you just report like this 'Reported because flying."
And finally the currency of the server is "cheese."

Right, I’m going to try to keep this short because… well, long story short, your app is a disaster, and you should really go back to page 1 and review the application template. There is simply no nicer way to say it.

For one, you only tried answering question number two, skipping three entirely. Not to mention you tried answering number two with one sentence, which is way too short.

As for your facts, the first one is really short, the second pertains more to Minecraft than your personality, and the rest are just about good enough (though five is awfully long…)

Question five and six are both all that you got right, though getting five right is something of a small achievement, so you’re not completely lost.

On that note, you need to follow all of the critiquing I’ve given you, plus work on your grammar and (especially) formatting. Once you’ve got all of that sorted out, we’ll see about getting you whitelisted. ^^
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by HydraWar Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:05 am

HydraWar

I was always interested in the Gulliver mod because it gives you a whole different perspective to Minecraft. I was never interested in the Gulliver Mod for multiplayer until I saw your trailer on YouTube and my older brother NightLord playing on the big sister server. After listening to my brother go on about how the server is I became interested in what the server had to offer.

I just so happen to be a redstone genius and I can help the server by making contraptions, secret entrances, and traps to make the server more exciting for the players. I can also build along side my brother and make creative buildings and houses. I can also cooperate with people in the real world so that the name of the server will be remembered by many of my friends.

• I play the violin everyday.

• I am very talented with redstone.

• I am the lord of all hydras.

• I am a big fan of Harry Potter.

• I was born and raised in Texas.

"Please refrain from asking players and Staff for frequent favors and gifts – self-sufficiency and independence are virtues."

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency
  CHEESE

HydraWar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:25 am

Oh yeah, your brother mentioned you last night.  ^^
And this application doesn't look half bad, I'm glad he followed my advice.  Smile

Well almost... there was a recent requirements change to the application (to deter a wave of REALLY bad applicants), so under the new format you'll have to add a bit more meat to the bones of your Question #4 bullet points (at least a sentence per).  But once you got that squared away your app will be as good to go IMHO.  ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HydraWar Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:21 am

HydraWar

I was always interested in the Gulliver mod because it gives you a whole different perspective to Minecraft. I was never interested in the Gulliver Mod for multiplayer until I saw your trailer on YouTube and my older brother NightLord playing on the big sister server. After listening to my brother go on about how the server is I became interested in what the server had to offer.

I just so happen to be a redstone genius and I can help the server by making contraptions, secret entrances, and traps to make the server more exciting for the players. I can also build along side my brother and make creative buildings and houses. I can also cooperate with people in the real world so that the name of the server will be remembered by many of my friends.

I play the violin everyday to express my love to music.

I am very talented with redstone and like to make redstone machines such as BUD switches.

I am the lord of all hydras. All must bow down or they will be punished.

I am a big fan of Harry Potter. I have a wand and have the full movie collection. I have also read all the books.

I was born and raised in Texas and I've always loved America.

"Please refrain from asking players and Staff for frequent favors and gifts – self-sufficiency and independence are virtues."

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide please write down the name of the official server currency
CHEESE

HydraWar

Back to top Go down

Post by Miisaka Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:03 am

HydraWar wrote:1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
HydraWar

I play the violin everyday to express my love to music.

I am very talented with redstone and like to make redstone machines such as BUD switches.

I am the lord of all hydras. All must bow down or they will be punished.

I am a big fan of Harry Potter. I have a wand and have the full movie collection. I have also read all the books.

I was born and raised in Texas and I've always loved America.  

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency
 CHEESE

Hello Hydra,

Well since Cia looked at your previous attempt, I'll be reviewing your revision.

=================

Question 1 - Seems fine

Question 2 - Ah, nice to have a reference like that so you know what to expect here. I'm glad our trailers have also contributed to your appreciation for the mod ^^

Question 3 - It's cool to have someone who specializes in redstone, adds a bit more to the flavor. In general builders are a nice thing to have, and having the opportunity to do that with someone else can be quite fun.

Question 4 - Onto the facts. They are looking better, but at the same time I miss those bullets >w<

Fact 1: Nice, how long have you been doing it?

Fact 2: game related fact, we figured this out earlier ^^'

Fact 3: Not sure how to take this one, doesn't tell us anything...

Fact 4: Oh, a Harry Potter fan. Nice.

Fact 5: That's cool

Question 5 - correct

Question 6 - correct

=================

Well this one isn't too bad, aside from some problems with the facts I'd say this is definitely a pass. Consider yourself whitelisted.
Miisaka
Miisaka

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caticus_ Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:49 am

Caticus_, but feel free to call me what you want. Could be "Cat", "Cactus", or even "Billy-Bob Johnson", for all I care. Razz

I'd like to join this server because of one simple fact: Singleplayer is boring. You would not believe how overjoyed I was when I finally found a Gulliver server, and a good one, too. With over 300 registered members, I truly think that this server's the most popular!

Yes, playing by yourself on Gulliver's can be interesting, but the fun begins once you add another player or two. I was lucky enough to have a brother who was also interested in the mod, so I was able to have some company as I fought giant mobs and explored with a different size. It was fun, but I wanted more. I searched for a public Gulliver's server and came across this one. I saw that it needed a whitelist application, and that's where I am now.

If life were an RPG, then I'd be either an NPC in the first village or a weak side character. That being said, I'm not the best when it comes to survival. I like mining and exploring, but the mobs just get in the way. Gulliver's gave me some defense against the evil creatures: all I need to do is step on them!

It's tough to describe myself, but I can honestly say I'm a bit of a boring person. There's nothing truly special about me. Other than that, I am quite a peaceful fellow, resorting to words than combat when it comes to things of an annoying nature. Nothing tells a bully off more than outsmarting him. Wink 

- I currently have 2 dogs, a chameleon, a rabbit, and a bird living in my house.

- Despite the above statement, I'm more of a cat-person than a dog-person.

- I'm not entirely sure what animal my character is, much like Plue in the manga, Rave Master. He's probably some kind of cat-thing. (I misplaced my picture that someone drew for me, so enjoy a Mudkip! Very Happy  )

- I do enjoy anime, such as Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, and Full Metal Alchemist. (If any of you have shows to recommend, feel free to show me!)

- My favorite meals are ones that include cinnamon rolls. The perfect blend of cinnamon and glaze... mmm...

You have the right to harvest wood or public crops, so long as you replant these.

I like this right because I myself get annoyed when people don't replant my crops and trees. Saying this is part of the rules makes it clear that everyone else dislikes it, too.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

Cheese, which is interesting. Not what I would have gone with, but it's not my server. Wink

Thank you for reading my application, and I hope to see you folks soon!
Caticus_
Caticus_

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Xzinic wrote:1) My IGN is Xzinic.

2) I would like to join the server for simple reasons as I like playing with other people that have the same taste of mods as I do. However, I want to play on a server that has a strict set of rules that are well enforced and respected. From what I have seen on the (application) forums, this server has a well-maintained order of authority. With a strict method of who becomes white-listed ensures that this server will be reserved for the most dedicated of players. This, coupled by the server moderators being respectful and informative in their critiques, further spikes my interest in the server.

I have had a past experience with a gulliver server before and became recognized by the community as a bit of a smart aleck.

3)

I am a quiet and friendly individual who often aids in the assistance of other people when I am free of time. On the previous gulliver server I've tried repairing the griefed areas near the spawn every now and then. I also have a determined mindset towards goals that can be easily accomplished but take up time to complete. I once dug a 4,000 block tunnel to a mushroom biome so a friend could start a mycelium farm. I made the entrance at the public mine, assuring others could have a safe route to the biome as well. After I built the tunnel, it became apparent that the trip to the biome took to long, so I created a nether portal traveling system to reduce the distance by 1/8 (500 blocks). I often aid my community in building safe travel systems.

4)

• I over-think things too much such as common things like morality, figure of speeches, and emotions.
  • I notice things that other people may overlook, such as how 8 coal can smelt a stack of iron.
  • I have an innate ability to weird other people out, like speaking in phrases only a madman would understand.
  • Most of my comments are in the form of a question; "Is this edit good enough?".
  • I like digging my home in the ground or in a mountain, I feel it is safer against mobs, and stealthy against players.

5) Right #8 "You have the right to harvest wood or public crops, so long as you replant these."

I like this right because of how it affects multiple people when broken, for example: If I were to harvest all the crops and not replant them, then the next person dying from hunger will have no public means of getting food. Which, in turn, causes the person to panic and do something desperate like try to steal from a private source of food. This then affects the person who owned said stolen food. This may not always be the case but one gets the idea.

6) Cheese is the server's cash.

Oh, it seems we managed to miss your app completely! Sorry about that, but it looks like that had been a hectic time around then. Anywho, let's see about getting you reviewed...

Hmmm, your grammar looks pretty good, and your formatting isn't bad. You could probably earn brownie points for bolding those numbers, and/or quoting the questions themselves.

Well, that's definitely an interesting answer for number 2... uh, thanks? Razz  We try to keep these standards up not only for our enjoyment but for the enjoyment (and at times, mental safety) for our players. It's nice to see someone actually happy about that ^^

However, your smart-aleck-ness has been noted. Razz

Anywho, your question 3 looks pretty solid. While I don't remember any tunnels being made (though that kind of determination will help in the construction of large-scale buildings here), I do remember spawns on servers like Gunia's and Dravic's getting griefed rather often. I think you'll appreciate the fact that ours is a whole town, making it more interesting than the former two, in my opinion, and well-protected by things like this whitelist app. On the note of safe travel systems, I think Ciabatta will appreciate your willingness to build more roads. It pays well, trust me Razz

As for your five facts, they are all a solid length and well-formatted. On the note of the over-thinking morality and such, I'm not sure whether to take that as a good or bad thing. Just try not to take it to a bothersome degree ^^;

Oh, and try not to weird anyone out, either. Though your willingness to construct your home in mountains or the ground rather than say, a giant's home without permission is appreciated. We've been having a tad bit of trouble with that, lately...

Well, I can see what you mean by over-thinking! Your question 5 clears with flying colors XD

And six is correct,  and you didn't waste space by specifying the physical representations of our cash Razz

So, overall I think you clear for a whitelist! Welcome to the server, Xzinic ^^

-----

Caticus_ wrote:1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

Caticus_, but feel free to call me what you want. Could be "Cat", "Cactus", or even "Billy-Bob Johnson", for all I care. Razz

I'd like to join this server because of one simple fact: Singleplayer is boring. You would not believe how overjoyed I was when I finally found a Gulliver server, and a good one, too. With over 300 registered members, I truly think that this server's the most popular!

Yes, playing by yourself on Gulliver's can be interesting, but the fun begins once you add another player or two. I was lucky enough to have a brother who was also interested in the mod, so I was able to have some company as I fought giant mobs and explored with a different size. It was fun, but I wanted more. I searched for a public Gulliver's server and came across this one. I saw that it needed a whitelist application, and that's where I am now.

If life were an RPG, then I'd be either an NPC in the first village or a weak side character. That being said, I'm not the best when it comes to survival. I like mining and exploring, but the mobs just get in the way. Gulliver's gave me some defense against the evil creatures: all I need to do is step on them!

It's tough to describe myself, but I can honestly say I'm a bit of a boring person. There's nothing truly special about me. Other than that, I am quite a peaceful fellow, resorting to words than combat when it comes to things of an annoying nature. Nothing tells a bully off more than outsmarting him. Wink 

- I currently have 2 dogs, a chameleon, a rabbit, and a bird living in my house.

- Despite the above statement, I'm more of a cat-person than a dog-person.

- I'm not entirely sure what animal my character is, much like Plue in the manga, Rave Master. He's probably some kind of cat-thing. (I misplaced my picture that someone drew for me, so enjoy a Mudkip! Very Happy  )

- I do enjoy anime, such as Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, and Full Metal Alchemist. (If any of you have shows to recommend, feel free to show me!)

- My favorite meals are ones that include cinnamon rolls. The perfect blend of cinnamon and glaze... mmm...

You have the right to harvest wood or public crops, so long as you replant these.

I like this right because I myself get annoyed when people don't replant my crops and trees. Saying this is part of the rules makes it clear that everyone else dislikes it, too.

Cheese, which is interesting. Not what I would have gone with, but it's not my server. Wink

Thank you for reading my application, and I hope to see you folks soon!

Well, this is certainly an interesting application - for one, you have some of the best formatting, as well as grammar. That’s worth extra points to me Razz

But hold up a minute on question 2. I’m preeetty sure I haven’t seen three hundred different players on the server. And solely because we’re the most popular thing now doesn’t mean we’re a good server, or that we’ll keep our popularity. While I won’t quite take points away from this answer, it’d probably help if you watched on of our server videos (helpfully created by members of the community ^^ ) and put some more specific reasons why you’re joining us.

Well, overall I think you answered question 3 pretty well. Given this is a video game, and on this server PvP has little effect other than deepening rage, your habit of talking rather than fighting is rather prized (and, unfortunately, rather rare). Anywho, there’s still plenty of map to explore, so however ‘boring’ you may think you are, at least you won’t be bored when you’re online (hopefully Razz ).

As for your facts, they’re all good length, but… well, your first and second are rather related for ‘random’ facts, so I’m afraid you’ll have to merge those two and get another fact about yourself. Besides that, they seem good to go, though ^^

For question 5, I can agree with you on the point of plants not getting re-planted. It’s more than a little irking to me, even when I’m purposely clearing land… but I digress. This passes with flying colors for quoting a Right, describing why you like it, etc. etc.

Well excuuuuse me, princess! To be fair though, on the matter of question 6, the ‘cheese’ thing is sort of taken partly from Dravic’s server, and partly from Gunia’s server - both of which we owe maybe half our player base to. Of course, each has also given us their fair share of trouble makers… but that’s besides the point. This answer is a pass Razz

So, overall… dang, this is a close thing. Most of your answers are very good, but you technically missed a fact, and your question 2 isn’t quite as good as it could be… I really hate to hold you back, but I’d rather not give you a marginal pass. Could you please revamp those two parts, please? ^^;
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caticus_ Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:46 pm

BurgerWarrior wrote:Well, this is certainly an interesting application - for one, you have some of the best formatting, as well as grammar. That’s worth extra points to me Razz

But hold up a minute on question 2. I’m preeetty sure I haven’t seen three hundred different players on the server. And solely because we’re the most popular thing now doesn’t mean we’re a good server, or that we’ll keep our popularity. While I won’t quite take points away from this answer, it’d probably help if you watched on of our server videos (helpfully created by members of the community ^^ ) and put some more specific reasons why you’re joining us.

As for your facts, they’re all good length, but… well, your first and second are rather related for ‘random’ facts, so I’m afraid you’ll have to merge those two and get another fact about yourself. Besides that, they seem good to go, though ^^

So, overall… dang, this is a close thing. Most of your answers are very good, but you technically missed a fact, and your question 2 isn’t quite as good as it could be… I really hate to hold you back, but I’d rather not give you a marginal pass. Could you please revamp those two parts, please? ^^;

Alright, here goes...

I'd like to join this server because of one simple fact: Singleplayer is boring. You would not believe how overjoyed I was when I finally found a Gulliver server, and a good one, too. You guys seem to have a lot of players, judging from the number of accounts in the forums!

(Re-worded that last bit, sound better?)

I just watched one of the videos, the one that XShadowScaleX posted on Youtube. It looks like you guys have a lot of fun here! All of the games, adventures, heck, even the buildings! It'd be nice to join in on this, you know?  Wink  

- I currently have 2 dogs, a chameleon, a rabbit, and a bird living in my house. Despite the dogs residing here, I'm more of a cat-person.

- When doing anything that demands my focus, I tend to do so too intently. I probably won't respond quickly if I'm busy. xP

- I'm not entirely sure what animal my character is, much like Plue in the manga, Rave Master. He's probably some kind of cat-thing. (I misplaced my picture that someone drew for me, so enjoy a Mudkip! Very Happy  )

Cheese, which is interesting. I guess it's always good to stick to old habits, huh?

Hope this is better, sorry about that!
Caticus_
Caticus_

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:28 pm

It's much better, actually! Your reasons to join are a tad bit more solid now, and your new random fact is of good length and quality. Welcome aboard, Caticus!

Giant Spin 
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by UsernameDeCarlos Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:56 pm

WhitelistDeCarlos~
1)TheChaoticCarlos
2)I wanna join mostly for a good survival type server with the gulliver mod. In fact I used to play on gunia's server fir a while until I changed computers, and by then installing mods got a lot more complicated. Google search was the one who introduced me to the server.
3)Honestly I got no clue if I will be of help, but as long as im not of a nuisance, we'll just have to see, and by that I mean im mostly a neutral player.
4) I~ I have 2 mini schnauzers, one is brown, and one is grey
   II~ I enjoy mostly any mod that adds a new perspective on the world of minecraft.
   III~ My username is pronounced The(K-otic)Carlos, so many people say it wrong.
   IV~ I think Dr.Pepper is way better then Coke.
    V~ Ive met/known all three of the moderators Smile (keegei seems to remember me as a pig)
5) #20~Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun. In my opinion this one is good because its always best for everyone to be friends.
6)the currency is indeed cheese

Last edited by UsernameDeCarlos on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To make better I hope)
UsernameDeCarlos
UsernameDeCarlos

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilk Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Hey There Carlos,

While I may not exactly be authorized to review white-list applications, I hope you wont mind me giving you a few pointers as to how you can improve you application since I read on the forums that the we lower level citizens are allowed to help as well, so let us take a peek shall we?

1) In Questions 2 and 3, you may need to add a bit more info, especially in question three, on a side note I'm not sure If not being too much of a help is a good thing... but we'll see. Oh yeah, And remember, 60-90 words on these two as well.
2) In Question 5, please explain why you like this rule and or how it benefits the server.
3) Try to revise this to make it a bit easier to read, maybe by adding some spacing, or bolding certain topics, just a suggestion as this isn't manditory.
4) Fix any spelling errors as I see a few.

That's about all I see wrong here, however I'll leave it up to the moderators to decide how to handle you, just making a couple of suggestions and whether or not you choose to take my advice is completely up to you. Remember to Resubmit!

Good Luck! ^^
Tilk
Tilk

RP Character Sheet
Name: Victor Geon
Personality Trait: Formal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 30 Empty WhitelistappDeCarlos

Post by UsernameDeCarlos Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:56 pm

WhitelistDeCarlos~
1)TheChaoticCarlos

2)I wanna join mostly for a good survival type server with the gulliver mod. Infact I used to play on gunia's server for a while until I got into other stuff. Although the full story is that after a google search or two I found gunia's server, and I played there for a while. After some time I took a break from minecraft and got into call of duty and other xbox stuff, but just a few months ago, I got back into minecraft. I started modding and then got back into this mod, a few google searched later and here I am.

3)I don't really have many talents, but as long as im not of a nuisance, then I should be able to help and then some Smile. I am pretty good with redstone (but not so much command blocks). I have a pretty good sense or creativity, although im no Einstein. I could be a extra hand if needed! But as always im no gifted child. Although I do like feeling needed. 
          Giant Present 

II~ I mostly enjoy any mod that adds a new perspective on the world of minecraft.

V~ Ive met/known all three of the moderators Smile (keegei seems to remember me as a pig)

5) #20~Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun. <-Those are my favorite traits in a server. 

UsernameDeCarlos
UsernameDeCarlos

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:05 pm

UsernameDeCarlos wrote:WhitelistDeCarlos~
1)TheChaoticCarlos

2)I wanna join mostly for a good survival type server with the gulliver mod. Infact I used to play on gunia's server for a while until I got into other stuff. Although the full story is that after a google search or two I found gunia's server, and I played there for a while. After some time I took a break from minecraft and got into call of duty and other xbox stuff, but just a few months ago, I got back into minecraft. I started modding and then got back into this mod, a few google searched later and here I am.

3)I don't really have many talents, but as long as im not of a nuisance, then I should be able to help and then some Smile. I am pretty good with redstone (but not so much command blocks). I have a pretty good sense or creativity, although im no Einstein. I could be a extra hand if needed! But as always im no gifted child. Although I do like feeling needed. 
          Giant Present 

II~ I mostly enjoy any mod that adds a new perspective on the world of minecraft.

5) #20~Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun. <-Those are my favorite traits in a server. 

Heya! thanks for applying =]

Your name seems suitable for the server, though hopefully you wont be causing much chaos in the server when you join ;P

Moving onto the first question, youve given a lot of information at first glance which is nice ^_^. You came from Gunia's did you? well you should be quite welcome here, there are many players on here that came from Gunia's too, maybe you'll meet old freinds =] Anyways, I would say that the actual content of this part is lacking a little, some specific features and such taht brought you in particular would be nice, but since its well written and the other sections of the app are nice, ill let it slide =]

As for the third question, lots of content here too to go through ^_^ your very humble about your abilities, which is a massive plus in my book, too many people are cocky and say they are the most amazing builders on minecraft, then you look and its a dirt house xP Anyways we value highly those who are willing to help others, and I can be sure that you will feel needed for many of the builds around the server if you like ^_^.

Next is the facts, which I feel is a bit lacking atm as they are a bit cliche, with the pet fact and also the mod comment, as it seems obvious since your using the mod. But eh... whatever I might be being a little picky xP they are of resonable length, so ill pass it ^_^.

and finally the last two security questions are correct =] would have been nice if you commented more on teh responsibility though.

All in all, while having a few flaws in parts of the app, id say that you seem like the type of person we welcome in this server, so im going to pass your app, and you'll be whitelisted shortly. ^_^ enjoy yourself on there!

ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next