Big Sister Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» BAN THE PERSON ABOVE YOU
Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:02 am by Spookster

» Yep, it's about Gulliver.
Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:17 pm by bryceio

» The Future of Pochi
Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:44 pm by Spookster

» Whitelisting Applications
Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 am by Spookster

» Building up Kakariko Village
Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 pm by bryceio

» Whitelist Application Troubles
Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm by monica4

» Whitelist Applications - Archive 3
Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 2:03 pm by Spookster

» Name changing warning
Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:10 am by Oo_ProHunterz_oO

» FML error help
Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 10:37 pm by bryceio

Whitelist Applications - Archive 3

+121
RainbowDoggy23
Tomtanium
Spookster
ThWolfGirlGamer
Oonicorn
Vaughndp
Jams
TheHylianWizard
BurgerWarrior
superjo98
Kiddon
Sharkstooth18
henry979
dogdad14
DarthHypnos
Overlord5591
TomQuixote
MR_HEY
airboardgaming
The_Glitch
NicoCraftGZ
AllistairC
Grumm
korallkarlsson
HanChi
Morganafreeman
Jazzy_Robot
GameMaster
AB6
Vard_Vasq
cocoface9155
Licksthejury
tutu_gamers
Eggy294
DERPYOP
RyleyTheCreator
SAGERRETT GAMING
Lomgren
Tylordian
BarkingKat55
Colonel_Slothy
Okinaru
SuperSonicFan411
pepsi
Fantastic Guy
ThrashCetchum12
AsfJerden
ilcalmissimo
titch_log
LegitMudkip03
EvilEnderWiz13
DragonCider
firemanevan
Dictator360
Walter Giulio
Cool Ella
Asonja_Masenko
Airforce101
Benner2880
Kadan8
ZakhepTheFox
McZachy
Baste
OnlyJesse
astronaut32
Beash
Dr-ObiwanRyan
Pazlin
nothimagain
Stank34
AkioPlaysMc
Copey
wade wilson
PTpirahna
Little_mack
FlowerFaerie
Bernardo05Craft
dancem9
Neon12134
cutiepiesweetpea
Kumaryk
Ninjaminer2017
Danzo_175
Hemaris
Ricktyna
pilotofsomething
DJCOOL2008
Kamkut1337
sazzlepopz
Flammole
ZzSuperZz
NeverAlive12
nvm99
forestcraft1999
DonaldDeDuck
Scatt_man77
Mimi
Jordan0725
iFan
AssassinEevee
flashgnash
Spitfire
SFPT
ekkapekka
TheEnderSorcerer
Cris Blu
a4955
thepug36
ExplodingTonyTNT
Hurricaneike123
Cordelia
Crono_Z
KaCii
Justin5467T
AgencyDrone
_torchlit_
oreojames
Kerii
Fear
FlareStar
IEatCupcakes
125 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Whitelist Applications - Archive 3

Post by HanChi Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Jammy wrote:
Stank34's Application #2:

Yay!
Okay back to the questions we had problems with!

Q2)
Yay! That gives us a little more insight. Well done!

Q3)
Congrats! You've mastered the basic ability of writing about how you can benefit others! You've written enough! I hope you don't use redstone clocks too much in your redstone contraption doodas. x3

Q4)
You could've expanded on a few more of these points but I'm pretty sure this is okay!

I do recommend this application for whitelist.. You seem to have good intentions and would enjoy playing on here a lot and as far as I know we could somewhat benefit from your company!

And approved! You are whitelisted now Stank! Very Happy

HanChi

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Lazy
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Whitelist Applications - Archive 3

Post by Ciabatta Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:10 am

HannahChi wrote:
dancem9 wrote:I don't know if you know but I redid my application, also sorry to bother you guys.

Would you mind reposting your application so we can see it please? Smile

Thank you
Agreed, I seem to recall telling Dance to repost his application, and he didn't quite listen to me, perhaps expecting that we would go back to view his edited application....

https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t27p450-whitelist-applications#14577

He should re-review my old post so he understands why this is necessary, and can go ahead and repost his application if he is still interested in joining.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta Sylvia
Personality Trait: Busy
Character Description:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 Empty Whitelist Application

Post by Sashakin Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Username: Sashakin IGN: Female

Because being on this server would be a lot of fun for me. The Gulliver mod has always interested me and I would like to join because I've never done it with other players.

Skills and talents: Building, Roleplaying and Listening
Experience: Played on Minecraft for 3 years
Personality: Funny, Friendly, Focused

You can difference me by my style and positivity and how I'm curious and very friendly to other players

If Tiny you have the right to carve a home within Spawnington, its sewers, or its various hovels, so long as the outward appearances of the aforementioned are not altered

Cheese
Sashakin
Sashakin

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Sashakingames wrote:1.
Username: Sashakin IGN: Female

Because being on this server would be a lot of fun for me. The Gulliver mod has always interested me and I would like to join because I've never done it with other players.

Skills and talents: Building, Roleplaying and Listening
Experience: Played on Minecraft for 3 years
Personality: Funny, Friendly, Focused

You can difference me by my style and positivity and how I'm curious and very friendly to other players

If Tiny you have the right to carve a home within Spawnington, its sewers, or its various hovels, so long as the outward appearances of the aforementioned are not altered

Cheese

Hey, let's get straight to business.

I rarely, if ever, address people's IGN when it comes to applications... but yours is as clear as mud to me. Is your IGN 'Sashakin IGN: Female'? Or is it Sashakin? Or is it Female? Why did you format your IGN like this? @~@

Next, your reason to join is literally just that we use the Gulliver mod. Considering there's a whole lot more to our server than just the Gulliver mod, you need to address at least one other part of our server (be it the community, mini-games, etc.) that actually intrigues you. Otherwise, you'll probably just leave us when another Gulliver server pops up on your radar.

Please format your next answer as a paragraph, though. And, you know, make it at least the minimum length of 60 words, please. It's just a skeleton right now.

Your five 'random' facts, frankly, look like they belong in the previous answer.

However, you managed to correctly name our currency and quote a Right/Responsibility from our Creed. Congrats.

Overall, though, your application is way below our minimal standard. You're going to need to put a lot of work into this to get it into proper shape, though I've given you all the guidelines you need to do so. Whether you end up getting whitelisted depends entirely on your ability to read and follow those... not to mention your own sheer will to join. If you lack that, I wish you luck in finding another server.

If you have it, though, I wish you luck with your next application. ^^
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by wade wilson Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:57 pm

1)mylittlewhovian
2)i want to join the server because I am bored with run off the day normal Minecraft I mean come on have you ever gotten bored of exploring the same cave over and over again I almost gave up on normal minecraft then I found Uncle Mion’s Gulliver mod. I can’t keep this mod to myself even if I wanted to. please consider me because i like the way the rules aren't to strict or loose. i love the way it looks in the pictures.
3)i don’t know if I can make 60 words for what I am good for but I can mine, I can snipe, I can sword fight a horde of zombies if there’s room for it, build quality and quantity houses fast i can give great insight on if and how we could do stuff, and i am good at building when i know what to have.
4)a. I am a brony because good fandom, good show, great story, great characters, amazing villains
b. I am at my best at sniping in minecraft because i can easily hit far away enemies.
c. I enjoy dead pool because it is hard to explain between all the 4th wall breaking and his Unpredictability but he is a cool mercenary
d. I am a HUGE whovian because of the story, time travel,speeches,explosions,good characters,daleks, and feels.
e. I have a dark and light sense of humor for example i could laugh at a drunk driving sketch in family guy and then laugh at something from loony tunes.
5) You have the right to take the contents of any chest predesignated as a Donation Bin, such as the
Spawnington Villager Church donation bins at the global spawn point

6) cheese “sponge” blue cheese “lapis lazuli”

Last edited by wade wilson on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : failed 1st take)

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait:
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by BurgerWarrior Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:11 pm

wade wilson wrote:1)mylittlewhovian
2)i want to join the server because I am bored with run off the day normal Minecraft I mean come on have you ever gotten bored of exploring the same cave over and over again I almost gave up on normal minecraft then I found Uncle Mion’s Gulliver mod. I can’t keep this mod to myself even if I wanted to. please consider me because i like the way the rules aren't to strict or loose. i love the way it looks in the pictures.
3)i don’t know if I can make 60 words for what I am good for but I can mine, I can snipe, I can sword fight a horde of zombies if there’s room for it, build quality  and quantity houses fast i can give great insight on if and how we could do stuff, and i am good at building when i know what to have.
4)a. I am a brony because good fandom, good show, great story, great characters, amazing villains
 b. I am at my best at sniping in minecraft because i can easily hit far away enemies.
 c. I enjoy dead pool because it is hard to explain between all the 4th wall breaking and his Unpredictability but he is a cool mercenary
 d. I am a HUGE whovian because of the story, time travel,speeches,explosions,good characters,daleks, and feels.
 e. I have a dark and light sense of humor for example i could laugh at a drunk driving sketch in family guy and then laugh at something from loony tunes.
5) You have the right to take the contents of any chest predesignated as a Donation Bin, such as the
Spawnington Villager Church donation bins at the global spawn point

6) cheese “sponge” blue cheese “lapis lazuli”

Last edited by wade wilson on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : failed 1st take)

Well... you improved. Congratulations.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough, and not all in the right places. Your random facts are solid, now, but your reason to join is only marginally better than before, as is your coverage of your personality.

I say this because your personality is still scarcely covered, and you literally added one sentence to your reason to join: that you like the pictures about our server.

Nothing about the huge variety of minigames, the community, or... anything else. Just a single, brief sentence about pictures looking nice.

I strongly suggest you find videos about our server, because those will definitely give you the look into our server life you're apparently lacking. Also, please try to write something about yourself in terms of personality, for your answer to question three.

If you can sort those two issues out, you shoouuld be good to go. Good luck.
BurgerWarrior
BurgerWarrior

RP Character Sheet
Name: Orphan Warrior
Personality Trait: Laid-Back
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jams Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:33 pm

Copey's Applicaton:

Helloooo! My turn to re-review your application!
Let's go over the rocky bits!

4: 1- Yup!
   2- Well done! You expanded on your original point ^^.
   3- Interesting =0!
   4- Much better!
   5- Hopefully you won't have to put that skill into action on our server.

5: Makes sense! And you explained as Hannah asked!

I recommend this application for whitelist.
Everything's been checked and okay!
Jams
Jams

RP Character Sheet
Name: Jammy
Personality Trait: Fiery
Character Description:

http://thistotallyexists.com/notreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:19 pm

Thank you Jammy!  Approved!  Welcome aboard! ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by nothimagain Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:18 am

Username: Youdidnseethiscoming-MamaLuigi

I would never want to join this sever! Ciaś too tough, Jammy makes fun of me and burger just wants to eat everybody he can get his hands on!

What i'm good at doing? Not sure. I accidentally covered up a town with a building if that's a skill. I enjoy annoying Radda, but i love the kid so its not that big of a deal. I wish I could annoy Cia more, but unfortunately she became un-annoyable a long time ago. I killed a man with this thumb. Im good at getting online after a ḿonth and then leaving again. That's about it..

This server runs on 100%, purely smelly, utterly disgusting, yellow, orange, blue, green and black watermelon.

P.S

Radda, start talking to me on steam more..

Wink Wink Wink Wink

Just messing with yall. Luv ya tho. Except for the last part. Talk to me radda. Im bored 90% of the time im online.
nothimagain
nothimagain

RP Character Sheet
Name: Ciabatta1
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pazlin Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:05 pm

Uhm... I don't know if this a joke...?

With my miserably terrible memory, and with the name "MamaLuigi"... Yeah, I shouldn't be too serious about this. ^^;

Don't worry, everyone needs time to stay away from stuffs, even this server. If you feel bored, take a rest, play some other games, do some other fun activities, we're always here to support you whenever you need. <:3
Pazlin
Pazlin

RP Character Sheet
Name: Alex/Paz/Pazzy
Personality Trait: Loyal
Character Description:

http://pazlin.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:41 pm

nothimagain wrote:Username: Youdidnseethiscoming-MamaLuigi

I would never want to join this sever! Ciaś too tough, Jammy makes fun of me and burger just wants to eat everybody he can get his hands on!

What i'm good at doing? Not sure. I accidentally covered up a town with a building if that's a skill. I enjoy annoying Radda, but i love the kid so its not that big of a deal. I wish I could annoy Cia more, but unfortunately she became un-annoyable a long time ago. I killed a man with this thumb. Im good at getting online after a ḿonth and then leaving again. That's about it..

This server runs on 100%, purely smelly, utterly disgusting, yellow, orange, blue, green and black watermelon.

P.S

Radda, start talking to me on steam more..

Wink Wink Wink Wink

Just messing with yall. Luv ya tho. Except for the last part. Talk to me radda. Im bored 90% of the time im online.
Oh lol... Says the person who's never on Steam.  xD

I'm still waiting for follow-up... A lot of what you asked me requires regular monitoring, and not just a one-time Q&A. Don't fail to plan, otherwise you're just planning to fail!  >v<
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 Empty Re: Whitelist Applications

Post by Dr-ObiwanRyan Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:56 pm

my in-game name is ObiwanRyan

the reason i want to join this server is because i do like the mod, but its more fun with others, ive always wanted to join the server, but until now i did not understand how.

i do like to help others and i do like to build, and let my creativity out through that, and i just cant wait to see all the great players on the server!

.i like to be helpful
.i love to build
.i have ADHD and Asperger's syndrome
.i have a windows 10 Intel computer
.and i have 2 dog, Champ and Tiana

this is the right i liked alot! "If tiny, you have the right to carve a home within spawnington, its sewers, or its various hovels, so long as the outward appearance of the aforementioned structures are not altered."

and the official server currency is Cheese
tasty tasty cheese.

if i missed anything please let me know if i have the allowance to redo the application, if not, then i understand.

Dr-ObiwanRyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pazlin Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:12 pm

Uhm... I really want to give you some advices, but I feel like I shouldn't be interfering this thread too much... Considering I'm just a member...

Still, Uhm, I hope you can extend the answer 2 and 3, since they're "ideally between 60-90 words". ^v^;

Anyway, I feel like I should leave the rest to the reviewer. Good luck on getting into the server, I commend your respectful attitude!
Pazlin
Pazlin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by PTpirahna Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:23 pm

Yes I've always wondered, if I can give advice like this to the applicant, can I just do that as a non-staff?
PTpirahna
PTpirahna

RP Character Sheet
Name: ???
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pazlin Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:51 pm

Well, I did that before, but I feel like I shouldn't do it too often. ^^;
Pazlin
Pazlin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 pm

Players can do citizen reviews so long as they keep it fairly short, specify that they're not staff members (and really hammer it out), and that this is all just personal opinion or friendly advice based on your own experience and understanding (and not on any actual guidelines -- staff members get access to whitelist review documentation, believe it or not).  Razz

In short, do not confuse the applicant into thinking they're whitelisted or not.  If previous citizen reviews were chastised before, it was always because the player overstepped his bounds, and started confusing or setting false expectations for the players based on his own assumptions.
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Beash Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:47 pm

1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
My username on Minecraft is Beash. I do not plan on changing it in the near future.

2) Please explain why you would like to join the Server.
I’ve been looking for something different. After watching your video, I saw how diverse the server is. It has old school games, with a twist to them. I also love the roleplay aspect ( I like roleplay a lot. ). The different sizes would really mix up my roleplay, and I like shaking it up. I also like how you can express yourself with your own builds. The community also looks very friendly.

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
I am fifteen years old, but I am mature when it is needed. I can build fairly well, but I mostly build old-fashioned homes and such on this medieval server I play on. I’d say my building skills are fairly well since I’ve had Minecraft for a few years. I am also (in my opinion) good at roleplaying, and I have on that same medieval server, roleplaying, for 2 and a half years.

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
- I love medieval builds/roleplay. I like the fact of building old fashioned houses with straw roofs and wooden walls, while not having futuristic builds.
- I have 13 cats. ( And no, I am not a crazy cat person, many were born in my barn. )
- I work at a farmer’s market in the summer.
- I own a desktop Mac, Chromebook (school), Iphone 6, Ipad Mini, and PS4.
- I like to hunt. I’ve been on hunting trips to British Columbia for wolves and mountain lion.

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

4. Please refrain from asking players and Staff for frequent favors and gifts – self-sufficiency and
independence are virtues. | - I like this responsibility because it makes you have to rely on yourself, with a little bit of a help from others.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
The official currency of the server is cheese.
Beash
Beash

RP Character Sheet
Name: Marcus Manston
Personality Trait: Impulsive
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spookster Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:44 pm

Beash wrote:1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?
My username on Minecraft is Beash. I do not plan on changing it in the near future.

I’ve been looking for something different. After watching your video, I saw how diverse the server is. It has old school games, with a twist to them. I also love the roleplay aspect ( I like roleplay a lot. ). The different sizes would really mix up my roleplay, and I like shaking it up. I also like how you can express yourself with your own builds. The community also looks very friendly.

3) Please explain how your talents, skills, experience, personality traits, and aspirations can help contribute positively to our server.
I am fifteen years old, but I am mature when it is needed. I can build fairly well, but I mostly build old-fashioned homes and such on this medieval server I play on. I’d say my building skills are fairly well since I’ve had Minecraft for a few years. I am also (in my opinion) good at roleplaying, and I have on that same medieval server, roleplaying, for 2 and a half years.

4) Please list five random facts about yourself that can help differentiate you from other players.
- I love medieval builds/roleplay. I like the fact of building old fashioned houses with straw roofs and wooden walls, while not having futuristic builds.
- I have 13 cats. ( And no, I am not a crazy cat person, many were born in my barn. )
- I work at a farmer’s market in the summer.
- I own a desktop Mac, Chromebook (school), Iphone 6, Ipad Mini, and PS4.
- I like to hunt. I’ve been on hunting trips to British Columbia for wolves and mountain lion.

5) To ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities on our server, please read the Novice's Creed, and write down one right or responsibility that you enjoy the most.

4. Please refrain from asking players and Staff for frequent favors and gifts – self-sufficiency and
independence are virtues. | - I like this responsibility because it makes you have to rely on yourself, with a little bit of a help from others.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide  please write down the name of the official server currency.
The official currency of the server is cheese.

Hello there Beash! I'm Spook and I'll be the one reviewing your application! Lets get to it!

Q2: Nice and simple answer! Yay! And you also watched our trailer!

Q3: Ooh medieval themed! That does sound cool!

Q4

A While a bit minecraft related I think this fact is still acceptable ^^ Medieval themed things look awesome!
B Meow!
C That's cool!
D Cool!
E Ooh hunting!

Q5 Awesome choice! And you explained it too! Great job!

Q6 Correct!

Verdict: Good job! You definatly passed! And although a few facts are a bit short or Minecraft related, the rest makes up for it! Congratultions! I will be whitelisting you shortly!
Spookster
Spookster
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Name:
Personality Trait: Energetic
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Whitelist Applications - Archive 3 - Page 10 Empty foodice11, whitelist application

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:38 pm

1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

foodice11

I've been messing around with the Gulliver mod installed a bunch lately, and was curious about its survival mode experience. I am terribly bored of single player (apart from the massive terrafirmacraft mod) and decided to look for a server. I picked this server because it looked well run, was the first Gulliver server I came across, and it evidently has a good community. Also there were few Gulliver servers of this quality that were up to date (I found none).

I generally try to help others and offer my skills when they are asked. I am just fine with redstone. I'm mature in that I am willing to forgive and let go of issues that are passed. I only seek revenge in good sport or for roll-play. I do seek to avoid creating a bad experience for other players. I like to roll-play, I'm not great, but I enjoy it (I'm usually bad at improv). Broken rivers in Minecraft bother me. A lot. I might go on a digging spree and dig out dry sections of river biomes and fill them with water (still respecting territory mind you).

• I like to play TRPGs like Dungeons & Dragons.
• I watch Anime on a regular basis. (1-2 episodes a day on average)
• I have a strong interest in linguistics, have memorized most of the IPA, and have a list of languages to learn before I die.
• I believe there are exceptions to everything with few exceptions.
• I avoid eating red meat often, especially pork and beef. However, I will always eat pasta stroganoff which I could not live without.

"If Tiny, you have the right to carve a home within Spawnington, its sewers, or its various hovels, so long as the outward appearance of the aforementioned structures are not altered." I find this exceedingly amusing, And will probably take at least temporary residence in such a mouse hole.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide please write down the name of the official server currency.

"Cheese" -sponges, and "Blue cheese" -lapis lazuli blocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:46 pm

foodice11 wrote:1) What is your Minecraft username (or "IGN")?

foodice11

I've been messing around with the Gulliver mod installed a bunch lately, and was curious about its survival mode experience. I am terribly bored of single player (apart from the massive terrafirmacraft mod) and decided to look for a server. I picked this server because it looked well run, was the first Gulliver server I came across, and it evidently has a good community. Also there were few Gulliver servers of this quality that were up to date (I found none).

I generally try to help others and offer my skills when they are asked. I am just fine with redstone. I'm mature in that I am willing to forgive and let go of issues that are passed. I only seek revenge in good sport or for roll-play. I do seek to avoid creating a bad experience for other players. I like to roll-play, I'm not great, but I enjoy it (I'm usually bad at improv). Broken rivers in Minecraft bother me. A lot. I might go on a digging spree and dig out dry sections of river biomes and fill them with water (still respecting territory mind you).

• I like to play TRPGs like Dungeons & Dragons.
• I watch Anime on a regular basis. (1-2 episodes a day on average)
• I have a strong interest in linguistics, have memorized most of the IPA, and have a list of languages to learn before I die.
• I believe there are exceptions to everything with few exceptions.
• I avoid eating red meat often, especially pork and beef. However, I will always eat pasta stroganoff which I could not live without.

"If Tiny, you have the right to carve a home within Spawnington, its sewers, or its various hovels, so long as the outward appearance of the aforementioned structures are not altered." I find this exceedingly amusing, And will probably take at least temporary residence in such a mouse hole.

6) And finally, to confirm that you read the Big Sister Server Quick Guide please write down the name of the official server currency.

"Cheese" -sponges, and "Blue cheese" -lapis lazuli blocks
Why hello Foodice,

Somehow I REALLY love your name!  [couldn't be that I LOVE food, naaah] XD
Anyway, my staff is M.I.A. or busy studying, so I'll review your application.  ^^

QUESTION 2:
Ah, thank you for that, that's a very flattering lead-in to our server.  I'm glad you tried researching others, although because of the age of 1.6.4, other Gulliver servers are now either rare or entirely extinct.  TBH, whereas last year a thorough Google Search lead to at least one or two other active mini servers, now I can't find any.  It could very well be that we truly are all that's left now, but I won't officially proclaim that since it would be unfair to the occasional upstarts that try. ^^

We do seem to have ways to combat boredom however, as evidenced by the fact that we still find ways to hang around in a very obsolete version of Minecraft (the power of socializing!). It also helps that we've imported a LOT of terrain from other mods and later versions of Minecraft, so if you're dying to play through the Twilight Forest, we have the next best thing. ^^

QUESTION 3:
Oooh! You almost fell into the trap of saying "imma mach00r", but thankfully you followed up with a very explanatory "in that..." which describes exactly how you could be considered mature. That is a good gift to have, as some young people (and even some old ones) can't seem to let go of a grudge.  Wink

Did you mean roll-play or roleplay?  I can imagine roll-playing as being stuck inside a giant bread roll and being rolled down the hill... oh, what fun!  XD

Oh nice, me too!!! We have a long spiraling river in Spawnington (our server capital) called the Spawnington River which, up until 8 months ago, ended into the side of a ditch just shy of a large sea.  not wanting to give this such an unceremonious end, I dredged out an extension that would connect Spawnington river into this sea, and VOILA!!  It's perfect now, and you could literally raft from the swamplands of the south, up to the pirate-infested seas of the north [relative to Spawnington at least]! I also REALLY HATE when paths are built directly on water... my philosophy is that if you're going to build a path over water, invest some time to make a cool bridge or at least an obvious dam... something to prevent the uninterrupted flow of water!  ^.^

QUESTION 4:
- Oh cool, we just whitelisted someone not too long ago that was another table-topper, you two could chat. ^^

- If I had a dime for every person who's an anime fan here. XD

- For the uninitiated, IPA stands for the International Phonetic Alphabet... 

http://www.antimoon.com/how/pronunc-soundsipa.htm

Yay knowledge!!! XD

- Errr... what happened here?  A vague fact in a sea of interesting ones, aww. By its nature, something with even "few" exceptions already has exceptions, so it's kinda redundant.  :<

- hehehe, given my studies, that sounds more like cause and effect. XD
Luckily, you can still get a lot of great nutrition by eating a healthy variety of animals, plants, bacteria and fungi that doesn't necessarily include ruminant meat (sources of red meat, such as cows, sheep, goats, bison, water buffalo, deer, elk, moose, reindeer, yak, etc).  Granted, omitting grass-finished red meat (including organ meat) deprives you of some very helpful nutrition not found in feed-lot meats, such as decent omega-3 content and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), but it's not a show-stopper as you can get these from other things as well (including grass-fed milk and dairy products). 

Oh, and pigs are omnivores so they don't technically have red meat... their meat is a lot higher in omega-6 fatty acids even if the pigs are pasture-raised, so you definitely don't want to eat it ALL the time if your diet isn't already balanced, heh. XD 

QUESTION 5:
Oh phew... this is actually considered the worst Right that we use to catch nefarious people... but you saved yourself with that adorable follow-up explaining your choice.  Very good!  ^^

QUESTION 6:  
And fantastic!  ^^

VERDICT: 
Well aside from that odd Question 4 fact about Exceptions, everything else honestly impresses me.  You did a very good job with this, and were very patient waiting for a review, and I think you should be rewarded for your efforts.

Welcome aboard!  Smile
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by astronaut32 Sun May 01, 2016 8:33 pm

hello all,
i submitted an application a very long time ago,and sadly,i was not accepted. i stumbled upon this forum when cleaning through my old browsing history.
i really have wanted to find a minecraft server for a while where i would be accepted. i love to mod minecraft. and without further delay,lets get to it!

1. my IGN is astronaut32

2. I stumbled upon a gulliver mod when i was younger when i was browsing planetminecraft, about 8 years of age. I begged my father(who is a skilled computer programmer) to install this into my game, and he said he was busy.
I eventually learned to install things myself by trial-and-error. I have wanted to find a server where i can be myself and meet people with similar interests. many server's players reject people who are different. i want to be somewhere where i can do what i want within reason,and not be met with a bombardment of insults and rude questions.
when i found this server,i felt that because the server was whitelisted,it would be more secure from people who were not very polite. also,i love to roleplay. i am super smart with computers (note:i can't fix the blue screen of death,sorry.) and i am very determined when i want to do something.

3. my personality is extremely unusual,and i think i would contribute by assisting others within the community with miscellanious problems. i once convinced a friend that they were not worthless! when i heard about this thought,i felt extremely worried. i wanted to keep my friends happy,and i take friend matters into my own hands when people feel negative emotions.
i feel like it is my job,as a living,human being, to assist others in their lives. i have felt this instinct rush into my heart multiple times. i feel as if a person's actions towards others define who they are. humans are social beings,we should not always disagree,or agree. we are all unique and diverse. with that being said, combining efforts of multiple people produce more and more of an advantage when a problem arises.

4.here is my list:
i am a dual citizen between the U.S and Canada,and that thought empowers me to think outside the box.
i believe that what's inside matters. never judge a book by it's cover.
i am more liberal politically,and i renounce violence unless absolutely neccissary.
i like to write creatively,and i express this by writing fanfiction.
i want to become a dermatologist, or another medical field occupation, when i am old enough to get one.

5. "You have the right to report, with evidence, any crimes committed against you or your property, or those belonging to a neighbor, Veteran player, or another Novice player."
i like this because i feel a sense of order within the server society with this rule enacted. if this rule never existed,i feel the server would plunge into chaos! this makes me feel as if i have some moderatory power within the server! but with power,comes responsibility. i respect this rule,and will never abuse it!

6. Cheese!
Very Happy
astronaut32
astronaut32

RP Character Sheet
Name: Raven
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun May 01, 2016 8:56 pm

To the staff that reviews Astronaut's app, here is a link to his original application from last year:

https://bigsister.forumotion.com/t27p25-whitelist-applications#12044
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sat May 07, 2016 5:09 pm

astronaut32 wrote:hello all,
i submitted an application a very long time ago,and sadly,i was not accepted. i stumbled upon this forum when cleaning through my old browsing history.
i really have wanted to find a minecraft server for a while where i would be accepted. i love to mod minecraft. and without further delay,lets get to it!

1. my IGN is astronaut32

2. I stumbled upon a gulliver mod when i was younger when i was browsing planetminecraft, about 8 years of age. I begged my father(who is a skilled computer programmer) to install this into my game, and he said he was busy.
I eventually learned to install things myself by trial-and-error. I have wanted to find a server where i can be myself and meet people with similar interests. many server's players reject people who are different. i want to be somewhere where i can do what i want within reason,and not be met with a bombardment of insults and rude questions.
when i found this server,i felt that because the server was whitelisted,it would be more secure from people who were not very polite. also,i love to roleplay. i am super smart with computers (note:i can't fix the blue screen of death,sorry.) and i am very determined when i want to do something.

3. my personality is extremely unusual,and i think i would contribute by assisting others within the community with miscellanious problems. i once convinced a friend that they were not worthless! when i heard about this thought,i felt extremely worried. i wanted to keep my friends happy,and i take friend matters into my own hands when people feel negative emotions.
i feel like it is my job,as a living,human being, to assist others in their lives. i have felt this instinct rush into my heart multiple times. i feel as if a person's actions towards others define who they are. humans are social beings,we should not always disagree,or agree. we are all unique and diverse. with that being said, combining efforts of multiple people produce more and more of an advantage when a problem arises.

4.here is my list:
i am a dual citizen between the U.S and Canada,and that thought empowers me to think outside the box.
i believe that what's inside matters. never judge a book by it's cover.
i am more liberal politically,and i renounce violence unless absolutely neccissary.
i like to write creatively,and i express this by writing fanfiction.
i want to become a dermatologist, or another medical field occupation, when i am old enough to get one.

5. "You have the right to report, with evidence, any crimes committed against you or your property, or those belonging to a neighbor, Veteran player, or another Novice player."
i like this because i feel a sense of order within the server society with this rule enacted. if this rule never existed,i feel the server would plunge into chaos! this makes me feel as if i have some moderatory power within the server! but with power,comes responsibility. i respect this rule,and will never abuse it!

6. Cheese!
Very Happy
Hello Astronaut,

Well seeing as how no one has gotten to your app yet in over a week, I guess I'll save my points and just review you myself. Wink
Anyway, the option existed to resubmit your application at the time (although admittedly Liz probably neglected to do so, or was simply put off by the brevity of your old app), but in either case you chose to wait almost a year to try again.  Hopefully this time around we see some great improvements. ^^

QUESTION 2:
We do like our players to be independent, yes, that's a great trait.  There's nothing worse than spending time to whitelist a user, and then have him/her beg for help to have the mod reinstalled... many such would-be users get their whitelists rescinded for that.  I trust you won't fall in this bucket.  Wink

I will however point out that while we do try to be tolerable of other people with cultural, religious or ideological reasons, we definitely have to do so within reason and not expose our server's inhabitants to undo harm just because someone claims the "right" to be rude, lewd, crude or otherwise hurtful.  You haven't offered much detail as to "how" you're different, so I have no basis of knowing whether the "insuts or rude questions" you experienced before were legitimately harmful to you, or a defensive response to some socially-unacceptable conduct.  I definitely need more information from you here.

Also note that a whitelist does NOT guarantee politeness... sure, we encourage politeness, but we also allow some wiggle room for things like jokes and banter and even some swearing, just because we also recognize that everyone is human and also that everyone needs to develop some nerves of steel for real world interaction, as not everything will be sanitized.  If you come here expecting almost worshipful-benevolence to you with no preconditions, you'll be in for a real shock.  You have to come here expecting average (or above-average players), and also with the expectation that if you want to be treated politely, you have to earn that politeness.  It will also help if you do a little more research into our server, since I don't get a feeling that you know what you're getting yourself into -- you're basing your will to join us on your own assumptions about what we are, but is that true?  Have you looked at other reviews?  Have you watched our trailer?  Have you seen our Dynmap?  Have you read our creeds?  Are you prepared to commit to a server like this?  This is not a place to "stumble" into, you have to want to join us, and I have to see that determination.  

As for being super smart with computers, that's purely subjective... and that really belongs in question 3 anyway.  Don't need blue screens of death fixed, however, as I don't use Windows and none of my Linux systems have ever crashed like that before (well, unless I intentionally caused it to, heh).  ;P

QUESTION 3:
Again, judging personalities is subjective, so we'll be the judge as to whether your personality is unusual or not.  Up till now, I've met about seven other individuals with apps sounding similar to yours, so I would hardly call it unusual on my end. 

That being said, we do have loads of players with personal problems, depression, anxiety and otherwise feelings of uselessness, for which this server and its players have served as a kind of... rehabilitation.  I myself focus on the food, health and wellness aspect, and am willing to share that with anyone who will ask or liste -- but by and large, it's almost universal that what these players need is someone closer to their age that can listen to their concerns and offer them advice to get through some really nasty periods in their lives.  So your talent can actually be VERY useful to these players.

But I wouldn't go so far as to call it a job, otherwise you will bore of it and stop doing it once you come across a failure or two.  Call it what it truly is... a charity or civic duty or even a gracious act of good will, but not an obligation.  Do it because you WANT to help, not because you HAVE to help!

Also, team spirit is important, so glad you understand that aspect -- not all applicants talk about team effort.

QUESTION 4:
These are MUCH better than the super-short entries you had last year.

1 > haha, well not sure how given how similar the two countries' cultures are these days, but okay... I don't think we have as many dual-citizens on this server, so that's certainly unique.  Most of us are either purely 'Murican, or purely Canadian.  Wink

2 > That's true once you're in the server itself, but out here on the whitelist battlefront we can only go by the appearance of the book first and foremost (and if its worth further digging, we'll try to peer into the inside). 

3 > Well that's rather Canadian Citizen of you... and I say "Canadian citizen" since you're former president has certainly gotten you all stuck into a lot of interventionist military quagmires overseas, despite a lot of resistance from the majority Canadian population.  Ironically, that still didn't stop him from reviving the Avro Arrow in favour of the inferior F-35, so I doubt that was so much a whats-best-for-Canada decision as it was a whats-best-for-cronies one.  Razz

4 > Okay, we do have a few writers on the server, although they don't post their work as often as the artists do. ^^

5 > Oh so you like skin!  I'm sure you would love to hear my take on how food can impact skin health and what to do about it. ^_^

QUESTION 5:
Aye, thank you for explaining why you like this "rule".  Granted, you fell into the fallacy of calling it a "rule" -- it's actually a "Right".  Rights and Responsibilities are not the same as "rules" because the former puts the burden of enforcement on the players (which are numerous), while the latter places that burden on the staff (which are few).  By having both players and staff dividing the responsibility of preserving and protecting the server, this is how we can manage to avoid that aforementioned chaos since we all have a stake in making this server of ours enjoyable.  This is also how we can erect a fairly effective security apparatus even without Bukkit or later versions of Minecraft -- one can never underestimate the strength of a united and determined community.

QUESTION 6:
Correct.

VERDICT: 
This is definitely a huge improvement over your earlier attempt, and if not for the shortcoming of Question 2 I would be ringing the whitelist bell.  In actuality I wouldn't mind doing so now since I feel I can overlook a lot of its shortcomings since the rest of the application remains fairly solid (even if your logic is a bit flawed in some parts, but not intentionally). Nevertheless, I'll reserve temptation as an effort to learn more about you, as well as to see how willing you are to listen.

So rather than rewrite your entire application, give me a new Question 2 response that covers what you wrote AND what I asked for in my feedback.  Once you do and I get a better sense of your determination, and how well you can fit into our server's culture, then the whitelist is yours.

Good luck. ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by astronaut32 Sat May 07, 2016 6:03 pm

okay,responding to Ciabatta's request. here we go!

as she requested me in her question 2 feedback,about how she needed more information about how i am different and how i must be determined if i want to join this server! beginning, i am different because i am a part of the autism spectrum. my brain has trouble developing,and comprehending what other people say and do. many people picked on me in chat on my usual servers,like hive.mc, with strategies such as name calling. others included exclusion,demeaning me(ex. "your skin sucks!") and just overall disrupting what i wanted to do on the server. if I was there to play a minigame,they would team up on me,and that was unfair!
then my brother came in. he may be younger by a minute,but he stood up for me. he did everything in his power to stop the bullies from mentally attacking me. he teamed up with me when i played minigames,and taught me his skills and strategies needed to play those games. and even when we lost,we had fun doing it! i have always had that part of me that wanted me to give up. but i ignored it. i pushed on,and i succeeded! i still have a lot to learn in life, but i have some skills others get as an adult.
i care so much about others. my friends once went to get ice cream with me,and a friend crashed his bike. he had cuts and scrapes all over. and guess what i did? i took out a small first aid kit (lucky me i was prepared) and helped him until he could ride his bike. my friends took off to continue their way to the parlor. i stayed. just as my brother helped me,i helped my friend. about watching the trailer and the dynmap, i noticed how difficult it must have been to construct such a server. i noticed the giant statues and mob heads in the trailer. i noticed on the dynmap that you have a camp half blood! i look forward to roleplaying there! Giant Excited
thank you for not having me rewrite my application! i really appreciate that.
astronaut32
astronaut32

RP Character Sheet
Name: Raven
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ciabatta Sun May 08, 2016 3:37 am

Hello Astronaut,

That is a beautiful and very full answer, I really enjoyed reading that and getting a much better glimpse over how caring you are of others, I think you're exactly what we're looking for here.  You needn't worry as much about having an Autism spectrum disorder with us as we have plenty of players who have Autism, Asperger's, ADD, ADHD, OCD, bipolarism, depression and/or anxiety. And while their conditions can't be used as excuses for terrible crimes or misconduct, many of them have worked hard to integrate themselves in our community.  And in a few select cases, they even managed to reverse some of these conditions... it's a common assumption, for example, that Autism and Asperger's are untreatable, but that's mainly because your average doctors don't look for the right answers in the right places.

In any event, I appreciate you sharing that and also taking a look at our trailer and Dynmap... although we did use Creative, MCEdit or WorldControl in some of those builds, for the most part it really is just an accumulation of 2+ years worth of effort, and I hope it shows (especially with all the endless roads and bridges interconnecting our little world!). The Camp Half-Blood was an import by a player called ConnorCreeper... he hasn't been around for a long time, but I'm sure he would have loved to see an avid fan going absolutely happy over it.  Smile

Anyway, no need to say anything further, I'm really impressed with and proud of your effort!  Please welcome aboard!  ^^
Ciabatta
Ciabatta
Admin

RP Character Sheet
Character Description:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next