Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Old Unbanning Applications

+28
builderfish8
McSmithy
Haasman29
Minoriko
Turn999
Cordelia
FrutyLudy69
MoaOxii
Cykrion 2.0
StorySaysTruth
Jams
invisibledragon
Miisaka
kidbatJT
Chicago?
Flammole
BurgerWarrior
The_Glitch
Spookster
Mister_ee
Drakenguard
FluffyNyan
Dude1002746
SpeederTGS
BreakRoom
Ajjget
ShadowScale
Ciabatta
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 Empty Re: Old Unbanning Applications

Post by ShadowScale Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:26 pm

Wow! the length of this is sweet ^_^ clearly put effort into it, I also read through it and it seems to be written well too, and in great detail ^_^ especially section 5, takes a lot of guts to admit things that are bad about yourself, let alone so many of them.

Well, based on this app, id be happy to give him a chance =]
ShadowScale
ShadowScale

RP Character Sheet
Name: Blizz Braidy
Personality Trait: Optimistic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:34 am

Phew!  Finally have a chance to sit down and do stuff here on the forum.  Wink

In any event, as I had mentioned earlier, the unblacklisting application is well-written -- and although you had the option to take longer (so as to avoid interfering with other real-life work), at least it visibly does not look as rushed in much the same way as you claim.  You sound like you could be a good writer, so keep that in the back of your mind as you grow older.

There are some things I'd like to address specifically as part of my feedback:

1 > If you'd like a less-violent origin, you might consider Moab, Utah, home of some very beautiful rock formations... http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/8b/5f/57/official-moab-tourism.jpg
I would also imagine it's quite deadly there if you're not careful or don't bring enough water.  Wink

2 > By "dracs" I assume you mean Dravics' server.

3 > We're not actually looking for people to be glued on their computer screens either.  Basically, the one thing you can do to redeem yourself and gain trust on our server is to behave yourself.  That's the bare minimum you can do, and if that gets coupled with good socializing or helpful actions, that would be extra icing on the cake.  

4 > If only many of our normal applicants could provide lists like these.  Very entertaining read,... though dat junkfood.  XD

5 > Very good, as Shad would say, thanks to admitting to many of these. From personal experience, a lot of what you see as problems are essentially "boys will be boys" traits,... especially with the copying aspect, since your brain is still in transition.  Most kids, for example, have trouble conceiving of some artistic notions such as shading and depth perception until much later in life, and it's not through any fault of their own... simply their brains missing some essential components to process that information easily.  It stands to reason that as you grow older, a lot of these negative traits will potentially either mellow out or be better controlled. 

In any event, observe what was mentioned earlier about arguing, and for the love of all that is holy don't try arguing with a server owner (it's a lost cause).  ;D

6 > No, that sounds about right.  Granted, even on Gunia's griefing was a bannable offense, so this is pretty self-evident -- but not all servers are interested in keeping things peaceful and pleasant, mainly because so few of them take the trouble to preserve other people's creations.  Wink

7 > Very good, and in a way you're manifesting some traits of someone who actually has a real job.  For instance, it's easy to take the concept of money or brain drain for granted, until you're actually in the workforce struggling to balance time and expenses.  The same is true even with hobbies, such as building Minecraft buildings or creating 3d signature art -- you can't appreciate it until you put yourself in the other person's shoes.  And even 1.5 years is enough to learn that, so I'm satisfied.

8 > Very good!  You knew I wanted you to read my Owner's Creed for a reason, and this is Proof A that you did.  ^^

9 > And this is Proof B that you more or less understood my Creed.  Remember I'm not just the server owner, I'm also a player, and I also used to hold my doubts that I was essentially wasting my life away maintaining this server, especially considering it was never even my intention to run it.  But given all the really important things I have learned and discovered as a result of assuming the persona of "Ciabatta", I know feel it was my fate to be here, and encourage an atmosphere of responsible play, learning and creativity that insures that you're time here will be well-spent.

This is why I scoff at the idea of growing the server larger and recklessly -- our goal is not to be the biggest server ever, our goal is to be personally useful to us -- and being useful can mean that the server is often empty on a Friday night, but that's a good thing.  Smile

The irony is that I hate schools... though maybe because I never really felt like I "learned" much from them, and wondered to myself if I could do a better job.  Wink

10/11 > good. ^^

12 > And good.  And now you know why we want you to put as much effort as possible into this -- because as you can see, we are prepared to do the same in return.  The unbanning/unblacklisting application is a reciprocal process, and if some people fail to get even past the statement of intent, it's because they really truly can't be bothered to be here and deal with us.  Those who make it and thrive on our server can feel as exceptional as a phoenix bird rising from the ashes, and they're a lot stronger for it.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dude1002746 Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:26 am

Hey, I'm a bit late but hopefully not too late.
For starters, greifing is one of those things that people do when they first get minecraft because to them it looks like an oppertunity to get some good things. still not excusable but forgiveable. After a while I do believe that as people learn more about minecraft, they look down upon the thought of it and stop. ontop of that you clearly listed that you were new to minecraft when you did greif and you lived up to it so I can respect that. Although I do believe that you should be watched for a certain amount of time just to make sure. People do grow faster than others think, so I do understand about feeling like it's been 2 years although maybe say it's felt like two years instead. I don't remember you but i do believe that we could quite likely get to know each other. bounce
Dude1002746
Dude1002746

RP Character Sheet
Name: Gabe
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Im tied up around the cutoff period, so I will be extending the feedback window until I return. Now accepting any last-minute feedback.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Final Ruling

The feedback period is now over, and I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to share their thoughts on Drew's Unblacklisting Application.

As we saw recently with another new applicant, griefing is always an ongoing concern, one that we should never rest easy with.  Despite our regular backups and our extensive security apparatus, griefing, stealing and all manner of negative occurrences are damaging to player morale, and may encourage some of our brightest builders or friendliest players to seek refuge elsewhere.   

But even with due vigilence, we also have to bear in mind that we can't always live in fear of what can happen or might happen -- and in large part this is why we encourage players to develop a tough skin when playing on this server.  Anyone who would ransom superb building skills for 100% safe gameplay and solving all of his/her problems is as much a liability to us as any joker.  After all, those who give up freedom for security deserve neither.

That being said, the unblacklisting application was convoluted primarily to showcase Drew's honest intent to rejoin this server, as well as have our "community" play a part in sharing responsibility for his reintroduction. Fear of griefing potential is inconsequential when working as a team, because we will punish collectively and invite with open arms collectively -- and that is one of our most defining traits as a close knit Minecraft "community".  It is our hope that in time Drew will integrate into our server "community" nicely, much like with Gabe and Misteree, and will be able to look at his checkered past as just that... things in the past done when one is young and reckless. 

Given the excellent quality of his unblacklisting application and the generally-positive (if understandably-sparse) feedback received to date, I have no doubt that Drew is ready to have his whitelist status restored on our server.  Since this was not an unbanning, this will be done with no condition to behavior, and Drew will be free to interact with players and staff reasonably; however, since the previous whitelist was null and void, Drew will restart as a Novice rank for a period of at most 30 days (less with good behavior).  

Feel free to re-acquaint yourself with the server map before returning since a good deal has changed since you left.

Congratulations, and welcome back.
This unblacklisting session is hereby adjourned.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by StorySaysTruth Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Now that the decision is made I will now make my thanks and apologies.
Thanks to all who replied on my unblacking listing during the Assessment Phase.
Wither positive or negative, all feedback was helpful.
Thank you to everyone for giving me a chance to prove myself and show that I am no threat to the community.

Also, when you said you don't want people to be glued to their screens all the time. I may have to sub side that, that is out of my control Wink

I am also familiar with the map because I was watching it while waiting for the final ruling Smile

Thanks - Story / Drew
StorySaysTruth
StorySaysTruth

RP Character Sheet
Name: Drew
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

http://storysaysgames.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dude1002746 Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:18 pm

XMOAB2DEATHX wrote:Now that the decision is made I will now make my thanks and apologies.
Thanks to all who replied on my unblacking listing during the Assessment Phase.
Wither positive or negative, all feedback was helpful.
Thank you to everyone for giving me a chance to prove myself and show that I am no threat to the community.

Also, when you said you don't want people to be glued to their screens all the time. I may have to sub side that, that is out of my control Wink

I am also familiar with the map because I was watching it while waiting for the final ruling Smile

Thanks - Story / Drew
 Don't worry I'm glued to my screen most of the time aswell XD
Dude1002746
Dude1002746

RP Character Sheet
Name: Gabe
Personality Trait: Shy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cykrion 2.0 Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:36 am

Hi everyone. as much as I didn’t want to do this, I have to. My friends on this server have been asking me to make this, and I just have to give it a shot now.

To start off, the grief. I did a considerable amount of damage to the server, and I griefed Miisaka’s house. It was a work of art that I contributed to a bit myself, but I  went ahead and destroyed parts of it. My crime included profanity, theft, murdering pets, framing others, and leaving a rather bad marking on the property. This I am truly sorry for this, as I did this out of jealousy. I’ve learned from my mistakes, and I will show that if that tiny itty bitty chance to get back onto this server comes true, and I will restrict my access to higher ranks.

The second crime was the alias account. This was me being arrogant, thinking I was able to just circumvent around the ban by making a separate account to keep on the forum. This crime included lying and willfully going around the ban. I admit to being a stupid child at that time, and I’ve learned alot over these past months. I don’t know WHY I thought I could get away with that during that time.

The third crime wasn’t done particularly by me, but rather by my brother, who did this by his own will. It included swearing, insulting the server, and irritating a staff member (Chicago). I sincerely apologize for this, but I know I can’t say something like that over a crime that somebody that was not me, but related to me did.

Once again, I didn’t really want to do this, but my good friends have requested this and made me change my mind.

Thank you for your time.
~Cykrion

Cykrion 2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:25 am

ThewilliamV wrote:Hi everyone. as much as I didn’t want to do this, I have to. My friends on this server have been asking me to make this, and I just have to give it a shot now.
Pretty much stopped reading there metaphorically-speaking....

What your friends want (and by "friends", I will translate that as meaning "just Super") is irrelevant... if YOU personally don't want to come back, then do us all a favor and stay out.  I rather you be honestly-wrong than begrudgingly-right,  because that way you're at least a person of conviction rather than just more of a liar than you usually are.

On top of that, you're permanently banned (even by your own request), so you're not eligible for reconsideration until at least 12/30/2014, so this is a moot point regardless.   You probably should have asked first before gritting your teeth and forcing yourself to apologize to people who you positively hate and despise.

I could roast you some more, but I'm trying to enjoy my weekend, so I'll leave the rest for 2015.  Or never.  It's your choice and yours alone to make.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by MoaOxii Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Cia, do you think that is kind of a bit... harsh? Everyone that knew him (excluding cia.) wants him back, he was the coolest person I've ever met. Also, Radda, Haas, MisterTtocS, and bravewolf are his friends too. You should ATLEAST give him another chance.

MoaOxii

RP Character Sheet
Name: Shulk
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:52 pm

Even if that were true, none of you folks have to clean up after him whenever he does something bad -- I do.  When you propose hardships on me so you can all have fun for a while, I find that just a little bit selfish.

Especially you, who only a few weeks ago I offered you a fair and simple chance to end your tempban early in a way that would have helped the both of us.  Rather than accept the offer and make me happy, you spat in my hand and preferred to endure the whole week.  So the way I see it, you ran out of sympathy points from me.

12/30/2014, that's the only chance I'm giving you both.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cykrion 2.0 Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:15 am

Hello again.

After (about) 3 months of thinking, I've made my final choice. I have decided to rejoin this server, and not just join because my friends want me to.

I understand the crimes I did wrong. If I do end up doing these crimes (or any other form of ruining the fun) again, I know that I should be banned. Another thing that I know about is that I will not be eligible to staff ranks such as Deputy/Commissioner. Now, without anything else to say, I'll start on the basic rundown and what I'll try doing to repay you guys.

I have committed 3 crimes. These were the grief,  my stupid act of revenge (alias account to circumvent the ban), and a rant from my little brother (I'm counting this as one of my crimes since I introduced this server  to him in the first place.

To start off, the grief. I was with somebody (not going to mention his name to embarrass him), and we had griefed the house of Miisaka. We committed crimes ranging from public indecency and murdering a custom pet. I fully regret this, and won't go near her house (Or any structures build by her) again. That is, if I do get unbanned.

The alias account was just plain stupid (and pointless) to make. I don't know why I thought I could get away with it, as it was quite obvious it was me after posting some things on the forum. This had extended my ban period from 45 days to 60 days. Along with that, I was given my final warning.

The rant message made by my own little brother was entirely done on his own will. While it still enrages me that this had made my ban permanent, I decided that, well, I couldn't blame him. As stated above, I was the person who decided to introduce him in the first place. His letter included cursing/swearing, insulting staff members and their creations, and just a plain rude and angry feel that was directed to the whole server.

Once again, I understand that I won't be given another chance, since I pulled all 3 of these crimes.

Thank you for reading, and I hope I get back into this server Wink

Cykrion 2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:11 am

Hello Cykrion,

Thanks for waiting for the allotted time frame and expressing a strong interest in returning, while also clearly writing out your admissions.  

Although the schedule will be tight this week due to semi-expected holiday traffic, we will definitely get the unbanning review process started.  Some time this week you will get your own customized unbanning application, which you'll have ample time to answer slowly and carefully; it will then be opened up to feedback from the public, followed by the final determination.

Note also that I know who the "somebody" is, and although your consideration is appreciated and noted, we will have to publicly make note of his name during the application process.  It may be embarrassing, but given he assisted with griefing AND withholding evidence, it's a small price to pay for being largely off-the-hook.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:32 am

The unbanning application has been written up, but I am getting it reviewed by an expert panel prior to it being posted.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Before we begin, all interested parties can refer back to this post regarding the circumstances behind Cykrion's original banning:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t246-cykrion-ban-notification

The issue at hand was not so much griefing, but rather the disturbing, mean-spirited, disgusting, disdainful and immature way in which the grief was conducted against a kind and harmless new player to our server, as well as attempting to frame two veteran players.  And lest we forget how he lied to me when approached during the investigation, arrogantly suggested his own punishment duration, unapologetically scorned and disparaged his banning, and all but destroyed any sense of trust I had in him after I had held him to such high esteem.  Considering that Cykrion was being considered for a Deputy position prior to this incident, his monstrous about-face was responsible for the severe tightening of the Deputy selection criteria that makes it exponentially-more difficult these days to attain a staff rank.

More recently, within the last two months, we were told that Super was a willing accomplice to this crime, and in fact evidence at the time did point to Super as a suspect.  However, the fact that Super cooperated with the investigation and agreed to clean up the scene allowed him some degree of mercy, and also helped to worsen the degree of Cykrion's lying as he failed to mention this fact to us when it was most relevant.  Besides, the fact that Super's alleged "friend" and rabblerouser was banned for 6 months, and the fact that his misbehavior guaranteed that he will never ever achieve any staff rank or special favor on this server despite his seniority, is sufficient punishment for his own small contribution to this crime.  

All background issues aside, I feel that Cykrion's crime -- and more importantly his callous and unhelpful attitude after the crime -- should be thought of as severe, and should be used to influence the nature of this unbanning application, as well as the approach in which I will be conducting the Assessment later on [should it be necessary].  Why Cykrion wishes to return after committing such a severe crime and being adamant about never returning to this server will be the main focus of this parole.

Cykrion, if you wish to have an opportunity to return to this server, please read the below customized unbanning application carefully and follow all instructions indicated.  Please don't rush this application -- fill it out completely and carefully, and avoid spelling and grammar mistakes wherever possible, as this will be used to gauge the extent of your sincerity and determination.  A poor rushed application that is barely legible indicates that you have zero interest in returning other than for petty revenge, whereas a carefully-crafted application would speak volumes as to the seriousness of your intent to redeem your name.

You have until end-of-day Saturday, January 10th at 11:59:59PM CST to submit this application; if you need more time, please post this request here on this thread and we will consider it.

==========================================

QUESTION #1:  Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here, and explain why you chose this particular IGN.
We are interested in seeing the thought process that went into selecting this name back when you did.

QUESTION #2:  What is the reason, beyond just "friends", for wishing to rejoin our server?
In your first unbanning attempt, you stated you wanted to return at the behest of your "friend" Super; however, once news of Super's admission of guilt was made public, I was under the impression that there was a falling-out between you, the outcome of which I was never made aware of.  Moreover, no other player besides Super has made a case or please for your return, despite the many opportunities to do so. So as far as I'm concerned, you have no friend(s) here left to return to.

Moreover, in your statement of intent you clearly state that you wish to rejoin the server and "not" because your "friends" want you to.  Setting aside that the wishes of friends are irrelevant since we won't cater to individual players (let alone bad players like Super) at the cost of the health and well-being of the rest of the server and its players, the rest of your statement fails to explain what this other reason for rejoining actually is.  Now is your opportunity to clearly and honestly explain why we should essentially take the risk of trusting you once more.

Please type your reply in no less than 90 words.

QUESTION #3:  Please elaborate on how you intend to reestablish trust in you.
You listed only the act of avoiding Miisaka's house as an act of penance, and while your statement of intent didn't have to be overly detailed, it is telling that you went through great detail to describe your brother's involvement (which we will actually ignore for the time being since, as you say, it can be taken as your own doing), and yet you left out many more details of the crime (including the lying and the attempt to frame Turn and Trickster) and unlike your previous write-up you never once issued an actual apology in this one.  

Given that there is a clear and present issue with sincerety, and the fact you probably put more effort and emotion into your previous rants rather than the last few write-ups, I feel you have a lot of work to do to prove your sincerity that you will not repeat something like this again.  After all, a mere 6 months simply aren't enough to mature a person.

QUESTION #4: Please elaborate in detail what went on in your head when you chose to commit this crime.
I know Super attempted to make a big deal about his involvement during the griefing incident; but while he is overall a bad player due to being rude, crass and intentionally-annoying, despite all these faults he never once griefed either prior to the incident or immediately after your removal.  This is why we are establishing you as the primary culprit, as your callousness, dishonesty, swearing and unapologetic stance made it more likely to think of you as an enabler of destructive outbursts rather than an equal partner in crime.

Moreover, both during and after the incident you and super kept using terms like "jealousy" and "revenge", but even to this day this has never been made clear to me.  Jealous of what?  Revenge against whom?  Of Miisaka, the other players and I for trying to take care of you and share our fun environment with you?  I'm fully aware that you're a young person, and can quite easily confuse selfish desires for true jealous rage, so here's your opportunity to express what pent-up emotions made you do this.  

QUESTION #5: Please elaborate in detail what you were expecting to happen after you commited the crime.
In the same vein as #4, what did you expect would happen after you committed the crime, lied to me, and then proceeded to act in the callous and unapologetic way that you did?  Were you perhaps hoping this would scare Miisaka, a dedicated and hard-working player, away so you could monopolize some kind of perceived attention?  Did you think we would be an easy target, as if we did not have the means or intelligence to have a proper security apparatus, or players willing enough to write such detailed reports for all to see?  Did you seriously think I would be impressed when you said "see you in three weeks" before I even passed judgement, as if your flaunting of the rules and disrespecting of me would somehow make you "cool" in my eyes, as opposed to just some pretentious brat with nerve?

Cool would have been coming clean right away when Miisaka and I were visibly upset, fully admitting to your (and Super's) actions, taking full responsibility for them, and of course apologizing sincerely to Miisaka, Turn and Trickster.  Cool would have probably netted you a small talking down and possibly a one-week temp-ban, but you would still be here and you would still have my respect, as well as that of most everyone else on the server.  Cool would have earned you a nice birthday wish, some Christmas presents and an otherwise warm and loving atmosphere from a small server community that tries to look after one another.

Instead you chose to be a brat, and we need to know if you felt we deserved nothing better.

QUESTION #6: What was the point of communicating to me that Super was an accomplice to this crime?
Since this occurred shortly after your first unbanning attempt (thus several months later after the crime itself), it always struck me as a means to somehow shorten the waiting period for the parole hearing.  How?  I have no clue, and this is where you need to enlighten us on the thought process behind this.  The only thing this could have accomplished, besides nothing, is to risk having Super banned, and to make it harder for you to return since this would have been clear demonstration that you were not above tossing your "friends" under the bus if it best suited your selfish interests.  Even to this date it is a very clear indication that you have learned close to nothing about this whole incident, and we'll most likely bring you back with all the same faults and vices as before; and it's your job to try and assure otherwise.  

QUESTION #7: Why were you forcefully trying to breach my privacy prior to the incident? 
Prior to the incident (and unknown to most people here), you had a very bad habit of reaching me through my contact email, and rather than sending me thoughtful emails, you instead opted to send me chat messages via Google Hangouts, despite the fact that I've made it clear several times before that I do not chat or video chat with anyone on the server, except on a limited basis (emergency purposes only) via Steam.  You would send me chat messages at inoportune times, and I would close them not wanting to be bothered by someone trying to breach etiquette.  You would do so again whenever Google Hangouts decided to reactive itself against my wishes, and in the worst moments you inserted me into a chat room with super and countless other unfamiliar people I didn't know about or care for and what could possibly be the most disrespectful privacy breach imaginable.  My response was purely justified... kicking both of you out my lists, and researching the correct way to lock down Google Hangouts for good.

This is not simply a way to vent my own grievances, but given the proximity of this insanity of yours to the date of the incident, I always suspected that the so-called jealousy was indirectly tied to some feeling of being unwanted due to my unwillingness to accept your flagrant privacy violations.  And rather than ask me about it on the server, you opted to instead pick on someone else, perhaps someone harmless or less able to fight back, and who in your eyes was stealing valuable attention away from you.  To me this looks like common bullying, and had you been on top of our server literature you would know how much I despise bullies.

QUESTION #8: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft, or your involvement in our server.
If you intend to return, you will have to start from scratch.  You will need to restate random facts, plus ten more for safe measure -- keep in mind the application process was also partially tightened because of you, so this is merely feeding you your own medicine.  

Please format them according to modern application standards, meaning your answers MUST be in the form of bullet points and as full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per fact.

QUESTION #9: Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.
Since you betrayed our image of you as a quiet, noble and mature young player, we'd like to know what other things we have to look out for when dealing with you.

The answers should be in bullet form format and in full complete sentences of no less than 15 words per defect.

QUESTION #10: Please reread the Novice and Veteran's Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you failed to uphold during your crime. 
The point here is to have you understand the infractions committed, and why that might seem like a problem for us since we put the onus of carrying out these responsibilities on the players themselves, not the staff to enforce them.  Also note that you will review both creeds because you were a Veteran at the time of the crime... when you rejoin, you will be demoted to a Novice rank and kept as such for an extended period of time.

Please type your reply in no less than 60 words.

QUESTION #11:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.
Now we get to the acknowledgements portion of the unbanning application.  

Please submit a full sentence of no less than 15 words stating that you acknowledge the above statement.

QUESTION #12:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Assessment phase. 
Collecting feedback from players and staff is critical to the unbanning process, as it makes the act of unbanning a "communal" effort rather than simply a wild whim of the owner.  In this way, we all share the pride (or the risk) of unbanning you, and also broadcast the need to keep you monitored as often as possible.  During this process, you will be allowed to answer questions if you are asked any, but as a matter of principle neither you nor your "friends" must interfere, influence or disrupt the process in any way. 

Please submit a full sentence of no less than 15 words stating that you acknowledge the above statement.

QUESTION #13:  Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and will do your utmost to not let our efforts go in vain by pledging to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.
A personal assurance that you will do your best to become a well-behaved member of our server will go a long way towards demonstrating your resolve, on top of all the effort you've done in filling out this unbanning application. After all, talk is cheap, but actions are not.  

==========================================

Thank you and good luck.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cykrion 2.0 Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Ok, I've been working on this the past few days. Hopefully it's enough. Apologies to everyone who I had offended in these crimes.
=======================================
QUESTION #1:  Please state your full Minecraft username or "IGN" here, and explain why you chose this particular IGN.

I wasn’t actually the one to make this name. In all honesty, my older brother made it as my username on another game that I used to play. I’ve used this name for about 4 years.

QUESTION #2:  What is the reason, beyond just "friends", for wishing to rejoin our server?

Some other reasons other than my friends wanting me to join are:
To enjoy this server again:
Though you most likely think that all my respect for this server was lost, I won’t deny that I did have a great time here. The reason for the whole griefing incident was because I was jealous (Which I now find, is completely stupid), and I was just angry and frustrated at the time of that grief. Those 2 don’t mix well together.
To make myself more than a brat (To you guys at least):
I know that most people on the server see me as a brat, and that a lot of people have lost all respect for me. I just want to make myself more than this in your eyes. Yes, I know it might be hard, maybe even impossible, but I’m going to try the best I can to prove myself better than what you think of me. You might see this reason as pointless, but this means a lot to me.

I know of some ways to pay everyone back. One of these is to destroy all my items (which is probably going to happen either way). It’s not much, but it’s at least something. Another way is to restrict my access to public works. This will guarantee that I won’t have any chance to even get near the structures. I’ll only be allowed to do so if I get special permission by the builder who is making it, or somebody else who is in charge of the build. And of course, as you know, I’ll also stay away from Miisaka’s house and other big builds as well.

QUESTION #4:  Please elaborate in detail what went on in your head when you chose to commit this crime.

I don’t recall my exact thoughts (as it was half a year ago when this happened). However, I do remember being angry/jealous, as you mentioned before. I also think that I was talking with my younger brother, who had disliked Miisaka for some odd reason. Was it because of her drawings or something? Or (In his eyes) the “massive” amounts of respect that she had got? I don’t really know how to explain the way we get along, but we usually trust each other. We usually get rough if there’s an issue but I’m sure that we were just talking at the time of the grief. I was also in a voice chat with you-know-who, and we were also talking with him. I’m pretty sure that my brother had convinced me to believe the same things that he did. And no, I’m not blaming my brother at all. I understand he’s young, and he tends to be a little over-reactive at times. Well, I blame myself yet again, as I did introduce him to the community (mentioned earlier), and I had believed what he said.

QUESTION #5: Please elaborate in detail what you were expecting to happen after you committed the crime.

After the crime, I was for some reason expecting to get away with it. Yes, I know I’m stupid for thinking that. And yes, I don’t know why I expected that to happen, but that thought somehow crossed my mind, and things, as you know, backfired on me. I’ll admit, I have quite an impulsive mind in real life, and I do tend to underestimate A LOT of things (Like your security). After the crime, for some reason I felt no guilt at all, and had no regret. Once again, I don’t know why I felt this way. Looking back, I do see myself as you see me right now. A rude, selfish brat.

QUESTION #6: What was the point of communicating to me that Super was an accomplice to this crime?

My point in telling you this was because I was mainly Jealous. The reason? Well,  I know that you’ll think this is stupid, but I felt quite mad when I realized super had gotten off the hook. Yes, I realize that it’s bad to be jealous of somebody else’s fortunate things in life, and I feel that I shouldn’t have told you in the first place. I do have a tendency to get angry pretty quickly. I also seem to turn this anger into actions, and those actions led to both the griefing and this. To end this, I’ll want to sincerely apologize to Super, since I risked getting him banned over something so stupid. Things like a computer game shouldn’t make me do things like get jealous or be tempted to do something to others that’ll hurt them. Either on the inside or the outside, I understand that it’s not good to hurt anyone now.

QUESTION #7: Why were you forcefully trying to breach my privacy prior to the incident?

This, I’m really sorry about. It was simply a small mistake I made. You happened to be on my friends list at the time, and I clicked the “invite all friends” button by accident, instead of simply trying to check off the people that I wanted in the chat room. No, I didn’t feel “unwanted” because of the fact that you left the room. In fact, I actually had a feeling that I had messed up, inviting you. I know that this server isn’t the only thing in your life, and you have work to do. I’m sorry if it had gone off in something important like a meeting, or if it just flat out annoyed you due to the constant sounds that it made. I promise that it won’t happen again.

QUESTION #8: Please list ten random interesting facts about yourself unrelated to Minecraft, or your involvement in our server.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to use the facts from my original application 8 months ago, but I’ll use them anyway, along with 5 other facts.

• I play on 2 basketball teams. One for the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) and another for the House of Sports.
  • I like to do things like build computers. I’m actually going to build one soon as a matter of fact.
  • I have an IQ of 123, but I know that this doesn’t mean I’m intelligent Razz
  • I like playing the violin. This is because I for some reason like classical music. Probably because my parents like it.
  • In real life, I like to do things like hang out with my friends at the park.
  • I learned to draw from doing things like tracing, and then getting used to the pattern
  • I have an externship in a workshop, where I like to build things and put together real life structures.
  • My name was going to be “Rebecca” if I were to be a girl. I don’t know why, but my parents just decided on that.
  • My favorite number is 37. This is because it’s the month and day of my birthday in order. (March 7)
  • I can sing the alphabet backwards, and even use the original tune of the song.

QUESTION #9: Please list five random defects about yourself that you're willing to admit you have.

• I tend to get angry quite quickly. This was mentioned before in question number 6.
  • I have social anxiety, which usually makes me extremely silent in real life, and get embarrassed extremely easily.
  • I tend to underestimate things. A LOT. This was also mentioned in a previous question.
  • I tend to use a bit too much strength whenever I try handling a problem. I can sometimes even injure somebody, which I don’t like doing.
  • I seem to get distracted really easily. This usually takes my attention off of things that I’m supposed to do.

QUESTION #10: Please reread the Novice and Veteran's Creed, and list the various Responsibilities that you failed to uphold during your crime.

Responsibility #2 (Novice Creed):
Please be courteous to your fellow players on our server.
I failed to do this, as I had framed Trickster450 and Turn999 as the culprits of this crime.

Responsibility #3 (Novice Creed):
Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any
You know how I failed to do this, after disrespecting you in terrible ways.

Responsibility #6 (Novice Creed):
Please refrain from the act of griefing or vandalism on private property, as well as wholesale
destruction of public property
This one is quite obvious, as griefing was the entire reason I had been banned in the first place.

Responsibility #8 (Novice Creed):
Please refrain from stealing from another player's property.
My griefing didn’t only include swearing and public indecency, but I had also stolen a splash potion of healing, and a fire resistance potion.

Responsibility #11 (Novice Creed):
Please refrain from creating builds or items of a lewd and vulgar nature, unless specifically
permitted by Staff in a controlled, isolated environment.
Another part of the grief, and I will admit that it was VERY immature and vulgar.

Responsibility #20 (Novice Creed):
Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­ back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun.
I had disrupted the nice atmosphere of the server with a sudden, stupid act of griefing.

Responsibility #3 (Veteran’s Creed):
Please do not take for granted the trust the Staff has placed on you – continue to obey and respect the rules, and avoid any actions against them, either in­game or off, that may be interpreted as manipulative, coercive, or of a threatening or harassing nature.
I do admit that I had betrayed the staff, as they thought of me as a calmer player, rather than a stupid kid.

QUESTION #11:  Please acknowledge that you understand the reasons behind and respect the judgement rendered for your banning.

I do understand the reasons of my ban, as I did commit serious crimes that had hurt the feelings of both staff and even some fellow players.

QUESTION #12:  Please acknowledge that you will calmly and respectfully listen to all the feedback provided by players and staff during the Assessment phase.

I also understand that the feedback from others on the server is crucial, and that it will make a great contribution to the unbanning process.

QUESTION #13:  Please acknowledge that you understand and respect the level of effort put behind your unbanning application, and will do your utmost to not let our efforts go in vain by pledging to become a helpful and trustworthy member of our server.

I do acknowledge the respect and effort that I have put into this application, and I promise that I won’t commit the crimes I have previously committed.

Cykrion 2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Unbanning application received ahead of schedule. I will work on my assessment during the next few days, after which it will be open for feesback.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Old Unbanning Applications - Page 3 Empty Unbanning Application- FruityLudy69

Post by FrutyLudy69 Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:02 am

1. My IGN and the story behind it.
My IGN is FruityLudy69 there is a little story to my name and why I picked the name. So here is the story one day I was talking with my friend at school and we started talking about minecraft. So I said "I am going to get Minecraft real soon." to him and then He said "I want to pick your name." so I said okay. So a couple days later my friend came to me and said I have your name and he said to me to make it FruityLudy69. So that s the small story to my name.

2. Why I am sorry and what I like about the server.
First off I have to say sorry for all the things I did wrong from stealing from the other players I took from and to the staff having to take their time into banning be first off and to look at this application to consider unbanning me from the server I have been away from the server for 6 months now and I have been missing the fun survival experience that the server gave me and to all the new friends I have met on the server as well. I have learned that what I did was wrong and no fair to the other players on the server who worked hard to get the items on the server. I have changed since the last time I have been on here and I do wish I can join the server once again and play with all the players that I have played with before an to the new players on the server. This server is completely different from any other server that I have played on like this server is unique by not having anything protected at all. The community is better then any other communities that I have seen. Lastly I have seen very little servers that have a dynamic map installed in to the server and i really like that about this server.

3. Some facts that are negative about me and how i worked on them and how I am working on them.
1. I sometimes lose my temper on occasions but I have been able to control it and if I it gets to much for me I take a break and leave my computer for a little while to cool off so I don't cause any more trouble.
2. I can sometimes take my opinion to another level that makes people angry and I have been working on this for awhile but I am working on this by me saying what I think and then if the other really doesn't like it I try as hard as i can to let them be and do what they want and I have had this only slip a couple times in the past and it hasn't happened in a long while.
3. I wont be able to get on as much anymore but I have been working on getting on at least every night so far and hopefully more when I settle down and I get my personal life settled down enough i an relax and enjoy the great times.

4. Being trusted with another chance and building back your trust.
I know it will take time of good deeds and me being a good person  on the server to build your trust back. I would like to ask for another chance to be trusted back on the server because I have matured to not steal from other players and to go out my self and get the materials I need to do what i need to do. I have learned from my mistakes and I understand that I will be watched by the people on the server and the staff of the server to make sure to see f I do anything wrong or to make sure that I don't go snooping into trouble. But I have learned from my past mistake that I shall not steal again from any players again in my minecraft career.

5. Knowing and accepting my judgement and feedback on my application.
I completely understand and accept the ruling and all the feedback that this application will bring to me and I will not react in any way that is negatively at all to anything that is posted in regards to this application. I also will answer any questions that I am asked on this post as well.

Thank you for all your time in reading this and for all feedback that this application my receive.

-FruityLudy69

FrutyLudy69

RP Character Sheet
Name: Austin
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:32 am

FrutyLudy69 wrote:1. My IGN and the story behind it.
My IGN is FruityLudy69 there is a little story to my name and why I picked the name. So here is the story one day I was talking with my friend at school and we started talking about minecraft. So I said "I am going to get Minecraft real soon." to him and then He said "I want to pick your name." so I said okay. So a couple days later my friend came to me and said I have your name and he said to me to make it FruityLudy69. So that s the small story to my name.

2. Why I am sorry and what I like about the server.
First off I have to say sorry for all the things I did wrong from stealing from the other players I took from and to the staff having to take their time into banning be first off and to look at this application to consider unbanning me from the server I have been away from the server for 6 months now and I have been missing the fun survival experience that the server gave me and to all the new friends I have met on the server as well. I have learned that what I did was wrong and no fair to the other players on the server who worked hard to get the items on the server. I have changed since the last time I have been on here and I do wish I can join the server once again and play with all the players that I have played with before an to the new players on the server. This server is completely different from any other server that I have played on like this server is unique by not having anything protected at all. The community is better then any other communities that I have seen. Lastly I have seen very little servers that have a dynamic map installed in to the server and i really like that about this server.

3. Some facts that are negative about me and how i worked on them and how I am working on them.
1. I sometimes lose my temper on occasions but I have been able to control it and if I it gets to much for me I take a break and leave my computer for a little while to cool off so I don't cause any more trouble.
2. I can sometimes take my opinion to another level that makes people angry and I have been working on this for awhile but I am working on this by me saying what I think and then if the other really doesn't like it I try as hard as i can to let them be and do what they want and I have had this only slip a couple times in the past and it hasn't happened in a long while.
3. I wont be able to get on as much anymore but I have been working on getting on at least every night so far and hopefully more when I settle down and I get my personal life settled down enough i an relax and enjoy the great times.

4. Being trusted with another chance and building back your trust.
I know it will take time of good deeds and me being a good person  on the server to build your trust back. I would like to ask for another chance to be trusted back on the server because I have matured to not steal from other players and to go out my self and get the materials I need to do what i need to do. I have learned from my mistakes and I understand that I will be watched by the people on the server and the staff of the server to make sure to see f I do anything wrong or to make sure that I don't go snooping into trouble. But I have learned from my past mistake that I shall not steal again from any players again in my minecraft career.

5. Knowing and accepting my judgement and feedback on my application.
I completely understand and accept the ruling and all the feedback that this application will bring to me and I will not react in any way that is negatively at all to anything that is posted in regards to this application. I also will answer any questions that I am asked on this post as well.

Thank you for all your time in reading this and for all feedback that this application my receive.

-FruityLudy69

FYI, Fruity, I said to post a statement of your intentions to rejoin the server, not attempt to post your own unbanning application. An unbanning application will be assigned to you, tailored to your own specific circumstances. I will use what you wrote for our assessment, however.

As I said earlier, we are currently in the middle of another parole hearing, so we will process your's after we're finished with this one (estimate between 7-10 days). Unbanning parole reviews are not high priority items, so we take our time, and we encourage parolees to take their time as well.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by FrutyLudy69 Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Sorry I did not understand when you said for me to post my intentions to rejoin the server and I have time to wait and I understand that these are not top priority

FrutyLudy69

RP Character Sheet
Name: Austin
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:49 am

Cykrion 2.0 wrote:Ok, I've been working on this the past few days. Hopefully it's enough. Apologies to everyone who I had offended in these crimes.
=======================================

I wasn’t actually the one to make this name. In all honesty, my older brother made it as my username on another game that I used to play. I’ve used this name for about 4 years.

Some other reasons other than my friends wanting me to join are:
To enjoy this server again:
Though you most likely think that all my respect for this server was lost, I won’t deny that I did have a great time here. The reason for the whole griefing incident was because I was jealous (Which I now find, is completely stupid), and I was just angry and frustrated at the time of that grief. Those 2 don’t mix well together.
To make myself more than a brat (To you guys at least):
I know that most people on the server see me as a brat, and that a lot of people have lost all respect for me. I just want to make myself more than this in your eyes. Yes, I know it might be hard, maybe even impossible, but I’m going to try the best I can to prove myself better than what you think of me. You might see this reason as pointless, but this means a lot to me.

I know of some ways to pay everyone back. One of these is to destroy all my items (which is probably going to happen either way). It’s not much, but it’s at least something. Another way is to restrict my access to public works. This will guarantee that I won’t have any chance to even get near the structures. I’ll only be allowed to do so if I get special permission by the builder who is making it, or somebody else who is in charge of the build. And of course, as you know, I’ll also stay away from Miisaka’s house and other big builds as well.

QUESTION #4:  Please elaborate in detail what went on in your head when you chose to commit this crime.

I don’t recall my exact thoughts (as it was half a year ago when this happened). However, I do remember being angry/jealous, as you mentioned before. I also think that I was talking with my younger brother, who had disliked Miisaka for some odd reason. Was it because of her drawings or something? Or (In his eyes) the “massive” amounts of respect that she had got? I don’t really know how to explain the way we get along, but we usually trust each other. We usually get rough if there’s an issue but I’m sure that we were just talking at the time of the grief. I was also in a voice chat with you-know-who, and we were also talking with him. I’m pretty sure that my brother had convinced me to believe the same things that he did. And no, I’m not blaming my brother at all. I understand he’s young, and he tends to be a little over-reactive at times. Well, I blame myself yet again, as I did introduce him to the community (mentioned earlier), and I had believed what he said.

QUESTION #5: Please elaborate in detail what you were expecting to happen after you committed the crime.

After the crime, I was for some reason expecting to get away with it. Yes, I know I’m stupid for thinking that. And yes, I don’t know why I expected that to happen, but that thought somehow crossed my mind, and things, as you know, backfired on me. I’ll admit, I have quite an impulsive mind in real life, and I do tend to underestimate A LOT of things (Like your security). After the crime, for some reason I felt no guilt at all, and had no regret. Once again, I don’t know why I felt this way. Looking back, I do see myself as you see me right now. A rude, selfish brat.

My point in telling you this was because I was mainly Jealous. The reason? Well,  I know that you’ll think this is stupid, but I felt quite mad when I realized super had gotten off the hook. Yes, I realize that it’s bad to be jealous of somebody else’s fortunate things in life, and I feel that I shouldn’t have told you in the first place. I do have a tendency to get angry pretty quickly. I also seem to turn this anger into actions, and those actions led to both the griefing and this. To end this, I’ll want to sincerely apologize to Super, since I risked getting him banned over something so stupid. Things like a computer game shouldn’t make me do things like get jealous or be tempted to do something to others that’ll hurt them. Either on the inside or the outside, I understand that it’s not good to hurt anyone now.

This, I’m really sorry about. It was simply a small mistake I made. You happened to be on my friends list at the time, and I clicked the “invite all friends” button by accident, instead of simply trying to check off the people that I wanted in the chat room. No, I didn’t feel “unwanted” because of the fact that you left the room. In fact, I actually had a feeling that I had messed up, inviting you. I know that this server isn’t the only thing in your life, and you have work to do. I’m sorry if it had gone off in something important like a meeting, or if it just flat out annoyed you due to the constant sounds that it made. I promise that it won’t happen again.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to use the facts from my original application 8 months ago, but I’ll use them anyway, along with 5 other facts.

• I play on 2 basketball teams. One for the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) and another for the House of Sports.
  • I like to do things like build computers. I’m actually going to build one soon as a matter of fact.
  • I have an IQ of 123, but I know that this doesn’t mean I’m intelligent Razz
  • I like playing the violin. This is because I for some reason like classical music. Probably because my parents like it.
  • In real life, I like to do things like hang out with my friends at the park.
  • I learned to draw from doing things like tracing, and then getting used to the pattern
  • I have an externship in a workshop, where I like to build things and put together real life structures.
  • My name was going to be “Rebecca” if I were to be a girl. I don’t know why, but my parents just decided on that.
  • My favorite number is 37. This is because it’s the month and day of my birthday in order. (March 7)
  • I can sing the alphabet backwards, and even use the original tune of the song.

• I tend to get angry quite quickly. This was mentioned before in question number 6.
  • I have social anxiety, which usually makes me extremely silent in real life, and get embarrassed extremely easily.
  • I tend to underestimate things. A LOT. This was also mentioned in a previous question.
  • I tend to use a bit too much strength whenever I try handling a problem. I can sometimes even injure somebody, which I don’t like doing.
  • I seem to get distracted really easily. This usually takes my attention off of things that I’m supposed to do.

Responsibility #2 (Novice Creed):
Please be courteous to your fellow players on our server.
I failed to do this, as I had framed Trickster450 and Turn999 as the culprits of this crime.

Responsibility #3 (Novice Creed):
Please be courteous to Staff, and observe their instructions should they give you any
You know how I failed to do this, after disrespecting you in terrible ways.

Responsibility #6 (Novice Creed):
Please refrain from the act of griefing or vandalism on private property, as well as wholesale
destruction of public property
This one is quite obvious, as griefing was the entire reason I had been banned in the first place.

Responsibility #8 (Novice Creed):
Please refrain from stealing from another player's property.
My griefing didn’t only include swearing and public indecency, but I had also stolen a splash potion of healing, and a fire resistance potion.

Responsibility #11 (Novice Creed):
Please refrain from creating builds or items of a lewd and vulgar nature, unless specifically
permitted by Staff in a controlled, isolated environment.
Another part of the grief, and I will admit that it was VERY immature and vulgar.

Responsibility #20 (Novice Creed):
Please help keep the atmosphere on our server peaceful, laid­ back, exhilarating, appreciative and fun.
I had disrupted the nice atmosphere of the server with a sudden, stupid act of griefing.

Responsibility #3 (Veteran’s Creed):
Please do not take for granted the trust the Staff has placed on you – continue to obey and respect the rules, and avoid any actions against them, either in­game or off, that may be interpreted as manipulative, coercive, or of a threatening or harassing nature.
I do admit that I had betrayed the staff, as they thought of me as a calmer player, rather than a stupid kid.

I do understand the reasons of my ban, as I did commit serious crimes that had hurt the feelings of both staff and even some fellow players.

I also understand that the feedback from others on the server is crucial, and that it will make a great contribution to the unbanning process.

I do acknowledge the respect and effort that I have put into this application, and I promise that I won’t commit the crimes I have previously committed.

Hello everyon,

Allow me the opportunity to conduct our latest parole hearing for one Cykrion (hereafter referred to as the "felon") who was banned from the Big Sister server on June 2nd, 2014 for the various crimes as detailed on this post...

https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t246-cykrion-ban-notification

Per his statement of intent, the felon has admitted to the various crimes and abuses committed, including an additional claim of theft previously unmentioned.  He has apologized for the crimes committed, filled his application in great detail, and has waited for the time required to go through this parole hearing -- and he should be commended for all these attempts to make amends for his prior behavior.

However, it is equally important not to confuse effort for honesty, as sometimes the greatest efforts and scientific brilliance in the world have been used for purposes of evil, subterfuge and belligerence rather than good.  Therefore, this lengthy unbanning application and assessment process has been carried out to ensure that the felon's willingness to make amends is genuine. 

The unbanning application will be analyzed by me into a series of bullet points highlighting both exemplar cases of good behavior and understanding, as well as deficiencies in thought or concern for our well-being.  My final assessment is to be shared with all interested, parties on our forum, especially staff, who will have a period of 96 hours to provide thoughts and feedback.  I will then use any thoughts and feedback provided to determine the extent and severity of my final ruling.

The felon may answer questions asked of him, but he must refrain from interfering or influencing opinion in any way, shape or form.

BEGIN ASSESSMENT:

- The felon has written the application well before the due date, with acceptable spelling and grammar, and sufficient detail to meet all posting requirements. The felon also inserts various apologies throughout the unbanning application.

- The felon has not listed his IGN, which under normal whitelist applications would consistute an automatic failure.

- The felon, however, answered the question regarding his unlisted IGN, and also makes mention of another brother.  This fact will be noted.

- The felon continues to make mention of "friends", but for over 6 months there has been no concerted effort by anyone, other than Super (hereafter referred to as the "accomplice"), to have Cykrion return to the server.  With the exception of the accomplice, reactions to his banning have ranged from indifference to satisfaction.  

- The felon admits to feeling irrational jealousy and anger during the griefing incident.  

- The felon lists only two primary reasons for returning to the server, other than the wishes of the accomplice: to enjoy a server he claims to have admired, and to regain some semblance of respect from others.  Both reasons run contrary to the actions taken, and words said, during and after the griefing incident, so it still remains to be seen why improving his reputation is now of critical importance of him.  This is especially prudent in light of the fact that the felon never took advantage of any of the Gulliver offerings, and could easily have made a clean start on another vanilla Minecraft server.  In short, it's hard to pinpoint what [positive things] the felon sees in our server, so this leaves me with the impression that his reasons for rejoining are weak and unconvincing.

- The felon details a very peculiar and troubling action plan for redemption -- it is especially telling that he focuses primarily on gameplay changes that (a la "Big Sister - Hard Mode") akin to self-imposed martyrdom, rather than any attempt to follow our server culture (i.e., reading and observing all Rights and Responsibilities) or apologize in-person to the people he or his brother offended (or at least offer them his items rather than greedily "destroy" them).  The martyrdom is paired with a kind of self-impoxed exile from visiting any prebuilt structures (again ignoring the very cultural soul that this server is built on), which given the extent of our server's growth since he left will all but guarantee he can never play anywhere.  This adds to the previous question of why he wishes to return if he has no intention of playing on the server properly -- the felon should not go through the expense of the unbanning process simply to return to a glorified chat room.

- In pretending to require special handling -- including pestering other players to request building or visiting permission, which is already common courtesy and part of our Creed -- he is making the case for inconveniencing the staff with MORE things to look over rather than less, as if he was worth the trouble and expense of doing that.  Left unsaid is how new players would react to his self-imposed exile and martyrdom, perhaps thinking it was the staff's doing and becoming unnecessarily dramatic as a result... could the prospect of subtle vengeance be one of the real reasons for returning to our server?

- Of particular bother to me is the felon's insistence on obscuring the accomplice's name, and yet he has no qualms with exposing, singling out, and potentially-embarrassing Miisaka, the victim of his crime.  This leads me to believe that he still harbors a kind of resentment and lack of respect for the person who he wronged, and likewise who helped foil his plans very quickly.  One could even construe the act of ignoring the existence of Miisaka or her creations as a form of protest -- should he be reinstated in the server, he should have the bravery and decency to face her and apologize, even if it means returning to her home.  The emphasis on ignoring rather than facing problems is prolific throughout the application.

- The felon once again mentions anger and jealousy, and yet doesn't specify why "he" felt anger and jealousy.  He offsets this to his little brother instead, who apparently disliked Miisaka for reasons unknown (at least not to a rational and mature person); and yet somehow this translated to the felon AND the accomplice commiting the griefing and the act of framing Trickster and Turn?  Did the little brother dislike them too?  How was the little brother so able to influence his much older (and presumably more mature) brother and a veteran player to commit such an elaborate act, complete with framing, swear words, theft, and obsecene artwork?  This makes no sense, and if it were to be taken literally it would paint the felon as a very weak-minded individual, one easily influenced by non-players who ultimately have no business on our server, and who could just as easily allow his brother to "mind-control" him into another irrational crime (this time fueled by the self-imposed martyrdom and exile).  Or worse, allow his brother access to his Minecraft account to allow him to physically enact his revenge.

- Also left unsaid is why the felon never mentioned his little brother's involvement in the crime back when it was relevant to the investigation -- to mention it now, as he did recently in exposing his accomplice as a means to deflect responsibility, only serves to make his character less trustworthy.

- I note a similar callousness in the response to Question #4 as I did back when he was caught and finally [and casually] admitted to the crime, even going so far as to suggest the duration of his temp-ban to coincide with an upcoming vacation period.  While he admits this was a rude and selfish thing to do back then, he conveniently leaves out other vices such as lying, being hot-blooded or being remorseless.  Even if we accepted the notion that he can refer to rudeness and selfishness as a past-sense issue, there is nothing to indicate that he isn't a remorseless hot-blooded liar in the present day.  All things considered, it's hard to see that very much has changed.

- Furthermore in Question #4, I still feel that the original question was not answered.  The felon describes how it ultimately backfired, perhaps lamenting the fact that it did -- but in fact what was asked is what he originally expected would happen after the original crime was perpetruated, assuming he never did get caught.  Was the expectation to scare Miisaka away for good, or get Turn or Trickster banned from the server?  What was in it for his accomplice, who had never griefed anything up till that point?  Why was this considered a good thing to do in light of the many risks it entailed, especially if, by his little brother's own admission, Miisaka had "'massive' amounts of respect"?  Again, this is an example of ignoring the true issue at heart rather than confronting it -- or if this is not done on purpose, it is indicative of a prevailing self-centeredness from the felon.  The felon is unwilling, or unable, to think about others and how his actions can directly affect them, even now 6 months later.

- The felon continues to make note of being easily angered, explaining that he is easily impulsive and thoughtless in real life, even so far as to continue to have this problem in the present day.  This is worrying in light of the fact that, thanks to the severity of his grief, the application process has been tightened to exclude people who are unwilling or unable to contain their anger, and are not above disrupting the peace of others to satisfy their own insecurities.

- In Question #6, the felon once again invokes jealousy as the cause for betraying the accomplice who, for all his faults, did try to cooperate with the investigation at the time AND did work hard to get the felon returned to this server.  And this only a mere two months prior to this writing, so it's hard to imagine that this level of irrational jealousy could be wished out during tha timeframe.  Another curiosity is that if the felon were so explosively jealous and angry, how come he did not make note of this within the week after he was banned, when it would still have been relevant yet enough time had passed to make it clear that the accomplice "got away with it".  The accomplice could have been banned as well satisfying his own jealousy, and the felon's sentence could have been reduced for at least partially-cooperating with getting justice served.  That it happened not long after the original unbanning attempt could only be seen as a means to use his friendship as collateral to be traded for something the felon selfishly desired, in this case an attempt to return to the server.  

- It should be noted that once again the felon makes mention of some severe emotional anger issues, and relatively-recent ones at that.  

- Once again, the felon gives a very wholehearted apology to the accomplice, devoting half the answer to this.  And yet he did not extend the victims (Miisaka, Turn and Trickster) the same generous courtesy, especially in Question #5 where it would have been most prudent to do so.  

- Considering the accomplice has committed no crimes prior to or after the incident with the felon, it begs the question what would happen if the felon returned to the server.  Given their negative synergy, would the possibility exist that the accomplice may resume experimentation with criminality once the felon returns?  Could a case be made to bar the felon from returning in order to protect the accomplice from being banned as well?  After all, it's better to lose one potential player rather than two.

- The felon does take the time to apologize for the breach of privacy against me at least.  The felon does not, however, explain why he simply didn't kick me off the collective chat if he knew I never agreed or accepted to be a part of it.  Assuming this was not done on purpose, we can add laziness and thoughtlessness to his growing list of vices.  

- One thing the felon mentions in the privacy response that is actually a very big problem with many other players besides him is a very peculiar notion of expectation.  People "expect" unconditional love and attention from me, to the point of being needy, clingy and at times creepy, yet they often attempt to get my attention in ways that I find appalling, annoying, unhelpful or disturbing, or that cause me undue stress and work (such as interrupting me during staff training sessions).  It's no coincidence therefore that I often enjoy the company of people that are both dedicated, intelligent and mature, who are helpful for the simple sake of being helpful (rather than due to false expectations), and who at least make some small attempt to be considerate of my own needs and expectations (aka, not self-centered).  People who get jealous of other people who treat me better should probably consider EMULATING the people they're jealous of rather than attacking them -- if more people did that, I could probably enjoy my own server better.

- While not exclusively disallowed, reusing original facts can be construed as laziness or an admission that the felon has little of interest about himself, especially in light of the fact that several of his newer answers are overly random.  Either way, people interested in comparing notes can review the felon's original whitelist application here: https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t409p165-whitelist-applications-archive-2#1956

- The anger issue is noted once more, along with other vices previously mentioned (i.e., underestimation), and some more specific ones that may be a cause of some of these issues (i.e., social anxiety disorders).  Given his previous assertion of imposing martyrdom and exile upon a would-be return to our server, I don't think this is appropriate or safe for anyone with a social anxiety condition paired with an intermittent explosive disorder and apparently some kind of attention deficit disorder.  Rather than risk aggravation of these conditions over a game, the felon is encouraged to instead use the time to seek treatment and a new food regime. 

- The felon does carefully note several responsibilities broken and should be commended for this.  However, he should have also included Novice #9 (breaking and entering), Novice #12 (overuse of inappropriate language), Novice #17 (stalking activities), and Novice #19 (breaking rules of conduct on our forums - since your little brother is your responsibility, the punishment from his parting message fell on you).  

- The felon understands the reason for his ban, but does not respect the judgement that rendered his banning. 

- The felon simply states that feedback is useful, but does not affirm to calmly and respectfully listen to all of it.

- The felon respects only his own "respect and effort" put into writing the answers for this application, but does not respect the efforts by other staff and I in writing the application, and by extension in conducting the assessment and feedback phase.  He also promises to not commit the crimes he previously committed, implying perhaps that he may commit other new and more elaborate crimes instead.  

- The felon has been instructed that, should he return to the server, he will be demoted to the rank of Novice for a period of 6 months.

- The felon has been instructed that, should he return to the server, his little brother cannot play on the server or participate on the forum.

- The felon has been instructed that, should he return to the server, he will face a full permanent ban and blacklisting, with no chance of parole, should he commit a new crime.  

END ASSESSMENT

We will now adjourn for today, and allow interested parties (including staff) to provide thoughts and feedback on the assessment above.  Again, this will be used to shape the extent and severity of my final ruling.  

As a reminder, the felon may answer questions asked of him, but he must refrain from interfering or influencing opinion in any way, shape or form.

Thank you.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cordelia Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:41 pm

First off, let me state that I do not know Cykrion. I was not even on the server at the time this incident took place. I will not be able to do much judging of your Cykrion's character, since the only things I've seen him really say have been nonsense in the offtopic boards. Anything I say here will be primarily based on his unbanning application itself.

Honestly, my biggest concern is why you want to come back. You've stated that you feel most people on the server see you as a brat, but you mention that you're trying to prove yourself. But why? Why does it matter so much to you now? Apparently you didn't care when you committed your crime, so why the change of heart? I mean, you haven't been on this server in 6 months. Why do our opinions even matter anymore? Considering that you've been active on our forum still during the time of your ban as well as the fact that you started this process as soon as you were up for parole seems to suggest you're unable to move past our server.

I might just be being overcautious, but I can't help but feel a little wary with this. Something about the way you've worded your application feels forced, like someone muttering through gritted teeth. Not to mention that for a lot of these incidents, you seem to be pretty quick to push the blame off yourself. For example, in number 4, you state that you blame yourself for the incident in the final sentence. However, the entire paragraph talks mostly about your brother and Super. For number 7, it was “an accident”. For someone who admits their own guilt, you seem to like implying that it's the fault of others.

To be perfectly blunt about it, I'm suspicious. My personal opinion would be that you shouldn't be allowed back on the server without heavy limitations to prevent something similar from happening again, and that's even if you're allowed back in at all.
Cordelia
Cordelia

RP Character Sheet
Name: Cordelia
Personality Trait: Devious
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spookster Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:14 pm

I have been thinking the whole day about what for feedback I would post here...

First off! You say you want to "Prove" yourself by "Making yourself not look like a brat" Why didn't you tell how you would prove yourself?

Next you say that your brother "Disliked" Mii for some reason... But does that mean you disliked her too? Why did you even do the grief because someone else doesn't like someone? Don't be someone who can be easily convinced! Think before you act! And if you are allowed back in the server then don't be convinced by your brother AND try keeping your Minecraft account safe in case he decides to take revenge.

To wrap it up... I think you deserve another chance, you did your best with the application and apologized to everyone  I think you deserve another chance with heavy limitations.

Last edited by HappySpookster on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spookster
Spookster
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Turn999 Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:10 pm

I agree with Spook. Cykrion should get a second Chance because everyone here on earth changes so only because he griefed something doesn't mean he becomes a griefer forever, maybe he wants to help everywhere when he can.

Well I "slightly" agree with cord that Cykríon should get limitations first. Small steps and when we can trust him enough maybe he will becomes Veteran again and can be trusted normally. I believe in him that he WILL never do this again.
Turn999
Turn999

RP Character Sheet
Name: Turn (nickname Timon)
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Just a slight clarification... this would technically be Cykrion's third chance, since he originally was given only a 45-day temp-ban for the griefing [AND framing of you and Trick, which you didn't mention, as well as lying to me and attempting to side-track the investigation].
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content