Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 2 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Old Unbanning Applications

+28
builderfish8
McSmithy
Haasman29
Minoriko
Turn999
Cordelia
FrutyLudy69
MoaOxii
Cykrion 2.0
StorySaysTruth
Jams
invisibledragon
Miisaka
kidbatJT
Chicago?
Flammole
BurgerWarrior
The_Glitch
Spookster
Mister_ee
Drakenguard
FluffyNyan
Dude1002746
SpeederTGS
BreakRoom
Ajjget
ShadowScale
Ciabatta
32 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Old Unbanning Applications - Page 2 Empty Re: Old Unbanning Applications

Post by The_Glitch Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:05 pm

My thoughts on mister_ee;
It's apparent that he has made a mistake... but based on things I've herd and seen I believe he has grown from it, and should be given a second chance... though his crime cannot be reversed, I believe he should have the opportunity to join us once more, It's a shame he was a deputy at the time, and therefore cannot ever regain the title, but I think it's for the best. I rest my statement on, He should be given a second chance.
The_Glitch
The_Glitch

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Fiery
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Having known him as long as I have, which I believe was since he first got onto Dravic's server ages ago, the story he's provided makes sense, and everything he's stated so far definitely fits his character (no offense intended to any parties).

I have a feeling that he should get a chance to regain his deputy status, if he so wills it, buuut... well, if you'll bend the rules for a 'good' case, you'll bend them for a worse one, too.

Overall, though, I believe he should get a second-chance, and a relatively lenient one, as well. While he *did* break the rules, he was a) tricked, b) clearly under heavy pressure, and c) was the least destructive of any other un-banning applicant (given that Dude went on a griefing spree before he was apprehended), and the last person that had been banned (since Cykrion went on an even bigger griefing spree before apprehension).

On that note, though, words do have power - especially hurtful ones - so I am not by any means saying we should completely disregard the rule book, let Ee in and re-promote him at the earliest convenience. Obviously probation is in order, though I don't believe it should be an especially harsh probation of any sort. I also don't believe we should allow him the chance to become a deputy again, given the rules for unbanning - even if this wasn't as great an offense as the griefing committed by Dude.

Tl;dr - I support giving Mister_ee a (relatively) light probation before returning him to Veteran status.
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Hello Burger,
The decision to relinquish the Deputy rank is in part practical, because when he was a Deputy it was still more of a "try-before-you-buy" rank, owing to limitations of technology, and owing in large part because of Captain (who we didn't want to give /give or /kick to).

Now the role has changed a lot, and is a lot closer to a mod-apprentice, so whatever criteria Ajj used to choose Captain and Ee wouldn't apply anymore.  

Not to say you couldn't choose to take him under your wing at some point since Moderators and Commissioners still choose Deputies, though, but it still needs a go-ahead from an owner and it may be a while before I can entrust a banned player with these powers.

(though maybe Cay would think differently?)

We can definitely restore his Veteran status, however -- you rightfully remembered that an unbanned player typically gets demoted to Novice for a while, but that can certainly be waived as a call for leniency. ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScale Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Mister had messaged me before this application, apologizing to me through a private message for his behavior towards the server and its moderators and seemed to understand the reasoning behind his ban and why he was wrong. He also explained how speeder had affected this whole situation.

As for his actual application, I feel that it reflects these feelings I mentioned before, especially when talking about what he learned during this. It seems to have changed him quite dramatically and hes got a much better mindset now then he did back then, hopefully it helps him in real life too.

In addition, the amount of time and clear effort put in to the app, and apologizing to staff members individually beforehand shows that he's really serious about changing and wanting to make amends, and really, thats all we're asking for by going through this.

So all in all, I forgive mister for what happened back then, I used to be angry about it, but apologies go a long way when they are meant, and would welcome him back on the server =]
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dude1002746 Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:10 pm

I haven't known him for long, infact, I only knew him on gunia's server. I believe however, that he should be given a second chance as I don't know what he said about you (ciabatta), but while words hurt, he understands that what he said was rash, and just plainly wrong and he regrets saying them. Aside from that, he claims that he wants to join back because of his friends. I was unbanned because of my friends, and no matter what people may say, friendships, real world or online are forever.
Dude1002746
Dude1002746

RP Character Sheet
Name: Gabe
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:01 pm

I agree with everything everyone else has said. What Mister did was wrong, and he knows it. He's made an effort to apologize for what he's done, which is pretty honorable in its own right.

I'm sure that, if he gets a second chance, he'll still be looked down upon as a convicted criminal by many of the players that were around at the time. Not one of them will fully forgive him. Harsh wounds will leave scars, but they still heal. Their grudges will lessen with time.

I can't remember when exactly I met Mister back on Dravic's, but he seems to have grown on me. We still talk to each other, share some laughs, and pretty much do whatever good friends do (minus the fact that we don't know each other in person). He needs to learn when to be serious, as most people still need to do. From what I've seen, however, he's been improving. Mister is still a knucklehead, but he's much less of one than before his ban.

I believe Mister deserves this second chance. Not only because he is a friend, but because he was a great addition to community before the whole Skyscraper mess.
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicago? Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:55 am

If I've played with Mister, then I don't remember it. As such, I cannot speak about him on the grounds of past experience. What I will say is that after all of this time, he still wants back onto our server. He chose to apologize instead of throwing a fit. That fact alone says a lot about him, in my eyes. When confronted with the possibility of never returning, he chose to make amends instead of cutting ties.

Every single person here has made mistakes at some point. It's simply part of being human. It's how we deal with the aftermath that defines us. We've seen the opposite end of the spectrum: those who kick and scream as they're dragged away, intent only on spreading their own pain as much as possible before they're gone. He, on the other hand, seems to have done nothing but repent for his actions. He has clearly put in some time and effort attempting to fix his mistakes, both in this application and his own private endeavors.

If nothing else, he seems humble, understanding, and apologetic. I don't believe I could ask for much else. I believe we should allow him back onto the server.
Chicago?
Chicago?

Back to top Go down

Post by kidbatJT Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:33 pm

I say yes, let him on!  x3 
kidbatJT
kidbatJT

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Devious
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffyNyan Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Hello forums! My name is FluffyNyan (AKA:CaptainDiggens) and I have decided to do a real unbanning post so here it goes (this is from the heart Razz)

I began Gullvers in 2013 on a sever called Dravics or "Under Gullivers Toe" it started as just a fun community modded survival sever but later it turned into what seemed like my second family I loved so dearly. It felt like these were the people to come to when I was tired and felt alone. My parents used to argue a lot (not anymore)so I wanted some people to come to so I could get them out of my heads. Almost why I started PC in the first place. And they accepted me and added me as part of their lives.

Later when the sever shutdown I quit for a long time until I found out about Ciabattas server. I felt as if I needed this so I joined and found my second family which I had missed. Things went well from there. Later I felt myself wanting more. And that "more" led to pushing others to an attempt to trying to get power. I honestly forgot what was really important. The people who brought me up the people who didn't reject me. Mister_ee (currently my best friend ever) was my push to come back and opened my eyes to show what I was missing he gave me light.
Bringing me peace and comfort. He was my conscience.

We had decided to go back to our friends and joined a Skype Chat called Random Family. I had once again found my so dearly loved family.

Now I am here. And I don't wish to cause the trouble I had made. I have truly opened my eyes to the mistakes I had made. Power is no longer a want or a need for me. I just need my family back And I want to know.
Would you reaccept me back to the home?

Thank you for reading and like mister said, even if I don't get unbanned I hope everyone realizes how sorry I am for pushing them away from my life.

P.S "Hugz"

FluffyNyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:27 pm

FluffyNyan wrote:Hello forums! My name is FluffyNyan (AKA:CaptainDiggens) and I have decided to do a real unbanning post so here it goes (this is from the heart Razz)

I began Gullvers in 2013 on a sever called Dravics or "Under Gullivers Toe" it started as just a fun community modded survival sever but later it turned into what seemed like my second family I loved so dearly. It felt like these were the people to come to when I was tired and felt alone. My parents used to argue a lot (not anymore)so I wanted some people to come to so I could get them out of my heads. Almost why I started PC in the first place. And they accepted me and added me as part of their lives.

Later when the sever shutdown I quit for a long time until I found out about Ciabattas server. I felt as if I needed this so I joined and found my second family which I had missed. Things went well from there. Later I felt myself wanting more. And that "more" led to pushing others to an attempt to trying to get power. I honestly forgot what was really important. The people who brought me up the people who didn't reject me. Mister_ee (currently my best friend ever) was my push to come back and opened my eyes to show what I was missing he gave me light.
Bringing me peace and comfort. He was my conscience.

We had decided to go back to our friends and joined a Skype Chat called Random Family. I had once again found my so dearly loved family.

Now I am here. And I don't wish to cause the trouble I had made. I have truly opened my eyes to the mistakes I had made. Power is no longer a want or a need for me. I just need my family back  And I want to know.
Would you reaccept me back to the home?

Thank you for reading and like mister said, even if I don't get unbanned I hope everyone realizes how sorry I am for pushing them away from my life.

P.S "Hugz"

Captain, you have a six month sentence, so you're not eligible for parole until at least September 15th of this year.  

Besides which, just like I told you via email, I see very little admittance of what you've done wrong, and a whole lot of admittance that you emotionally depend solely and completely on another person (or people), which is practically unchanged from how you were before.  The moment that solitary support network is gone or attacked, you'll fall apart completely because you have no self-esteem of your own, and you'll go back to hurting and lashing out at others again.

So my advice is to use the remaining 3 months to try and learn some semblance of self-respect and personal responsibility, otherwise you won't make it past the unbanning process.

Now please don't interrupt your friend's unbanning process while it's going so well.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Miisaka Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Though I haven't played with Mister_ee, I've heard about what he's done in the past. I find it kind of odd Captain decided to write an unbanning appeal at such a convenient time to potentially join his friend. Though that's a separate case altogether, I'll focus on the information Mister himself has given us.

From what I can see, he seems to be aware of what he did wrong. He's also coming in aware of the reputation he's had, and that's a pretty brave thing to do. He also seems to have been patient with his waiting time, and has fulfilled most of the requirements expected of him via the application. A little time away can make someone think about their actions, especially if they begin to value the friendships they formally held with others.

Though if he really is sincere about friendships (which is his only listed reason for rejoining) and has truly learned his lesson, then it's probably safe to give him a second chance.
Miisaka
Miisaka

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:01 am

Final Ruling

The 48-hour feedback period is now over, and I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to share their thoughts on the assessment, as well as offering their overwhelming support for Mister_ee's unbanning.

I'd like to take the opportunity to stress the importance of going through this lengthy and tedious process for something as seemingly simple as pardoning a player.  In short, although I know that practically we probably cannot be a "community", I still want us to have a community spirit -- a feeling of wanting to protect our community to the full extent of our abilities, and to be able to voice opinions and share in the decision making like a proper community.  In so doing, the decision to unban a person won't lie solely on the dictatorial whims of a single admin type, but rather the collective desire of a vast majority of players.  It is genuinely gratifying to work and play in an environment that cares to that extent, and hopefully Mister_ee will appreciate the privilege of being pardoned and admired by so many different people.

Although the assessment lacked on the technical requirements in some places, the excellent replies in its latter half, combined with the overwhelmingly-positive public feedback, his demonstration of courage to take personal responsibility for his actions, and his historically-good behavior, all work towards stifling any doubts that should linger about reintroducing Mister_ee onto our server. So it is the judgement of this owner that Mister_ee's request to be unbanned from the server is hereby ACCEPTED WITHOUT CONDITION. Although he formally resigned from the Deputy position, being accepted without condition ensures that he will not have additional conditions of parole dictating how he is reintroduced into the server, so he will retain his Veteran status and can interact with players and staff freely upon his return.

Please be sure to reread the Novice's Creed and Veteran's Creed, review the Tips and Tricks section of my blog guide, and re-acquaint yourself with the server map before returning as a lot has changed since you left.

Congratulations, and welcome back.
This unbanning session is hereby adjourned.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister_ee Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:01 am

Thank you all very much! And yes, I do see there are quite a bit of changes you added. Well, thank you for your effort put into this whole mess! I will not screw up again like I did last time.
Mister_ee
Mister_ee

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibledragon Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Welcome back potato man. Smile
invisibledragon
invisibledragon

RP Character Sheet
Name: Invisible Dragon
Personality Trait: Quiet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jams Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Welcome back! I finally have someone for the carrots to beat Razz
Jams
Jams

RP Character Sheet
Name: Jammy
Character Description:

http://thistotallyexists.com/notreal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Glitch Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:23 pm

Yay Mister!!! Also, Jammy wouldn't you have the orange army, carrots and pumpkins
The_Glitch
The_Glitch

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by StorySaysTruth Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi, My IGN Is XMOAB2DEATHX. My real name is Drew McNamee.

I was banned from the big sister server, i'm not sure when because i wasn't aware of it, but after i became known to this, I knew exactly why.

I was banned for something that happened almost 2 years ago i believe.
It was when Gunia's server was fresh, i originally started back in drac's server, if I remember the name right it was "under gullivers toe".
I was in the server for a rather long time and I was well known, i respected everyone in a civil manner, I was a rather judgemental person.

I bumped into Gunia's server. Before the existence of the big sister and little brother server.
I was new to minecraft at the time, i didn't know much recipes but i knew how the game worked, i had never took the time to build stuff on my own, i had no respect for others builds. I griefed a build by several people, it was wooden and therefore i burned it.
I Look back at it and it kills me inside.
I did this on Gunia's server, i went back to drac's server and continued playing for a good while before it closed down. I felt guilty, as I donated because maybe i hadn't donated enough to keep it up and if I donated a slight bit more then it could've stayed up.
This led to me leaving the gulliver mod world for a good few months before finding out that most people i knew from drac's server had left to the big sister server, I got whitelisted and it was just like the old days. it was great fun, awesome community and it was just fantastic in general.

People from gunia's server recognized me, they despised me and didn't want to talk to me and told everyone of my actions, I had no idea what they were talking about. I remembered and I told them I was sorry.
I said that I was a lot younger and i had changed a huge amount.
They actually said that it was ok if i got a second chance.

We actually played lots and I made sure that we had lots of fun and that players were getting the best of there experience on the server.
I left again... this time was out my own accord.
i came back another few months and realized i was not whitelisted then i was told by Ciabatta, I was blacklisted from the server permanently.

If I were back on the server I would contribute in many ways.
I have learned a lot in my time, I am a Graphics Designer and Youtuber, I make an income every month through this and it has went successfully.
I've been playing on other servers and I provide free graphics such as profile pictures and signatures on their forums
Link: https://cubecraftgames.net/threads/3d-name-signature.4157/

I would enforce the rules significantly to make sure that nobody breaks the rules like I do, make sure they are fully aware of the consequences that are there if they do happen to break the rules in any way.

I would respect all players and staff as such, I will make sure I help new players and players in general as much as I can.

The actions i provided were not right and break the rules entirely and I take those into mind and respect the choice for me to be banned.

I have already told my friends about the server many times and my sister actually played on the server for numerous months too, I will also make sure i continually remind players and friends that the server is available and running all the time, if they needed assistance installing mods, I will provide a guide to make sure they reach the server without issues.

About me: I live in the UK, I am 14.
I am interested in computer technology and upgradabilty, I can troubleshoot computers and programs, I am a beginner coder in HTTP,CSS and Java.
Me and my friends play lots of games and we code lots too, we all enjoy computing and as such study the subject to the fullest.
Minigames are my favorite thing to do in minecraft, I am rather addicted to Skywars and I have won 3 competition regarding skywars, in April I came 4th place in a 2000 person skywars tournament.
I make videos on youtuber commonly and Have been for 4 years.
I have 641 subscribers and almost 200,000 views.

Extra: I was 12 When I was first banned from Gunia's server, I have learned from my actions and I now commonly enforce the rules on any server.
I would like to make an apology to everyone.
to the player that were affected due to my actions, to Gunia and Ciabata, for breaking the rules on your server and not respecting your servers builds.
to the players of the server, for breaking my trust to you that i would never disrespect you or anything that you built.

Thank you for reading my Application for being unbanned.
- Story / Drew
StorySaysTruth
StorySaysTruth

RP Character Sheet
Name: Drew
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

http://storysaysgames.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:39 pm

MOAB, there is no unbanning application until I give you an unbanning application -- all you can do at this time is make a please for an unbanning application.  In other words, you probably should have checked beforehand as far as unbanning eligibility before wasting your time writing something so large, as I could just as easily toss it out without reading.

I won't do that now, but I will have a staff discussion to discuss your fate. Two years have passed, but you're still young and perhaps not as high-minded as you think you are; besides which, we've been suckered by smooth-talkers before.  Moreover, you came at a very bad time when we're actively trying to GET RID of people who may cause problems [or could potentially cause problems] for our server and its better players, rather than actively trying to bring in everyone and their dog as many servers try to do to boast of player count.  Therefore, the burden of likability is solely on you, as by default we wouldn't want you.

We will deliberate on this, and return an answer within a month's time.  Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Just an update on MOAB (hereafter referred to as Drew, because of that awful username), we have agreed to allow for the unbanning application process to continue.  I will prepare the unbanning application and post it here along with additional instructions.

This will be slightly different from previous parole hearings, since Drew did not yet commit a crime on our at the time of his banning (at least as far as I'm aware of), and the banning and dewhitelisting was done to undo an improper and premature whitelisting.

For this reason, his name will be retained, the unbanning application will hereafter be referred to as an "Unblacklisting Application", and the process will be referred to as an "Enhanced Whitelist Review".
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:45 am

Before we begin, I want to clarify to people why I am asking you to write an unblacklisting application when in fact you already wrote an "unbanning application" -- this is quite simply because only I have the authority to issue unbanning/unblacklisting applications based on the individual issues or crimes with the players being evaluated.  The person under scrutiny cannot dictate the conditions of his review anymore than a real-life criminal can dictate the conditions of his trial.

However, people interested in being unbanned/unblacklisted can certainly declare a statement of intent to go through the unbanning/unblacklisting process, irregardless of the hardships they may encounter.  The statement of intent may overlap with the application at some points, and therefore you're welcomed to reuse some of the content in your statement of intent in your application -- provided you correct any original spelling, layout or grammar issues, of course.

Now then, below is your customized unblacklisting application.  This is meant to be used only by you , as it is specific to your circumstances.

There will be guidelines to follow, so to avoid any issues I recommend reading through them carefully and following all instructions indicated.  Please don't rush this application -- fill it out completely and carefully, and avoid spelling and grammar mistakes wherever possible, as this will be used to gauge the extent of your sincerity and determination.  A poor rushed application that is barely legible indicates that you have zero interest in returning other than for petty revenge, whereas a carefully-crafted application would speak volumes as to the seriousness of your intent to redeem your name.

=============================================

QUESTION #1:  Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here, and explain why you chose to make it so unreassuring.
In particular we'd like to know if you're aware of what "MOAB" can me, in the context of something deadly, and whether you know the alternate meaning of the pairing.

QUESTION #2:  Please explain why you feel you can safely be removed from the Server's blacklist.
You are free to recycle from your statement of intent and apology above, as you do touch on reasons you believe we should admit you back into our server.  Considering the ease in which you could have simply vanished and avoided the scrutiny you will undergo here, there must be a reason you opted to endure and stick with us.  After all, how different are we really from other Minecraft servers, and certainly other Gulliver servers?

Please type your reply in no less than 90 words.

QUESTION #3:  Please explain what you intend to do on our server to restore trust in you.
Again, you are free to recycle material from the statement of intent, but bear in mind that despite your every effort, we are obliged to assume by default that you might not be entirely truthful.  While it is true that your average griefer might not want to invest all this time and energy to infiltrate our server, that doesn't negate the reality that ambitious criminals may get a thrill from the challenge.  Ergo, you will need to be put under observation for an indeterminate amount of time.  

The only way to reduce that is with good behavior and a very modest approach to reintroducing yourself onto our server.  Bear in mind that we do not always approve of vigilante justice, nor are we interested in getting a lot more new players, what do you plan on doing to market yourself as someone we needn't worry about?

Please type your reply in no less than 90 words.

QUESTION #4: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft or your involvement in prior Gulliver servers.
You may recycle some from your statement of intent, but please format them according to modern application standards, meaning your answers MUST be in the form of bullet points and as full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per fact.

QUESTION #5: Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.
The first step to resolving a problem is to admit you have a problem -- that way, you know you can try to do something about it.  You're free to reference one or two issues from prior Gulliver/Minecraft servers, but it's really personal issues that interest us the most as far as gauging who you say you are.  

The answers should be in bullet form format and in full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per defect.

QUESTION #6:  Please reread the Novice Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you likely failed to uphold had these existed on Gunia's server.  
The point here is to have you understand the infractions committed, and why that might seem like a problem for us since we put the onus of carrying out these responsibilities on the players themselves.  If we admit a player who has a history of not respecting another person's chest contents, why should we assume that person will respect our mandated Responsibility to not steal from others?  So long as you realize we have to supervise up to 270 registered players, you may better understand if seemingly-unfair precautions might be required.

Please type your reply in no less than 60 words.

QUESTION #7:  Please clarify the exaggerated timings in your statement of intent.
Based on the Mincraft Forum, Gunia's Server appeared to come into existence on January 1st, 2013... and your presence is first described several months later during accusations of griefing.  Although we're close to two years, we're still not quite there yet -- and even if we were, how does 2 years necessarily equate to more maturity?  And for that matter, why would gaining some money from youtube videos and graphics commission amount to changing you as a person?  

Please type your reply in no less than 60 words.

QUESTION #8:  Would you be able to tell the kind of personal qualities that I see in a good player? And if so, please try to list approximately 12 of these qualities.
This should be a relatively easy answer if you followed my advice earlier.  
A listing with 12 words should suffice.

QUESTION #9:  Would you be able to tell what my views are about learning in the context of our server and in the context of one's personal life?  If so, please describe it here, and include how you feel this process can be a valuable learning experience for you.
This should also be doable if you followed my advice earlier; however, here you are required to read and interpret my writings in your own words, and also include an additional pargraph about yourself in relation to my writings.

Please type your reply in no less than 100 words.

QUESTION #10:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your blacklisting.
Now we get to the acknowledgements portion of the unblacklisting application.  

Please submit a full sentence of no less than 15 words stating that you acknowledge the above statement.

QUESTION #11:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Assessment phase.
Collecting feedback from players and staff is critical to the unblacklisting process, as it makes the act of unblacklisting a "communal" effort rather than simply a wild whim of the owner.  In this way, we all share the pride (or the risk) of unblacklisting you, and also broadcast the need to keep you monitored as often as possible.  During this process, you will be allowed to answer questions if you are asked any, but as a matter of principle you cannot interfere, influence or disrupt the process in any way.

Please submit a full sentence of no less than 15 words stating that you acknowledge the above statement.

QUESTION #12:  Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unblacklisting application, and will do your utmost to not let our efforts go in vain by pledging to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.
I intentionally did not use the word "community" to avoid the pitfalls behind that word... that's because we're still a game and we still have to maintain some form of irreverence, but at the same time it takes a good deal of trust and courage to share this game of ours with someone who could potentially do us harm.  A personal assurance that you will do your best to never to be a well-behaved member of our server will go a long way towards demonstrating your resolve, on top of all the effort you've done in filling out this unblacklisting application. After all, talk is cheap, but actions are not.  

=============================================

And that should be all.

I would like your Unblacklisting Application to be completed by end of day Friday, August 22nd.  If you need more time, please let us know immediately and we can offer extensions.  Take your time and please do not rush the application.

Thank you and good luck.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by StorySaysTruth Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:06 am

1. My full and only minecraft username is: XMOAB2DEATHX
I chose this username because I made my minecraft account when i was a lot younger and I was into all the 18 games which younger kids are in fact into,

if anyone is a fan of call of duty would know that a "MOAB" is a game ending weapon in call of duty. I've been dreading to change my username for a long time now and I can assure you no violence is mean't in my username and is merely a taunt, when it is changed it will not have a violence term in the username.

Also it was accidentally made into a premium account, as I was younger I was bad at passwords and I had about 8 minecraft non-premium accounts and I gave premium to the wrong one which is the one I use today.

2.  Because I made a childish decision to what I did and I'm sincerely sorry to anybody who I hurt by griefing their structures on Gunia's previous server, I've changed a lot since then.

The reason this server is so dear to me is mainly the players, after everyone moved from dracs server I thought that was where I was mean't to be after the closing. I didn't even know about the closing of dracs server till 1 month after it happened.

I've realized the consequences in my mistakes from the grief and that the events that took place don't vanish.

3.  I've already had past experience with the server therefore I already know my way around, so I can apply my knowledge of the server (bearing in mind that nothing has changed too much in 7 months)  and help new players to get around spawn and know how the server currency works, where certain shops and buildings are, where they can build and what to expect.

I have a lot of spare time on my hands and most of the time (in my time zone) there are normally 1 or 2 people on. so if a new player comes on and nobody is there, they won't know where to start, so if I was on the server I would most likely be on most of the time.

To restore trust I will to all in my power to get involved with community activities and stay up to date with server updates to make sure that I am dedicating myself to the server.

• I can do morgan freemans voice because my voice is a lot deeper than other peoples.
  • I've been studying code in my own time for 2 months, I am studying javascript, HTML and CSS.
  • I have brief knowledge on hardware from computers and consoles because I've replaced numerous parts in my own for about 2 years.
  • I've never played WoW, LoL or Runescape or anything similar because I don't have an interest in those games.
  • I've moved around 7 times since birth because of how tense the areas were and I've settled in one place for 3 years now.
  • I've been making youtube videos for 4 years because of my addiction to editing or merely being creative and testing different effects and music styles.
  • I've never been to kfc in my entire life because I've always had McDonalds or something similar.
  • I've never seen a 3D movie until 1 month ago because of my eye sight and how "3D wouldn't work for me", that is not true I found out.
  • I've never seen any form of media relating to harry potter in my entire life, movies, books, games etc.
  • I've completed 'Super Meat Boy' 3 times and got numerous speed runs near world records

• I'm rather argumentative, if I believe in something truly, I will do all in my power to make sure that statement is correct, wither I am actually wrong, my family tell me this and I do admit it, I start arguments often but I've learned to contain arguing by not bringing up anything and just plainly agreeing with people wither wrong or not.
  • Comparing my work to others, I built a couple of Skywars maps for others servers and when other people show their builds I always compare mine to theirs and it starts arguments because "i am showing off". People say that I am trying to show mine is better rather than just respecting their build and showing how good it is.
  • The way you do things are wrong - Numerously on another forum I was told by a staff member to stop being unappreciative of other peoples way of doing things because I told someone "that tactic is horrible" about a game of pvp. It started a hassle between players and I made a mistake by saying that.
  • Copying - This is not what you think it is. I done some graphics in my time but I have attempted to copy others numerous times, I get an image and put it at the side and try to make a complete remake of it for my own use, some say this isn't exactly copying more of tracing, I'm quite a creative person I just can't get an image out of my head and onto the paper, I always need a reference image to guide me through shapes and measurements.
    Keep in mind, anything that was requested to me or commissions were never copied or hand drawn, I do 3D graphics as commissions.
  • Opinions - I always express my opinion but I am told I do it way too often and most of the time I disagree with people, also causing arguments.

I am not a complete troublemaker and go around arguing all the time.
Most of the events quoted above took place when I was in a stressful family position and it was making me a lot more angrier towards people. I still have these issues with arguing but they do not occur all the time.

I failed to follow the following responsibilities on gunia's server.

"Please be courteous to your fellow players on our server."

"Please refrain from the act of griefing or vandalism on private property, as well as wholesale destruction of public property."

"Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid-back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun."

There is a lot of responsibilities that you may Believe I actually broke but I will state more information about the grief.

I was allowed into the home of the people, they allowed me to mine and get materials with them, I was supplied with the items used to grief. I was given lots of random stuff.

7. 2 Years is a lot of time and you can do huge amounts of stuff between that time, I was just getting into pc gaming at the time and I was recently a console gamer.

I had never spent a huge amount of time making something and never seen the huge amount of effort that went into making stuff.

Making videos and graphics I realize how it feels to have something that took you so long to make just destroyed. Similar events happened, when i spent 3 hours making a rendered commission for a forums member and he refused to use it because it "wasn't what he was expecting".

Not entirely the same situation but the same disrespect of time and effort.
I said "2 years" because that was how long ago it felt to me. I simply rounded the years, because it was rather close to 2 years ago.

• Creativity
  • Generosity
  • Honesty
  • Humility
  • Resourcefulness
  • Intelligence
  • Kindness
  • Loyalty
  • Nobility
  • Humor
  • Tact
  • Self-Respect

Also:
  • Treat others how you would like to be treated. Golden rule.

9. You love learning and you always want to pass your learnings and experiences with others, wither right or wrong. You want to make sure that people are fully knowledgeable on what they are doing so that you aren't responsible for any mistakes they make, because then it is their own fault.

You want to teach people something by playing on this server, to meet people and gain friendships to become a better person so you won't make mistakes and you would realize no matter if you had a friendship you would've had a friendship with someone else too so you would've learned something no matter the outcome .
There is a bigger world out there that needs you more and it will always exist, therefore it needs your attention a lot more than a temporary server that may never exist tomorrow does. Even though it may be gone it still taught you something and it will help you in the real world and that is primarily the servers goal.

This is a learning experience for me because accepting my mistakes is something i do not do often, I have now made certain that this is something I will do from now on and will also help me in my personal life even after this server cease to exist. The server is like a school lesson teaching you whatever the course holds.

10. I understand and thank you for giving me the chance to prove myself and how I can dedicate myself.

11. I understand. I will respect all statements or questions asked or made in the process of the assessment phase of the unblacklisting application.
I will read all written by the players and staff of the server and will accept everything written and will not disrupt the process unless asked a question.

12. I acknowledge the effort put into making this unblacklisting application form for my actions and I thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts and how sorry I am for my actions on gunia's server wither unblacklisted or not.
I've said it numerously but If I ever touch ground on the server ever again you have my word no negative activity will be from me. I will remain positive and helpful to all players.

================================================

Extra Paragraph. From my point of view this looked rushed but I have already written a whitelist application, an unbanning application and now this.
I've been studying what I have written for about 1 hour now and I spent hours writing this and checking each paragraph to check it suited the word count.

I thought you were going to throw me out and not give me the chance to make this blacklist application but you gave me a chance to prove myself and I respect and thank you for letting me.

- Drew / Story
StorySaysTruth
StorySaysTruth

RP Character Sheet
Name: Drew
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

http://storysaysgames.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Very very good, this is thus far the best response to date, now I am personally happy to have given you the chance to go forward with this. Smile

I have yet to reply to some points raised that I feel need comment, I will do so later today. However, I will go ahead and open this for feedback now, so anyone on the forum can post and express their views about your unblacklisting.

I will keep the feedback window open until 12pm CST on Sunday, August 17th, after which I will give the final decision.

Thank you very much for brightening my day, that was a good read.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Glitch Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:00 pm

I thought his unbanning application was put together nicely, and he has grown sense the ban, and I am in favor of allowing him back
The_Glitch
The_Glitch

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:09 pm

I was reading the application and I saw something worth noting...

You mention being argumentative, always insisting that you're right. The only thing I see with this is that, here on Big Sister,  we (unfortunately) have plenty of stubborn little kids who think the same thing. You're going to have fun fighting with them, but we're not going to enjoy listening. Please, keep these fights to a minimum? :3

I believe you deserved this chance, put don't make me regret it. Wink
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Flammole wrote:I was reading the application and I saw something worth noting...

You mention being argumentative, always insisting that you're right. The only thing I see with this is that, here on Big Sister,  we (unfortunately) have plenty of stubborn little kids who think the same thing. You're going to have fun fighting with them, but we're not going to enjoy listening.

Well, I read the rest of that bulletpoint, and he said he'd learned to contain it and all that good stuff...

Besides that point, anyway, your application looks great, Moab. Good luck (and don't make us regret this Razz ) ^^
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next