Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1

+200
Malachi577
awsomesaucedude
Jackholmesnh
StorySaysTruth
stellan11
GigaStorm
helpmepls
tinyelf101
Cirrian
JacobXZY
ultragamer564
Tupr
Kokkey
gymman
Dude1002746
SirMonkeyFood
raffles
Soopuhstar56
acetrainer890
SpeedDoesMC
Tipls
Pikachu
Hydraxous
polybrrr
KirbyDS11
thunderfan115
Brutecrusher
D2Y9E
WPAirsoftB
slobugsy
finnymario
Jagged_
YadJomhur
husseinkhhr
UsernameDeCarlos
Caticus_
HydraWar
BudderCarp101
Canadian2Mohawk
TheCraftJorge
monkeyman
giroro4210
nvm99
Xzinic
FunkiestGrain
legodrew
SPCJames
MuntantCreeper37*
Loganstang
jpattrin040
TwistyPvP
kidpower
Spartain1
Yuquibo
Wefner
ShadowSh4d0w
FrutyLudy69
canaw33d
killer5868
TheEpicKyle
Theros_Warrior
Tilk
CandyDemon
q9c9p
DylaNplus10
Ultrabloxx248
slenderhood223
eogooot
eliteawsome
justinb41702
Flammole
Sebastion
Mcowher01
danielthegreat01
HirodetsuArai
StorySays
emilatte
alex0412
bumblebee104
piston24
RedIronFang
Gemerlx
Trovo22
arnoudje
rolorolo8
nja095
ash02rom
mix787
coacadile
Kirex17
Jams
DrawfKing84
chocolatecheese1
ip_daily2
Shane1470
squirrel246
droman9
Bowser
Keegwi
zendadafu
Night_Lord123
DoctorMudkip
Plume Aurion
buddylulu
bloodyhorse99
M4tchedPl4yer
dav393
furyheroz
wesley4808
jedimastercobra
Chicago?
Trializ
callum1h3
XainEx25
sammarkvoort
axelpang
DocDragon
jcreddog00
Miisaka
minnow14
Gabatoro
brazenhawk
matatorolol
BunnyMan360
Larryflapjack
XxjacobbellxX
tuff_mrabe
mikeythegreat01
minerman421
2W3iRd
epicness2237@ymail.com
infernoold
tgs16
jack0058
flashgnash
zookpeker
NeilGH
kmdell
connorcreeper14
MisterTtocS
bryceio
jibwhee
CAPTKILLRDEAN
slappy0222
wonwoo0621
DaylenWebb
cutesnail5
Soniss
Cykrion
bejago269
CrypticGamma
TheCakeGaming
RasmusXL
Turn999
SuperEll10
Panini_The_Great
VegaDestroyer
dankuso1
PichuBrosFTW
BubbleMongoose
dragon5601
mrpiggy99
Haasman29
invisibledragon
kjshannon
SwimmerMan01
NateTheGreat345
The_Glitch
Kamkut17
iallipekul
dylanj2114
Raided_You
puddy777
dagger3475
Raddaman8000
milipeed
jdvs111
LordBiscuits
Carthoris
Shape_Sea
Ajjget
mrjoebsoto
BreakRoom
snarkel
Camo001
Minoriko
Anatom22
Steelebo
500nicko
mtmagic
pazneria12
Pedzr
TVguy25
squrile
theclaire
BurgerWarrior
IY110
ShadowScale
Ciabatta
jazzymens
204 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: Whitelist Applications - Archive 1

Post by Ciabatta Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:18 am

Thank you very much for trying. Good luck.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 Empty Re: Whitelist Applications - Archive 1

Post by chocolatecheese1 Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:42 pm

What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?: chocolatecheese1

Please explain why you would like to join the Server:
I have loved Gulliver Mod ever since... the war *sheds tear* AHEM, I mean when I found it about a year ago. This was the first server that popped up when I googled Gulliver servers!

Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server: In my opinion, for what it's worth, I am a very likable person. I like to be silly with fellow Crafters, and I like to make friends that I'll think back to when I think of Minecraft. My 3+ years of Minecraft experience doesn't hurt either...

Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players:
1. I am 15 years of age
2. I am a professional Java programmer (a self-given title Razz)
3. I live in Columbus, Ohio
4. I love NHL Hockey! Go Blues!!!
5. When I'm not watching hockey, I'm reading about various hockey statistics (you can ask me ANY NHL-related question)
6. I'm having too much fun writing random facts, so I shall write more!
7. When I'm not doing either of those, I'm playing Civilization 5 as Catherine of Russia
8. I have watched Breaking Bad in its entirety five times on Netflix. I'm in the process of a sixth (just finished Negro y Azul)
9. I am a movie buff. The Shining is my personal favorite.
10. I have two Shih-Tzus. One is a 10-year old girl, and she's so gentle and sweet, and a great sleeping buddy! The other is a 4-year old boy, and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. He's STILL not potty-trained.

To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most: "If Tiny, you have the right to carve a home within Spawnington, its sewers, or its various hovels, so long as the outward appearance of the aforementioned structures are not altered."

And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide please write down the name of the official server currency: As much as I would love for it to be named "ChocolateCheese Blocks", alas, it is merely "Cheese Blocks"

chocolatecheese1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Hey ChocoCheese,

That's a very nice app you got there. Shame if something were to happen to it. :3

Thankfully, that won't be the case here. However, while I would love to review it, I will in fact differ this review to our latest proactive Deputy (for quality and training purposes you see). It may take a while, but your app will be reviewed in time.

We thank you for your patience. Smile

Incidentally, you may be happy to know that I recently built a functional Minecraft hockey stadium near spawn, so you could probably help popularize it if you join us. Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Miisaka Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:19 am

chocolatecheese1 wrote:What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?: chocolatecheese1

Please explain why you would like to join the Server:
I have loved Gulliver Mod ever since... the war *sheds tear* AHEM, I mean when I found it about a year ago. This was the first server that popped up when I googled Gulliver servers!

Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server: In my opinion, for what it's worth, I am a very likable person. I like to be silly with fellow Crafters, and I like to make friends that I'll think back to when I think of Minecraft. My 3+ years of Minecraft experience doesn't hurt either...

Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players:
1. I am 15 years of age
2. I am a professional Java programmer (a self-given title Razz)
3. I live in Columbus, Ohio
4. I love NHL Hockey! Go Blues!!!
5. When I'm not watching hockey, I'm reading about various hockey statistics (you can ask me ANY NHL-related question)
6. I'm having too much fun writing random facts, so I shall write more!
7. When I'm not doing either of those, I'm playing Civilization 5 as Catherine of Russia
8. I have watched Breaking Bad in its entirety five times on Netflix. I'm in the process of a sixth (just finished Negro y Azul)
9. I am a movie buff. The Shining is my personal favorite.
10. I have two Shih-Tzus. One is a 10-year old girl, and she's so gentle and sweet, and a great sleeping buddy! The other is a 4-year old boy, and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. He's STILL not potty-trained.

To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most: "If Tiny, you have the right to carve a home within Spawnington, its sewers, or its various hovels, so long as the outward appearance of the aforementioned structures are not altered."

And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency: As much as I would love for it to be named "ChocolateCheese Blocks", alas, it is merely "Cheese Blocks"

Mmm, and something shall indeed be happening to it :3 ...a review!

Anyway, I'm Miisaka and I'll be the one to review your application today. Just from a general look of your application you have added in quite a bit here, definitely a lot stronger than my last review. I'll be looking at each point individually to decide if you should be whitelisted here or not.

===============

Question 1: No problem here, also I do like your name. Hopefully you wouldn't mind me calling you ChocoCheese as well ^^

Question 2: Okay... well why exactly do you love it? Aside from us being the first result, what else convinced you we were the best option for you? Did you view our youtube trailers or look into us some more after googling for Gulliver servers?

Question 3: That's good to hear, we do have a few people who can be silly as well. However I hope that means the good silly, if so you won't have any problems making some nice friends here. The extra Minecraft experience is nice to have as well.

Question 4:  Ooh, going over the limits already? I like that Very Happy I'll go through each fact you posted and see which ones stick out to me with [*]. Some are a little short, but multiple facts give it an extra push.

Fact #1 - Ah I see, that's probably the average around here.

[*]Fact #2 - Interesting, one of my friends took some Java classes before. Though I have no idea how that went for them.

Fact #3 - Cool, we probably have others who live there as well.

[*]Fact #4 - Mmm, nice to have a hockey fan here. If you can find someone with the same interests you'll be set, and that's a strong one to have.

Fact #5 - Ties into the 4th fact, but can see you have a passion for hockey. Like Cia said, you would definitely appreciate our recently built hockey rink.

Fact #6 - Yes, I can see that... ^^'

[*]Fact #7 - Ah Civ 5, heard about it but not too much into it. My older brother used to love playing Age of Empires many years back, kinda similar I guess. We have some people who like to play other games especially via Steam, so they can probably be worth playing with.

[*]Fact #8 - Oh my, that's quite a lot and going for a 6th :O There are still many things I need to watch over again, of course I'll save that for when I have the time.

[*]Fact #9 - Ooh, the Shining that's a classic. I do like some older movies, even though I don't have the best memory of them always be a treat to rewatch.

[*]Fact #10 - Aww shih-tzu's <3 are they rescues or have you had them since they were pups? he'll learn soon enough I hope Razz

Question 5: Very good, safe to say you're gonna be a tiny here?

Question 6: Hehe, who knows one day it could happen Razz

===============

Well, this was a nice read. The only criticism I have was the organization, it could really benefit from some separation between the question and answers.
Also I would've liked more reasoning behind the second question, what exactly do you see in us against the other options?

Aside from that, you seem like a nice person to have on the server so I can recommend that you get whitelisted.

Last edited by Miisaka on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Miisaka
Miisaka

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:50 am

That was beautiful, Mii! And your review definitely falls in line with my own impression... even though the question #2 is a bit weak, the rest of the app has some additional strengths to it that it can make up for that shortfall.

So in closing... whitelist recommendation approved!
Welcome aboard!! Very Happy

[and good job, Mii!]
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 Empty Whitlist

Post by DrawfKing84 Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:20 pm

can i join the server my minecraft name is DrawfKing84 plz... Very Happy 

DrawfKing84

RP Character Sheet
Name: Zack
Personality Trait: Cowardly
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jams Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:45 pm

DrawfKing84 wrote:can i join the server my minecraft name is DrawfKing84 plz... Very Happy 

You might want to go through the last couple pages and work out what you're missing that everyone else has done.
Jams
Jams

RP Character Sheet
Name: Jammy
Personality Trait: Fiery
Character Description:

http://thistotallyexists.com/notreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirex17 Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:52 am

hi my ingamename is Kirex17 iam 14 years old and i live in switzerland can you guys pls whitelist me on the server it looks pretty fun to play

Giant Music 
Kirex17
Kirex17

RP Character Sheet
Name: Kirex
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jams Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:44 am

Kirex17 wrote:hi my ingamename is Kirex17 iam 14 years old and i live in switzerland can you guys pls whitelist me on the server it looks pretty fun to play

Giant Music 

Ehehe... ^_^; Oh geez... Please go back to the first page and read on what to do. This part of the forums is called Applicaions and Introductions and you have to submit and application to even have a chance at being whitelisted.
Jams
Jams

RP Character Sheet
Name: Jammy
Character Description:

http://thistotallyexists.com/notreal

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 1 - Page 20 Empty Dylan's Whitelist Application 2K14

Post by dylanj2114 Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:11 pm

What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

dylanj2114

Please explain why you would like to join the Server.

I have always enjoyed running around my Minecraft worlds using the Gulliver Mod, and trying to build at big/small scales.(Although honestly, I'm already bad enough at regular size). I used to play on the server "Under Gulliver's Toe", and was sad when I'd seen the server was shut down. I'd come across this server awhile back, but my application wasn't up to standards, and I'd forgotten about it. Now here I am, deciding to try again.

Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

I've always felt like people enjoy playing with me on other servers, because I'm nice, trustworthy, and just enjoy myself while I play. I consider myself very mature, and have plenty of experience playing Minecraft. I've been around since 1.2.5, which may not seem like very long to some of you, but I know what I'm doing and how to help others.

Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

• I've never had anything with Mint Chutney. Sad
  • I'm building a house about a mile out of town this summer.
  • I've never been out of the USA.
  • I have two crazy little dogs, a toy poodle and a yorkie.
  • I shook the hand of someone who shook the hand of someone who shook the hand of Albert Einstein.

To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

18. Please avoid begging Staff to whitelist your friends without an application – if your friends wish to join our server, they must complete a whitelist application of their own.

I don't know, people doing stuff like that just gets old. So many good rules and rights, but glad you stated this specifically.

And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

Cheeze Blocks

dylanj2114

Back to top Go down

Post by dylanj2114 Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Now I'm mad that my bullet list wasn't red. My Minecraft-related OCD is going to be the end of me yet! Just for the record, it WAS red in the preview.

dylanj2114

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:39 pm

dylanj2114 wrote:What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

dylanj2114

I have always enjoyed running around my Minecraft worlds using the Gulliver Mod, and trying to build at big/small scales.(Although honestly, I'm already bad enough at regular size). I used to play on the server "Under Gulliver's Toe", and was sad when I'd seen the server was shut down. I'd come across this server awhile back, but my application wasn't up to standards, and I'd forgotten about it. Now here I am, deciding to try again.

Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

I've always felt like people enjoy playing with me on other servers, because I'm nice, trustworthy, and just enjoy myself while I play. I consider myself very mature, and have plenty of experience playing Minecraft. I've been around since 1.2.5, which may not seem like very long to some of you, but I know what I'm doing and how to help others.

Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

• I've never had anything with Mint Chutney. Sad
  • I'm building a house about a mile out of town this summer.
  • I have two crazy little dogs, a toy poodle and a yorkie.
  • I shook the hand of someone who shook the hand of someone who shook the hand of Albert Einstein.

To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

18. Please avoid begging Staff to whitelist your friends without an application – if your friends wish to join our server, they must complete a whitelist application of their own.

I don't know, people doing stuff like that just gets old. So many good rules and rights, but glad you stated this specifically.

And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

Cheeze Blocks

Oh now I remember you.  Yeah, your original app was horrible, and plus you didn't have the decency to reply back to Burger's feedback.  Combined with the fact that that was eons ago, and I really have to say it takes a lot of nerve to crawl back out here as if nothing ever happened.  So already you're starting from the bottom of the barrel.

To make matters worse, you reused one of my sample facts (its neither interesting nor a fact that you don't know what mint chutney is, simply pure laziness), and you added that idiotic handshake joke thinking perhaps you'd try to be cute.  And who the hell spells cheese with a "Z"?! To put it mildly, you have bigger things to worry about than you're so-called OCD.

I honestly don't think I could reject you fast enough.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by dylanj2114 Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:51 pm

I honestly never heard of Mint Chutney, not sure it's very common in the USA. Thought it would be a funny starter fact. I apologize for my first post being so terrible. It's no good excuse, but my computer wasn't available at the time, so I'd posted the application from my iPod, and had honestly tried three times to type it up, having it clear when I tried to preview it, and by the fourth time I had grown a bit sloppy. I had forgotten about the server entirely, and didn't think replying to him was that big of a deal. I do apologise to burger, who I was friends with on the Under Gulliver's Toe server, and I remember playing with him a few times on a server whose name I cannot remember, idmb's server or something like that. I was serious about the handshake and did think it was kinda funny, sorry if it looked as stupid as you made it out to be. It was my 6th grade science teacher who's hand I shook. I am also embarrassed that I spelled cheese with a "z", it just looked right at the time. I'm sorry Burger if I offended you by not replying. Ciabatta, I know I messed up a few times in my application, (both this one and the last) but can you please reconsider, at least one more time, letting me join the server?

dylanj2114

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:37 pm

dylanj2114 wrote:I honestly never heard of Mint Chutney, not sure it's very common in the USA. Thought it would be a funny starter fact. I apologize for my first post being so terrible. It's no good excuse, but my computer wasn't available at the time, so I'd posted the application from my iPod, and had honestly tried three times to type it up, having it clear when I tried to preview it, and by the fourth time I had grown a bit sloppy. I had forgotten about the server entirely, and didn't think replying to him was that big of a deal. I do apologise to burger, who I was friends with on the Under Gulliver's Toe server, and I remember playing with him a few times on a server whose name I cannot remember, idmb's server or something like that. I was serious about the handshake and did think it was kinda funny, sorry if it looked as stupid as you made it out to be. It was my 6th grade science teacher who's hand I shook. I am also embarrassed that I spelled cheese with a "z", it just looked right at the time. I'm sorry Burger if I offended you by not replying. Ciabatta, I know I messed up a few times in my application, (both this one and the last) but can you please reconsider, at least one more time, letting me join the server?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chutney

So long as you're willing to apologize and make amends, yes I'm willing to reconsider.  But you have your work cut out for you, so let me outline the steps you need to make to resubmit an application that is absolutely perfect...

Question #2: You've talked a lot about your experience with Gulliver and on Dravics, but very little about our server itself.  You woe it to us to watch our server videos and review our Dynmap, and come back to me with a few reasons why you think you would enjoy our server (besides the obvious "some of my friends play here").  

Question #3: Well the mature part is out the window now, so you can drop it from this statement.  Replace it with some assurance that you'll be on your best behavior on our server, and you will do your best to look after any of the imported areas from Dravics, given that so few of your kind are willing to look after it properly.  

Question #4:  Replace the first and last point, obviously... your explanations don't make enough sense to fly.  I'll only accept the second point (about building a house) if you tell me more about this (are you an older person who does construction and architecture, a young adult volunteering for some Build a Home foundation, or a kid building a treehouse?) -- otherwise, come up with a new one as well.  And no funny business, cause I'm not laughing.  Wink

Question #5:  This one's okay, and believe it or not, this happens A LOT.  Just recently Rigelmaster got banned (within a week of being whitelisted) for not only being an idiot, but also flooding the whitelist application post with more of his idiot friends' applications, and then getting smart with me as I performing my reviews.  And that's just our most high-profile case, there have been TONS of newbies wanting to bring in their friends and their dog to to this server immediately after being whitelisted themselves, with very poor results typically.

Question #6:  And of course fix the spelling, and drop the "blocks" part as this is no longer applicable.

==============

Fix all that, and you'll have a better chance at getting in.  Wink.  Wink
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by dylanj2114 Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:09 pm

1] What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

dylanj2114

2] Please explain why you would like to join the Server.

I watched this server's advertisement on YouTube, and was impressed at how fun it made the server look. There were many games and buildings that I was quite impressed with, and can't wait to play them. I especially liked the part at the end with everyone on the server set at different heights for a picture. I looked at the Dynmap, and was thrilled to see many different cities, including a few builds I recognized from Dravic's server. I even found a few structures, including the big statues, from the video.

3] Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

I think I can have fun playing with others on this server, and hopefully  even help other people if they need it. I helped out a bit with some of the builds from Dravic's server, and will make absolutely no harm comes to them, or anything else on this server. If I do see anything wrong with them, I will let an Admin/Moderator know about it and do my best to help repair it.

4] Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

• I'm currently trying to learn basic Java programming in my free time, and hope to try and release a few mods for Minecraft, whether they are public or private, depends on how well I do.
  • I'm building a house about a mile out of town this summer. I'm only 15, but my family and I are the only ones building it. We'll have a plumber do the waterworks, and we may or may not hire an electrition. (My Dad knows what he's doing, and I hope to learn a thing or two). Aside from that, we plan on building the whole thing.
  • I have two crazy little dogs, a toy poodle named Harley, and a Yorkie we got just two years ago around Christmas time named Rockie.
  • I have been looking at buying a 3D printer lately, because I've found that they already have many practical uses. (Did you know you can buy a smaller one for $200 now? There's even a company making some that work a little differently that will cost only $100 when they come out.)

5] To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

18. Please avoid begging Staff to whitelist your friends without an application – if your friends wish to join our server, they must complete a whitelist application of their own.

6] And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

Cheese

dylanj2114

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:28 pm

dylanj2114 wrote:1] What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

dylanj2114

2] Please explain why you would like to join the Server.

I watched this server's advertisement on YouTube, and was impressed at how fun it made the server look. There were many games and buildings that I was quite impressed with, and can't wait to play them. I especially liked the part at the end with everyone on the server set at different heights for a picture. I looked at the Dynmap, and was thrilled to see many different cities, including a few builds I recognized from Dravic's server. I even found a few structures, including the big statues, from the video.

3] Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

I think I can have fun playing with others on this server, and hopefully  even help other people if they need it. I helped out a bit with some of the builds from Dravic's server, and will make absolutely no harm comes to them, or anything else on this server. If I do see anything wrong with them, I will let an Admin/Moderator know about it and do my best to help repair it.

4] Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

• I'm currently trying to learn basic Java programming in my free time, and hope to try and release a few mods for Minecraft, whether they are public or private, depends on how well I do.
  • I'm building a house about a mile out of town this summer. I'm only 15, but my family and I are the only ones building it. We'll have a plumber do the waterworks, and we may or may not hire an electrition. (My Dad knows what he's doing, and I hope to learn a thing or two). Aside from that, we plan on building the whole thing.
  • I have two crazy little dogs, a toy poodle named Harley, and a Yorkie we got just two years ago around Christmas time named Rockie.
  • I have been looking at buying a 3D printer lately, because I've found that they already have many practical uses. (Did you know you can buy a smaller one for $200 now? There's even a company making some that work a little differently that will cost only $100 when they come out.)

5] To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

18. Please avoid begging Staff to whitelist your friends without an application – if your friends wish to join our server, they must complete a whitelist application of their own.

6] And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

Cheese

Aha! See? Now THIS is how you do a whitelist application!
Good job! Like the mighty phoenix, you rose from the ashes into a brilliant fire bird with minimal fuss or muss, precisely the kind of person we rather have populating our server. Wink

Anyway, you're as good as whitelisted now, although I'll explain why...

Question #2: While I didn't tell you to replace what you wrote earlier with stuff regarding our server (but simply to add to it), it's still nice to see how thoroughly you've described ours. For at least six months we've been the thankless stewards of the old Dravics map, and it's a point of pride of ours that we protect something that was so cherished back in the day, and manifested so much creativity, despite the fact that many of us (including yours truly) had absolutely nothing to do with Dravics at all. I guess you could call it "art appreciation". So to have that recognized is very fulfilling, like a vindication of all my hard work

Question #3: Thank you, now this definitely sounds like you're prepared to be an active, or at least helpful, contributor to the preservation of our server, including its many historical heritage sites. Try to focus on working with Burger, Kee and Shadow while you're doing this, as I'm currently busy with newer regions, and besides they have more experience with the Old World. Razz

Question #4: Much much better.
The Java programming bit is fascinating and way more interesting than what you had before (seriously, how hard was it to mention this?!).
The further explanation regarding the house is also amazing -- I helped my family renovate our latest house, but never actually build one from scratch. Good luck to you, apprenctice. ;3
And yes, I've been fascinated by 3D printers -- and while usage is a bit above my head, I can definitely recognize these as being the future (especially printers that work with other alternate materials, such as glass, sand and metal).

Queestion #5: I forgot to point out earlier that those things in the Creed are NOT officially rules. There are technically no "rules" on this server, and that's on purpose because rules are meant to be broken. In contrast, Rights are privileges that benefit one, and Responsibilities are offered by one to pay for said privileges -- in other words, the person himself (or herself) is made personally responsible for his/her conduct. It's a very subtle difference with far-reaching implications, and so far it's worked in creating a largey self-sufficient server (by Minecraft standards, anyway). ^^;

Question #6: Very good!

And there you have it! A perfect app! Congratulations, you dun make me proud.
Post a screenshot if you find your old home on Dravics. Wink
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by dylanj2114 Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks for giving me a second chance today. Unfortunately, I have to work for the rest of the day, but I'll be sure to play or tomorrow, or even today if I get the chance. Thanks again for being patient with me, I'll make sure you don't regret it. And I'll keep an eye out for my old place if I can remember where it's at, it's been awhile.

dylanj2114

Back to top Go down

Post by coacadile Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:53 pm

My username is coacadile12. I would like to apply for the whitelist server because i LOVE the gullivers mod and it would be twice the fun with multiplayer. I also want to join because it looks like the best modded server i've ever seen! I promise to be responsible on the server and follow any rules that come with it. Please consider allowing me to join this awesome server. Have a nice day Smile

FACTS:
*i always get along with other players
*i would help anybody if it is needed
*i don't spam the chat box
*i give advice to new people to servers
*i am never in a bad mood Smile

coacadile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Glitch Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:39 pm

coacadile wrote:My username is coacadile12. I would like to apply for the whitelist server because i LOVE the gullivers mod and it would be twice the fun with multiplayer. I also want to join because it looks like the best modded server i've ever seen! I promise to be responsible on the server and follow any rules that come with it. Please consider allowing me to join this awesome server. Have a nice day Smile

FACTS:
*i always get along with other players
*i would help anybody if it is needed
*i don't spam the chat box
*i give advice to new people to servers
*i am never in a bad mood Smile
Dear coacadile, I'm sorry, but it looks like part of your application is missing. Please re-read the directions and submit a new app.
The_Glitch
The_Glitch

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by coacadile Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:22 pm

(1)What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

coacadile12

(2)Please explain why you would like to join the Server.

I have played with this mod ever since it came out. I always wanted it to have a multiplayer server and now i finally found one. The trailer also looked amazing!the map looked very creative and fun.

(3)Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

I have had alot of experience with this mod and I beleive that I could help teach the new people how to use it correctly so you dont have constant questions in the chat box.

(4)Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

*I only trust google chrome as a web browser
*My favorite activity along with video games is fishing
*Xbox is my favorite console
*I LOVE horror movies
*My favorite dogs are chihuahuas

(5)To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

"You have the right to build a home of an appropriate scale [and make] in an unclaimed area."

(6)And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

"cheese"

Last edited by coacadile on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

coacadile

Back to top Go down

Post by mix787 Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:28 pm

What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

FusionFury787

I'm looking to just have some fun with others. I've used Gulliver and the Little blocks mod not to long ago and its pretty fun. I heard about this when i was looking up size altering mods and i think it's just a pretty amazing idea to be a little person among the giant world of minecraft! I chose this server because it has Gulliver + it looks like a fun community and i've been on many servers and im hoping the environment will be a bit more mature here and not just senseless trolling.

I love building on minecraft but i also love interacting with others and building. I'm a pretty friendly person so i have no problems getting along with others unless your attacking me of course. I enjoy helping others build and just having fun in a group.  The last point i'd like to make here is on my personality and i just wanna say that i don't let things get to me so easily meaning if i have a problem in real life or the game, i'm not going to come on and take it out on everyone.

-I'm a college student
-I'm into 3d modeling and things like that
-I'm an athlete as well (Screw stereotypes)
-I no longer believe in sleep O_O night owl is the best.
-I love fighting games.

"Please refrain from breaking and entering into another player's home without their consent"

Feel free to copy and paste it here, or paraphrase it from memory.  The most important thing to demonstrate is that you opened the document and read enough of it to pick one of the rights or responsibilities listed.  What you picked may be used to assess your personality, so choose wisely and feel free to explain your choice if you want.

It's the blood of our enemies... (Cheese)

Again, we just need to make sure you opened the guide and can find the answer to this very simple question.

mix787

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicago? Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:55 pm

WHOA LOOK AT THIS:

Good evening, sir or madam. I am Chicago from the Nigerian Oil Conglomerate of Nigeria and I am be reviewing your fine application today. I will be doing so in a step by step manner so as to either praise or mock specific parts so as to follow whitelisting procedure to its most proper. Please note that my word isn't final--I'm simply the odd-smelling homeless man who walks in behind you during your job interview and gives "two thumbs up" before being tackled by security.

Anyways: Your name is okay. It most certainly could be better. However, the matching capital letters earns you some extra points. Overall, I give this section an 8 out of 8 on an arbitrary scoring scale.

Onto the next section: I see you're looking to have fun. Fun is known to occur occasionally on our server, and it's good to see someone aware of its risks, though you do seem overconfident about it. It's also good to see that you're aware of our changing cultural climate and using non-inflammatory ways to describe the elevation-inclined. I can assure you this server has the capacity for fun, based primarily on community interactions, so you are indeed correct about that.

Next paragraph. You mention that you are a builder. While we do allow such activities on our server, please try to avoid having fun while doing so. We only pay for 128 KB of FUNwidth per month, so try to avoid using it all. In addition, our server very strongly discourages group fun. Such activities go against the beliefs of many players within our community. However, I'm willing to give you a pass on all of these faux pas due to your last point of mentioning you being a rational human being.

Onto your 5 facts. I can see that you're currently enrolled in higher education. Please refrain from this. Besides this, the remaining quartet of facts are untainted enough.

It is good to see that you are against home burglary. Perhaps we can share trap designs sometime and revel over the viscera of fallen intruders.

And you got the server currency correct. Bravo.

All in all, this is a decent application. You put in some length, which shows to me that we're worth your time. Your grammar can get a bit shaky at times, but it's honestly not unforgivable. Your formatting is the main thing I'd say I have a gripe with. At some points it gets a little tough to tell where the questions end and where "you" begin. Anyways, I'd say it's good enough to pass. You get my thumbs-up.
Chicago?
Chicago?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:03 am

I agree with the homeless man giving you the thumbs up... the app has some moderate formatting and grammar issues, but it's certainly salvageable. I would say this "barely" lets you pass, so you can definitely join, but don't expect any high expectations from me. Razz

Whitelist recommendation approved, I will add you shortly.

Also, Coacadile, my other Deputy is reviewing your whitelist, so please stand by.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Miisaka Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:29 am

coacadile wrote:(1)What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

coacadile12

(2)Please explain why you would like to join the Server.

I have played with this mod ever since it came out. I always wanted it to have a multiplayer server and now i finally found a server. The trailer also looked amazing!the map looked very creative and fun.

(3)Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

I have had alot of experience with this mod and I beleive that I could help teach the new people how to use it correctly so you dont have constant questions in the chat box.

(4)Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

*I only trust google chrome as a web browser
*My favorite activity along with video games is fishing
*Xbox is my favorite console
*I LOVE horror movies
*My favorite dogs are chihuahuas

(5)To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

"You have the right to build a home of an appropriate scale [and make] in an unclaimed area."

(6)And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

"cheese"

Hello Coacadile12, nice to see that you've fixed up your app. I'm Miisaka, the one who will review your application to determine if you are Big Sister material. Anyway, let's jump right into the review.

==================

Question 1: No problems here

Question 2: Ah so a veteran to the mod? That's good to know, must be interesting to see it evolve overtime. I can definitely agree that there is a difference between the multiplayer and single player experience for Gulliver. I'm glad you looked at our trailer and map, there are probably other servers around but you've explained what you see in us specifically ^^

Also curious to know, what is it you love about the mod?

Question 3:
Hmm, it's nice to help out newcomers with this mod but I'd like to know a little more. After you help them figure stuff out, what are you going to do afterwards? We want you to have fun while also helping others, but you must have another reason for wanting to join in on the Gulliver multiplayer experience. Do you like to build, chat, explore at different sizes, explore our world in general, etc.

We want to know how else you would like to contribute here. Little tidbits about your personality also don't hurt, we love to know more about the people we're whitelisting.

Question 4: Okay, onto the facts. They seem a bit varied which is good, but at the same time some of these facts are rather generic and don't separate you from others. I want you to add more to them, make these simple statements really yours.

Fact 1: Okay, but why? I mean I can understand this during the days of internet explorer, but was there a specific experience which made you feel this way? I personally don't feel this fact is interesting or really tells us about you, but you're free to keep it if you build more off it.

Fact 2: Ah fishing, that seems relaxing and quite a test of patience. How long have you been fishing? How often do you do it? Catch anything interesting before?

Fact 3: We have a few people who probably also like xbox, do you have any favorite games or the likes from them?

Fact 4: Horror movies are quite popular, I like a few of them myself but it really depends on my taste. As an avid watcher of horror movies, perhaps you can tell us some of your favorites?

Fact 5: Ah chihuahuas, those old taco bell dogs are always in the back of my mind when I think of them XD Safe to say you like dogs, do you have one yourself?

Question 5: Nice choice, assuming you like to build?

Question 6: Correct

==================

Your organization isn't too bad. Some little things like the use of parenthesis for separation between numbers if a little iffy, but it's not too distracting. Question 3 and 4 are the main things holding you back though, so I can't recommend you for a whitelist just yet. However, feel free to resubmit your application after some tweaking and I'll review it again.
Miisaka
Miisaka

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by coacadile Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:50 am

(1)  What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

coacadile12

(2)  Please explain why you would like to join the Server.

I have played with this mod ever since it came out. I always wanted it to have a multiplayer server and now i finally found a server. The trailer also looked amazing!the map looked very creative and fun.

(3)  Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.

I have had a lot of experience with this mod and I believe that I could help teach the new people how to use it correctly so you don't have constant questions in the chat box. I also get along real well with other players. My friends tell me that I am really good at stopping their arguments. Thats another thing I can help with.

(4)  Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.

*I only trust google chrome as a web browser because it blocks malicious malware.
*My favorite activity along with video games is fishing, I have been fishing for 5 years (mostly with my uncle).
*Xbox is my favorite console, favorite game is watch_dogs.
*I LOVE horror movies, my most prefered is insidious or The Conjuring.
*My favorite dogs are chihuahuas, I have two, one has black fur and one has blond fur.

(5)  To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

"You have the right to build a home of an appropriate scale [and make] in an unclaimed area."

I chose this because I love to build.

(6)  And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.

"cheese"

P.S (thank you Miisaka for helping me correct my mistakes, now that I looked back at it I can really see the missing information  Very Happy )

coacadile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next