Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Old Unbanning Applications EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Old Unbanning Applications EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Old Unbanning Applications EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Old Unbanning Applications EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Old Unbanning Applications EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Old Unbanning Applications EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Old Unbanning Applications EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Old Unbanning Applications EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Old Unbanning Applications EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Old Unbanning Applications

+28
builderfish8
McSmithy
Haasman29
Minoriko
Turn999
Cordelia
FrutyLudy69
MoaOxii
Cykrion 2.0
StorySaysTruth
Jams
invisibledragon
Miisaka
kidbatJT
Chicago?
Flammole
BurgerWarrior
The_Glitch
Spookster
Mister_ee
Drakenguard
FluffyNyan
Dude1002746
SpeederTGS
BreakRoom
Ajjget
ShadowScale
Ciabatta
32 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Old Unbanning Applications Empty Old Unbanning Applications

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Reserving this thread for unbanning applications, which are used to process parole hearings for banned players willing to put in the effort to get unbanned.

More info to follow in this space at some point, once more critical works get completed first.

Last edited by Ciabatta on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Old Unbanning Applications Empty Re: Old Unbanning Applications

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 pm

This is a raw posting of Dude1002746's unbanning application that was originally slated to be posted on the Main Forum two weeks ago. Since this application could not be completed in time before our forum switchover, I will continue the assessment here using the old criteria carried over from the Main forum.  

Please watch this space later for a full assessment of his application. Thank you.

IGN: Dude1002746

Why do you Want to Join the Server: I was banned from the Gulliver server fairly recently from something I did on the sister server. I am asking for a second chance, and to help out anyone who might be in need (even if it is a moderator). I will completely avoid conflicts like spawning mini creepers, or even battling with unfair chances (even if the losing player won’t lose anything). I will apologize to old friends and tell them not to do the same as I have. If they don’t accept my return at first then I will give them the time they wish to think about it. If need be, I accept moderators and other players to watch over me, to make sure I don’t do anything drastic like before. I will continue to play the game the way I played it before I got banned, with respect and honor towards other players, and their decisions (even if I don’t always agree with them). I wish to get to know more people as well as I do my friends (including you). I have read the rules once again and agree to all of them (including the moderator rules).

What Will you do to Contribute: I will welcome new players and help them out in as many ways as I can. I will say goodbye to quitting players and give them the best farewell they could possibly imagine. I enjoy building, and will help build: RP sets (or add on to existing ones), shelters or different types of landmarks, or houses for players to live in, and even help out with the railway that you are currently working on. I will join in role plays, and help out in making new ones (I even have ideas for some that I have thought of fairly recently). I will invite my friends, if they decide to get the mod (if that’s ok). There will be no need for any help from moderators; I will tell them everything they’ll need to know (so no work for you guys).

Tell us About Myself: Well… there is a lot to myself, but I’m sure that you wouldn’t want to hear EVERYTHING, so I’ll try to keep it short. I’m a Male, and my real name is Gabe. I love to play video games, and I play minecraft the most (My favourite video game is Pikmin 3 for the WiiU). Whether I’m messing around with modifications, playing minigames, or building on my friend’s servers, I’m always doing something. I’ve played minecraft since beta 1.7.3 (I’m not quite sure when that was released, and I tried to look it up), and loved every minute of it. I’m extremely familiar with the Gulliver mod (I’ve been playing since the 1.4.6 version) and have gotten used to the tiny player items, controls, strengths and weaknesses. I only play as a tiny (Giant is too overpowered in my opinion), but will make exceptions (like when I die really far away from my spawn and want to get my items back). I also love to draw, and play tennis. I’m focusing on learning how to draw anime (or manga) but I enjoy drawing cartoons aswell. Oh yeah I almost forgot… I’m from Canada (no I don’t say “EH?”)

Other: I’ve said this four times now, and I’m saying it for the fifth (and hopefully final) time… I love cheese (and I enjoy a good slice of bread aswell)

P.S. Sorry this toke so long, I’ve just been busy with work and family stuff, but I finally have it done
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:13 am

Hello everyone,

Allow me the opportunity to conduct our first parole hearing for one Dude1002746 (hereafter referred to as the "felon") who was banned from the Big Sister server on November 10th, 2013 [by then presiding co-owner cory28] for the crime of "Abuse of power and immaturaity [sic], and covering up the issue".  The merits of the crime are currently not up for debate -- regardless of whether there was any degree of bias to the accusation, the truth is that there existed enough text and eye-witness evidence to corroborate that abuse of moderator power did occur, which to someone as new and unproven as the felon, constitutes a very clear and present danger.

Be that as it may, given the time that has passed and the continued efforts by the felon to apologize and make amends for these misdeeds, it has been proposed by some members of our staff that the felon be given a second chance to enlist on our server.  Therefore, this lengthy unbanning application and reassessment process has been carried out to ensure that the felon's willingness to make amends is genuine.  After all, talk is cheap, visible effort is not.

The unbanning application will be analyzed by me into a series of bullet points highlighting both exemplar cases of good behavior and understanding, as well as deficiencies in thought or concern for our well-being.  My final assessment is to be shared with all interested, whitelisted parties on our forum, especially staff, who will have a period of 24 hours to provide thoughts and feedback.  I will then use any thoughts or feedback provided to determine the extent and severity of my final ruling.

The felon may pop into this thread to ask questions only when asked, but must refrain from interfering or influencing opinion in any way, shape or form.

BEGIN ASSESSMENT:

• The felon's banning application has a handful of spelling mistakes, but otherwise has surprisingly good grammar structure and cases, and so the structural requirements are adequately-met.  Although this application needn't take long to write for an experienced writer, chances are this is the culmination of two weeks worth of writing, rereading and quality control for a person of his disposition, and for that the felon should be commended for taking the effort to fulfill those requirements.

• The felon provides his in-game name.

• The felon correctly makes reference to the fact he was previously banned, without questioning its merits.  He details specific affronts committed, and ways in which to apologize to those directly affected by his behavior. 

• The felon promises to observe patience for those, and correctly notes that a period of several months may elapse before he can be trusted as a reliable member of our community   The felon agrees to be observed diligently after his parole, until such time as he can be trusted.

• The felon agrees to have read the old rules from Gunia's Main Server, although these no longer apply here as of this writing.  If granted parole, the felon will be asked to read the Novice's Creed for the time being, until proper documentation can be set up for this purpose.

• The felon agrees to welcome new players, although as conditions of his parole, he may not be allowed to do this.

• The felon claims to be a good builder which may be true given some samples of his work on Main.  However, as conditions of his parole, he will be barred from participating in public works such as Spawnington, unless such works involve mundane excavation or dredging on a massive scale.  The felon will note that as part of his parole, he will not have Creative and will not be allowed the use of free resources -- he must build all creations from scratch using Survival game methods and techniques.

• The felon references a strong interest in roleplay -- as such, as part of his parole, he will be mandated to install TabbyChat in full, so he can participate in roleplaying without disrupting other players.  Failure to install Tabbychat and engaging in non-channeled RPs will be treated as a bannable offense.

• The felon proposes inviting friends over as if simple player quantity were important to us; however, as conditions of his parole, this will not be allowed to deter subterfuge.  We have already had one incident of a certain Rickson, a self-professed friend of the felon, trying to influence the opinion of one moderator, and shift the blame of the felon's crime almost entirely on another moderator.  Therefore, for the foreseeable future, the felon will make due with rebuilding trust with his old friends.

• The felon continuously assumes that moderators should not have to do any work as he will assume all work responsibility for them.  The felon needs to be reminded he is NOT a moderator, and as such will not make these assumptions, nor will he do any attempt to subvert a moderator's authority.  This is especially true when it comes to new applicants, as not supervising the entry of "friends" into the server could constitute an invitation for griefer videos on Youtube.

• The felon rightfully notes that we are not interested in his life story.

• The felon describes ample knowledge of Minecraft and older Gulliver releases, but makes no mention of the newer 1.6.2 release.  The felon will be required to install this version of Gulliver using the Forge auto-installer and my guide.

• The felon admits to pursuing some creative arts, including anime, drawing and sports, and admits to being Canadian.  However, neither of these should be used to profile the felon.

• Since the application uses the old rules on Gunia's Main forum, the cheese requirement is noted.

• It should also be noted that the felon took nearly two weeks to submit this banning application, and did not communicate any delays until I made reference to it and set a specific deadline.

• It should be noted on the side that the felon has tried and failed to negotiate a pardon with me via private message shortly the unbanning process started, so I am aware of his "smooth talking" tactics.  I encourage all other staff to exercise caution when dealing with the felon in private.

• The felon has been instructed to accept my disdain for a minimum period of six months with good behavior, after which I will reconsider opening a dialogue with him.

• And in case it is not perfectly clear before, the felon will not nor ever regain a moderator status on the Big Sister server ever again -- this banning reapplication is solely for rehabilitation on our server using Survival play.  A moderator may still choose to enlist the felon as a Deputy when this role is created, but staff are asked to wait a minimum of two months before offering the felon any semblance of a position of power.

END ASSESSMENT

We will now adjourn for today, and allow interested and whitelisted parties (including staff) to provide thoughts and feedback on the assessment above.  Again, this will be used to shape the extent and severity of my final ruling.  

As a reminder, the felon may pop into this thread to ask questions only when asked, but must refrain from interfering or influencing opinion in any way, shape or form.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:03 am

Clearly he's passionate about these servers and obviously determined to make amends. You can see by the way the application is written and the language thats used that he has taken the time to think through his answers carefully, and answer them in the fullest that he can, its no absent minded request.

Hes admitted to the crime and understood what he did wrong and even said that he will apologize to those hes offended. He also noted that he will be watched carefully upon entering and understood that fact.

Note that I'm not personally familiar with the offense, I'm just looking at the evidence and witness accounts provided and basing my thoughts on that.

Hes put a great amount of effort into his post, and I feel like he should be given another chance, as hes clearly serious about joining us again =]
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajjget Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:30 am

Dude was a good enough player when he joined in, and I really didn't think he should've been banned, just deopped. I vote he can come back in..

Ajjget

Back to top Go down

Post by BreakRoom Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:06 pm

well from the get go I though banning was a bit of a over kill, still, I was not there and things did get very tense after, I agree on unbanning but I think he still needs to work for full confidence.
BreakRoom
BreakRoom

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ciabatta Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:23 pm

SpeederTGS wrote:Although I Didn't Know Him Personally. (I Am Aware Of His Crimes) I Belive That He Should Be Given A Second Chance, While I DO Question One Thing. The One That Says He MUST Use The {RP1} Thing Is Kinda Flawed...Most RPs Go On In Normal Chat While If Someone Becoems Bothered They Switch Over. If This Was Intentional Alrighty, But If Not You May Need To Tweak This Part :3

Nope, those RPing in Global chat are essentially breaking the law on my server, especially since I went through the trouble of setting up those channels.  Doesn't matter if no one is around... all RPs in RP1 or RP2 only.  I may be lenient from time to time depending on mood, but definitely not for felons.  Wink
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:45 am

Although he was not able to make it here this evening, BurgerWarrior also wishes to convey his support, since he's known the felon for a very long time, and feels that he simply made one mistake after a pretty clean record.  He feels this should not receive the same level of severity as, say, a certain convicted griefer we know who also wishes to return to the forum.  He begs for the highest favorable ruling possible.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:24 am

Final Ruling

The 24-hour feedback period is now over, and I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to share their thoughts on the assessment, and overwhelmingly lend their support for the unbanning.

I'd like to take the opportunity to stress the importance of going through this lengthy and tedious process for something as seemingly simple as pardoning a player.  In short, I want us to be a community, to protect our community to the full extent of our abilities, and to be able to voice opinions and share in the decision making like a proper community.  In so doing, the decision to unban a person won't lie solely on the dictatorial whims of a single admin type, but rather the collective desire of a vast majority of players.  It is genuinely gratifying to work and play in an environment that cares to that extent, and hopeful the unbanned player will appreciate the privilege of being pardoned by multiple people willing to extend him a second chance.

Based on the positive aspects of the assessment, combined with the largely-positive public feedback, it is the judgement of this owner to award the felon (hereafter restored to the name of Dude1002746) with a reinstated whitelist in Good Judgement, effective immediately.  The Good Judgement ruling ensures certain restrictions previously established can be lifted or reduced, provided the following conditions of parole are followed when returning to server life:

• The conditions of parole should be observed for a minimum period of 30 days
  • Dude1002746 will still need to accept some degree of supervision upon his return, to ensure he meets the conditions of parole.
  • Dude1002746 will return to the server as a novice rank, and must read the Novice's Creed:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z07iuqinzl3nedj/NovicesCreed.pdf
  • Dude1002746 will be allowed to interact with new players and offer assistance.
  • Dude1002746 will refrain from inviting friends to the server until after the conditions of parole cease to be observed.
  • Dude1002746 must still refrain from asking for supplies, but will be allowed to receive supplies from willing players.
  • Dude1002746 must still install TabbyChat and will be asked to follow my installation guides for Gulliver for Minecraft 1.6.2 and TabbyChat:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/958pdolca8sqo55/Gulliver162Installation_ForgeAutoInstaller.pdf
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyg50bmob5lyj4p/TabbyChatGuide162.pdf
  • Dude1002746 will be asked to read the full Sister Server Guide:  
    http://ciabatta-breadalot.blogspot.com/p/guides.html
  • Dude1002746 will still be prohibited from becoming a moderator, but
  • Dude1002746 will have no restrictions in pursuing one of the new law enforcement ranks (up to Commissioner), so long as good behavior is demonstrated.
  • My disdain period will be reduced from six months to 45 days, provided good behavior is demonstrated.

Congratulations, and welcome back.
This unbanning session is hereby adjourned.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Dude1002746 Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:29 pm

....honestly thanks guys, like seriously I would hug all of you if I could. I know it looks like I haven't been doing anything, but I was watching this forum post and it looks like you guys would go out of your way to unban me so again... thanks
Dude1002746
Dude1002746

RP Character Sheet
Name: Gabe
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyNyan Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Unban me. I did nothing but a couple of mistakes. I am sorry if I did anything to anger anyone but I believe i deserve a second chance! Thank you
Hugz.

FluffyNyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakenguard Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:03 pm

FluffyNyan wrote:Unban me. I did nothing but a couple of mistakes. I am sorry if I did anything to anger anyone but I believe i deserve a second chance! Thank you
Hugz.

Hm. I wonder who this could be. Regardless, this "unbanning application" is minimal at best. I don't see how you thought this would get you pardoned.
Drakenguard
Drakenguard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:19 pm

This is a raw posting of Donald_Teh_Duck's whitelist re-application that was originally posted on the Minecraft forum thread today upon the request to unban him.  Donald_Teh_Duck has waited the stated 3 months, so he is eligible for a parole hearing as of 4/1/2014.

The whitelist application is inadequate to cover the unbanning requirements, but I will use this as the basis for a personalized unbanning application to be posted here later.  Donald_Teh_Duck will need to complete this unbanning application first -- using elements of his rewritten application as needed -- before we can proceed with my assessment and eventual staff/player vote.

Please watch this space later for a copy of the unbanning application.

Donald_Teh_Duck wrote:
Hello. As if 4.3.14 I am making a new whitelist.

My IGN (In game name) is Donald_Teh_Duck   |Those are Case Sensitive|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to join this sever because I've always been intrested in the idea
of being small. How it would be like to transverse the terrain of Minecraft and
I would also like to come back to this server because these people are all nice
And friendly. And as an addition I've also been on probation so I am back. As I
promised fresh and clean. This time I will make a new name for myself instead of what is was before.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would contribute to this server by acting right.
Keeping others on track.
My skills and talents vary. From shooting a bow and arrow very well to my thirst for adventure that will send
me anywhere basicly. Most of mods know me of my 3 hours being on the server. My personality has changed
,dramaticly over these few months Ive been on probation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do play a sport irl, I've been playing soccer for 8 yrs
at most now.
I also do JROTC which makes us do charity work basicly.
No I dont design mods nor am' I a linux user.
I skipped a grade.
My name first name is Donald IRL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My favorite right is
If thou is held captive by a giant or a PVP obsessed player
THOU HATH THY RIGHT TO DEFEND OR PROTEST AND ACT OR DEFEND ONE SELF IF NECESSARY.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The current currency of the server is cheese..
-------------------------------------------------------------
As of 4.3.14 I Donald_Teh_Duck have finished my application.
-Sincerly, Donald_Teh_Duck
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:46 pm

This is to note that Donald_Teh_Duck has not replied with his agreement to continue with the parole hearing by the 4/12/2014 deadline. Therefore, he waives the right to have this parole hearing, and no further hearing will be scheduled until 5 months from now, or 9/14/2014, when he can still have an additional parole hearing if he wishes.

Otherwise, we wish him well in his endeavors and hopefully he will continue to change and mature, for his own sake, as time goes on.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister_ee Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:30 am

Haddo. I've (finally) made the decision to make an app! I don't entirely know how to do this, so I'm just gonna speak from my mind.

First of all. I joined Dravics server to fool around and have fun, after a while I met some people by the name of Keegwi and Moltac. I started getting bored of gullivers mod so I stopped playing on the server for a while. some time later I wanted to just hop on to see how they were doing, I got on, and we had fun. later I attempted to leave again, but I just couldn't. I had grown a connection with this server and could not leave it. I started being friends with everyone, met alot more people. Then dravics server stopped and I felt like this was all over, but when I moved to Gunias with the group of people, I realised it wasn't the server that I grew a connection with, but it was everyone else. later there were only more and more people joining in, and I was constantly becoming friends with more and more people. we all moved to Ciabattas server and everything was fine.

Later on I was talking to my friend SpeederTGS. when then he started telling me terrible things about Ciabatta (which now I understand were only lies to get me to join him). he got me to actually start believing in these lies, and I agreed to make a rebellion. We started up a server, but that was only when things grew worse. Speeder told me more lies, by that time I had it and went insane on dynmap, telling these lies Speeder told me, later my heart skipped a beat when Shadow banned me, but it was understandable. after that we stopped the Skyscraper server. and then Speeder told me to delete everyone from my friends list from the server and start over with him. It was painful deleting all those people, and some I couldn't even do it. Eventually he admitted some of his lies (like how he's 13 instead of 17, and he never recruited to the army. -.-) this was when I started questioning him. later I refused to be bossed by him and am no longer his friend. I took a long look at everything he said and came to understand so much that I did not even understand fully. Ciabatta, Shadow, and everyone else I am deeply sorry. I take full responsibility for it. And how Shadow had to ban one of his friends he's known for around a year and a half for the better of the server really shows how commited he is to all this, and I admire that. I don't know how you could unban me, what with the rebellion and all those lies told on your own dynmap. I am just sorry. I would like to rejoin this server for all those friends I left behind.

So, that is how I feel. I really hope everyone will forgive me and let me back. If not, then I'm glad I at least had a chance to make this app. That is all.
Mister_ee
Mister_ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:40 am

Thank you for expressing interest in returning,  Ee.  For those of you who dont know, Mister_ee was eligible for parole starting 6/15, so he is taking the opportunity (after much consideration) to rrjoin us.

You successfully accomplished the first step, so later on we'll get together to hammer out the remainder of the unbanning app.  I think you will get through this just fine, though.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Hello Mister_ee,

As you well know, you were banned from our server in the vicinity of March 15th due to disruption of peace and conspiracy to cause harm to our server using a variety of methods, ranging from attempts to create artificial lag to intimidation of players sharing their time on both Big Sister and the newly-created Skyscraper.  Although the Skyscraper episode did not stop the Big Sister server from continuing, it did create some residual harm as far as time and money wasted by Flamm and myself, the loss of some players due to the various intimidation and disruption campaigns, causing work-strain on staff due to the immediate loss of two deputy staff members, and by permanently slandering me and my efforts.  This has virtually guaranteed that SpeederTGS be added to the exclusive blacklist as he demonstrated a willingness to abuse friendships and harm fellow players purely for egoistical reasons.  This also guarantees that CaptainDiggens may have trouble returning since he has apologized without expressing any indication that he has learned from his mistakes.  

In your case, however, you have the advantage of being proactively sincere in your efforts to make amends, plus you have in your favor a reasonable record prior to your banning.  Before the Dynmap incident, you were known as being reasonably-trustworthy and understanding, certainly one of the better players coming to us from Dravics.  And while there were already efforts underway to remove CaptainDiggens from his post long before Skyscraper or the KeepInventory vote (and all these attempts were stopped by Ajjget), there was no such attempt with your post since we all collectively agreed you were still adequate for the Deputy role.  Therefore, your Dynmap attack came to a shock to us all, and an indication of how terrifyingly-radicalized you had all become when joining that Skyscraper server.

That being said, if we can agree that your actions were the result of being swept into the fervor of the moment, and in hindsight you agree and understand that your actions were hurtful, uncalled for and unlike you, then I believe you should be eligible for parole with mercy, meaning that during your parole process we will not see a need to interrogate or de-personalize you, as was the case with our last parolee.  

We will, however, need you to publicly explain your intent to go forth with the unbanning application and apologize publicly for all prior misdeeds (which you've already done above) and then fill out a custom unbanning application completely and honestly (which I am currently typing up).  once you submit this personalized-unbanning application, then I will offer my assessment, and follow it up with a feedback session whereby all interested parties (both players and staff) get to comment on my assessment and on your worthiness to be re-admitted back into our server.  This process can take around 3 days, but after that period is complete, then I offer my final ruling, be it to reject your unbanning application, accept it with conditions, or accept it with no conditions. 

Now that you've read the steps involved, let me know if you agree, find the process fair, and are willing to go through with it as a demonstration of your will to join with us again.  In the meantime, I will begin drafting up a personalized unbanning application for you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister_ee Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:10 pm

That sounds completely fine with me, and apologizing with everyone should be easy, since I've already apologized to most players as it is. But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get unbanned.
Mister_ee
Mister_ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:21 pm

Excellent, thank you very much for the determination.  ^^

Below is your customized unbanning application.  This is meant to be used only by you, as it is specific to your circumstances.  

There will be guidelines to follow, so to avoid any issues I recommend reading through them carefully and following all instructions indicated.  Please don't rush this application -- fill it out completely and carefully, as it will be used to reflect on the extent of your sincerity and determination.

=============================================

QUESTION #1:  Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here.
There is a reason for asking this obvious question.

QUESTION #2:  Please explain why you would like to rejoin our Server.
You are free to recycle from your public announcement of intent and apology above, as you do touch on reasons for wanting to rejoin.  Considering the ease in which you could have simply vanished and avoided the scrutiny you will undergo here, there must be a reason you opted to endure and return with us.  And surely the reason transcends friendship, as you can still keep in contact with your friends via Steam, Skype and email.  

Please type your reply in no less than 90 words.

QUESTION #3:  Please explain what reparations you would like to offer upon a return to our server.
This is not quite the same question as in the whitelist application, since you already demonstrated a willingness to contribute negatively to our server and that's not always easily forgotten.  But if time heals all wounds, good actions serve as the "first aid cream" to expedite the process.  Aside from reuniting with your friends and staying out of trouble, is there anything you would do to help restore the fun, amicable and productive atmosphere of our server?  Bear in mind this does not have to be material goods (though I could use some extra hands for building details and roads), but can also be personal/moral/ethical contributions.  

Please type your reply in no less than 90 words.

QUESTION #4: Please list five random facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft or your involvement in prior Gulliver servers.
Since you never had to do the new application, this is a chance to see how you would normally answer this if you were coming to us as a new player.  

Please add your answers as bullet points and state them in full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per fact.

QUESTION #5:  Please reread the Novice, Veteran and Deputy's creeds, and list the various rights and responsibilities that were infringed upon from the incident.
The point here is to have you understand the infraction committed in the context of your personal responsibility, especially since we technically had no (and continue to have no) rules in which to dictate your actions.  The drawback to having Rules and Responsibilities is that it places the onus to follow them on you the responsible players, rather than us if we had some arbitrary rules to enforce.  

Please simply quote the rights or responsibilities here, including where they are from -- no need to comment on them unless you want to.

QUESTION #6:  Please list five things you have learned from this incident, and how you feel that has made you improve as a person. 
Anything, even a videogame, can be a learning experience if you can use it to grow as a person.  The purpose of this question can be best summed up by the poignant question in the latest Batman franchise: "Why do we fall?". Research the question if you don't know it, and when you do know the answer and can see the parallel with your own situation, you should be more motivated to answer this question honestly and proudly.  

Please add your answers as bullet points and state them in full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per insight.

QUESTION #7:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your previous ban.
Now we get to the acknowledgements portion of the unbanning application.  

Please submit a full sentence of no less than 15 words stating that you acknowledge the above statement.

QUESTION #8:  Please acknowledge that you understand that you will forfeit the right to regain your Deputy status, and the opportunity to ever become Deputy, Commissioner or Moderator from here on out.  
Unfortunately this is a consequence of getting the infraction while in the staff position... since it is a strong position of trust, it is hard-to-impossible to regain that level of trust afterwards.  This is why I make such a big deal about staff positions, because they are responsibilities, not rewards, and most people fail to understand that until after they become staff and realize the full severity of those words.  You will however, and given enough time, have the opportunity to become a Monthly Moderator on Little Brother if you so choose to run for that position.  

Please submit a full sentence of no less than 15 words stating that you acknowledge the above statement.

QUESTION #9:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Assessment phase. 
Collecting feedback from players and staff is critical to the unbanning process, as it makes the act of unbanning a "communal" effort rather than simply a wild whim of the owner.  In this way, we all share the pride (or the risk) of unbanning you.  During this process, you will be allowed to answer questions if you are asked any, but as a matter of principle you cannot interfere, influence or disrupt the process in any way. 

QUESTION #10:  Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and will do your utmost to not let our efforts go in vain by pledging to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.
I intentionally did not use the word "community" to avoid the pitfalls behind that word... that's because we're still a game and we still have to maintain some form of irreverence, but at the same time it takes a good deal of trust and courage to share this game of ours with someone who once harmed us and who we won't know if he'll want to do it again.  A personal assurance from you will do your best to never let this happen happen will go a long way towards demonstrating your resolve, on top of all the effort you've done in filling out this unbanning application. After all, talk is cheap, but actions are not.  

=============================================

And that should be all.

If you'd like to know more about why we do what we do, please read my Owner's Creed as it's likely been a very long time since you've read it before.  After you read it, you may come to understand why certain people who lied to you acted in the hysterical way that they did, and you may also come to understand why we can be distant and cold, but at the same time generous and forgiving.  We are not monsters, simply realists, and the more you accept us with all our faults and virtues, the more we can reciprocate, and the happier we will all be as a result. 

Anyway, please try to complete this application by the end of day Sunday, July 6th.  If you need more time, please let us know immediately and we can offer extensions.

Thank you and good luck!
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister_ee Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here: mister_ee

Please explain why you would like to rejoin our Server: I would like to rejoin to play with my friends, and perhaps become friends with more players. I mostly just hop on to talk to people.

Please explain what reparations you would like to offer upon a return to our server: I will help in any way I can, from building, to sharing any sort of knowledge I have, or even just letting people have a good time. I mostly do my dorky stunts just so people can laugh and feel comfortable when around me, I hope I can do that again.

Please list five random facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft or your involvment in prior Gulliver servers: 1: I live in California. 2: my race is so mixed up I don't even know some of the races I have. 3: I am left handed. 4: I spent a while learning about our universe and how everything works. 5: I used to have speach issues when I was little.

Please reread the Novice, Veteran and Deputy's creeds, and list the various rights and responsibilities that were infringed upon from the incident: "3. Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any." I was not courteous of staff. "12. Please refrain from the overuse of inappropriate language or mature content in your messages." Now, I don't talk about mature content, nor cuss. However what I said about you and the server is close enough to "inappropriate language".

Please list five things you have learned from this incident, and how you feel that has made you improve as a person: 1: I have learned to stop only looking at one guys point of view, but instead next time take a close look at the whole scenario. 2: I have learned to not take things too seriously/dramatic (I mean, this is a game afterall, no need to create a rebellion against a server and just ruin everyones day.) 3: I have learned from all this to stand up and apologize for what you know you've done wrong. 4: Never attempt to delete most of your friends you've known for longer than a year just to start new with two or 3 other friends. Look at the scale and tell me which one outweighs the other. 5: Even no matter how much you wanna tell someone off, don't do it, think for a second. Realize that everyone, everywhere's always going through tough times. instead of hating on them, be kind to all. That's probably the biggest lesson I've learned out of all this.

Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your previous ban: I do in fact understand. I deserved to be banned, and admire Shadow for it.

Please acknowledge that you understand that you will forfeit the right to regain your Deputy status, and the opportunity to ever become Deputy, Commissioner or moderator from here on out: Yes, I wasn't expecting to have deputy back. Besides I think you're good with the deputies, commissioners etc. on Bigsister server.

Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Assessment phase: I will listen. I am actually anxious to see what they have to say about the whole scenario.

Please acknowledge that you will understand and respect the level of effor put behind your application, and will do your utmost to not let our efforts go in vain by pledging to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server: Oh, there is no way I'm going to let this app go in vein, I understand your work put into this, as I have as well, I put all my concentration on this app, and four hours later I feel I am finished!
Mister_ee
Mister_ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:58 am

Hello Mister_ee,

Thank you for completing the unbanning application so quickly. 

Although at first glance the overall format suffers as a result since it is visibly rushed and does not enjoy the ease of reading provided by bulleted-lists and bolded headers, your sense of urgency is noted, and the app itself has good spelling, grammar and sufficiently-detailed responses (in most cases).  I will go ahead with the assessment, and have it open for comments for a period of two days... with any luck on your behalf, you could return as early as the 4th of July holiday.

BEGIN ASSESSMENT:

• Mister_ee has provided his full in-game name to confirm this assessment is for him and him alone, and cannot be reused for other unbanning applications.

• Mister_ee has answered the question in 26 characters out of the required 90, on top of which he also exclusively lists friendship as the sole reason for rejoining our server.  This poses the risk of a resurgence if something were to happen to said friends (even through no fault of our own), so while his sense of loyalty is admiral, we should bear in mind that it is not extended to everyone and everything on this server.

• Mister_ee has answered the question in 51 characters out of the required 90, and improvement implying he is a bit more sure about this question, but still demonstrating a disconnect and lack of inspiration for our server world.  For example, he mentions material goods, but he omits personal improvements that would make him a trustworthy person, and one not requiring a full supervisory period.  He could have mentioned that he could refrain from the use of killing other players as a sport, as he once used to do.  He could have also offered his services to help restore and maintain the Skyscraper map we have hosted, since it's currently neglected.

• Mister_ee's facts are noted as interesting, but all but one fail to meet the minimum word length established in the instructions.

• Mister_ee correctly lists two of the more obvious Responsibilities infringed, though the case can be made that Novice Responsibilities 6 and 20, Veteran Responsibilities 3, 4, 5, and Deputy Responsibilities 3, 7 and 11 could have been included as well.  This demonstrates that he is mentally aware that he did something wrong, but he is still unsure of the technical aspects of why he was banned.

• Mister_ee fills this section completely and perfectly, with full required word lengths and detail -- and it is telling and reassuring that such an introspective question would get the most attention.  It could be said that even this unbanning process may be taking things too seriously, but I would disagree because a) we're not in the game now, and b) just like he observed that it was friendship that kept him going (something more lasting than a game), so two can a display of effort mend bonds of friendship and build bridges of communication.  In short, it's to make this an honest and valuable learning experience.  Why do we fall?  So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

• Mister_ee acknowledges that he understands and respects the judgement rendered against him, and will not expend energy challenging it.

• Mister_ee acknowledges that he gracefully accepts the loss of his Deputy status and is considerate that I had to get help after being short-staffed.  Since Ajjget is no longer with us, we will make due with a formal demotion from me -- thank you for the services rendered during your time on our staff.

• Mister_ee acknowledges that he is willing to read and accept feedback that may be added by interested parties.  Note that not everyone needs to speak as formally as I do, they only need to share their thoughts and opinions in a way that can help guide my ruling.

• Mister_ee acknowledges that he full understands the reasoning behind the heavy formality in this unbanning process, and is eager to demonstrate his best side to us all.  It should be noted that he spent four hours writing this, which is in-line with the behavior-pattern demonstrated from the application, as well as what I remember of him as a player.  While it's important to have a big heart, don't forget the technical and cognitive skills needed to keep it safe.  Smile

END ASSESSMENT

We will now adjourn for today, and allow interested parties (players and staff) to provide thoughts and feedback on the assessment above.  Again, this will be used to shape the extent and severity of my final ruling.  

As a reminder, Mister_ee may pop into this thread to answer questions when asked, but he must refrain from interfering or influencing opinion in any way, shape or form.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister_ee Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:21 am

Thank you! And sorry about the less than 90 words, I thought you said "No more than 90 words." not less.
Mister_ee
Mister_ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Spookster Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:30 am

While I didn't know mister_ee for a long time. I think he should be allowed a second chance to come back on the server, he Also says he respects the judgement so I think he deserves a second chance.

EDIT: He also says he's interested about what other says about his crime, while I was on when the dynmap attack happened, and he got told all those lies, then he deserve's a second chance.

Last edited by HappySpookster on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spookster
Spookster
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down