Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Unbanning Applications EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Unbanning Applications EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Unbanning Applications EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Unbanning Applications EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Unbanning Applications EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Unbanning Applications EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Unbanning Applications EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Unbanning Applications EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Unbanning Applications EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Unbanning Applications

+11
a4955
Flammole
mariomario64
kidbatJT
Mister_ee
FluffyNyan
KaCii
ZzSuperZz
HanChi
Ruke68
Ciabatta
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unbanning Applications Empty Unbanning Applications

Post by Ciabatta Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Hello, and welcome to the Unbanning Applications thread.
If you are here, you are either checking on the status of your parole, coming to write an unbanning application after your parole date, a staff member, a player wanting to leave feedback, or simply a curious onlooker checking out how we handle the unbanning process.  Either way, this will be your one-stop shop for all things having to do with unbanning players.

Unlike the old thread, the new Unbanning Application thread does not rely on me, the server owner, to come up with a custom unbanning application or review them... in essence, this will take on the characteristics of a much more stringent whitelist application.  However, there continues to be little tolerance for errors or not following instructions... if you mess up with this, we may deny your parole and defer a rewrite of it till a later date as a penalty.  We will still have feedback periods, allowing for other staff and members of the player base to reply to a an Unbanning Application Review.  And of course, the staff member reviewing this will still get to pass judgement based on his/her assessment of the technical facts, the findings from his/her review, and the overall feedback from others. Therefore, even though the application is now standardized, you're still expected to do your best.  

You're also now expected to write your own unbanning application once it is prudent to do so -- if you're not sure if you are or not, the following listing will help list out the dates you are eligible for parole assuming you have one:

BANNED - PERMANENT [long term ban]

• builderfish8 [No Parole]
  • CreativeBrain10 [Parole 7/12/2016, Extended No Parole]
  • Cykrion [No Parole]
  • danielthegreat101 [No Parole]
  • Donald_Teh_Duck [Parole 4/1/2014, Extended 1/15/2017]
  • Evil_Potado [Parole 6/1/2015]
  • FruityLudy69 [No Parole]
  • Jbracco92 [No Parole]
  • killerdud9 [Parole 6/1/2016]
  • mikeythegreat01 [No Parole]
  • Perillicious [No Parole]
  • RedIronFang [Parole 9/1/2014]
  • snesdude7 [Parole 6/1/2015]
  • SpeederTGS [No Parole]
  • TheGrimRipper96 [Parole 5/1/2015]
  • Xzinic [No Parole]
  • ZzsuperzZ [Parole 12/1/2015, Extended No Parole]

BANNED - TEMP [short term ban]

• Asonja_Masenko [Parole 9/1/2016]
  • Bingboy43 [Parole 4/30/2016]
  • jazzyjames01 [Parole 4/1/2015]
  • TGG_Triston [Parole 11/1/2016]

BANNED - SOFT [awaiting summons for questioning]

• EagleSimoX [No Response]
  • Shane1470 [No Response]
  • SonicSpeed360 [No Response]
  • Storysays [No Response]
  • PokemonFan04 [No Response]

BLACKLISTED [not welcomed on our server]

• Ember_Spears [Persona Non Grata]
  • KingCadenyoshi [Persona Non Grata]
  • JelloMOO [Persona Non Grata]
  • LordBiscuits [Persona Non Grata]
  • meman102 [Persona Non Grata]
  • MrWefner [Persona Non Grata]
  • paullam0306 [Persona Non Grata]
  • rigelmaster [Persona Non Grata]
  • Technoboy50 [Conditional to Bingboy43's status]
  • Xslare [Persona Non Grata]
  • Zmanboyshark [Persona Non Grata]

If your name is not on here even though you feel it should be, please ask and we will make a determination from there.  If you feel you should not be blacklisted or deserve to be given the opportunity for parole, you can ask and we can make a determination from there.  If you are still soft-banned, please reply to the questions for which you were summoned to answer for, and we will make a determination from there.

Anyway, the below is the Unbanning Application you are expected to use if you wish to return to our server; please read the instructions carefully, making sure to meet all word limits, and DO NOT make alterations or omissions to the application questions to suit your own interpretations. Do not rush this, add underhanded-insults to the reviewer or other staff members, or be snide and rude to players and staff who submit feedback, as any of these can cost you to be denied parole and/or have your unbanning application tossed before the review is complete.  So long as you follow this application like clockwork, with the humility and respect it deserves, then you will be treated with respect, and you will increase your chances of returning.

Thank you and good luck.

QUESTION #1:  Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here, and add a brief explanation of the origin behind your IGN.

We are interested in seeing the thought process that went into selecting your IGN, especially if it is a source of contention.

Please type your reply in no less than 20 words.

QUESTION #2:  Please describe the nature of the crime or indiscretion committed that caused you to be banned in the first place, including what went on in your head when you committed it, as well as what was your expected outcome had you gotten away with it.
We are interested in seeing your perspective of things, specifically whether you recognize that you were at fault over something, and are willing, now, to take responsibility for your own actions.

Please type your reply in no less than 120 words.

QUESTION #3: Please reread the Novice and/or Veteran's Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you failed to uphold during your crime or indiscretion. 
The point here, again, is to have you understand the crime or indiscretion committed that you are now willing to be responsible for.  This is very important on our server since the onus of carrying out these responsibilities lies on the players themselves, not on the staff to enforce them.  

Please post full quotes from the Creeds, including their numeration.

QUESTION #4:  Fully understanding your role in this issue, please explain why you feel you can safely be unbanned from the Server.
We're not sure if you wish to return out of spite or vengeance, and we have to always assume that you're not being sincere in your willingness to return to make amends.  Therefore, this question offers you the opportunity to assure us that you won't cause any additional trouble again.

Please type your reply in no less than 90 words.

QUESTION #5:  Please explain what you intend to do on our server to restore trust in you.
Aside from placing you in an observation period, we also want to see what actions you plan to take to regain our trust. It can be as simple as simply staying quiet for a while, and/or apologizing to people you might have killed or harmed, and/or assisting with major projects. Here is an excellent opportunity to formally apologize, but be sure not to ruin an apology for disruption with a disruptive apology..

Please type your reply in no less than 90 words.

QUESTION #6: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft, or your involvement in our server.
If you intend to return, you will have to start from scratch.  You will need to restate random facts, plus five more for safe measure.  Be very sure to exclude Minecraft facts, server facts, and pointless intangible facts (ie, "I am a nice guy").

The answers should be in bullet-point format, and should be full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per fact.

QUESTION #7: Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.
We want to see if there's any possible historical precedent for your actions.  You're free to reference one or two issues from prior Gulliver/Minecraft servers if you have to, including our own, but personal defects take priority as far as gauging who you say you are, and why it is that you do what you do.  . 

The answers should be in bullet format and in full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per defect.

QUESTION #8:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.
Now we get to the acknowledgements portion of the unbanning application.  These are not only here to ensure you're still awake and are carefully reading instructions, but they're also here to help you take ownership of your actions going forward.

Please submit a full sentence of no less than 15 words stating that you acknowledge the above statement.

QUESTION #9:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully read through your unbanning application review, and will listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Feedback stage. 
Collecting feedback from players and staff is critical to the unbanning process, as it makes the act of unbanning a "communal" effort rather than simply a wild whim of the Staff Member reviewing this application.  In this way, we all share the pride (or the risk) of unbanning you, and also broadcast the need to keep you monitored as often as possible.  During this process, you will be allowed to answer questions if you are asked any, but as a matter of principle neither you nor your "friends" must interfere, influence or disrupt the process in any way. 

Please submit a full sentence of no less than 15 words stating that you acknowledge the above statement.

QUESTION #10:  Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and that this will motivate you to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.
A personal assurance that you will do your best to become a well-behaved member of our server will go a long way towards demonstrating your resolve, on top of all the effort you've done in filling out this unbanning application up to this point. After all, talk is cheap, but actions are not.  

Last edited by Ciabatta on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:45 am; edited 9 times in total
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Unbanning Applications Empty Re: Unbanning Applications

Post by Ruke68 Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:58 pm

#1 My IGN is Donald_Teh_Duck, and I chose this because my first name is Donald and Donald Duck is fascinating character  ( I also mispelled 'The') .

#2 So, this was well over a year ago this happens and I just remembered that this mod and the server was very fun when I first played both. If I remember correctly I was banned for killing someone, it wasn't a admin ban it was vote kick thing. The people on the server killed me and I killed them back I do not remember their IGN at all. I did not hold them in contempt really, for this was just a game and I was defending myself from attackers but how is one vote going to go against about seven others? What was I thinking when I did it? I was thinking of how to get rid of them and how to enjoy my time on a server which I just joined. What would've been the expected outcome if it I gotten away? I'd have gone on to have fun in the server which was my initial plan until I met some server trolls. Do I take responsibility for what happened? Of course.

#3 As Right #12 says ;If held or kidnapped by a Giant player against your will, or attacked by a PvP­obsessed player, you have the right to protest the act or defend yourself if necessary. I can defend myself if necessary and that is exactly what I did. I believe I actually upheld a right as this was no crime at all.

#4 As I said this was well over a year ago when I was younger I and knew the names of my transgressors, but sadly I don't. There is no way I'd be able to commit a act of vengeance against people who I don't remember at all. I also understand my role in this situation, the way I see it I was the victim, but I guess that's not how it works. Also there are no other gulliver servers that work if I remember correctly, and that was first and only day of playing with others on a gulliver server, it was bright and intuitive.
#5 If I was to be pardoned I'd be extremely over-joyed, it'd mean that I'd be able to play on a server which I got banned my first day of playing and I didn't have ample and proper time to enjoy myself on it. I might not have the fuel or passion the first time I did this or if I sent a unbanning application at all, or if it worked at all. Also, I really don't understand the whole parole thing or the observation period so I don't know how that's gonna work.

#6 Fact #1 - I have skipped a grade, so I entered high school earlier than most.
Fact #2 - I've been school president, and class president before which both help me gain leadership skills.
Fact #3 - I participate in JROTC, right now I command a flight which just received honor flight Smile
Fact #4 - I am' a Junior or a 11 grader in Highschool right now, class of 2017.
Fact #5 I was born in a different country but I moved to the United States when I was 8.
Fact #6 I went to a Leadership School called COLS over the past summer that was a week long.
Fact #7 I can do 87 sit ups in two minutes but that is not my max I have done.
Fact #8 I played football when I was 11 and was almost admitted to the first string as a Center.
Fact #9 I have great hand- eye coordination which allows me to multi-task and do other things efficiently.
Fact #10 I like to watch Disney movies, and I think Monster High is great.

#7 Defect #1 - I am book smart but I am not really street smart.
Defect #2 - I don't like to feel inferior to someone, or really anything.
Defect #3 -  Some times I say things at the wrong time and at the wrong place.
Defect #4 - I tend to argue alot just to justify why I am correct or wrong on a subject.
Defect #5 - I don't really like to listen to music, but many of my friends do.

#8 I fully understand and acknowledge my actions and why I was banned from the server.

#9 I fully acknowledge that I will calmly read the final judgments and review given to me.

#10 I both acknowledge and understand that I spent quite alot of time putting this together and I will become a helpful and trustworthy member of the server.

Ruke68

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Ah, I see you're back, Donald Teh Duck.  It's been almost two years since your parole date, so you've definitely waited quite a bit (our world was a lot different back then too).  Wink

Anyway, we're on the run-up to Christmas, and a lot of my staff [and I] are busy with Christmas preparations or spending time with friends/families.  Given how much work Unbanning apps will take to review, and the fact that I will want them to enjoy their RL and in-game celebrations, I would expect that this application be reviewed after the Christmas and New Years holidays are over with.

I hope that you're Christmas goes nicely as well!
Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by HanChi Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:26 pm

Unbanning Application:

Donald’s Unbanning Application review.

Hello, Hannah here. I’m going to be reviewing your Unbanning Application.
Before I begin, I want your thoughts on this…

https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t27p375-whitelist-applications#13999

Although you both seem like different people, it is a very big coincidence that his app should appear shortly after you posted this unbanning app, and you both share such similar usernames.  Maybe you have nothing to do with it, but it certainly casts a shadow of doubt more than you already had coming in.

Question 1: Just as I said before, even the reasons are similar to the other applicant. I mean sure Donald Duck is cute, but he’s also from a decades-old cartoon… I didn’t think he was still THAT popular that everyone is falling over themselves trying to add him to their Minecraft names.  

Question 2: Understandably, I wasn’t around when this happened, and the staff members that banned you (not kicked you) are no longer here.  But I seem to have been told differently by the few staff members that were around at the time (mainly Cia), and they affirm that the decision was done as quickly and as drastically as you remember because you were, and I quote, “very irritatingly-annoying”.  That was almost two years ago, though, so you were probably a lot younger and spunkier back then, and probably didn’t realize that your idea of “fun” was disrupting the kind of server it was trying to be.  It was also a very early time on this server, and all the rules hadn’t been fully established yet, so we had a lot of vigilante justice going on.  We don’t have these “vote bans” anymore, although now a disruptive player can be warned, kicked or banned almost on the spot should a player intentionally infringe on another player’s rights, or forego their responsibilities.  Fortunately we also don’t have any “server trolls” either, or at least not the kind that go around killing others in cold blood -- so even if your recollection is true, you wouldn’t come across that anymore.

Question 3: As it seems, apparently the decision was made quickly and they did it for a reason (as stated in my reply to question 2, because you were very annoying). First impressions are important you know, especially when joining a Whitelist Server as what you did disrupted the peace of this server. Combined with a very poor whitelist application even by the standards of that day, and I think this started the moderators into action since, had they not banned you, they would have expected things to get a LOT worse with you free to roam around causing havoc.

Also, you are quick to pull up a Right that benefits you, but I can think of at least FIVE rules that you likely broke...

2. Please be courteous to your fellow players on our server.
3. Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any.
4. Please refrain from asking players and Staff for frequent favours and gifts – self­-sufficiency and independence are virtues.
5. Please refrain from asking players and Staff non­stop questions that can be construed as annoying.
20. Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun.

So if you want to quote your favourite Rights, they better outnumber the Responsibilities being infringed!

Question 4: I know what you’re trying to say, but I don’t think you fully realize how it sounds. You won’t commit revenge because you can’t REMEMBER who did this to you, and not because you know in your heart that revenge is not the answer.  The fact that even after two years you still feel you were a victim is also troubling -- people aren’t banned so easily on this server, so if it happened it was for a good reason and one you adamantly refused to believe in your young mind.  For you to have a fresh start on this server, you need to do away with vengeance and victimhood, and start fresh with an earnest desire to return to enjoy the Gulliver server you’ve been wanting to try out for two years.

And to that point, why on earth did you not unban earlier if you wanted to rejoin a Gulliver Server?  You’ve had a chance since at least April of 2014, so you waited quite a while to act on that.  Furthermore, you pick a really bad reason to join us since there ARE other Gulliver Servers out there (even if they’re not well advertised) -- to say you want to join here because you have no choice comes off as a little spiteful, since it just means that you’re being forced to say “sorry” even though, in your mind, you’re a victim. If that’s the only reason you have to return, we’re both better off not letting you return: that way, we keep our peace, and you keep your pride!

Question 5: In real life, a parole would be a way for prison convicts to cut their sentence; but in this case it would be a way for someone who is banned to explain why they should be unbanned/allowed into our server “society”, either because they’ve learnt their lesson or understand the error of their ways. Personally I don’t think you quite understood the question here really… You’re supposed to say what you’re going to do to help us restore trust in you, not how you would feel if you got unbanned.

As for your other question, the observation period simply means that you would be closely watched by players and staff on the server IF you were to be unbanned under less-than-ideal circumstances, such as whether you still have a few red flags in your unbanning app despite being unbanned.  Only a few players that have tried to get unbanned have written such amazing unbanning apps, and conducted themselves with fantastic courtesy, that we simply waived that observation requirement and welcomed them back with open arms -- everyone else, sadly, needed more scrutiny.  Given you haven’t been very apologetic (because again, you’re obsessed with victimhood), I don’t think it’ll be hard to imagine in which camp you would fall into.

Question 6:
1> Okay good job, although too bad school grades aren’t a great judge of character.
2> That’s impressive sounding, yes.  Hopefully you can show off that leadership here, and not just random madness.
3> We have had a few military players here -- one of them, Audrey, might have also been JROTC as well, and she was a staff member around the time you got banned.
4> so you were in middle school when you got banned, I bet.
5> Your English is not the greatest, and seeing your original application I can kinda see why the staff were antsy about you….

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/servers/pc-servers/698449-1-5-2-gulliver-server-whitelisted-non-forge?page=113#c2275

But it was never clear if this was because you were too young, on the immature side, or perhaps not a native English speaker.  So maybe we now know the answer, or it was a little of all three?
6> Oh fancy, Leadership schools are very helpful! No doubt they whipped you into shape. XD
7> Well if you’re in JROTC, we would expect nothing less I’m sure -- if anything, that sounds a bit too low.  You should aim for 200 situps.  Razz
8> We have a former American football player on the server as well, but I don’t know much about the sport other than that it’s very rough.
9> Okay, although these days that’s becoming more common among young people and all their gadgets.
10> Oh nice, that was a cute movie, although I preferred Monsters, Inc. Smile

Question 7:
1> Well done for admitting that, it is a not very easy thing to tell others really. Rest assured, though, this is very common problem among school students, though, since school and homework don’t really leave you with much time to learn practical skills. Sometimes I wonder if that’s the whole point.  Wink
2> That could be a problem, as when/if you return as a  Novice there will be 4 other ranks above you.  Plus I’m reminded of your earlier talk about revenge, and the fact you haven’t offered any assurance that you will be a good player upon your return.  I don’t want your pride and inferiority-complex to cause you to get banned after another 15 minutes of gameplay!
3> That could also be a problem, because you might upset another player by accident, especially if you don’t realize what you’re saying. Has it occurred to you that THIS is probably the reason you got banned two years ago? It certainly fits the profile of the crime.
4> Such as “I did nothing wrong, I’m the victim here! You’re all mean and horrible!”. Although I’m sure the military will beat that out of you, since they may frown if you start arguing with a drill sergeant, general or the President of the United States. Since you’re not street smart, though, I’ll give you some advice Cia told me: “sometimes it’s better to lose a battle if it will help you win the war”.
5> Oh okay, so that means we can never be friends. ;P

Question 8: Your reply is correct on a technical level, but after reading this application I am not fully convinced you understand why you were banned.  More on this later.

Question 9: This is not technically correct, since the question makes no mention of “final judgements” -- these new unbanning apps work a little differently compared to the older ones.  You also make no mention regarding listening to player feedback, so even if you meant to imply that by the “final judgements” (which feedback isn’t), the answer has to be very technical, so this one fails on account of disregarding that technicality.

Question 10: Not surprisingly, given all I’ve read, you focus on the time “YOU” spent writing this, but won’t acknowledge the time “WE” will spend reviewing and writing feedback for this. Unbanning apps are very disruptive processes, so they’re as much of a pain for us to deal with as it is to you to write it.  That’s just plain reciprocity!

I’m not sure if you’re consciously being self-centered, but that’s been the general vibe I’ve been getting from this application all throughout, and that will be a concern.

First Thoughts:
To be completely honest, at first I thought you would pass but reading through this properly it has completely slipped my mind. You don’t appear to accept what you did wrong and the whole point of this is for you to change our minds as to letting you back in the server, which I do not think you did a great job in doing. Moreover, you don’t sound like a person that WANTS to join our server, but simply is FORCED to join our server, either because you think there are no Gulliver servers out there, or because you feel the need to somehow clear your name. We do better with less players, not more, so you’re not doing anyone a favour by returning against your will.  

Anyway, between now and January 9th, 2016, you will have one opportunity to reply to my initial review above.  Note that this is to REPLY to my review, not rewrite your application -- the application above is set in stone and cannot be changed, so whatever you wrote is going to haunt you for the remainder of the parole process. The best you can do now is justify what you wrote and why you wrote it with all its various defects, so we can account for that in our feedback.

If you reply prior to the 9th, then I will open this up for Feedback, after which all players and staff will have one week to share their thoughts on your unbanning application. Once that Feedback session is over, then I will render my final decision.

If you do not reply by the 9th, we will treat that as an acknowledgement that you do not wish to continue the parole, and I will renew the ban for an additional year.

If you reply by the 9th with a request to terminate all current and future paroles, we will close this parole and make the ban permanent, with the full understanding that your initial whitelist on this server two years ago was a mistake.  

Thank you.

HanChi

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Lazy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:38 pm

Just a quick FYI, ColinFrog has finally approached me with answers to my summons, and I am presently satisfied with his explanations.... In any event, it had already been established he was not the one to grief spawn three months ago.

His softban is lifted and he can now rejoin server life when he's ready.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:27 am

Unfortunately Hannah is not able to close out this parole session due to technical issues, so she will do so officially when she is able to return.  

In the meantime, I will go ahead and announce that Donald_Teh_Duck has failed to reply by Saturday, January 9th, as requested by Hannah.  Therefore, this will be taken as acknowledgement that he no longer wishes to continue the parole session, and that he is okay remaining banned for the foreseeable future.  His next parole date will be set to January 15th, 2017.  

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Unbanning Applications Empty Unban-Application

Post by ZzSuperZz Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:24 pm

Answer to question #1:

IGN: ZzSuperZz, The name was created since someone jokingly yelled "FAZE" in a Skype call, as silly as that sounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to question #2, as I recall:

The rule I broke was calling two players "idiots".  Now, here is what I recall.

*I did a /tpa to a friend, and then got TPed to what I expected to be a PUBLIC giant house. They put me in a tiny house which I couldn't get out of.

*My keyboard was acting up and my s key wasn't working. So I couldn't walk backwards either, and I also couldn't do /spawn.  I accidentally miss clicked with bone meal. So I then started destroying the grass I made with the bone meal... so I wouldn't make them mad.

*I was then thrown out by them and nearly died due to fall damage.  (I had around one heart left)

*After that they were insulting and threatening me - saying they were going to "call a moderator".

*Also, I gave them glass to FIX the hole I made while breaking the glass to get out of the tiny house that I was TRAPPED in. (Note my friends weren't accepting /tpa)

*THEN a moderator came, and here's where I broke the rules. I called the players who harassed me "idiots". I was ONLY defending myself. What they did to me was harassment, annoying and wrong. And I was NOT able to defend myself in time, due to the fact I was banned when the moderator saw me calling them "idiots". He never got the full story.

I admit, breaking that glass was wrong, and calling them idiots was wrong.
I apologize for what I have done.

Answer to question #3:

*Rules I have broken: Rule number two, Under responsibilities. "Please be courteous to your fellow players on our server"

*I don't know if I really broke this one - due to the fact I put the glass back.

*I completely understand Rule #6 under Responsibilities. "Please refrain from the act of breaking or vandalism on private property, As well as wholesale destruction of public property".

*I apologize, this will not happen again.

Answer to question #4:

*As answered in question two. A scenario happened that put me in a position where I was put into a box. I had no intention of harming anyone's feelings.

*Again, I apologize. This will not happen again.

Answer to question #5:

*My original intention has always been as it is now: I love the server, and the community is amazing.

*My intentions to play on the server were and are always have been to have fun, and hopefully make other players happy.

*As you know. I never griefed before this, and it wasn't even really griefing due to the fact I replaced the glass block. I have always been a upright player on the server, as I intend to remain and maintain.

Answer to question #6 :

*I play the violin.

*I play chess.

*I am a 3D modeler.

*I study Chinese.

*I study Latin.

*I am a black belt in Taekwondo.

*I work on video games.

*I enjoy reading Sci-Fi books.

*I enjoy painting.

*I write poetry.

Answer to question #7:

*I try not to make mistakes, but sometimes I do; and I will strive to do better with this.

*I think therefore I am… sometimes I think too much, as we all do. Smile

*I read things slowly, a bit too slowly at times. When I go too fast sometimes I miss things.

*I try to be thorough, although sometimes fail. The good thing is that I can then learn from it and make improvements.

*I always try to do my best, but sometimes I do not succeed. I will endeavor to manage my actions better for everyone's benefit. For instance - sometimes I delete my whole message and redo it. Smile ...I will work on that in the future.

Answer to question #8:

*I fully understand, due to the fact that I have been a moderator on many servers and have dealt with ban appeals.

*In this instance it was an unfortunate situation, I do not foresee anything of this nature happening again.

Answer to question #9:

*I fully understand, and I am willing to accept feedback. I look forward to reading feedback.

Answer to question #10 :

*I fully appreciate and understand the process that you have to go through to deal with these applications.

*I know that it takes a lot of time to do all this. And because of that, I thank the staff for taking time out of their schedule to read these. I hope that everything was easy to be read, and that this ban gets resolved. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by ZzSuperZz on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Improving the application.)

ZzSuperZz

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Logical
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:52 pm

ZzSuperZz wrote:Answer to question #1:

IGN: ZzSuperZz, The name was created since someone jokingly yelled "FAZE" in a Skype call, as silly as that sounds.

Answer to question #2:

Note before I start: This may be over 120 words. I would rather explain my situation in detail.

Now, on to the answer:

The rule I broke was calling two players "idiots".  Now, time to explain what happened.

I did a /tpa to a friend, and then got TPed to what I expected to be a PUBLIC giant house. They put me in a tiny house which I couldn't get out of.

My keyboard was acting up and my s key wasn't working. So I couldn't walk backwards either, and I also couldn't do /spawn.  I accidentally miss clicked with bone meal. So I then started destroying the grass I made with the bone meal... so I wouldn't make them mad.

I was then thrown out by them and nearly died due to fall damage.  (I had around one heart left)

After that they were insulting and threatening me - saying they were going to "call a moderator".

Also, I gave them glass to fix the hole I made while breaking the glass to get OUT of the tiny house that I was TRAPPED in. (Note my friends weren't accepting /tpa)

THEN a moderator came, and here's where I broke the rules. I called the players who harassed me "idiots". It was a act of natural self defense. What they did to me was annoying and wrong. And I was not able to defend myself in time, Due to the fact I was banned when the moderator saw me calling them "idiots"

I admit, Breaking that glass was wrong, And calling them idiots was wrong.

Answer to question #3:

Rules I have broken: Rule number two, Under responsibilities. "Please be courteous to your fellow players on our server" I don't know if I really broke this one, Due to the fact I put the glass back, But also Rule #6 under Responsibilities. "Please refrain from the act of breaking or vandalism on private property, As well as wholesale destruction of public property"

Answer to question #4:

As answered in question two. A scenario happened that put me in a position where I was put into a box. I had no intention of harming anyone's feelings.

Answer to question #5:

My original intention has always been as it is now, I love the server, and the community is amazing. My true intentions on the server were always to have fun, and hopefully make other players happy. As you know. I never griefed before this, And it wasn't even really griefing due to the fact I replaced the glass block. I have been a upright player on the server.

Answer to question #6 :

*I play the violin.

*I play chess.

*I am a 3D modeler.

*I study Chinese.

*I study Latin.

*I make video games.

*I enjoy painting.

*I write poetry.

Answer to question #7:

*I am a human being.

*I think therefore I am….

*I read things slowly.

*I try to be thorough, although sometimes fail.

*I always try to do my best.

Answer to question #8:

I fully understand, due to the fact that I  have been a moderator on many servers.

Answer to question #9:

I fully understand, and I am willing to accept feedback.

Answer to question #10 :

I fully appreciate and understand the process that you have to go through to deal with these applications. It takes a lot of time to do all this. And because of that, I thank the staff for taking time out of their schedule to read these. I hope that everything was easy to be read, and that this ban gets resolved, Thank you for your time.
Hello Zuper,

Thanks again for writing the unbanning application -- granted, I do remember things differently, but that's for the unbanning reviewer to judge.  I have had trouble getting one on this given how complex these can be, but I expect to have one on this soon in the coming days.  I would suggest you take advantage of the delay and bulletproof your application as currently there are plenty of problems and deficiencies that may impair your ability to successfully pass parole.  

Thanks.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ZzSuperZz Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:18 am

Ciabatta wrote:

Answer to question #2:

Note before I start: This may be over 120 words. I would rather explain my situation in detail.

Now, on to the answer:

The rule I broke was calling two players "idiots".  Now, time to explain what happened.

I did a /tpa to a friend, and then got TPed to what I expected to be a PUBLIC giant house. They put me in a tiny house which I couldn't get out of.

My keyboard was acting up and my s key wasn't working. So I couldn't walk backwards either, and I also couldn't do /spawn.  I accidentally miss clicked with bone meal. So I then started destroying the grass I made with the bone meal... so I wouldn't make them mad.

I was then thrown out by them and nearly died due to fall damage.  (I had around one heart left)

After that they were insulting and threatening me - saying they were going to "call a moderator".

Also, I gave them glass to fix the hole I made while breaking the glass to get OUT of the tiny house that I was TRAPPED in. (Note my friends weren't accepting /tpa)

THEN a moderator came, and here's where I broke the rules. I called the players who harassed me "idiots". It was a act of natural self defense. What they did to me was annoying and wrong. And I was not able to defend myself in time, Due to the fact I was banned when the moderator saw me calling them "idiots"

I admit, Breaking that glass was wrong, And calling them idiots was wrong.

Answer to question #3:

Rules I have broken: Rule number two, Under responsibilities. "Please be courteous to your fellow players on our server" I don't know if I really broke this one, Due to the fact I put the glass back, But also Rule #6 under Responsibilities. "Please refrain from the act of breaking or vandalism on private property, As well as wholesale destruction of public property"

Answer to question #4:

As answered in question two. A scenario happened that put me in a position where I was put into a box. I had no intention of harming anyone's feelings.

Answer to question #5:

My original intention has always been as it is now, I love the server, and the community is amazing. My true intentions on the server were always to have fun, and hopefully make other players happy. As you know. I never griefed before this, And it wasn't even really griefing due to the fact I replaced the glass block. I have been a upright player on the server.

Answer to question #6 :

*I play the violin.

*I play chess.

*I am a 3D modeler.

*I study Chinese.

*I study Latin.

*I make video games.

*I enjoy painting.

*I write poetry.

Answer to question #7:

*I am a human being.

*I think therefore I am….

*I read things slowly.

*I try to be thorough, although sometimes fail.

*I always try to do my best.

Answer to question #8:

I fully understand, due to the fact that I  have been a moderator on many servers.

Answer to question #9:

I fully understand, and I am willing to accept feedback.

Answer to question #10 :

I fully appreciate and understand the process that you have to go through to deal with these applications. It takes a lot of time to do all this. And because of that, I thank the staff for taking time out of their schedule to read these. I hope that everything was easy to be read, and that this ban gets resolved, Thank you for your time.
Hello Zuper,

Thanks again for writing the unbanning application -- granted, I do remember things differently, but that's for the unbanning reviewer to judge.  I have had trouble getting one on this given how complex these can be, but I expect to have one on this soon in the coming days.  I would suggest you take advantage of the delay and bulletproof your application as currently there are plenty of problems and deficiencies that may impair your ability to successfully pass parole.  

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply, I will improve the application a bit, again thank you for replying.

ZzSuperZz

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by HanChi Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:39 pm

I have returned now and it appears that Donald Teh Duck has not replyed prior the 9th January, so I will therefore officially renew this ban for until next year, parole date being set to 15th January 2017.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

HanChi

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by KaCii Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello ZzSuperZz,

My name is KaCii and I will be in charge of reviewing your unbanning application. It sounds like you plan to repost a revised version of your application, so I will go ahead and wait until you do. You only have one chance at posting a proper unbanning application, so it’s to your benefit to make it count and not focus too much on the wrong things. For example, please read Cia’s ban announcement and make note of your personal problems that she references that may have contributed to your behavior at the time:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t655-zzsuperzz-banned#11400

Thank you.
KaCii
KaCii

RP Character Sheet
Name: Kacey
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by ZzSuperZz Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:01 pm

KaCii wrote:Hello ZzSuperZz,

My name is KaCii and I will be in charge of reviewing your unbanning application.  It sounds like you plan to repost a revised version of your application, so I will go ahead and wait until you do.  You only have one chance at posting a proper unbanning application, so it’s to your benefit to make it count and not focus too much on the wrong things.  For example, please read Cia’s ban announcement and make note of your personal problems that she references that may have contributed to your behavior at the time:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t655-zzsuperzz-banned#11400

Thank you.

Hello Kacii, the original application has been edited to be improved (not reposted) if you would like me to repost the edited application I can do so.

ZzSuperZz

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by KaCii Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Answer to question #2, as I recall:

The rule I broke was calling two players "idiots".  Now, here is what I recall.

*I did a /tpa to a friend, and then got TPed to what I expected to be a PUBLIC giant house. They put me in a tiny house which I couldn't get out of.

*My keyboard was acting up and my s key wasn't working. So I couldn't walk backwards either, and I also couldn't do /spawn.  I accidentally miss clicked with bone meal. So I then started destroying the grass I made with the bone meal... so I wouldn't make them mad.

*I was then thrown out by them and nearly died due to fall damage.  (I had around one heart left)

*After that they were insulting and threatening me - saying they were going to "call a moderator".

*Also, I gave them glass to FIX the hole I made while breaking the glass to get out of the tiny house that I was TRAPPED in. (Note my friends weren't accepting /tpa)

*THEN a moderator came, and here's where I broke the rules. I called the players who harassed me "idiots". I was ONLY defending myself. What they did to me was harassment, annoying and wrong. And I was NOT able to defend myself in time, due to the fact I was banned when the moderator saw me calling them "idiots". He never got the full story.

I admit, breaking that glass was wrong, and calling them idiots was wrong.

Answer to question #3:

*Rules I have broken: Rule number two, Under responsibilities. "Please be courteous to your fellow players on our server"

*I don't know if I really broke this one - due to the fact I put the glass back.

*I completely understand Rule #6 under Responsibilities. "Please refrain from the act of breaking or vandalism on private property, As well as wholesale destruction of public property".

*I apologize, this will not happen again.

Answer to question #4:

*As answered in question two. A scenario happened that put me in a position where I was put into a box. I had no intention of harming anyone's feelings.

*Again, I apologize. This will not happen again.

Answer to question #5:

*My original intention has always been as it is now: I love the server, and the community is amazing.

*My intentions to play on the server were and are always have been to have fun, and hopefully make other players happy.

*As you know. I never griefed before this, and it wasn't even really griefing due to the fact I replaced the glass block. I have always been a upright player on the server, as I intend to remain and maintain.

Answer to question #6 :

*I play the violin.

*I play chess.

*I am a 3D modeler.

*I study Chinese.

*I study Latin.

*I work on video games.

*I enjoy painting.

*I write poetry.

Answer to question #7:

*I try not to make mistakes, but sometimes I do; and I will strive to do better with this.

*I think therefore I am… sometimes I think too much, as we all do. Smile

*I read things slowly, a bit too slowly at times. When I go too fast sometimes I miss things.

*I try to be thorough, although sometimes fail. The good thing is that I can then learn from it and make improvements.

*I always try to do my best, but sometimes I do not succeed. I will endeavor to manage my actions better for everyone's benefit. For instance - sometimes I delete my whole message and redo it. Smile ...I will work on that in the future.

Answer to question #8:

*I fully understand, due to the fact that I have been a moderator on many servers and have dealt with ban appeals.

*In this instance it was an unfortunate situation, I do not foresee anything of this nature happening again.

Answer to question #9:

*I fully understand, and I am willing to accept feedback. I look forward to reading feedback.

Answer to question #10 :

*I fully appreciate and understand the process that you have to go through to deal with these applications.

*I know that it takes a lot of time to do all this. And because of that, I thank the staff for taking time out of their schedule to read these. I hope that everything was easy to be read, and that this ban gets resolved. Thank you for your time.

Hello again ZzSuperZz,

If you are absolutely sure this is your final revision, I will go ahead and start the parole for you and review your unbanning application. Please remember that you were given a chance to revise this application.

Question 1:
That’s strange but okay. Also your answer is just barely at the 20 word limit, so you nearly missed that one.

Question 2:
This is a question I really wanted to see fixed, but I’m disappointed to see it hasn’t.  Unless you really really saw the event happen this way, which is very sad because you spent the entire question saying “Waaah! I’m innocent! Everyone else was MEAN to me!!”, and only one token line at the end saying ‘sorry’ for something which you firmly believe wasn’t your fault.

Now setting aside the fact of who-did-what since you clearly couldn’t picture your actions on the server being annoying or threatening in any way [as I hear was the case with you, and why your removal was seen as a relief], here is where your story falls apart.  According to Cia, who was on the server at the time of your incident AND was the one who soft-banned, you were only soft-banned for questioning.  Soft-banning is just a quick temporary dewhitelisting to force you to communicate with a staff member regarding a problem or potential investigation. This was not a permanent ban, and you were given an opportunity to explain your behavior and return to the server at the time.  Based on the conversation you had with her via Private Message, you blamed a lot of personal problems that you were having that day that made you behave the way you did.  And however the conversation went, she seems to imply from the post I referred you to that you were okay with not coming back, and hence why the ban was made permanent. So really, the ban was your own personal choice.

Now to basically change history and have us completely forget this fact makes us suspicious, since now all of a sudden you not only want to return, but you also want to call everyone, including Cia, liars and bullies in the process.  If you ask me, that’s a great way to show how much you DON’T want to return.

Question 3:
I think you’re only a Novice player, so we’ll just focus on that creed. Try this instead, and these are ones you DID break either during the incident or prior to it, so there’s no “I think” aspect to these….

2. Please be courteous to your fellow players on our server.
3. Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any
4. Please refrain from asking players and Staff for frequent favours and gifts – self­-sufficiency and independence are virtues.
5. Please refrain from asking players and Staff non­stop questions that can be construed as annoying.
6. Please refrain from the act of griefing or vandalism on private property, as well as wholesale destruction of public property
10. Please refrain from frequent and blatant acts of vigilantism against offending players.  Record useful evidence of crimes being perpetruated, and inform the authorities if you wish to help
20. Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun.

Question 4:
This answer is supposed to be 90 words long.  Also you still hold to this believe so in a way you can’t really seriously apologize because in your view you did no wrong.  If you are not able to put yourself in other people’s shoes, and you continue to do things like rush through this application process “just to get it out of the way”, then really what has changed?  If the answer is nothing, then let’s not kid ourselves: we have no assurance that this won’t happen again.

Question 5:
This also fails the 90 word length requirement.

As far as I know, you weren’t around long enough to really love the server much. And according to Cia and some of the staff, you were actually far from upright.  It’s true that you didn’t grief (as far as was known), but you loved annoying players and staff, you were constantly looking to grab attention, you were quite nosey, you were quite defensive when things weren’t going your way, and you had problems understanding and communicating with people.  Up until you were soft-banned, you were simply tolerated by the staff, but it was always known that whenever you appeared, there was bound to be some kind of trouble, so a lot of effort was spent constantly keeping you under surveillance.

So the question is what do you plan to do to restore trust in you, and your answer is essentially: “nothing, because I’m already perfect in every way”.  Since we see things very differently, I can’t say that is reassuring for us.

Question 6:
In keeping with the theme of trust, it should also be noted that you didn’t even bother following the instructions on the unbanning application, despite the fact that you had half a year to think of this, plus a full week of us not getting to review this to improve it.  We even gave you the opportunity to revise your application, which is not something we do often for people requesting parole.  As far as we’re concerned, we gave you many opportunities to give you a chance at an unbanning and you squandered them, so what do you think that says about how serious you are of returning?  

In the case of this question, these facts are supposed to be in full sentences of no less than 15 words each, and not a single one is.  This is standard in all whitelist applications today, and there is no reason why you should be an exception other than that you don’t really care. Without any detail, it’s just as easy for me to not care either, and assume half or all of these facts are just as easily made up.

Question 7:
It is interesting that your question 7 defects are a LOT better than the question 6 facts… I think had you approached 6 the way you did 7, you would probably be in a much better position now.

Fortunately, I can see from the defects you’ve picked a little of why you have so many problems.  You don’t like making mistakes, you over-think things, you are prone to skim things (like the application instructions?), you try to be a perfectionist, and you try to hard.  Funny how there is nothing on there about how you interact with other people -- almost everything listed is some kind of effort at getting people to like you (by being some perfect superperson), but there is zero interest in finding out what other people want or need.  I don’t even know if you have any friends IRL or get along well with your family or like animals or do volunteer work or do a lot of networking online. All I see is a lot of “me me me” in your responses, and that can be a problem because if you’re too focused trying to make yourself look perfect and you fail, there is nothing else to fall back on.  You become like a cornered cat and you lash out because you wouldn’t know any other way to deal with a problem -- and until you can grow out of that, that can pose a big risk to our server.

Question 8:
You understand… what?  The question asks that you acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.  Just by stating “you understand” is not very clear -- it could easily mean that you understand the sky is blue or fish can swim.  

Question 9:
This one’s a little better, although it doesn’t state if you will calmly or respectfully accept feedback, so maybe you will rage one it starts popping up?

Question 10:
This one’s the best of all, but it’s missing the part about whether this will motivate you to become a helpful and trustworthy player.  Maybe deep down inside you feel this will not succeed, so why even try? So you certainly understand what we have to go through, but you don’t sound like you respect it very much, and that is sad to us.

Final Thoughts:
All in all, I can’t say I feel like you’ve put much effort into this. Your answers are overly short or -just- get past the word limit, and most of them don’t actually face what you’ve done wrong. In fact, they sound very much like you’re trying to re-direct the blame, and even at one point do what seems like blaming a moderator. Your defects go along with this as well - they add up to “We all make mistakes!”.

It doesn’t seem like you’ve learned anything at all, really, meaning to us that you are still the old you - the one that was banned and for a reason.

Between now and Saturday January 23rd, you have a chance to respond to my review above. Keep in mind that you’re not rewriting your applications- what’s there is there now. All you can do is clarify - maybe explain - some of the reasonings behind your answers. This, too will be accounted for when we write our feedback.

If you reply before January 23rd, I will open feedback. This is a one week period in which players and staff will be allowed to share their thoughts. Afterwards, I will give you my final decision.

Should we receive no response by January 23rd, this will be affirmation that you wish to stop the parole and the ban will be renewed for a year.

Thank you.
KaCii
KaCii

RP Character Sheet
Name: Kacey
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Unbanning Applications Empty Thank you Kacii.

Post by ZzSuperZz Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:36 pm

First off, thank you for the reply and I will NOT be coming back. I HAVE put effort into this application, so were you there watching me write out this application?... and the fact you somehow claim that I haven't put ANY effort into this application... THAT is quite harsh.

I perfectly respect what you go through to take time and read through these. I have been a moderator on various servers. I have also run various servers for over 3+ years. DON'T you think that I respect what you have to go through? Do you know how much that it saddens me that you would presume that I do not respect what you go through?

Also, how can you say my time spent on this server determines if I like the server or not? I've been here for around a year. Isn't that long enough to determine in your standards whether I like it or not?

Also, if I didn't really enjoy the trailers and what I learned from the forums - I wouldn't have applied in the first place, let alone redo my whitelist application... OR make my ban appeal.

Hearing this from a friend like you Kacii, whom I trusted - doesn't help either.

So it is time that I take my leave. I thank you for the all good times I did have on the server. *NOTE: I would request that my account/profile will be deleted from the forums after you read this message, - ZzSuperZz.

Last edited by ZzSuperZz on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Correction.)

ZzSuperZz

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:13 am

ZzSuperZz wrote:First off, thank you for the reply and I will NOT be coming back. I HAVE put effort into this application, so were you there watching me write out this application?... and the fact you somehow claim that I haven't put ANY effort into this application... THAT is quite harsh.

I perfectly respect what you go through to take time and read through these. I have been a moderator on various servers. I have also run various servers for over 3+ years. DON'T you think that I respect what you have to go through? Do you know how much that it saddens me that you would presume that I do not respect what you go through?

Also, how can you say my time spent on this server determines if I like the server or not? I've been here for around a year. Isn't that long enough to determine in your standards whether I like it or not?

Also, if I didn't really enjoy the trailers and what I learned from the forums - I wouldn't have applied in the first place, let alone redo my whitelist application... OR make my ban appeal.

Hearing this from a friend like you Kacii, whom I trusted - doesn't help either.

So it is time that I take my leave. I thank you for the all good times I did have on the server. *NOTE: I would request that my account/profile will be deleted from the forums after you read this message, - ZzSuperZz.

Okay now, Kacii will not be able to close out this parole session since she has to study for some very important tests and, quite frankly, she's already spent too much time handling what ultimately ended up being a lost cause.  This was not unexpected since Zuper demonstrated these very defects in his own unbanning application, even more so after he squandered the second opportunity for revision.  It should also be noted that he demonstrated this obsessive pride with me via private message as well.  Therefore, since Zuper's unbanning was pretty much improbable from the start, I made sure that Kacii was properly compensated for her time and effort.

As for the issues addressed by Zuper, these are purely subjective.  A student may genuinely put in a lot of effort to study day in and day out for a test, but it is meaningless if he ends up failing this test anyway due to a lack of understanding of the questions being asked. Few teachers would ever give them a passing grade out of pity for their expenditure of effort in part because the results don't speak for themselves.  Besides which, writing a proper application is only half the effort -- the other aspect of the parole process is to put in the effort to behave in a manner that instills respect and confidence in our opinion of your unbanning.  It takes a lot of effort and courage to sit through a virtual flailing of sorts for all the server to see, and simply take it like a brave and fully-repentant person who is open to feedback, forgiveness and a willingness to own and learn from one's mistakes.  It's completely lazy and cowardly to simply rage-quit and leave simply because not-nice things are being said of someone who, by our accounts, is a criminal -- it more than validates our need to be cautious.  

Regarding respect: defensive replies do not convey respect, so his arguments are null and void.  Again, for purposes of parole hearings, respect generally travels in one direction since it's the criminal who is requesting to return to our server, and not the other way around.  Those who fail to realize this may be overestimating their bargaining power, since we generally benefit from having fewer players.

And regarding any requests for voluntary forum bans, those are usually summarily-denied, and can be construed as just an extension of a cowardly and effortless withdrawal from a tough parole hearing. Contrary to what it may seem, we're not actually ban-happy, and we never use this unless actual criminal acts occur.  Freedom of CIVIL speech is still well-protected, even for those who do not like us or our server, and serves as a valuable learning experience to those willing to learn from history.

That being said, all these prior considerations for Zuper's departure are perfectly fine and well within his right to choose to believe; and I wish him well with his endeavors playing in and managing other Minecraft servers. He does us a great service in finally accepting that this server does not align with his interests, and he deserves a lot of commendation for being relatively civil in his departure.

Where I do have a HUGE problem is with his assertion that Kacii is his friend and a person he holds in deep trust.  One cannot simply assign friendship onto other people without their consent, and one would be foolish to expect unconditional love or trust from such an "assigned friend" since that sets unrealistic expectations on a person who, quite frankly, has zero interest in the matter... and rightfully so!  Since Zuper was not Kacii's friend except in his own mind, Kacii has betrayed nothing, and Zuper instead betrayed himself with false expectations and delusion.  Again, this is not surprising at all given the self-centered defects he described and that Kacii correctly analyzed, and for his sake I hope Zuper outrgrows these interpersonal defects since these can cause some very serious relationship issues for him in the future.

That concludes my own thoughts on the matter -- I will close this parole hearing on behalf of Kacii, and reassign a permanent ban for Zuper, with no parole per his request.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyNyan Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:24 pm

Question #1: “Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here, and add a brief explanation of the origin behind your IGN.”

Hello, my IGN is Runson (formerly Captaindiggens). I liked my old name because I was 12 years old and thought it sounded "extremely hip". My name now (Runson) had come from my dad always telling me to "Run, son" in track. Thus, Runson was created.

Question #2: “Please describe the nature of the crime or indiscretion committed that caused you to be banned in the first place, including what went on in your head when you committed it, as well as what was your expected outcome had you gotten away with it.”

The action that I committed was crashing the entire server by loading a large amount of the map in a short period of time. This was aided by Mister_ee. We had originally left the server and caused an uproar in the Big Sister Server causing a wide amount of controversy. In my head, I figured this was a fantastic idea. I could get rid of the Big Sister Server and allow the new Gulliver server, Skyscraper, to be the main source for people to go to. I realized later I was wrong and was tricked by an old friend whom I trusted. That person was SpeederTGS. I had assumed, him being older he would know what he was doing. After later finding out he had been younger than me, I instantly regretted my decision to follow him.

Question #3: “Please reread the Novice and/or Veteran's Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you failed to uphold during your crime or indiscretion.”

The rights and responsibilities that I went against and found to be in the Veteran’s creed was Right #4, which is “You have the right to explore the map up to 8000 blocks from the world spawn.”, Responsibility #7 which is “Please do not commit outbursts if you lose treasured and irreplaceable items; retain evidence of ownership if at all possible, and fill out a Support Ticket on the Forum. If your case is verifiable and the request reasonable, the items can either be recreated by Staff or recovered from a backup,” as well as Responsibility #3 that states “Please do not take for granted the trust the Staff has placed on you – continue to obey and respect
the rules, and avoid any actions against them, either in­game or off, that may be interpreted as
manipulative, coercive, or of a threatening or harassing nature.”

Question #4: “Fully understanding your role in this issue, please explain why you feel you can safely be unbanned from the Server.”

I feel I can be unbanned from this server because I personally believe that I have matured. It’s been two years since I have been banned and I feel as If I have been able to understand how to be more considerate of other people's emotions instead of just my own. I intend to have a full apology for anyone who I may have wronged in the process of these actions of mine and assure them they will never happen again. Overall I hope everyone trusts that experiences and new knowledge comes with age and two years can definitely change a egotistical young boy.

Question #5: “Please explain what you intend to do on our server to restore trust in you.”

I am prepared to do anything it takes to have the servers trust regained from my absence. Whoever needs help with something I am there to offer my assistance. I will lay low as my coming into the server may alarm some of the owners and players of the community and I don’t wish to cause a disruption. Like I stated in the previous question, I am prepared to give apologies to anyone I feel like I caused a problem towards. I hope my actions will be enough to keep the people of the server kept at ease and calm. And if people do feel alarmed then I will reassure them that I don’t mean to cause anymore problems.

Question #6: ”Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft, or your involvement in our server.”

#1: I enjoy socializing a lot outside of my computer friends at school and enjoy having parties at my home.

#2: I run track and Cross Country, as well as soccer on the side with my friends during the summer weekends.

#3: I am 6’2” and my family is known for being tall and making people feel uncomfortable when we stand all around them.

#4: My favorite color is cyan (It used to be green but everything changes eventually).

#5: I live in the United States of America,with a family of 6, a small maltese dog and a cat named Mia.

#6: I am currently in my school’s musical called “Suessical” which is a mix of stories created by Dr. Suess.

#7: I enjoy beatboxing, but most people would I agree I am awful and should probably quit.

#8: I have blonde hair, and my friends tease me about how I obsess over putting too much product in it to be just perfect.

#9: I’m intrigued by space and it’s vastness. The fact that there is a ball of mass with a gravitational pull so intense that not even light itself can escape from it is astounding.

#10: I am currently in a relationship with my girlfriend Lindsey, and we have been dating for a few months now.

Question #7: “Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.”

#1: I am extremely passionate about politics and am prepared to argue about them at any point in time with anyone.

#2: I can talk too much at times in my classes and that can also apply to the server as I had a bit more words than breath.

#3: People have told me that I can be easily distracted and has caused me to go off track at times on the server and in real life.

#4: I can be easily manipulated, and I trust people too easily, which shows how I simply gave my allegiance to SpeederTGS.

#5: I have been shown that I rely on people too frequently and causes me to become clingy, annoying, and obnoxious.

Question #8: “Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.”

I completely understand my brash actions, and I comprehend why I was banned in the the first place.

Question #9: “Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully read through your unbanning application review, and will listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Feedback stage.”

I acknowledge that I will respect any posts written about me and will take them as constructive criticism from my previous actions that I have done on the server prior to being banned.

QUESTION #10: “Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and that this will motivate you to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.”

I am aware of the effort that is put into these unbanning applications, and I thank you for your consideration and for allowing me to create this application to be unbanned.

Last edited by FluffyNyan on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing some grammatical mistakes and periods! :))

FluffyNyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:41 pm

Hello Captain, long time no see.  Thank you for writing this unbanning application, it looks amazing compared to previous attempts.  And it seems like you finally learned not to be so stubbornly proud and accepted that you will commit some mistakes -- prior to that, you were willing to hurt others just to preserve the illusion of a great reputation. Ironically, in letting go that obsession with reputation, you sound a lot more respectful, intelligent and, yes, mature.  Wink

I'm trying real hard to pass the baton on to my other staff members [as it's not guaranteed I'll remain owner in 2017 as I'm interested in retiring from this role], so it may be a few days until one of my staff members can process your unbanning app. But rest assured that between the duration you've spent away and the quality of your unbanning application, I don't think there isn't much for you to worry about (well, I mean besides the long wait to process an unbanning app, but as Mister_ee will tell you it can be worth it). ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by HanChi Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Unbanning Application:

Runson/CaptainDiggen's Unbanning Application Review

Hello, Hannah here. I’m going to be reviewing your Unbanning Application.
Although we have never met, I have heard some old stories about you, and how you were one of the first Deputies on this server (and also the first to really abuse of his power). There is no ban report for you I can look over and I only know what little Cia and the other staff have told me, so in some way I'm a neutral party here.

QUESTION 1: I like your new name, it kinda reminds me a little of that movie Forrest Gump. I also like how you came up with it, thats sweet.

QUESTION 2: I know Cia would be as concerned about the controversy you caused rather than the actual attempt to wreck the server -- she would say how furious she was when you tried bullying Ajjget, who was moderator at the time, taking advantage of her young age and her insistence on wanting to be friends with everybody to cause her a lot of mental trauma.  Other new players might have also been bullied as well, not sure.  The server crashing bit was the last straw.  

I don't know anything about Skyscraper or Speeder, but Cia told me that he was very close to becoming the first Commissioner, but once he started acting weird and power-hungry as the day approached, she started getting suspicious and then worried. When she declined to do it, thats when he started working towards rebelling on the server.  He already tried sneaking in here once before but failed after he was declined a few times -- he apologized before giving up however. Still, it doesnt sound like he was a pleasant person and Im sorry to hear he tricked you and caused you all these problems -- but hey, it was a good lesson to learn, and now I'm sure you'll think twice before falling for any more tricks like this! ^^

QUESTION 3:
 Heh, that 8000 block right sounds kinda quaint, we have a lot more of map explored now, you can see that on Dynmap!  The other stuff sounds like it falls in line with what you did wrong, especially the whole outbursts thing and betraying the trust of the staff.  I think you would have broken stuff from the Deputy's Creed too, but we've never unbanned a former Deputy before so I guess you're off the hook there, heh.  Razz

QUESTION 4: That's wonderful to hear, and it shows in your writing. I took a peak at your last unbanning app in the other thread, and compared to this there is a BIG difference! It does sound like you're more willing to think of others not just yourself, and you sound sincere in wanting to apologize for your wrongs.  Two years have already passed, so its a chance that is long overdue.

QUESTION 5: Well Cia doesn't seem alarmed by you and Cay is hardly around, so I doubt that will be a problem. Also, I'm not sure how many players are around who remember you, although some of the older players are returning these days, I imagine one of you told you it was safe to try coming back.  So I doubt you have to do a whole lot on the server itself, but as long as you're nice, give apologies where you think it's needed, and contribute positively to the server, as your friend Misteree has, then you should be alright.

QUESTION 6:
1 - cool, that sounds really exciting!
2 - that sounds very healthy too!
3 - heh, you're almost a full foot taller than I am, but you're not the tallest player on the server -- it's cool that the rest of your family is tall too, that must be quite a site at gatherings. Smile
4 - yep, although cyan is a cool colour!
5 - Oh your dog and cat sound so cute!
6 - haha, that sounds amazing, I love that punny name "Suessical"
7 - have no clue what that is, but the name is awesome Smile
8 - oh yeah, that can damage your hair if you go overboard!
9 - that sounds really cool, we dont have that many people interested in space on the server, not enough to sound like astronomers I think.
10 - congrats!  Smile

QUESTION 7:

1 - oh yeah, that might lead to trouble sometimes, especially in America, heh.
2 - just think before you talk!  Razz
3 - easily distracted AND manipulated, tsk tsk.  You have to be careful.  Smile
4 - hopefully this isnt as bad as it used to be thanks to your age -- as Cia tells me, respect and trust is something you earn, not owe to anyone just because they say so.
5 - is this that reputation problem that Cia talked about in the reply above? that too can be a problem if you still have it, but hopefully with age and with this second chance you can finally be cured of that and learn to think for yourself.

QUESTION 8:
Thank you.

QUESTION 9:

Thank you, I hope people can offer some thoughts on this.

QUESTION 10:
Thank you, and thank you for writing this application response properly.  

FIRST THOUGHTS:
It may be because I don't know you very well, but seeing this application I don't see you as a terribly bad person.  Two years have passed, you have changed, you have adopted more normal pastimes, and you want to return to make amends.  You still have some small problems left, but nothing that isn't solvable, especially if you talk and open up to people. This server has changed my life in many great ways, and I hope we can help compliment yours too.

I will still open this up to Feedback however, since I want to hear what others think before making my final decision on your unbanning.  First though, between now and April 29th, 2016, you will have one opportunity to reply to my initial review above.  Note that this is to REPLY to my review, not rewrite your application -- the application above is set in stone and cannot be changed. This is just your opportunity to read my thoughts, and add elaborations that you think might be helpful, especially with regards to your five listed defects since these can still cause concern for people.

If you reply prior to the 29th, then I will open this up for Feedback, after which all players and staff will have three days to share their thoughts on your unbanning application. Once that Feedback session is over, then I will render my final decision.  Please reply before this date, however, as bad things happen if you miss that deadline -- I won't elaborate it here since I trust you to do this within the deadline, but in short you could risk an automatic ban extension (so don't do it!).  Wink

Thank you and good luck!

HanChi

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyNyan Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:27 pm

Hannah,
Thank you so much for your consideration for me to be unbanned. I know it takes a lot of time and effort to create these reviews and I appreciate your careful attention to my application. I am ready to receive the feedback from the players of the server. I hope to see you all soon!
Thanks again
-Runson.

FluffyNyan

Back to top Go down

Post by HanChi Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:46 pm

Thank you for your kind response, Runson. Smile I will now declare this open up for feedback until Saturday the 23rd April, as of which then I will come to my final decision.

HanChi

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister_ee Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Runson and I have been friends since Dravics server, he is a good friend to talk with and I feel very responsible for getting him banned, if I had not talked him into joining Speeder with the rival server he would've never ended up getting banned and had kept his Deputy rank. And on top of that I got parole and he didn't for two years? So I am very excited to see him join the server again and I feel like he does deserve this second chance.
Mister_ee
Mister_ee

Back to top Go down

Post by kidbatJT Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:20 pm

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone..."
We have all made mistakes in our past. It's been a long time since the server has seen Captain Diggens(now Runson) but I have stayed in contact with him outside of the server. I think he is a very mature individual, one who had just made an error. But once more, who here has not?
I would love to see my old friend return to the server as I'm sure he is missed by many and will be a very positive acting force upon the server. He's done his time, lets open our doors!
kidbatJT
kidbatJT

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Devious
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by mariomario64 Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:27 pm

I have known Runson for a while now, happened a while back when I was first on Dravic's I meet him, he is a good guy, I remember how much fun he was to be around, smart also, knows how to build an amazing house and I am a bit hyped about this because I kind of looked up to him, but then stopped after his banning and just, got a bit depressed, but hey everyone does deserve a second chance, had mine a while ago and it did good for me
mariomario64
mariomario64

RP Character Sheet
Name: Michael Schumal
Personality Trait: Devious
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:33 pm

Great to see that Runson is considering getting himself ubanned from our server! I can agree with all these guys that he has changed, from the power-hungry "money monkey" donator on Dravic's, to the henchman/cohort I used to technically command back on Skyscraper, and finally to the grown man he is today. While I'll never forget what a fiasco that server turned out to be, I completely agree that Runson is ready to come back to our server.
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:00 am

Of course I'll add some of my thoughts here too, since I feel that now is a great time for closure.

Early on in the life of Big Sis (then the Sister Server) I wasn't terribly fond of Captain (sorry if I still call you that, having trouble getting used to Runson) as he was obsessive, clingy, whiny, irritable and inconsistent.  He was still fun to be with in a kind of "cute little rascal" kind of way, but while he would be super overjoyed and appreciative one day because I took the time and energy to import his old Dravics house, some other day he would think of me as the spawn of satan because I wouldn't let him have his way with something.  It's a big reason why I was very much against his selection by Ajjget for early Deputy (back when this role started and the selection process was stupidly lax), even though i was slightly-less concerned with Mister_ee's selection (him being one of the quieter, saner players migrating over from Dravics, although certainly not without his faults). 

Even so, I opted to allow this to go forward and give Captain (and Ee) a chance to prove themselves in the field, and despite some initial decent results, things started to go downhill even before Skyscraper started.  Captain especially was hard to communicate with, was fiendishly ungrateful about his Deputy tools, was extremely rude to his "boss" Ajj (and both of them were perfectly fine sticking me in the middle of interpersonal drama), and was very disrespectful to our grand-owner Cayfie, especially when she insisted we revisit the whole KeepInventory decision. Even so, i was true to my word and kept him as Deputy till the bitter end, even as he was already doing gawd-knows-what at Skyscraper, and flaunting off the fact that he was a full moderator on Skyscraper despite being a lowly Deputy on our server.  

The red line was ultimately crossed after he started bullying our players and attempting to physically disrupt our server operation, although the main reason he got the more severe penalty [compared to Mister_ee] was because he appeared to inflict severe psychological trauma one of my staff members at the time (Ajjget).  It was made worse by the fact she never truly recovered, and it wasn't long post-Skyscraper that she had a the very regrettably-violent departure from our server.  Had I known then what I learned a few days ago about the real reason for her actions, I would have been more lenient as this was simply the action of two very young and silly kids who are scared to death to speak honestly, and are not above making some very rash and silly decisions if it means preserving some warped sense of reputation.  It was their mutual fears and insecurities that let this dangerous domino effect ruin their experience here, it was Captain's insecurities that made him susceptible to Speeder and Ee's manipulations, and it was his fear that prevented him from releasing a proper unbanning app after his parole eligibility, causing him to feel needlessly rejected and unwanted for almost two years.  Although Ee may feel guilty that he was unbanned first espite being largely more responsible for what transpired, the big difference is that Ee overcame his fears early, and had the inner strength and courage to apologize and make sincere amends.

By comparison, Captain's attempt was unapologetic and unrepetent, and it was just more of the same kind of behaviour that got him into trouble in the first place:
https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t48p25-old-unbanning-applications#4432

In any event, that's the early story of Captain from my eyes -- a brash, stubbornly-proud and fearful kid. But does that mean he should be allowed to return to Big Sis?  I would say 'yes'.

The fact that I spent a good deal of time ripping up how he was, doesn't mean I won't recognize and appreciate how he has become ever since.  I learned a lot from the Skyscraper debacle that helped make me a better owner I feel; and I like to think that his self-imposed 2 year ban was a kind of penitence for him, allowing him to feel honest regret for his actions as he matured into a young adult.  Besides, if Ee feels he was responsible for getting his friend busted, he can be satisfied by the fact that he has helped get his friend saved as well,  since his remarkable behavior post-unbanning set a good precedent for forgiveness and second chances.  I've had the joy of seeing a lot of forgiveness and second chances in the last few weeks, with players who once seemed to hate my guts agreeing to return, mingle with old friends, and treat me as a colleague rather than as a scary monster or vicious villain.  Those kind enough to offer apologies to me personally, as well as appreciation for keeping the community alive for three years and going, have helped heal a lot of holes in my heart that have persisted throughout that time, as people severely underestimate just how much hate, loneliness and loathing my unique position attracts.  

In short, Captain has earned a return so he can prove to himself that he is worthy of redemption, and so he can be with his friends, and enjoy the great fruits of our community (including the stuff he left behind) for however long we decide to keep Big Sis running.  He won't be staff anymore, of course, but at least he can still have a virtual family here , and that alone is worth caring for and protecting.  

Good luck Captain, and I hope this has been honest and helpful.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content