Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Staff Announcements - Page 4 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Staff Announcements - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Staff Announcements - Page 4 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Staff Announcements - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Staff Announcements - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Staff Announcements - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Staff Announcements - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Staff Announcements - Page 4 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Staff Announcements - Page 4 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Staff Announcements

+38
lizeli9
SFPT
timbletac1
PTpirahna
TheHylianWizard
Slasherss2
Pazlin
Adamsuper2002
Mimi
Spitfire
builderfish8
Lomgren
Haasman29
bryceio
KaCii
TricksterThePokemonMaster
Turn999
Raddaman8000
BrandonBui
Night_Lord123
Ciabatta
a4955
Spookster
HanChi
Iceman13590
Tilk
mrpiggy99
Dude1002746
Jams
Miisaka
Flammole
Skeletor1991
invisibledragon
The_Glitch
BreakRoom
BurgerWarrior
Ajjget
ShadowScale
42 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Staff Announcements - Page 4 Empty Re: Staff Announcements

Post by HanChi Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:50 am

Yay coco!!!

HanChi

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Lazy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Hello all!

It is my pleasure to congratulate Flammole for his promotion to the rank of server Moderator, our first publicly-appointed Moderator to ever go through the full rank spectrum, to fine player to Deputy, to Commissioner and now to this prestigious rank! 

Flammole need no introduction. Moderator on Dravics', great player on Gunia's, level-headed owner of Skyscraper, and valuable Deputy/Commissioner here on Big Sister and Little Brother. Flammole has described himself as a patient person, and it shows... he has slowly but surely worked his way up to a level whereby we can trust him, directly and with full confidence, with the safety and security of our server. I hereby proudly offer Flammole the opportunity to be a Moderator on our server, so he can extend to us the same devotion and responsibility that he has offered to so many of our predecessors.

Flammole was voted in through a parliamentary-style staff election featuring a whopping 94% voter turnout, with 15 votes in favor and one abstain due to unavailability!

I want to thank everyone who participated for giving Flammole such an enthusiastic vote of confidence! Staff Announcements - Page 4 823776373

Staff Announcements - Page 4 Epic-cat-win
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ciabatta Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:50 am

Hello all!

Just in time for Halloween, I am pleased to give a ghostly congratulations to Spookster for his promotion to the rank of server Commissioner, after a successful run as a very active and helpful and Deputy.

The life of Spookster on our server represents a shining example of transformation as ever can be described. Though a passionate builder and caretaker of long lost relics, he was early on a player craving for attention, engrossed with himself, prone to complaining and bitter when he failed to achieve what he wanted. This persisted for many months, and despite his best efforts to impress with lavish buildings, constant favors and server-wide notoriety, he was never going to achieve what he wanted with the many faults he demonstrated in those early days. And so he let go of those wayward ambitions and proceeded to focus on the core values of his time on this server, enjoying the game for what it was worth, having fun with his friends, and participating in projects for the fun and out of the kindness of his heart, and assuming a calm and peace-loving demeanor that was a far cry from the bitter barnacle we knew before.  

In the greatest of ironies, it was when he stopped trying to forcefully become staff that he suddenly became staff material, and when given the chance to prove his mettle with the Deputy rank we certainly got more than what we bargained for. He continues to be an excellent player and builder with almost-peerless attendance, but is now armed with a quiet-yet-friendly air of maturity, ample communication skills, a willingness to help with app reviews frequently and consistently, and above all an interest to learn from his mistakes and improve upon them. Spookster is the embodiment of what a player can achieve not by bragging and begging, but by respecting and embracing the values that we hold dear to us in our server community; therefore, he has proven himself to be an individual who can be entrusted with the greater Commissioner powers, as well as our respect and admiration.

Spookster was voted in through a parliamentary-style staff election featuring a 75% voter turnout, with 12 votes in favor and four abstains.

I want to thank everyone who participated for giving Spookster a well-earned vote of confidence! Staff Announcements - Page 4 823776373

Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spookster Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:34 am

Alrighty I would like to announce that I won't be avaible starting 3 november until around 6 / 7 november.

Its because I have a school trip to London I'll try to keep contact with the forums ^^ until then! (Or if you can catch me later today Razz)
Spookster
Spookster
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jams Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:53 am

Yay London! Have fun!
Jams
Jams

RP Character Sheet
Name: Jammy
Personality Trait: Fiery
Character Description:

http://thistotallyexists.com/notreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:08 pm

Have fun, Spookie!  Say hello to half the server for us.  Razz
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:10 am

Hello all!

I am thrilled and overjoyed to congratulate Liz for her promotion to the rank of server Commissioner, after a successful run as our longest-running Deputy on our server!

Like the proverbial sleeping giant or dragon, Liz came to us remarkably shy and willing to hide in the shadows of others, yet occasionally let free a burst of wit, intelligence, or biting commentary that belied her quiet selflessness. It was thanks to this potential, as well as her mental fortitude and helpfulness, that earned her the place as our very first proper Deputy on our server, a distinction she has quietly but proudly worn for the past 10 months. During that time her participation ebbed and flowed from exceptional to hardly perciptible, as she seemed content with the powerful yet leisurely life of a Deputy; it came to the point where she simply would have no interest to advance and challenge her potential.  

But in hindsight it seemed like she was biding her team, and we have for the last few months enjoyed a reawakening of this lion, seemingly out of hibernation, and willing to give it her all. Her communication has broadened considerably, her participation in the forums is more frequent than ever before, and she has actively participated in in-game activities and projects to the point she's practically as ubiquitious presence in the afternoons. Freed from any fear of reprisals, she has authored a number of award-winning application reviews and continues to be a growing star in this arena. And best of all, she has actively and openly embraced the lessons learned here as a matter of self-improvement, and is proud enough to recognize her own potential for advancement to the extent she is willing to work hard to earn it. And earned it she has -- Liz stands tall as an icon of patience, humility, and aspiration, and I believe she has proven after nearly a year of service to be an individual who can be entrusted with the greater Commissioner powers, as well as our respect and admiration.

Liz was voted in through a parliamentary-style staff election featuring a 75% voter turnout, with 12 votes in favor and four abstains.

I want to thank everyone who participated for giving Liz a well-earned vote of confidence! Staff Announcements - Page 4 823776373

Staff Announcements - Page 4 Large
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:56 pm

Hello everyone! About time this thread was used for anything besides promotions, eh?

I'm posting this here to let everyone know I'll be unavailable through December 3rd to December 9th. Why, you ask? I'll he on vacation! Where? Well...

I'm going to HAWAII! WOOOO! Though, it won't be all fun and games: I'm going there on a school band trip to play at Pearl Harbor!

Ninten isn't going, so youpl see him on Steam 99% of the time. I'll do my best to use my Kindle over there for that stuff, but I've.learned that my Kindle can also access the console. Who knows? I might be able to drop a little "aloha"! >w<
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Oooh!! That's awesome, hawaii!!! Eat some macadamia nuts for me!!! ♥

Oh and yeah, a Kindle tablet, when properly hacked, can do practically anything a regular Android tablet can (since it IS Android, just well disguised). ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spookster Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:54 am

Hello everyone! I like to say that I choose Elmira_ (Mimi) as my deputy for the following reasons...

• She's active on both the server and the forums

• Is friendly to our players

• Is a great builder!

Congratulate her if you see her online and congrats Mimi!
Spookster
Spookster
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:02 am

Approved!  Welcome to the club, Mimi! ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by a4955 Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:14 pm

HOORAY FOR MIMI! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY!
a4955
a4955

RP Character Sheet
Name: a4955
Personality Trait: Cowardly
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Hello all,

I am both sad and happy to announce that our dear friend Shad has chosen to retire from his Moderator duties and server-life in general to focus on his educational-needs during his final year in college.  It's thanks to his valuable contributions over the year that things are well-managed, stable and quiet, so I'm glad he has the comfort of leaving knowing that his work will be well looked after.  Although he may not return to the server for a long while, I will maintain him with an honorary (and non-committal) rank of Deputy in appreciation for his invaluable service to us -- he is always welcomed on our server anytime he wishes!

Thank you so much Shad!!!  Happy Cia
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Sorry for anothe vacation announcement, but I'll be gone the rest of the week visiting some family for Thanksgiving. I'll do my best to take a peek on the console, but I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Happy Thanksgiving! ^w^
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:48 pm

Hello all!

I am ecstatic to announce that Jammy has been promoted to the rank of server Commissioner, after a long and successful run as a deligent and vocal deputy.  Smile

Jammy was always a unique individual even before she came to our server... even when she was little more than a mere player head with a steampunk skin, she brimmed with a cool spunk that begged one to learn more. Sure enough, she arrived a quirky, talkative and energetic individual, a nice counterpoint to the shy and quiet demeanor of her small cohort of friends. And although she immediately had no technical or resource qualifications to be thought of as staff material, make no mistake... there was a hint of potential, much like a glimmer of hope to a seemingly-impossible cause.

Thus started an interesting evolutionary tale of a young player, unsure of herself and her place on this server, working to defy the odds to suddenly bring the very change she wanted to see in the world, and in herself. She would communicate with me several times, expressing a passing interest in the possibility of making Deputy, but being honest enough about her own limitations to decline the offer on several initial opportunities. But true to her spirited nature she could not settle with that defeat for long, and so she lifted heaven and earth to change that... to brand herself into someone I could trust with the safety and security of our server, to be open to all conflict scenarios no matter how difficult or unsettling they seemed, and to review all documentation and try to be as great an expert as her own technical and memory limitations could allow. She even overcame her earnest inability to build anything beyond an oak plank box house, and proved to herself that yes she was able to build more... much more, from towns, to roads, to bridges and so forth. 

It was this relentless and successful [yet polite and honest] can-do spirit that ultimately gained her the Deputy title she worked hard to earn, and since then she has been tirelessly doing her best to protect our server, entertain its players, get discussions going on the forum or on Steam, and generally pitching in wherever she can. If she feels unable to accomplish something, she will still try... and more importantly, if she feels she needs help, she will ask for help -- anything to get the job done, and done right. This is something that other fellow staff members often-times forget to do as well... ask questions, get help, learn to work as a team to compensate [or compilment] each other's strengths and weaknesses. Precisely because of her humble beginnings, I feel Jammy excels at turning insecurity and indecision into a rallying cry for strength and rapid action in the face of adversity, all the while remaining courteous and cheery [albeit fully capable of spunk and sass should it be called for]. And while she isn't always able to protect our server and our forums at all times, when she does she makes herself heard, loud and clear.

After nearly a year of memorable service, I feel Jammy has proven herself to be an individual who can be entrusted with the greater Commissioner powers, as well as our respect and admiration.

Jammy was voted in through a parliamentary-style staff election featuring a superb 88% voter turnout, with 14 votes in favor and two abstains.

I want to thank everyone who participated for giving Jammy a well-earned vote of confidence! Staff Announcements - Page 4 823776373

Staff Announcements - Page 4 SnowGolem
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Night_Lord123 Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Yay congratulations jammy ^^
Night_Lord123
Night_Lord123

RP Character Sheet
Name: Batman
Personality Trait: Aggressive
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonBui Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:56 pm

Congratz!
BrandonBui
BrandonBui

RP Character Sheet
Name: The chair
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raddaman8000 Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:37 am

Lol, just in time for the winter season, too! Razz
Raddaman8000
Raddaman8000

RP Character Sheet
Name: Alex
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by a4955 Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Con-gra-tula-tions jammy!
a4955
a4955

RP Character Sheet
Name: a4955
Personality Trait: Cowardly
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I am here to report that Skeletor1991 has formally resigned from his position as Commissioner and staff member of the Big Sister Gulliver Minecraft server due to real life obligations that need his full attention. I want to thank him for his months of service to us as one of our first Commissioners.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:36 am

Hello all,

it is my sad but honored duty to report that Keegwi has decided to retire as a staff member, as well as server life in general, as he no longer feels he has the capacity or will to contribute.

Although his time with us was short due to technical issues, what little time he did share with us was memorable and fun, and unforgettable -- befriended and beloved by all,putting cookies on the virtual map of server memes, and doing his best to protect the server from dangers, I believe it's safe to say that his services both here and on Gunia's were very much appreciated and will be sorely missed.

For this reason, and to commemorate his long-standing achievements, I want to grant Kee the status of Honorary [non-commital] Deputy; he can stand alongside Shad as staff members who have left us all a little more complete, and with a timeless legacy we can treasure for ages to come.

Thank you so very much Kee, and best wishes to you in this new year!
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ciabatta Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:06 am

Hello all!

It is my pleasure to announce that Mimi (Elmira_) has been promoted to the rank of server Commissioner, after a very successful run as a calm, collective and helpful Deputy.

Mimi is the embodiment of soft-power, although it wasn't always obvious at first. Small, quiet, unassuming and shy, and with an equally-humbling RL description, it was easy to assume at first that she would be a bit of a pushover. Surely her doe-eyed demeanor meant that she was someone completely allergic to the word "no", incapable of thinking for herself, easy to coerce, mute beyond a simple "hi" and "ok", and with loose-enough lips to sink our mightiest ships. True, she shortly after proved herself to be a wonderfully-dedicated builder, and a very helpful and sweet person, but she still lacked that bite needed to take on the very tough job of overseeing the forum and its many applicants, and certainly communication, one of the cornerstones of our success, seemed all but non-existent, impossible to extract out of her without the use of a crowbar. In short, it was a stretch to call her deputy material.

But she resolutely kept on the path; and much like the proverbial tortoise racing against the hare, she slowly and steadily matured over time, becoming a memorable and iconic player to our server despite the fact that she often did little more than work on her town. It's the kind of unwavering devotion and commitment to her own beliefs that steadily whispered, then spoke, then yelled her presence to us; in fact, her will was so strong that she refused several initial attempts to become a Deputy, appreciating instead the simpler pleasures that our server life had to offer. That too gradually changed over time, as she slowly and steadily considered our offer, and one day finally accepted with that simple and subdued glee she is known for.

And thus her growth continued, at first being a relatively quiet Deputy, unsure of herself and her responsibilities, and dragged around by me like a rag doll in the hopes of setting her up to do road construction. She was met with challenges she was not prepared for, projects she could not possibly accomplish, and questions she was not prepared to ask -- a true test to see if there was anything vibrant under that shell. And two things happened as a result... one, and most predictably, she would never shy from any challenge. She would always strive to do her best, and often times succeed above and beyond expectations, such as when writing her whitelist reviews. And two, and most unpredictably, when it seemed like she could not do something or she needed help... she would ask for it, or she would kindly accept the help. She would actually talk, communicate via Steam without being asked first, offer her services rather than simply waiting around to be told what to do, offer valuable insight and opinions when asked for them (having amassed some great knowledge about bridges).

And so she would quietly and happily work along side her fellow staff members and I, getting massive road projects finished in little or no time, or maintaining the Player Registry knowing that I would fully forget to update it. She would offer tours to novices when no one was around, or mingle with players and their side projects, a far cry from the quiet recluse she appeared at first. She also refused the commissioner role on numerous occasions, voluntarily considering herself unprepared for the extra responsibility -- a true sign of a very deep honesty that should be revered. And now that the time has come for her to feel truly self-confident about accepting this position, I look forward to seeing in how many more ways she can surprise me with her humble soft-power. It goes without saying that you don't have to be loud to be strong, and I feel that Mimi has proven herself to be an individual who can be entrusted with the greater Commissioner powers, as well as our respect and admiration.

Mimi was voted in through a parliamentary-style staff election featuring an admirable 85% voter turnout, with 12 votes in favor and two abstains.

I want to thank everyone who participated for giving Mimi a well-deserved vote of confidence! Staff Announcements - Page 4 823776373

Staff Announcements - Page 4 Anna_and_elsa_caramelldansen_by_heeyjayp17-d6nyd19
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Night_Lord123 Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:43 am