Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 5 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 5 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 5 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 5 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 5 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Old Unbanning Applications

+28
builderfish8
McSmithy
Haasman29
Minoriko
Turn999
Cordelia
FrutyLudy69
MoaOxii
Cykrion 2.0
StorySaysTruth
Jams
invisibledragon
Miisaka
kidbatJT
Chicago?
Flammole
BurgerWarrior
The_Glitch
Spookster
Mister_ee
Drakenguard
FluffyNyan
Dude1002746
SpeederTGS
BreakRoom
Ajjget
ShadowScale
Ciabatta
32 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Old Unbanning Applications - Page 5 Empty Re: Old Unbanning Applications

Post by HanChi Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:04 am

Hi everyone, I'm here to give my opinion over Builder and express how I feel about it

When I first looked at his unbanning application, I could already see that this wouldn't be good enough - it's excessively short and vague and seems to imply that all people with aspergers act as foolish as he has

Question 2 and 3 asks to give 90 words but Builder barely came to write a sentence [like for all of the questions], in my opinion people who really want to be unbanned would try harder than that. Also, when you see where he confesses that he lie's more than he like; I believe this could lead to more trouble if Builder returns. Furthermore, the fact that this unbanning template is much shorter than many people's templates in the past, even they managed to do a much better job than this.

So I'm going to say no, Builder should not return.

HanChi

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Lazy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by KaCii Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:26 am

Knowing Builder on the server, he was a generally nice guy. Just someone who was there to have a conversation with if you needed to. However, some jokes he told came off more as insults than jokes. Here is a quote from his unbanning application:

"Also Cia you seem to have taken things personally when you should never do that I made a few small jokes making fun of you I do that to everyone its just me."

It may be just the way you are, but you need to try and think about how it sounds before you say it.

Yes, I know that you have Asperger's, and that makes things more difficult, but as Cia stated, the majority of players with Asperger's have dealt just fine.

Now, looking at his application, it seemed that, rather than have spent the time he had writing a full, complete, application, he instead wrote a mere few words per question, leading me to believe that he left it until later, then wrote it quickly, submitting just before the due date. He clearly states that he would do something illegal, and that he lies, which are two qualities a player should not have here.
In question 3, instead of stating that he would, for example, help out building, instead says he'll just continue where he left off, which, as Cia stated, could very well mean continuing to insult and kill people.

A lot, and I mean a lot of random information is thrown in.
Meanwhile, the ending paragraph is simply a giant paragraph explaining why he shouldn't have been banned in the first place, pointing out faults in the server, stating that it's not his fault. No one made fun of your disability. This is essentially you looking for pity and apologies.

"Normally in society don't people with mental disabilities have different expectations then others? Why is it bad I used this as a reason of my actions not an excuse which seems to be the jumped on conclusion."

Using your disability as a shield is the same as me saying that, because I don't have a lot of money, I am allowed to steal. You still did something wrong.

As you say yourself: "If people don't want me and only want people that always do whats expected then I'll leave."

Instead of coming off as sincere and sorry for what he does, he insults, asks for apologies and for pity, and blames others for things he has done.

I can't say I would recommend Builder re-join the server.

-KC
KaCii
KaCii

RP Character Sheet
Name: Kacey
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:57 pm

Ultimately, I'd say it's clear from Builder's lack of effort in making his application (despite waiting until the last minute to submit it) and his attitude that he doesn't want to come back, and that he is definitely not sorry for what he's done. While I have no personal gripes with Builder, considering I wasn't involved in any of the events that ultimately led to his ban, I'm not going to outright ignore such an acidic attitude and the venomous remarks that he has dropped. As Cia pointed out, not all people with Asperger's act like that (as I can attest to, knowing people in real life with Asperger's), and this is less a result of that condition and more a look into your actual self.

An actual self that clearly doesn't belong here until he learns his lesson.

Overall, my answer is a definite no, due to the reasons stated above and also in part thanks to the realizations of the other staff that have posted so far. You had a chance, Builder, but you spat on it, crumpled it up, and tossed it away.
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by builderfish8 Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Just so everyone knows I am aware of the timeline and specifics but I am taking a 7 day of the week summer school class so I haven't had the time I barely had the time for that last night. Also one thing I would like to say is everyone has a different version of asperger no two casses are the same.
builderfish8
builderfish8

http://builderfish8.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spookster Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Alright time for me to say what I think about this, first to the fact that you "don't want to come back unless people want you back" questions me. Why do you want to come back? You say you don't want to so why go trough the trouble of a unbanning application? And as everyone else said this app feels like it lacks effort, even if you were busy you could have asked us for a possible later deadline, but instead you rushed it and we received a short vague application. There are a few other red flags located in the application to but already mentioned by other players so I'll wrap it up.

My decision is a no, to many red flags rushed app and you don't even want to come back.
Spookster
Spookster
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by builderfish8 Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:56 pm

I meant that...hmmm. Ok lets say to get unbanned you need a 60% vote for yes. I dont want to come back if theres only like 60% that said yes because that 40% is going to be mean and hateful towards me so im trying to protect myself. The class is taking alot of my time and its very important for me to get into college and such so im a bit on edge. This being on top of it does't help. Looking at the votes so far I seemed to have really hurt alot of people.
builderfish8
builderfish8

Back to top Go down

Post by Flammole Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Aye, from what others mentioned already, you haven't shown enough effort in your application. You may have had limited time due to your "summer-class" getting in the way, but I'm sure that even an hour a day would've resulted in a much better application. I'm assuming you knew you had this class before the unbanning process began, no? If so, mentioning it and saying that it could've impacted your ability to write the application before it was issued may have helped. I don't have much else to say, but I want to highlight this:

builderfish8 wrote:Now before I go I would like to say a few things. Normally in society don't people with mental disabilities have different expectations then others? Why is it bad I used this as a reason of my actions not an excuse which seems to be the jumped on conclusion.

I do believe you have used this as an excuse? https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t600-trolling-problem#10430

builderfish8 wrote:If you want an honest answer to why I sometimes do these things its because I have asperger syndrome. I don't use this for the entire reason but it does make it hard to control myself from time to time. This can lead to problems for me and has before in the past and I see is still causing trouble.

It may not be "the entire reason", but it is still an excuse.

builderfish8 wrote: Also this hole time nobody has seemed to have asked my side, meaning I was told some mean and harsh things that night but nobody seems to have cared that I was essentially made fun of for my disability but meh I guess thats normal.

In your post above, I see no mention of bullying taking place. Never was your disability brought up during your stay until after said conflict took place.

builderfish8 wrote:There are a few other things that I could say but im going to keep them to myself sense im trying to get unbanned here. BUT most important is I don't want to come back unless people REALLY want me to be here. I don't want a blaint answer explain what I did wrong that truly affected you. If people don't want me and only want people that always do whats expected then I'll leave.

This is what really tips me over the edge. Why would you mention that you had other things to say that could possibly have an impact on the outcome of your unbanning process, implying that they may have a negative consequence? I thought you were "trying to get unbanned here", but implying you still have hurtful thoughts in your head? Is that really such a smart thing to do? How do you think that makes us staff members feel? That you may consider doing your crimes ten times over?

Plus, your whole final paragraph seems to have more effort put into it than the rest of your application: there are merely 75% of the words counted in your answers than this last paragraph alone. I would learn how to prioritize the important stuff, rather than dumping all your fuel into one last-ditch effort at gaining sympathy.

No. I don't really want you here. Although your crimes were petty at best, your attempts at gaining forgiveness blow them out of the water. I honestly thought you were a semi-decent player. I certainly didn't expect you to cause any trouble when I first met you, but it seems I was wrong. I wish you luck in others' opinions, and I bid you a good day.

----------------------------------------

Oh, and your recent post? You've given me proof of the lack of care you have for your unban.

builderfish8 wrote:I meant that...hmmm. Ok lets say...

Did you stop and think "Huh, I wonder how professional I sound?" You can't start off anything with "Hmmmm." and expect to be taken seriously!

You haven't hurt me personally at all, but I can't say the same for everyone else.
Flammole
Flammole

RP Character Sheet
Name: Flamm
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lomgren Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Let me preface my comments by noting that while I was still a regular player, I had one major run-in with Builder. Up until then, I thought that he was a decent, if somewhat awkward regular player. The incident was the first time I knew of him doing the "I'm going to go kill every player on the server" thing. I was over in Ainacra doing some fishing and multitasking at the same time, reading webcomics and such, when I saw him start talking about trying to kill everyone on the server. Not thinking much of it, I continue reading webcomics and then all of a sudden I find myself being attacked and dead. Needless to say, I was not amused at that, and then he wanted me to "sign a book" saying that I condoned his act. Obviously I refused, and from that point on I started warning others on the server about it. I was going to leave it at that but during one of the times I was warning others, Flam was on, and all the details came out. After that point, I just did my best to stay away from him, especially when I became a deputy and commissioner. I limited my interactions with him as much as I could, as I didn't want to cause problems or be seen as "abusing my power" especially to him. But I was leery ever since the incident.

My apologies to everyone on relating that incident, but with the topic at hand, I felt it necessary.

Now, to the actual application and lack of merit thereof - everyone's already done a good job of dicussing it, so I will be brief. Builder obviously didn't care enough to spend enough time to write a proper unbanning application, and after reading everyone's comments so far, I am in agreement. If he had actually completed a proper application and showed remorse/signs of change, I would be willing to let him come back. But with such a poor application, and the attempts to use his condition as a shield despite it never coming up prior to the ban, I cannot recommend that he return.
Lomgren
Lomgren

RP Character Sheet
Name: Lomgren Smalls
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordelia Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:50 pm

I suppose it's only fair that I let my opinions be known on this as well.

As an interesting bit of trivia, I was the person who reviewed Builderfish's first attempt at his application. Looking back on it, it's actually very similar to what we're seeing here: below the minimum requirements and almost apathetic in tone. I'd suggest that, while not concrete, this at least hints that his personality has remained static from his beginnings here all the way to this appeal.

I don't have any personal grudge against Builderfish. For the most part, we barely spoke to each other. He occasionally popped up in Harendelle on the way to his home, but for the most part I'd describe him as unmemorable. With that said, I've heard more than an acceptable amount about his behavior from other staff members. His hostility towards players, both staff and otherwise, make me hesitant to even say anything positive about his time here. Still, I'll play devil's advocate at least in part.

For the most part, Builderfish does not seem to have engaged in that much unsavory behavior aside from his attitude. No reports of theft have been pressed against him, nor of stalking. His home, located outside the ark's borders, doesn't encroach on anyone's land and he seems to have spent at least some time on various projects on the server.

However, this does not excuse his volatile, explosive behavior towards others. His frequent insults and outbursts are pretty obviously caused by an emotional instability of some sort, though I won't speculate any further on that. If it is Asperger's or any other sort of disorder, it is important that everyone understands that we do not hold your disorder against you. However, you are still responsible for your behavior at the end of the day, whether you have such issues or not. If we were to allow him to deflect his actions onto his disorder, then all we are doing is fostering the belief that such individuals are incapable of behaving themselves and require special treatment. We have good players with Asperger's and we've had worse ones than him without it.

Overall, combined with the blatant lack of effort put into this application, I can only say that I can't allow you back onto the server in good conscience without a serious change in behavior on your part, one that can not come about overnight. I'll have to side against Builderfish for this—I don't believe he should be allowed access to the server at this time. Potentially in the future if he demonstrates a serendipitous change in himself, but not until then.
Cordelia
Cordelia

RP Character Sheet
Name: Cordelia
Personality Trait: Devious
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by builderfish8 Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:16 am

Thank you Cord I can understand your point of view due to the fact it isn't pointing out my wrong grammar and sentences. I do appreciate everyone's comeback on the matter and maybe in some time I will come back. Also lomgren I never held you against what you did, you didn't have to keep your distance but I can see why you did.
builderfish8
builderfish8

Back to top Go down

Post by builderfish8 Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:05 pm

So I'm pretty sure im going to be banned but I have a last request. I would like to use the things i've built in other servers so is it possible for someone to take screenshots of my house/town?
builderfish8
builderfish8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:41 pm

The feedback period is over and I want to thank everyone who has so generously contributed their own time and effort to comment on my assessment and Builder's unbanning application.  Since the response has been overwhelmingly against his return, both for technical and moral reasons, I think I can go ahead and finish this now....

Final Ruling

This is the first time in the history of our unbanning thread that a person has not filled out an unbanning application seriously, and has also demonstrated clear and visible loathing and contempt for the process. So it's no surprise then that everyone's feedback has been so universally negative about his return -- even for those who have never knew him or were not affected by his prior indiscretions, his unacceptable behavior here has completely eroded any sympathy he could have garnered.  And since we have no basis to blame his own alleged condition, the fault lies squarely in his own behavior, so he has no one but himself to blame for this outcome.  

On top of that, he also tried to influence and interfere with the feedback process multiple times even though he was specifically instructed not to, so this is an additional offense he has committed.  For this reason, both his request to find the other Gulliver servers that exist, as well as the requests to take screenshots of his house and town, are officially denied.  Private players can still offer their assistance if they prefer, although we won't be held responsible for any emotional harm caused by their interaction with Builder.  

So based on the judgement and interpretation of my peers and I, from both the negative assessment and the feedback received, as well as the technical faults of his poor application, irrelevant information and attempts to interfere with the feedback process, it is the judgement of this owner to deny BuilderFish8's unbanning application and upgrade his temporary ban into a permanent ban with no regret.  I will also add that I don't feel it prudent to offer him an additional chance for parole, given how he desecrated this opportunity to do so -- we will simply not allow yourselves to have our time wasted again by a persona non grata.  Finally, I don't feel that he will learn from this experience, so I will withhold offering any final word of advice.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

This unbanning session is hereby adjourned.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by imsad Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:57 am

hello! my ign is jazzyjames01 and i have been banned from this server for about 4 months but let me start from the beginning *turns on ghost lamp* it was a dark night and i was playing the sister server and i spammed if anyone wanted to role play and i was banned for 2 weeks because of spamming after a month of not being unbanned i thought i was forgotten but i didnt really mind because i had other things to do and it wasn't as bad as i thought, but after 4 months i find myself wanting to play again and let me state here im sorry for all trouble i caused in the past but i want to get back on the server because i have been playing in this community since the first server was like half a year old, i have a strong passion for cheese

Last edited by imsad on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i like cheese to much to not put it in my post)

imsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Well you dont sound sorry at all, maybe sorry-sounding perhaps.

Anyway, stick around... As I'm getting a bit short of time, I may end up creating a generic unbanning application, and then simply have people wishing to return from a ban fill it out in detail.  As its generic, it may end up being a lot harder than custom applications, but that's better for our own security.

This way too, I can defer these reviews to other interested staff members... For a sizable bonus, of course ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by imsad Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:34 pm

thank you for responding i would also like to thank you for giving me a chance and I'm sorry i didn't seem as sincere as i meant to be

imsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:04 am

I am now in the process of creating the new Unbanning Application with my staff.  This process may take a week or so, especially since we're currently in the process of drafting the new parallel server as well, so I suggest coming back here later after all this work has been completed.  

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:59 am

I haven't forgotten about this... I have the final drafts done of the new unbanning application, plus some documentation for my staff on how to review these.  I would expect to deploy this soon, so I can focus 100% on the new Parallel Server work.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by imsad Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:47 am

no problem here I have been busy all week anyway so I probably wouldn't have been able to respond as fast I am well aware on how long Unbanning processes can take and I'm willing to go through it to play on the server again.

imsad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:23 pm

Hello all.  I'm going to go ahead and retire this thread as this old Unbanning Application format is now obsolete, and will be replaced with a new universal Unbanning Application that won't necessarily be handled by me.  

Thank you all for making this thread a great way to continue to protect the server, as well as reincorporate players who've genuinely deserved a second chance!
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content